LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Neighbors Aggravating You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neighbors Aggravating You
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've talked about this a good bit- what can be done about neighbors who use chemicals, have stinky wine barrels outside, people burning leaves, too much noise, etc. Saw this video and thought it was interesting. Seems they have "rights", to an extent.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/video?clipId=11715097&autoStart=true

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a HUGE problem!!! Except that my neighbors are not barbequing anything just burning crap and getting DRUNK!!!

I have a problem with the darn smoke!!!!!

MADDOG P.S. the hotter it gets the more likely a fiar will happen. The neighbors, I have decided would enjoy HELL !!! If they go there!!! So I hope they go to heaven!!!!!!

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always found it strange that people's right to bbq/use wood fireplaces seems to matter more than the right to breathe fresh air.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, annoying neighbors are the ones who are noisy early in the morning and late at night.

I don't want to hear lawnmowers and leaf blowers at 8 am, especially on weekends. Nor do I want to hear music blaring at 3 am. Or dogs barking for hours on end.

IMO It is reasonable for people to grill in the summer and light their fireplaces in the winter. I don't have a problem with those things.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog, I thought of you when I saw this. It is a shame!

Dogmommy, I agree. I was a firefighter and smoke didn't bother me any more than anyone else. Now I am horrible with it (immediately a bad headache and other symptoms) and leave home if it is going to be a day when they are burning. I've stayed out from the time I got up till midnight because of it.

I did ask that someone let me know when they are burning near me so I can plan to be away for the day, and thankfully they almost always do.

Beaches- I agree with lawnmowers and blowers. Totally nasty in the early morning! Music I don't mind so much cause I am up at that time of night anyhow and I can be accused of being guilty of that. Fortunately, no one near enough to hear it.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did something that will surely invoke anger and ridicule from my burning neighbors.

Offered them $75 mth towards heat bill(I'd pay more) to limit their fireplace use. Left it on a note saying my spouse has asthma, figured they'd understand that more than mcs.

I just feel so sick when they burn, gets in the house...ugh...guess I'm used to people thinking I'm crazy by now...

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sat here trying to think of something that irritates me about the neighbors.

Cant think of anything that comes to mind.

Interesting observation tho. Since when cant half grown kids walk home"1 block" from school(in a VERY good neighborhood)

Mom has to walk to school when its time to go home, to walk them back home.

Even sadder instead making good family time,,,mom is 'busy' on her phone both ways and mostly ignores the kids.

Then when the kids get home,think I have seen them outside about 3 times in the last 6 months.

Boy I would hate to be a kid again.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate upstairs neighbors. We always get the noisy ones.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madam Summerland
Member # 46894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madam Summerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme too: No. I get them all. There can't possibly be any left for you. [Smile]

Since I live in an apartment complex, I have had okay neighbors and AWFUL ones. I am one of those people who walks carefully and says loudly SORRY if I drop something heavy. LoL. But above me we had the scariest people. Lady would scream at her kids, son would throw basketballs at the wall. They finally got kicked out.

Now I have a person who apparently thinks it is okay to let their little youngster jump off of something right above my bed at 7 a.m. and runs back and forth for about an hour. The last people, the little girl would be running, RUNNING, around until 1 or 2 a.m. So ... these guys are better but I just wonder-- what are they thinking?

There is normal noise, which I understand (especially with kids) and then there is WHAT THE ??? noise. When one outweighs the other, I complain to the management. [Wink]

--------------------
--No, you can't ban all the chickens just because they ruined YOUR parade.

Posts: 17 | From Summerland | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

well I never did get a reply to my note, but a giant pile of firewood was delivered to their driveway today. so there's my answer.
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh...
Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do u guys live out of town. Everywhere i have lived recently there have been noise rules....no lawnmowers or barking dogs

But smoke bothers me a lot...all kinds...

And i live next to auto repair shop. When someone cant pay bill he sticks cars in back lot and they get all moldy. They are parked on his side of chain link fence on the line between our properties.

I have just remediated my house from mold and it stays ok with 4-6 machines running all the time...but now i have to wear a mask many days in the yard

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

lpkayak, what brand of machines are you using? I have to buy something but seems most good brands are online only, and would be hard to return if noise/emfs are an issue.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two ac, two dehumidifer and two air cleaners. The newest is an alen hepa air cleaner and i love it becuse it works so good, is very quiet, the filters are really easy to change and it is very light. I did buy it online

What type of machine are to planning to get

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Bought one dehumidifyer at sears and a sylvania dehumidifyer at big lot.

They do a good job....many years old....but are noisy

I got large honeywell hepa airfilter frim home depot. It works good but is heavy for me and , i cant change filters myself.

--------------------

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

I just ordered a Airpura r600. So hard to decide which one to buy, so just hoping it helps.
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

I have to admit defeat. I'll have to move. sent bf over there with $300 to offer them to not burn for 30 days while we find a new place. If not, I'm checking into a motel. I can feel what's left of my health slowly fading.
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can think of is to move too. Sure hope the new place works out better.

I do not know when I will be able to move. Might be a year from now. Need money to move and help and health.

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edessajarrue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edessajarrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I opened my garage door and got the biggest waft of cigarette smoke I have ever had when I came home tonight. Seriously? That is the one place I couldn't smell it on a consistent basis.

Everything is so saturated with cigarette smoke that any new smoke is just pushing through the old smoke residue like a slippery slide. Obviously those individuals that pollute have more rights than those who don't.

I am very bitter these days - working on letting this state of mind go, it's not healthy either.

-Ede

Posts: 138 | From Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a woman in my neighborhood who smokes while she is walking her dog on the neighborhood sidewalks. The sidewalk is only about 10 feet from my house, so the smoke bothers me.

What is worse though is the fire hazard. She does this even in the fall when there are piles of dry leaves around - flicks her cigarette over these leaves! I even asked her politely to stop and she blew me off completely.

Any ideas?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dogmom, sorry to say, but they probably used your money to buy more wood.

we used to live in close vicinity with others on a block of all twin houses and a shared ally in the back. the guy 2 doors down had an old motocycle and whould , every day, come out and start it up and just let it run in the drive and smoke a cigarette the whole time that seemd like an hour. horrible! and then all the neighbors used fabirc softener- UGH

now we live in a place with big yards. no one really socializes much. one year my nieghbor cut down my baby elm tree. he thought he was doinog us a favor. haha. I yelled at him. he honestly thought we wouldn't mind.

that is the same guy that was cutting hie grass on 4th of july around noon. and the guy behind us loves his leaf blower every day it seems. even on easter sunday morning he is out there blowing. rediculous. I don't mind smoke from fires too much. but perfume should be illegal. haha

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

spent the whole day packing today. Just feeling so disillusioned.

Amazing how one person's actions can force you to have to leave your home and your neighborhood. Plus my rent is going up substantially for a house not as nice as the one I'm leaving.

My boyfriend explained my health situation, they said they understood, his sis has lupus, but still can't compromise on the 24/7 wood burning

sigh...wish I didn't have to leave

[ 12-04-2015, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: dogmom2 ]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madam Summerland:

Now I have a person who apparently thinks it is okay to let their little youngster jump off of something right above my bed at 7 a.m. and runs back and forth for about an hour. The last people, the little girl would be running, RUNNING, around until 1 or 2 a.m. So ... these guys are better but I just wonder-- what are they thinking?

-
I know. People are really stupid these days. Not only are they morons, they allow their children to do whatever they want, whenever they want.

I hope everyone finds a safe place to live. We do have people with fireplaces here, but I don't notice the smoke inside our condo. I notice it sometimes when I go out but it's not too strong, thank goodness.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

good to read this post. I keep thinking if i could find a small place to rent or purchase it would help.

but just moving from an apartment complex is no guarantees that neighbors will not be an issue.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement