LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Filed for a Divorce!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Filed for a Divorce!!!
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I finally filed for a divorce yesterday.

It's been a long time coming.

I've been in a really bad marriage for 15 years. When I first became ill back in 2003 within a couple of months we separated. I was diagnosed with Lyme and co's in 2004 and went through almost all of my treatment alone.

My soon to be ex has a host of mental issues and has been incarcerated once and hospitalized 7 times since we've been married.

I won't go into all the details per my attorney but the s**t hit the fan on my 15th anniversary and information came to light causing my abrupt departure.

So, here I am, 55 years old and living back at home with my 83 year old Mother.

Thank God, I have a job that I can manage and even though I'm driving about 55 miles one way to work, I'm not homeless and hungry.

I tried to find a local divorce support group but wasn't able to find one. So here I am, yet again, posting on Lymenet about a personal issue.

You all here have been through so much with me since 2004. I'm here yet again having to ask for your help and support to help me get through this.

Any support would mean so much to me.

[Frown]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy for you. Congratulations. This time next year this all will be a distant pass.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong and brave .. you will win!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
A wake up call, action, and one foot in front of the other. Keep up the courage.

In the past, we made plans based on what we knew (or THOUGHT we knew then). As we grow & circumstances either change or other aspects come to light, it is important to pay attention to what we need on all levels.

Best of luck you in this transition. Hope the stressors will melt away and you will feel lighter and stronger.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for all that you are going through.

I have been there and done that.

It's not always easy, but each day is a new day and a chance to have peace and happiness in your life instead of strife.

At the time I had no idea that life would get MUCH better (except for Lyme) but it did.

You have your entire future ahead of you and I encourage you to focus only on the positive things and let go of the negative.

I'm glad you have a place to stay and food to eat.

Listen to inspirational music (I love to listen to KLove online), read inspirational books, watch inspirational videos...anything to keep you uplifted.

This is just a new beginning and it may be exciting to see what is around the corner or even way down the road.

You will make it just like I did. Life will get better. I promise.

[group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a lot of guts to remove yourself from a bad marriage...so sorry you are going down this road.

If one of my kids moves in when I am 83, I WOULD LOVE IT!

Sorry your ex has mental problems that kept him from being the husband/man he could of been.

Praying for your silver lining...and hoping for a better life for you after the dust settles.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im glad you got to this step ak. Strong and brave...i agree.

Ive been there donevthst also and my life surprisingly turned around...despite lyme...i fulfilled dreams i never would have if i stayed

There is something huge about getting away from a non-supporting environment. Now you can put you first...im not sure how good you are at that...and move on and heal....we will be there with you.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breathe, honey, breathe…
You are strong and brave.

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting here at work reading all your posts and getting choked up.

The words posted here felt like a pure, radiant rain falling gently on the scorched remains of my heart.

You all have given me hope.

I love each and every one of you.

Thank you.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can do this. it will be long and hard but never give up. you are doing the right thing.

I admire your strength and courage. you have many bright and happy days ahead.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it's time to make that change. I hope you enjoy your time with your mother - there is value in being able to spend time with parents. When I went through a fire once, I lived with mine and I was actually happy to be able to spend some adult time with them.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are here ak. You have struggled and your reward is coming

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not easy to leave a bad marriage. I know, because I did it, many years ago. While there were some hard days after I left, the hardest ones by far were all before I left. You are only going to go up from here.

And leaving was by far the best decision I ever made in my entire life. It set the stage for the happy life I have now (all except for Lyme, but am getting through that.)

You did a really hard and a really brave thing. Good for you. : )

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't laugh you guys.....I forgot I posted this! [Big Grin]

You all have given me such wonderful advice. I know down the road I'll see this was the best thing that I could've done for myself.

My life has been so hard for these past 15 years and I still can't believe that I'm going to be free and maybe even happy again.

My home life was so different than my work life and time I spent away with my friends and family.

I didn't want anyone to know what my life was really like. I was living a nightmare.

I'm awake now! Thank God, I'm awake.....

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hallelujah!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still smiling with happiness over here!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edessajarrue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edessajarrue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so so glad you decided to get out of your abusive marraige. You have a great attitude! I am very sorry you went through what you did for 15 years.

You may want to check out a women's shelter or Domestic abuse centers. They sometimes have support groups that help those who have been in abusive marriages/relationships and will also have more resource lists available for other support groups.

The grieving process can be long and hard at times. But your positive outlook is really key to getting through and starting a spectacularly wonderful new chapter in your life's book!

Hugs,

Edessa

Posts: 138 | From Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the encouragement! I've been having moments of intense sadness but it's getting a little better.

Once my divorce is final, I'm hoping that'll give me a sense of closure.

So far since I left August 1, I haven't had not one bad day. No drama at all. Just work and time with family. Peace, peace at last......

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not post on much on these boards anymore but I went through a divorce four years ago (she left me when i was ill after 16 years).

I can honestly say she did me a favor by walking out and my quality of life improved. I started feeling better afterward from less stress and made life decisions to improve my health. I lost 50 pounds and have been off abx for 2+ years.

It gets better so hand in there. It might seem like a dark time but you will get through it.

Good luck.

Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

So glad you are doing better, guido!! That's awesome!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Guido it was like thst for me too except i was the sick one and i did the leaving. We were all better off...me, him, the kids

The stress of living in a situation like that is enough to kill you even witout lyme.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Got a text this Saturday from my soon to be ex that he received his papers. Now I guess I just wait until my court date?

I appreciate the advice so much! It's been about a month and a half since I left and I'm still trying to adjust.

I thank God for my family and friends that are trying to help me through this. Also you guys here at Lymenet have been like family to me over the years.

I don't know if I could make it without all the help.

Thank you all so much!!!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Youve been helping me for awhile ak...you have been an inspiration for years...

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Me?? An inspiration?? You are too kind Kayak. I'm really trying to be ok with being myself. Who would have thought it'd be so hard? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you!

Whne I was finally free of a bad relationship, it was like waking up one day with a completely different reality, and a different viewpoint on life.

It's amazing how others literally are the ball and chain, dragging us down, slowing us down etc.

Good for you.

Glad to hear your days have been drama free already.

I can honestly say, the drama is something I have never missed...It was like my adrenals took a huge sigh of relief.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I can so relate to that....

Hi greta!

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Well....I'm still waiting for my evidentiary hearing.

Greta-You hit the nail right on the head! I really thought that marriage was just a lot of work and there is no happily ever. Took me 15 years to figure that there is and I have to make my life happy with or without someone. So...I just unloaded my 240 lb. ball and chain of unhappiness!

Kayak-Hey Kayak! Just to let you know that I'm just plugging along and trying to heal my heart. Got a ticket online for an outdoor sculpture judging this Friday at the local museum. Going right after work.

You all are awesome!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Good for you ak!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Onward, forward, AK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking in to see where you are in the process. What a relief it will be when the paper work part if over.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement