LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I need the spring---please, no more snow, cold,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need the spring---please, no more snow, cold,
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Winter/Snow

I am tired. I have no more fight left in me. My spirit is weak and my roof is leaking.

All I have to give you is my dignity but I think you took that in January/February when I had to put on 3 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of socks, 2 sweaters, 2 hats, 3 gloves and one giant NorthFace coat to be remotely warm.

I have nothing left - Please go away!

-

-

-

Steve

[ 03-16-2015, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: steve1906 ]

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today the sun was out, Temp at 50, birds singing and I saw some daffodil shoots coming up…...

Gotta be Spring on the way.

Thanks for the beautiful photos!

Ann - OH

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The redbud trees are incredible! They will be blooming very soon here in Missouri.

Spring is right around the corner, Steve. I promise!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too! The only member of my family who loves this weather is my dog....who frolics and jumps in the snow and eats his way through it.

I envy him. I've never seen such joy and abandonment with 12 inches new on the ground.

He did make me laugh when he came in with his head covered in the white stuff and his nose covered too! (I look for any joy wherever it comes from).

I'm thrilled that daylight saving time started......MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR!! Next thing you know, the crocus will bloom and that's the sure sign....

Hang in Steve, it's so close...just blink and it will be here.

PS My roof is leaking too. It's old and even creaks with the weight on it......scary but only temporary. That's how I think of it.

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow you guys ...daffodils and crocus??? I still have 6' snowbanks...four windiws half covered with snow

But...the forecast here is good steve...40s for me...maybe you'll hit 50!

I am so sorry about the leaky roofs. That happened to my neighbors. I have a guy coming to crawl up in my attic and check the rafters cuz of sounds i hear. Im not sure if heaviest snow did damage

So far no leaks or cracks

Thank you for pics steve...i love the first one!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok - we'll do a trade - we'll ship you some spring and you ship us some water...

Spring started right after the holidays with magnolia trees opening their large pink blossoms in early January! Next to autumn trees that hadn't dropped their leaves yet, and those that did. Three seasons at once in various parking lots around town!

That's a beautiful pink blossom tree pic there!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Robin is the only one with spring right now... appropriate, right?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a deal Robin, here's the water, now send us some sunshine!!!

-

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man..i cant post a simple pic and steve makes it rain on here. Some one was mailing snow from here and charging for it. I could send you melting snow robin but its yucky...muddy and fullof salt. We are approaching mud season.

And yes...appropriate that robin has spring...thanks for the belly laugh tutu

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the red red robin goes bob bob bobbin along, along

won-d'ring where the rain has gone, only here on Lymenet, it's so cute, but wrong...

I don't know how to send a sun picture, if you could clue me in about your weather magic here!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Spring Sunshine

After all the chills and winter blues,
The staying warm and staying in,
Meetings indoors for outside is cold,
Then comes the spring sunshine,

The sun breaks in like a door open wide,
With the burst of sunlight,
That lasting and warm,
Bringing smiles back on peoples faces,

While in the chilling season it brings,
Us all to hibernate and stay in,
Not getting out much as weather is cold,
Until the spring sunshine brings us back outdoors,

It is the time for new growth,
It is the time for new beginnings,
It is the time for buds to bloom,
It is the time for nature to sound its sounds of nature again,

For all the while when we shelter from the
chills,
Winter is chilling,
And springs getting ready,
For all the new beginnings,
Brought forth from the old,
Of last seasons blossoms,
Spring will bring new growth from its roots,
And bloom again with spring sunshine rays,

Spring will start again,
And a new year to begin it with,
That starts with first,
The spring sunshine,
Of first days of spring,
That brings the smile back,
To all our faces,
With warm sun rays,
Of spring sunshine.

-

Steve

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

That is so cute - a sun ball! You have weather magic, Steve!
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I looked at this on my computer instead of my phone and the flowers were so much prettier

Im waiting for my purple crocusses and yellow daffodils

But today i worked my way around the camper shovelung and i saw three of my baby scotch pine coming up out of the snow

I sae my baby blue spruce out front yestday

Yes...spring is ciming but we have 24 hrs of mixed precip to get thru first....

--------------------

steve1906
Member # 16206

Hey LP, Here's your purple crocusses & yellow daffodils a early...enjoy...

-

-

Back to my cellar, doing some cleaning incase I get water.

Raining today - 1 or 2in. - tomorrow snow - 1 or 2in.

Steve

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ohhhhh!!! Thank you!

Just shoveled another two hours in the rain...im getting there...sure hope it doesnt come in the walls

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Pretty!! Thanks, Steve! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

steve1906
Member # 16206

Well,,,We finally broke the all time history record for snow fall------

Okay so we did it, now, NO MORE SNOW!!!

-

-

Steve

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope it's another 20 years before it's broken again! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

catwoman13
Member # 45472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catwoman13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when I thought the huge piles of snow around my apartment building would never melt, it got warmer and I can actually see some grass. Fair long way to go yet, though.

--------------------
no bite, fatigue for 30 yrs
diag Feb '13 (maybe)
homebound w/ fatigue Dec '11

Posts: 14 | From W Mass | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement