LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need a good source for DE & clay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good source for DE & clay
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a reputable online source for bentonite clay and/or diatomaceous earth? My doc said I can take either, or both together if I want. I can get the clay locally, but not the d.e.

So if no one knows of a good online source for the clay, that's fine; just thought it would be nice to be able to compare prices with Super Supplements. But the food grade d.e. is proving a bugger to find -- even online!

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best clay is Living Clay .. Amazon. It's really good and it's calcium based, which is supposed to be better. I love it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lymetoo! Do you know a source for the diatomaceous earth?

--------------------

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the DE on Amazon too. I can't get to it right now to see the brand. Just look for anything that is food grade.

I tried it once and broke out in a HORRIBLE rash. So I won't go there again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would one take either or both of these?

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1603 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

quote:
Originally posted by Ann-Ohio:
Why would one take either or both of these?

As binders for toxins, among many other things. Bentonite clay is made up of old volcanic ash and is high in minerals. Here's an article about it:

Natural News

Not sure if all those claims in the article are true; however it does have a solid reputation for being excellent for detoxing. As does the diatomaceous earth, plus it's high in silica:

www.naturalnews.com/diatomaceous_earth.html

This link takes you to a list of several articles about d.e. I was reading the first one and noticed that supposedly, d.e. sprinkled on lawns is supposed to kill ticks. Obviously, one wouldn't buy the food-grade stuff for this. [lol]

[ 06-17-2015, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------

Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Well, that was crummy. I just realized the second link didn't post as a link, and I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I fixed it. You can't have any punctuation next to a link's URL.

Ann... The Living Clay helps me clear things out... I'm sensitive to salicylates and histamine in foods and if I eat something I react to, I take the clay. It helps take the burden off the liver.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
++I live right next to the largest exporter of diamaceous earth food grade imaginable.

Been in his huge lobby on shipping day,,,it was FULL waiting for the carrier to pick up.

They use a different name for the de biz.

I will try to look them up in a few minutes

otherwise drop me a pm and I will look up their regular number in the book,,,they wont care and be glad to sell you what you need either way.

How much are you looking for? I bought 50 # sack last time there of it,,,,so any quantity is available

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

A mere 2 lbs would last most people a lifetime! [Big Grin]

Good to see you, don!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here it is

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/index.php

they are salt of the earth good people,,,done biz with them for years on other stuff.

I GUARENTEE no problems with these people or I will purposely turn the wheel a bit and park at there front door and get whats needed fixed.

I drive right past there front door twice a day or more.

I bought 50 # so I could sprinkle it around the base of the house to ward off my creepy crawler bugs,,,,held off cause was raining every day

Guess what,,,it still is!!!!

Dont have any inside bugs. Had a friend spray it for me once a few years ago when I was out of town.

He doesnt like spiders and one bit him,,,,big mistake,,,he sprayed so much Tempo at them all my bugs are dead on the basement floor.

Didnt know it was THAT effective for so long,,,,guess I enjoy that tho

Hope the link works okay,,,,anyone can order (and should)

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Don, this is awesome, thanks so much! I was reading the testimonials. In the "human testimonial" section, the 8th one down, the person was raving about how d.e. was the only thing that was able to kill her parasites.

I've read that on other sites, too, because after I last posted I did find two sites that sell the food-grade d.e. But I still hesitated to jump in because I didn't know anything about these co.'s. But since this co. is so highly recommended by you, I'm going to try it.

Another thing I read in the testimonials from this co. (and the others) is that it even keeps scorpions and TICKS away. And spiders, oh Lord, how I've longed for a way to keep spiders out of my house! [woohoo]

So, have you found that it keeps ticks away? In one or two of the testimonials, they were talking about dusting their pests and themselves with the stuff....I wonder if we were to dust our clothes with it before spending time in the great outdoors, if it would work as a tick repellent? Hmmmm.....

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement