LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Medical Questions.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » It has been a long while but i need assistance with a new member

Author Topic: It has been a long while but i need assistance with a new member
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in our family my son's GF is constantly ill she is only 18 and her upbringing has issues too but here we go with what is happening; mind you i have an entire family with LD from bipolar symptoms to heart and lung concerns: here we go:

She has a 3 year old; yes long story there, but unfortunate situation yet she has a beautiful smart son, who needs his tonsils out in 3 weeks..

she suffers from panic attacks .. scary ones too.. chronic UTI's back and neck aches and migraines she is overweight as well and has a chronic sweet tooth. BMI is 33.6

I already know this is underlying LD behind the scenes.. but this area does not support the idea it is a problem. HAHA so we are dealing with ignorance at its finest and the system is not helping in this area

so please she is not accepting the idea she has it too well but leaning there as I am telling her it has to be and she obviously mentioned it to the doctor cause they ran the western blot.. NEGATIVE of course..

so now help me I have gotten most of those in the family who are still alive .. fairly under control outside of my sister who is failing horribly as we never know if she really stays on treatment or not..

my mother is 75 and showing her age now and the health system is scaring her into her grave with the mention of PE and well not to get off into a side show i need to know how to get this gal back on healthy life styles

I am pushing her to start with catsclaw and garlic the more holistic remedies without getting the doctors into her body so much.

The panic attacks concern me as my son needs his sleep putting in 50 - 60 hrs a week at work she always has them at night and he is freaking out loosing sleep trying to get her calmed down so he can get some sleep.

happens at least once a week and he is at whits end, it may end up killing the relationship if she can not manage her emotional issues sooner than latter and he really cares a great deal for her.

just having issue with the fact she wont seek medical help (psychologist) for these attacks and refuses to go to the ER when they are happening..

I have more or less insisted on it but he said no she starts crying more and shaking all over and crying and is hard to understand.

they are scary and I have issue with people who refuse help when it is apparent to everyone else but them how much help they do need.

so suggestions of holistic remedies that may help with some of these symptoms i know antibiotics are on the top of the list as well as probiotics but until they begin to kill off some of these bugs... how to minimize the other symptoms? PLEASE

Breaking up your post so it's easier for many to read here -

[ 06-27-2015, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to add here that she drinks cranberry juice daily..

the last trip the other night for her back pain headache and neck because her job sent her home after she sweated through her polo shirt in an hour and nearly passed out at the register..

The ER had her in isolation said because she hasn't had 3 negative urine test and there was some note about a resistant bacteria although the last UTI test came back negative which was done on the 17th of this month.. all her tests come back normal..

since she is living here and eating what I cook no high or lows in cholesterol or any of her ranges all normal.. ekg is normal as well..

In her past she had high cholesterol and many other ranges which tettered high and low but now all ranges are in check so I am thinking she needs prozac and flexeril as she doesn't seem to deal with stress very well.. and prozac helped me a great deal when i was a single parent..

just throwing a bit more information to help with narrowing things down.. tests all seem to indicate she is healthy.. so i believe this is more stress and emotional health issues caused by lyme..

Breaking up your post for easier reading for many here -

[ 06-27-2015, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have found it doesn't work to push someone to treat Lyme if they don't believe it. What I do is offer information and support, to hopefully bring people around.

In this case, the info that Lyme tests do not necessarily come back positive, such that a negative test does not rule out Lyme - that's the first thing I would say here.

Second, to let her know that this diagnosis is not well-supported by medical professionals and that she could be missing out on having that understanding. Do you know who the Lyme-treating doctors are in your area, in case you can get her to see one?

Third, to inform her what the symptoms of Lyme disease are. Sometimes people need time to chew on some info.

Next, you say she has panic attacks mostly at nite. Do you know what that's about?

It might be a good idea to build up as much understanding of her as possible, in order to befriend her. She obviously is upset, so to listen to what is upsetting her. It can be calming to someone to have someone who listens to them.

Your son also does need to sleep. Seems to me you all are going to need to figure out how to manage this situation so he can get his sleep, and she can be listened to and understood.

Maybe the ER is not the best place to go to for panic attacks - perhaps an understanding psychologist would be good, as you said she has issues. She's very young too.

Have to go now - this is my initial response for now -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
The ER is NOT a good idea for "panic attacks" if lyme may be the cause.

Prozac can make panics attacks worse, too, for some. It nearly killed me due to the over excitation it caused my nervous systems many years ago.

And, unless a psychologist is ILADS educated and thoroughly LL, they can do more harm than good, IMO, for "panic attacks" that are physiological in nature.

Sounds like adrenal exhaustion connected to the attacks, too.

Forget BMI or weight. If lyme, that often is the cause of weight gain. And, if adrenals are depleted, she will be craving certain foods for emergency fuel. Be very careful to let her food choices be her own while having good choices on hand.

Sometimes, though, if an adrenal attack, the need for a certain food can be nearly emergency status. Adrenal support, though, may help prevent as may MAGNESIUM.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MAGNESIUM .. GO GET HER SOME NATURAL CALM!!

Have you done any research on panic attacks?? I would say to look into her gut health as a possible cause and the lack of minerals such as magnesium.

And I agree with Robin. You can't push her to seek treatment. So she will have to hit rock bottom before she will listen.

PS .. I also agree with Keebler. I'm not so sure that Prozac will be a good thing for the panic attacks.

Moving to Medical Questions

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement