LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » mom just got dx with cancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mom just got dx with cancer
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh. I really hate life lately. someone please tell me it's worth it!!!

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you know what kind and what stage? some are treatable and have very good recovery.

sorry to hear this. i'll be praying for you and your mom.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pebbles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pebbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LisaK, I am so sorry you and your family are going through this right now. I will be saying a prayer for you all.
Posts: 116 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's just that my FIL just died, I am on new tx for new tick, and my life just sucks.

my mom has Splenic marginal zone lymphoma.

she probably is going to be OK with it they told her since it is a slow, very managable cancer.

I know a little about it because I told her last year she had the sx for it, but also that she prob has tick diseases , and now I am wondering if tick disease can make this havoc that causes this cancer?

She lives hours away and came here because we have a good cancer place . I htought she was staying at my house tonight and my interfering sister that took her to apt. just now took her away to stay at her house. I had a lovely dinner planned and was looking forward to spending theday with my mom. now I am so sad on top of sad with my death grief, my own sick grief, and even my money grief... I reall ywanted someone to talk to and be with today.

now I am alone again, like always.

I hate everyone right now. (not really hate, but you know.....)

maybe they think they are helping by leaving me alone, but they didn't ask. they just go. so unfair.

whatever.

I am so tired of all the crap.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, Lisa. I hope she will have the best of care and that you will find ways to cope. Life has never been fair, but it seems to get worse the older we get!!

Keep us posted. I'll keep her in my prayers.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa,

Sorry to hear this news. She and you are in my prayers.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your mom and all the rest. You are dealing with an awful lot and day to day you already have a full plate.

Im glad your moms cancer is ine that is more manageable. And glad you are gettung treated for recent bite

Could you talk to your mom in private and tell her you really want some alone time with her?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your mom and all the rest. You are dealing with an awful lot and day to day you already have a full plate.

Im glad your moms cancer is ine that is more manageable. And glad you are gettung treated for recent bite

Could you talk to your mom in private and tell her you really want some alone time with her?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw Lisa, that sucks. I know how it is, to have everything seemingly fall on you at once. No, not saying I know how YOU feel -- I can't, since I'm not you, living your life -- but I know I've been through many crappy times in my life when I had one disaster after another come along;

car wrecks and resulting injuries, sick kids, divorce, depression, deaths in family, backstabbed by "friends", job loss, loss of a home....the dirty laundry list goes on and on....yuck. [toilet]

Hang in there and you WILL get through this. I'm praying for you and your mom.

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Thanks everyone. on top of it all yesterday I had such head pressure and I couldn't do a thing. I cannot stand feeling useless. maybe it was a godsend that my sister took my mom away because she is extremely high maintenance. and with my head hurting I was kind of useless.

I feel bad because I snapped at my sister and told her I was upset that no one cares about me. she told me to stop thinking everyone is (something) because of my illness. I can't remember exact words. she called me a viper. I was attacking her, so maybe I deserve that, but she cannot relate one bit as she has never been so sick her life stopped.

I feel bad now today that I acted the way I did, but I was so sad and upset and later I found out that same sister told my one daughter that grandmom had cancer which I thought was WRONG of her to do because I wanted to tell the kids.

I cried and cried , but I have been holding in my tears over my FIL death the last couple weeks so I guess it needed to come out.

now my mom is going home. my dad is freaking out- all he heard was "lymphoma" and went hysterical. he is getting his toe cut off next week (hammer toe) and I am sure this was all he needed to hear. my mom has plans to come back here for treatment - stay for the 5 weeks they say it will take. I am not sure how this will be if my dad will be left with no one to care for him and his recovery! why did they move so far??? [Frown]

and you are right Lymetoo- the older we get, the more..... ugh . I really don't like this. I always felt God made me superstrong, but the last couple years I am really being tested to the last thread.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

I know other people have it much worse than I do. I realize this. I just feel so out of control and that really freaks me out. I think the death of my FIL has me very stressed and then now I am breaking down.

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. thank you

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lisa - sorry to read this. You know, you can do a search here for the lengthy reportback from the 11-day series called Quest for the Cures continues in General Support - 50-plus doctors/scientists/survivors testifying on what works to fight back against cancer. Many have successfully survived for a long time after their cancer dx.

Takes time to read through it - you can take notes about what appeals to you - I bet you could even print it out for your mom to read through if she would be interested.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Lisa [group hug] [group hug]
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

now my dad is so upset. all he heard was "lymphoma" and that was all he could hear. he was suposed to get his hammer toe removed this week but now is putting it off so my mom can start her treatment next week. I feel so bad for him to endure his pain like that indefinitely. poor old man.

maybe this will be the catalyst he needed to push him to move back to where all his loving children live!!!!

WHY CAN"T THEY LIVE CLOSER! no one there to care for them. all 6 kids live up this way. now my mom has to come for 5 weeks to get tx here. GOd , please let this be a reason for my dad to move. family is so important

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

my mom goes for her first treatment today.

I found out that they wouldn't do a splenectomy because of her health and low body weight. he spleen is very large and they are concerned about it rupturing.

my poor mom. if you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate that very much.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sending you one of these.........

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

thanks ak...

ugh . my poor frail old mama had a reaction withing 5 minutes . she had drenching sweats and all her clothes were soaked and she had to lay in them the entire time all wet and shivering. and the IV came out of her arm because the tape wouldn't stick because of the drenching.

it took over 2 extra hours too because of that reaction and the place running late.

I hope she will get thruogh this

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement