LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? June 28

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? June 28
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you celebrating July 4th already? Some are celebrating this week-end. Seems weird to celebrate it so early. Perhaps we'll have an entire week of fireworks!?

What are the fireworks in your life today?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great church service. No fireworks, just the Holy Spirit at work.

We had a healing service today where the pastor anoints you with oil and says an individualized prayer for your needs. You can bet I was first in line--LOL.

Finished trimming the small bushes and barely got done before... you guessed it, it started to rain again.

Rain in forecast every day this week. We don't need a weatherman. It's a "rinse and repeat" forecast.

May try to squeeze in a walk if the sun comes back out, but then again, I may just relax. National track and field championships are on T.V. and I love to watch those.

Have a blessed week, everyone. [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right.. step right up for those healing oils!

I'm watching Silence of the Lambs for relaxation .. hahaa.

This will make kayak happy:

http://www.ky3.com/news/nation/escapee-matt-shot-dead-cough-gives-him-away/21049024_33806644

They caught the escaped convict.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...i checkrd our local weather before i came on herr. He was top story. They didnt get far.

Ive been sleeping a lot. I cleared bed off in middle of night and slept good therr first time in long time but had neurontin in me

Then today was second dsy on wechol for mold detox. Last time it almost put me in hospital with constipation. This time it acted like a laxative. I only took 1/8 teaspoon once a day tho.

I did all my supps, food, homeos, meds right today except i didnt take anything for shoulder cuz it doesnt hurt

Im taking new homeo and supp for mold and musc/tendo/
ligament/bone frim chiro...not sure what is helping. For now im taking everything to get some relief...later i ll wean off and try to
figure what is helping me

Im even wondering if two days of welchol removrd toxins tht
were making my shoulder hurt so bad...but i know thst is a stretch

15 months ago i had this bigvthing with new dentis. I refused
root canal and wanted tooth pulled but he refused and filled it 350 i think. Half ofvitvfell off today. Im really glad it doesnt hurt. I have mri tomorrow.

Dentist got his 350 and now he will charge me for pulling it. It is next to a tooth already pulled and he says it will make many problems in my mouth

I dont know. Just want to get thru tomorrow and get a shower in my own house. Its going on a month now

I slrpt a lot tody but did a lot of yard work yesterday. So guess its ok.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

Well, I'm super tired today. Got home from Atlanta last night around 11 p.m. Went to bed around 1. Up at 6:45, made my salmon patties for the week. Made my lunch and that casserole I didn't make last week. Shucked 5 ears of corn and nuked that, so dinner's done for tonight. Oh, and squeezed in one load of delicates and hung on the back porch clothes line.

So far, not to super busy here at work and I'm very, very relieved!

My plan is to get off at 8 and head straight home, eat dinner, take a shower and go to bed.

Have a great day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--you wild woman!!! [woohoo]

Walked 35 minutes yesterday and 34 minutes today. Would like to lose the trekking poles, but that hasn't happened.

Still have major stomach (or intestine) and esophageal pain. Probably should go for an endoscope, but just not up for that.

They will want to do a colonoscopy due to my age and the last time that happened the MD tore the rectum and I needed surgery. He was not my usual gastro MD, but I can't get excited about these procedures at all,

Made some gluten free blueberry muffins and have been pretty lazy today. Would be a good day to weed before more rain comes tonight, but am out of energy. Maybe tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been really sleepy and down about not getting things done and having things go wrong but trying to remember starting detox can make you herx and it is a goid thing.

I was so angry when dentist acted like i had to come in to see if mri would be safe with broken tooth. They made me wait until i said i had to leave then rushed me in and insisted on xray to find infection...then dentust comes in pushes on my tooth and says no infection but he wants to smooth it out...i got up and left. They shold have pulled the stupidctooth a year ago like i wanted

I was a little late for mri...stressed...forgot canes...but they were very kind. It hurt,,,i spasmed and stuff but got thru it. I dont get results forv3 weeks so i assume that means

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

It didnt show anythung so i am.just moving forwrd with mold and thyroid tx and trying to get house in better shape and finished

The guys just returned call and said they will be here in the morning

I picked some roses and daisies and that made me feel a little better but im just sorta weepy...

I cant believe how much you do ak....wish i could clone you and keep you around

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Boy, kayak .. I'd be upset too. It's like every day something else goes wrong for you. God bless you!!

AK, you do more in one day than I do in a week's time! [Wink]

I didn't get much sleep last night .. Got up this morning and saw that I didn't take my Ambien. HA... no wonder! [Big Grin]

Hoping to sleep tonight! My thyroid medicine is still not right, my eyes burn and hurt from the dryness .. I will see my eye Dr for a follow-up tomorrow. I'll probably let him do punctal plugs for my eyes soon.

Hubby's job ended on Saturday but they called him back for tomorrow. That's just great, but it means he has to lug his heavy keyboard and other instruments back up there for one day. Too bad he's not just a singer!

My brother and his wife are coming next week so I have to get some things done around here that I keep putting off. Can't wait for them to come here!

Kam is doing "OK".. she was able to make some important calls today.
Does anyone know someone who could get a new computer for her? I'll find out for sure, but I think it's the computer issue keeping her from being here. (could be the internet cost though..not sure)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Not super busy today thank goodness. Still trying to recover from my weekend. I might go like gangbusters one day but it takes me awhile to recover. Sometimes days and days! [Roll Eyes]

Hiker-I really need to get motivated and take the towels off my stair climber. You are really a regular exerciser and I wish I could be more consistent like you. I'm shooting for that!

Kayak-Was excited to read your post that you have a handle on what's causing your health problems. Now on to treatment for you. Hope you start getting some great results!

TuTu-I'm so paying for overdoing it. I have a really bad habit of doing that. I laughed when I read that you take Ambien. I use to make phone calls on Ambien and not remember a thing! Apparently I tracked down my ex one night! Needless to say....no more Ambien for me. [lol]

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Before Lyme I was an exercise queen. Used to run, bike, play racquetball, softball etc. Exercise is my stress release.

When I was in high school, if I missed a day of running it made me depressed. I relied on those endorphins.

Used to coach a lot at school, too, but those days are over.

My prayer is that each one of us will feel well enough to walk or exercise 20-30 minutes 5 times a week. Whether that is this week, next year, or years from now.

It has taken me 12 years to get this far and I still need the trekking poles, but it feels good to be "trekking."

Trekked 32 minutes today. According to my smart phone that is 1.79 miles. Which means I am walking pretty slowly, but the trekking poles may throw it all off.

[ 06-30-2015, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Took a sleeping pill last night and am feeling super groggy today! Supposed to go out with the gang tonight but I'll have to see how I feel later.

Wondering if some exercise wouldn't perk me up and give me some energy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lazy day for me. I expended a little energy weeding, but the constant up and down plays havoc with my ear since the ear tube is either out or blocked.

Blanched a few more green beans.

Great Bible study at church tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Went to exercise today and did 17 minutes on the machine and 17 laps.

Sadly, they will be closed on Friday and I won't be able to make it next Monday. So I'll be out a week of exercise. Guess I'll have to make up for it elsewhere.

My brother and his wife are coming for a few days beginning next Monday!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Thanks hiker...good prayer.

Hope you have a good visit tutu...and hope ak wakes up!

I miss kam.

My bathroom is done...at least the guy isnt coming backbexcept to make access to main drain so its easier if i get a clog and access door to plumbing for tub

I took a shower last night without a shower curtin and made a mess. I need to do a little cleaning up in there, a little painting, and get a cover for plug.

I have three really strong handicap bars...and a new t paper holder you just slide on(the old one really hurt my hand so i didnt use it) and two towel racks and hand held shower

I may scrounge around and find a better shower curtin...i really like the color blue my friend suggested

I cant wait to take a bath...8 jets!!! Yay! But im.kinda scared. Imtired from.guys working for a month. And my knees and shoulder are pretty bad. And since starting mold tx i keep falling aslerp during day.

It would be really embarrassing if i had to call the emt s to get me out of the tub

It cost about 5300. I think.

I must do bills. I am so fr behind. Papers everywherr. And etta gets her last two shots tomorrow. I have to park the tuck by the last gutter that needs cleaning out...its been raining hard as ndvwhen you are fighting mold its important for water to go to the right place. And we have at least a week of warm, dry weather coming so i am.getting organuzed to rent a rug cleaner and try tossve my poly(mold resistant) braid ed rug and a bunch of others i am going to use or sell on craigs list. Also on the list is planting potatoes tht are about to rot and mow the back yard

Not sure when or in what order all that will get done...but thst is my upcoming exercise

Today etta and i went to home depot and walked around and in the little sheds made by rubbermaid. I think when i get the bathroom.guys paid off i will probably buy the 7x7 one for the sauna.

Heres hoping i sleep tonight so im.not sleepy tomorrow and can.knock a bunch of these things off the list

--------------------

fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went out for a hike the other day. Got caught in a storm about as far from my car as I could get.

I knew there was an underpass a little ways ahead so I made a run for it. I haven't run in a very long time. I was surprised that my body allowed me to run!

Felt wiped out after getting home. Took a nap (usually I can not nap...this Lyme thing gives me insomnia more than it allows me to sleep).

Now I have terrible pain in my lower extremities. Still, it was nice to be able to run for a little bit...made me forget about how I usually feel and took me mentally back to the Lyme-free days!

Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Towels still on the stair climber. [Roll Eyes]

Co-workers didn't go out last night. Too many people out of work this week. So, I was bad and picked up a pizza. Half sausage and half green peppers. Mine was the green pepper side.

Feeling run down lately. Haven't caught up yet on my sleep from my hectic weekend and Monday a.m.

Hiker-I really need to do some yardwork but might end up hiring someone to trim around my trees and pull the weeds in my raised garden bed. At least that's the plan.....

TuTu-I hope you have a wonderful time with your brother! My brother and his family live about 30 miles from me, but I very rarely get to see them. They're busy doing their own thing.

Kayak-I'm coming to your house! Got my towels, soap, robe, slippers and rubber duckie! Once you get your sauna set up we need to have a party at your place!!!

Fitness-Welcome! Hope your legs feel better! I love to hike and enjoyed reading your post.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--pizza sounds wonderful. May indulge in a gluten free one this weekend. I like black olives on mine.

Fitnesskelly--Glad you could hike (and run). Hope you join our thread regularly. [Cool]

LP--I am coming with AK to the party at your house!!! Whoo. So glad you can take a shower now.

I think I may leave for a vacation for a few days when my bathroom remodeling starts. I just need to time it right.

I am going to pick somewhere within a 5 hour drive that I have never been to. There are some covered bridges in Indiana that I would like to see.

Went to grocery store #1 today. Will do #2 tomorrow.

Sunny and less than 80. Will walk today. Can't ride my bike since my ear tube fell out. Not enough balance.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got a 30 minute walk in. Took a different route and had a harder time as the sidewalks were broken or slanted.

I drove the route in the car. 1.2 miles, so I am doing a 25 minute mile. Pretty slow and kind of depressing, but at least I got out there today again.

Knee is hurting from all the crouching to weed this week. Getting older stinks--lol.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I crashed. Made that long to do list and it did me in before i did any of it. The last day the guy worked on bath it poured rain. He was making messes doingvodds andcends but he is in and out and he leaves door open and i cant run air machines and by the endvof the day it was smelling moldy. I trued to ignor it and pretend it wasnt but the next day it was worse and i kept tryingvtobwork on my list but falling asleep. I woke up around 7 with a breathing/allergy attack and realized i hadnt done anything all day and felt awful so i needed goid air so drove to beach. Beautiful day...surprising lite traffic...but when i got to beach the sea breeze they forecast wasnt therr. I did find a few places air was good...sat on a rock while etta snuck up on baby waves and then ran away from them when they broke.

After a few hours i realized how sick i had gotten from house. I had set up machines so it was better when.i got back here around ten

I have a plan to get up at dawn when.it is cool and make space i. Out side vinyl gsrage so i can finlly clear carport and patios and also take a ot of styff out of house. The building materials of house pretty much repel mold...but my stuff gathers dust and mold grows on the dust...so i really have to purge and only keep things that can be washed...mostly metal or stone or plastic or glass

Im going to have to get more digital with bills and even books....i swear it wasnt like this when i was growing up...but this is what it is now so i have to figurr it out. Mold food has to go

So...soon....PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope things will settle down for you very soon, kayak. A nice clean and clear house sounds healthy!!

Party time for sure! [Smile]

Hiker .. I know.. Getting old is the pits.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-You guys know I'm doing my dance!!! Whoop!!!

Am happy it's Friday and tomorrow we're grilling out for the 4th. All but my brother and his family are meeting at my Mom's. The hubs is grilling ribs and chicken. My Mom is making baked beans, and she bought 2 pies. I'm doing potato salad, beer for the grillers, and ice cream. Josh and hopefully my niece, Jessi, will be there.

So, am going to have a busy weekend.

Hiker-Kudos on the 1.2 miles! I know what you mean about the aches and pains! I really pay when I overdo too.

Kayak-I loved reading your post about going to the beach and little Etta chasing the waves. I could just picture it! Enjoy yourself!

TuTu-I bet your busy getting ready for company! Sure hope you have a wonderful time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well i fugured out i WAS herxing from the wechol. So its good its working but i took a 24 break to get a handle on this mess and i am a different person. Good to knoe i cn skip one dose and get 24 hrs of energy

I was up at 5 and out at 6 and totally reorganized the big vinyl tent. Theres lots of space to sort and repack but mostly throw aw s y stuff now

I did that by 8 and then started doing half hour rest...half hour work and also doing a l ot from wc

I moved about 15 totes from carport to back, ozoned shed, used hose to clean drive, spread tarp on drive and washed one side cuz i plan to shampoo rugs on it...the one i thought has mold on it after vaca is made of poly...mold doesnt eat that so i guess my laziness all winter allowed dust to get in ryg and when sunlight was taken.away(i put my suitcase down after trip) and then was so sick i didnt mive it for 3 weeks

So i am supposed to wash this rug with dawn and vinegar and hot water...im picking up the rug cleaning machine at 3...and we have 4 sunny days coming so i think i will get it done

Im glad i know i can control the herx. Some ppl on mold sites on fb are confusing me and scaring me a little. Thete are a lot of things thst are similar in fighing lyme and mold...and i have to remember i know a lot about lyme and much of it transfers to mold

Im thinking about wings and potato salad for tomorrow....

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

But im getting some exercise today!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Where did I miss "big vinyl tent?"

AK .. Yes, but I'm not doing as much as I should be doing for my company!

I got out and ran a few errands early since I know the shopping will get nuts later on.

Lots of rain here lately and the rivers and lakes are FULL.

More rain to come. Sigh. I need a few sunny days for my family that is coming!

Have a great 4th of July, everyone! God bless America!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--glad you are feeling better. Not sure how Welchol can make your herx, since it binds the toxins to keep them from making you feel bad and carries them away. But glad you are better.

Sometimes I have to stay away from the internet and just go with what my healer says or I will go bonkers--lol

AK--See you at your mom's tomorrow. [Big Grin]

Tutu--relax and enjoy your guests. I finished my grocery shopping early today, too.

Supposed to be sunny tomorrow. No big plans, but I do like to watch the fireworks.

Hope to walk a bit this afternoon. My exercise goal is now 2 1/2 hours per week until I go back to work. Then I am sure it will drop a bit.

Summer is flying by way too fast.

Happy Independence Day!!!

[ 07-03-2015, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im having 15 min break before going for rug machine

I got the tent when i moved here 3 yrs ago...i think i sent you a pic with the snow higher than the walls. So far it has gone thru two really hard winters

Hiker i think it wears me out when the welchol does the binding...but i am also on that new nsaid...it could be that too. It does take pain away but if it makes me this sleepy i could only take it at night

Ive been up nine hours now. Im pribably gonna have to take anouther rest before i start cleaning that rug

I guess North east lucked out with weather this time...5-7 more dsys sunny, 80s, low humidity. ...its about time!

Hope everyone has a good holiday

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement