LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...what can you do to day nov 22

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...what can you do to day nov 22
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
raw drizzly day here it will be hard to get exercise in but i plan to try i already cleaned cottage i am in...ive slept here 3 nights so far but had to go back to house to work twice so it wasnt very dirty mostly sandy floors.

later when rain lets up hope to go for a few short walks.

i did sit out on deck with tea...bundled up while etta explored beach on a long clothes line rope...many new smells here...shes in heaven so she got her exercise and is napping while i read

day started with new troubling info on family problem but it is clear i will not be a part of the solution for awhile or ever for now my job is to take care of me as much as i can and i am doing that

a friend and a neighbor here are keeping tabs on me...they are not LL but you guys are...it feels good to have the support

tutu...(from last weeks thread) i have believed for years we are given struggles so we have a chance to learn and grow and become better people. i know that is what is happening now and i am embracing it.

hope everyone gets some exercise in! take care of YOU!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KAM-ROSEY...ITS ME KAYAK WHO IS YOUR NEW FRIEND ON FACEBOOK...THAT IS ETTA LOOKING AT YOU FROM THE WHITE TRUCK!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So happy to hear that you are taking care of YOU, kayak! [Smile]

We had beautiful frost on all the trees .. even the red-leafed ones! It was gorgeous this morning.

I plan to see a movie with some friends. Not sure I'll like it, but I'm going. I think it's called "Love, the Coopers" with Diane Keaton and John Goodman.

I think it's about a dysfunctional family at Christmas. Oh joy. I hate those .. but hoping this one will be better.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Hope the movie was decent. I am waiting for the one with Julia Roberts as an FBI agent to come out.

Very slick here. The slushy snow froze. I about wiped out in the library parking lot and I was going to go into school, but the they hadn't cleared the sidewalks, so total ice. Work can wait until tomorrow.

Rode exercise bike for 15 minutes. Now relaxing.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8904 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, one hour into the movie, all of the power went out .. in the entire complex. So we waited about 35 min and then they said they would have to start the movie over.

We decided to get our money back and try again another day. We didn't want to be there until 6-7 pm!

The first half was pretty good, so now we want to know what happens!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

didnt get the walks in but shopped at two stores and it was a lot of walking. then a little more cleaning here...trash had to go out etc

next two days will be real vacay type...but cold...snow tonight...hope it melts quick in the morning so i can get to beach without falling down

tutu if you have a way to contact kam you can explain it is me on fb...with pic of etta...

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

tutu if you have a way to contact kam you can explain it is me on fb...with pic of etta... [/QB]

-
I hate to put it on FB for all to see. I'd have to send her an email.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Well at least the movie was an adventure. Too bad your sweetie wasn't with you and you could kiss in the dark--LOL.

Lp-So, you are at the beach? How did I miss that.
Enjoy.

Working late tonight, so probably not going to get much exercise in. First day without my intern, so I actually have to teach all 6 classes.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8904 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker...my life has been crazy. I celebrated house remediation being finished and then realized voc from trip was too strong

I stayed a few days at friends then beach house guy had cancle so gave me 7 nights...8 days for 500 cheaper than motel(or er...where i would have been if i didnt get out of bad air...i go back home soon

I heard sleet last night but no snow when i woke up. We were outside most of day...very long beach walk....ettas conked out now. I was trying to stay out to watch sunset...there was a guy on beach taking pic of full moon...but my hands got really cold and i noticed ice forming on hot tub cover so i came in and checked temp...it was 36

Before i went out i made some impt calls...i am getting special mri from mold doc that shows lyme and mold toxins in brain. And friday i do next step in lump saga. Im surprised oncology open day after thanksgiving

My oldest son offered to come for thanksgiving but i said no. I get home day before and house is a wreck...i cant eat the food...i need time to put house together , get tests done etc

I wouldnt mind him coming christmas if there are no storms

I just had a 3 hr text session with 22 y o grand son...that was reall nice
. It happens a few times a year

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker .. No kisses in the dark. The generators kicked on and we had light in the theaters, but no projection.

Sorry to hear that you lost your intern and actually had to WORK for a living. LOL... just a tease for you! [Big Grin]

kayak .. So nice that you got to "chat" with your grandson. Hope your house will be much better by the time you get home and that the Dr's apptm goes well.

My husband had the day off so we went to church to get all of the shoeboxes to take them to the collection center (which was at a nearby church.) We had others show up to help and we also got all of the church decorations down for Christmas. Advent begins this Sunday!

It was really great to take the boxes (FINALLY!) I was so glad my husband got to do that too. He's finally getting excited about this ministry! Oh.. and the pic of our church's boxes was in the paper this weekend along with an article for Operation Christmas Child in our area. MANY churches do this, so we were lucky to get our pic selected.

OK... enough bragging! [Big Grin]

Gotta go to the nearby city tomorrow to get candles for our advent wreath at church. I fear there won't be any available. Gotta pray about that one!

I need to go check on kam.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak...enjoyed reading your first post. thanks for starting thread this week.

going back to read next post

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak..able to see Etta..hurray!
Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

i also would like a ford 150 truck i think...ford 150 as when i first came down sick a friend had one and it has been the most comfortable vehicle so far that i have been a passenger in.

would need to find a way to transport power chair.

it is a dream of mine. truck, camper, power chair, road...

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

charged more on amazon credit card. ugh. thought i would be able to get by this month without having to charge but a have a few things i can not go without.

at least brain was not in such a fog this am and i was able to get what i needed.

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

able to have windows open yesterday so was not closed in apartment...but too sick to recline outdoors under a shade tree in the power chair in a place that was quiet...tricky business...most of the time i have to put on my ear muffs.

maybe today i will be doing well enough to recline outdoors...it seems to help my health to stay out of apartment as much as possible unless health is too low then i have to hibernate in apartment.

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

took rosie out this am..cut the trip short as it was too cold and my health was not doing well enough and it was too dark

i usually am ok in the dark...i put a couple of small lanterns on each side of the power chair which helps me see where i am going in the dark.

have not been doing well enough to take rosie out for her before bedtime toileting so she is more than ready to get out before dawn ....shorter day light doesn't seem to compute in her brain

i will be glad when i have replaced the tires on that power chair...strong possibility i will be out and the small back tires will just fall off and i will not be able to move

but have yet to come up with the funds to replace them. $200 for middle tires $100 for small back tires plus whatever it is goign to cost to put them on

maybe i can do the small back tires out of next month's budget. think i will have the guy order them now

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ok brain is toast now..will read more later
lpkayak
Member # 5230

HEY KAM!!! GLAD WE'RE CONNECTED NOW AND YOU SAW ETTA

i used to drive 150's especially when pulling the horse trailer but around 2000 they got really big...too big for me. a silverado worked for awhile...but once i found the tacoma 4x4 four door i knew that was my truck.. easy to drive and park etc but can do just about anything...its little but its tuff

this is my last day in beach house for awhile its chilly but beautiful...i think i will have about 6 hrs outside breathing good air when i get dressed

i wont walk as far on the beach cuz my knees kept me up until i took neurontin one of the things i like about the beach is i sleep so long and deep without sleeping meds and hardly need pain meds

KAM...i read the rest of your posts...one thing to consider is to somehow get a good air cleaner...one that is easy to use and maintain...mostly easy to change filter i have one i really like that cost about 200. it can clean 800sf but its ok to put it in smaller space on high and it clears the room really quickly thats what i do when i get sick from voc or mold or whatever...i learned i cant control the air every where but i can in a small room and that is my go to place

maybe that would be worth one of those
"go fund me" things...i may have said that wrong...but makeing your sleeping area healthier can allow you to be in a bad environment with less health problems

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Dozed off driving to work this morning. Thank goodness the side of the road is rough and the rumbling woke me up. Having a rough time at the moment. Trying to figure out how to get home.

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6155 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

can you pull over and sleep ALW? hoping you are all ready home by now...safely.

I recall being so exhausted I would have to pull over and sleep...

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

call me and i will sing to you...i sing so bad that my voice should keep you awake like nails on a chalkboard
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

kayak..yep...need to add that to the go fund me next time i decide to give it a try again
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ok...able to get the low income loan paper work back in the mail...i had left some things out so they highlighted it for me...mostly i just needed to write in N.A.

Able to get some info to a friend who is signing me up for medicare plan next year

able to water the plants finally

seems like i did something else but can not recall now

movie time now

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey kam ... Did they move the smoking area??

AK .. Hope you are OK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow kam..nice offer...to ak...i couldnt think how to help. Hope you are safe ak. Becareful!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Hope you can get more rest this weekend or do you have to work?

Kam-will you sing to me, too?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off Thanksgiving but working Friday and Saturday.

[Frown]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6155 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Back from beach. House smells ok. Im exhausted tho. It took
4 1/2. Hrs to clean beach house. It was torture since it was a really beautiful day. I just wanted to be on beach. . I m doingbmy thing here at the house. Sit about 20-30 min and plan what i will do when i get up for about ten min.

So far i am cleaning living room floor, putting down new scatter rugs...and putting furniture in its forever home...i hope

Hiker...are you goingvto your parents?

So sad to hear tutu is sick with a bug(she posted on fb)

Its goingbto be beautiful weather thurs and fri so i hope to do the things i really want to in the yard. I have a bunch of bulbs to plant. And things to move before we have to shovel. Im "thankful fo a late fall" that big storm looks pretty bad

Hope everyone has safe and happy holiday

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That beach house is cleaner than our place then! Wow!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving .. gobble gobble.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Able to take a shower this am. Resting. Then will get dressed.

got good news. Tires for power chair are on the way..provided by a person who works for the company that makes my power chair.

Sure hope my power chairs keep running until i am able to get a new one...power chairs only last 3 to 5 years and mine have lasted from 2005 for one and 2007 for the other.

Ok got dressed. resting now.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam i guess veterans have the same problem with power chairs. They always break before the vet is allowed a new one. I found out about that at my yardsales this summer. I have a neighbor who needs powerchair and his neighbor helps him out. I couldnt give him.a new power chair but he didnt even have a good push chair so i gave him two that needed small repair when my insurance replaced mine

They were both really happy and it made me feel good to be able to do something helpful

So many things dont seem fair.

The weather is beautiful here. I had two invites for dinner but it would have been difficult...even detrimental to go

im making chic breasts with many veggies i dont have tht often and plan ti plant bulbs i bought on sale. Im.so greatful for this late fall. Last year we had really bad snowstorm. Many lost power and couldnt cook

So this is a good year. Have a happy!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

So happy about the new tires, kam. That is awesome!

We had a nice day. I'm feeling better and we went to a church friend's house for turkey dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

so, i think i am awake. i recall taking a couple of excedrin. letting the cat out. taking the dog out to the field next door to do her business via ht epower chair...so glad when the new tires are on and i do not have the added stress of will today be teh day when the wheels fall off and i am stuck here in the cold.

face is defrosting...heater is on but sound of heater is too much...waiting a bit then i will get up and put ear protection muffs on...need to find location to put muffs near bed so i can have access to them when laying down.

good news about it being so icy out is the cold air helps the brain stuff....body not so much.

next step is to find someone to put the tires on...thinking of getting a few estimates unless the first one i go to sounds reasonable.

guessing local power chair store will cost the most to get the job done and a tire or auto mechanic shop will cost less...

..just need them done right...in the past i had the tires put on and they never were right after that..rough ride...and wobble (off balance) which doesn't make sense..how can that be?

ate food a neighbor brought me yesteday and am paying for it today..it had sugar and dairy and flour

pumpkin pie, fresh cranberry salad, i also ate potatoes with cheese...all stuff that i avoid usually

hoping the head stuff goes away

next get up will be to go for a drive with Rosie in the car..

would like to do a few things around here....we shall see

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ice on the car windshield so hoping rosie can wait until it is gone before wanting to go for a ride this am...we shall see.

takes so much out of me to scrap it off

guess i could start the car and let it run again...it worked one time and didn't another time

kind of catch 22 as going in and out to do that takes a lot out of me too

able to hang up to lounge wear outfits from yesterday's laundry.

resting now

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

kayak...forever home...like the sound of that...are you the one that has moved a lot over the years?
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

tutu..regarding the smoking area...petitions were torn down..people got their panties in a wad...

management has not replied to my email re: what the next step is adn I have not contacted her...

i would like to see a canopy type of place for the smokers with heaters and misters and one of those canopies that has sides you can pull down to block the wind or rain or snow or sun...

this is a senior/disability complex and smokers were able to smoke in their apartments until the fire last year or on their patio...

glad that is not supposed to be happening although it still is and no one has been kicked out yet.

smokers are still smoking at the entrance...those who can not tolerate the smoke are still going in the side doors and avoiding the entrance although the entrance has handicap doors that open automatically and side doors do not so not so easy for those in power chairs or walkers

things move slowly around here.

the petition i put on the table in the lobby was gone within 5 min. Another neighbor had hung up petitions on the 2nd and 3rd floor...those had signatures on them and were torn up and then put back on the board in pieces..sheesh.

That made me mad so I put a note on my petition on the lobby table to please do not tear this up.

they did not tear it up...they just threw it away.

Got attacked by riff and raff ..but later calmed down when i considered the source...hate people that attack you instead of the problem.

the petition also included a warm, dry area to be created for those who do smoke.

I still am concerned when i see the sick and elderly out smoking at the entrance in the freezing temps...

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Souns so frustrating...i dont know if im the one that moves alot. Maybe tutu knows. Im not sure what alot is

Good sleep. Except knee and shoulder pain but i dreamed a few times so i know it was some good sleep. Verry foggy...looks like it rained

Slow start but ate, got supps in did a . Little in kitchen and now must get ready for oncologist to check out the stupid lump. I forgot about that. Havent gitten out to do bulbs. Way too moldy out there evenif i had time. But it is good in house...so greatful for that

Into the shower i go. Need to pick up last two weeks of doxy for etta when i am out.

See ya later

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday-Turkey Day-Brined turkey the night before. Roasted in a counter top oven on T-Day. Mom made dressing and a Mrs. Smith's pumpkin pie with Coolwhip. I made deviled eggs, corn on the cob, instant potatoes and rolls. Josh made broccoli and cheese, the gravy and pecan pie. We also had a small relish tray and canned whole cranberry sauce. Josh did most of the dishes!!!

I put some chopped up turkey, corn off the cob and gravy in the freezer for brunswick stew later. Also froze some broccoli and cheese and dressing for another meal. Also froze 2 cups of the pecans for Josh to make another wonderful pie.

It was just the 3 of us. The food was wonderful but our family is getting smaller and smaller.

I'm at work today and it's 10:23 and I hope I'm done with everything here because I'm still in a turkey stupor!

Glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

See you all tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I had a great Thanksgiving with my parents at their retirement home. Buffet in the dining room, then shrimp, cheese, nuts, and dates with champagnes in the evening.

I did exercise yesterday--some walking and some riding the exercise bike.

Today is rainy and cold. I am back home now and I dragged out a few Christmas decorations. I know it is a bit early, but the season is short.

Rode my exercise bike 15 minutes. Did half the grocery shopping and will do the rest tomorrow.

Rest and relax this evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam .. That's awful that they have no guts to take care of the smokers. Perhaps there isn't a solution, I don't know.

hiker .. Glad you were able to go to your parents' place. Sounds really nice. Hope your mom is doing OK.

I hope to get our tree up this weekend. I always put it up early since we leave at Christmas.

kayak .. Hope the appointment turns out better than expected. Also happy the indoor air quality is good.

AK .. Thanksgiving dinner sounded really good! Hope you three continue to do well together.

I got up "early" and went to see a show. There are several shows I still want to see and we only have one more week of shows until the break.

My husband is off today, but they have a show tomorrow. It's cold and rainy here, so I guess we're just going to hibernate for the rest of the day!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

well...all the ppl in my oncols office were wonderful to me even tho they were very busy with some very sick patients i was there over 3 hrs and the outcome was catscan with injection asap hopefully monday...then back to oncol to make a plan im pretty sore form all the poking and prodding

nothing is as bad as not being able to talk to my son who is struggling or knowing how to help him i keep remembering hes 32...let him be...i left home at 16...my oldest went to college at 17...this son should be fine but he isnt...i know hes worried about not getting job since he finished college last june...and all the student loans he has he also lives in chicago and chicago is a mess now but it really is out of my hands and i have my hands full with me...so i try to let it go im exhausted now and hope to get a little outside time tomorrow for fun
oh yeah...lost 4 lbs last week at beach...but really havent lost more than 30 all yr and it goes off and comes back...so nothing really to celebrate

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You have to have the contrast, kayak? [Frown]

I hope you hear some good news about your son very soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yeah...the contrast...but a lump that has been bthering me 8 months and keeps me awake...i think i need to check it out. Will be prepared to detox after. Also have dermatoligist appt tyes or wed...put it in my calendar twice! And mri-a special one that shows mold and lyme...its new...called a neuro-quant. On fruday. Im lucky aplace does it an hour frim me...not many places do it yet...but it is closed mmachine and that is very hard for me

So next week looks like an adventure for me. I need to not think about stuff til i know whats going on and can make plans...including my son

Hear me sing "let it go, let it gooooo!....."

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ps...our friend lisa is going thru some stuff on another thread she started

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-At work and it's 9:27 and got most of the stuff done. Was busy yesterday and am prepared for another busy day. Work til 7 EST.

Hiker-Your T-day sounded wonderful, especially the champagne and hor d'oeuvres! Reading about your workout has me motivated!

TuTu-I hope the 3 of us continue to get along. It's hard for all of us to adjust, but for myself, being gone 11 hours 4 days and 13 1/2 one day doesn't leave me a lot of spare time to complain! Darn it!

Kayak-Are you doing ok? I had a mammo last week and just got the ok on that. In regards to family, Josh is 34 and even though he's not my son, I have a hard time realizing he's grown and I really need to give him a lot more credit for being 'with it'. What really changed my mind about him was when we went to Alaska in '13 and he hiked up Flattop. Pretty treacherous the last few hundred feet to the very top, (no trail, some non-technical climbing). His determination to make it to the top, even though a group of about 8 20-somethings called it quits at the last picnic table with a visible trail, surprised me. I had to realize that he's sure enough a man. What a wonderful eye-opener for me. Hang in there!

BTW, gang.....I'm having surgery on the 3rd, this coming up Thursday. Having a uterine polyp or fibroid tumor removed and will be off of work for 4 blessed days! The plan is to work on my 'ugly' Christmas sweater maybe on Saturday.

And also watch tv and veg out! Yay!

You guys are the best! Have a great weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

hmm...keep us posted..surgery
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

tutu...heard one of the owner of the building created the smoking area in the front of the building...i assume he also talked it over with the other owners unless he left out the part about it being used as a designated smoking area.

he smokes himself.

management thinks it is a bad idea but she is not being listened too...so thought maybe a petition would help...we would all sign it and send it into the main office of the management company.

It has been ..what ..2 weeks now and still no response from management on my email on what the next step is re: petitions being torn up.

My thinking is we need to write directly to the main office..but know in the past they mostly round file things from what others have told me

more people have moved out this year than any other year...most likely due to the no smoking policy in apartments now...

...at the half way mark this year, maintenance said they all ready had changed over more apartments than they usually do all year...so it has been a very busy year for maintenance as that is one of his jobs...to clean things up and get apartments ready.

another person moved in last night in the dark...lots of noise when people move in and use teh stairwell next to me

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ok...3 days in a row now of back to having a morning poo ...having being constipated for 2 months or more this is good.

taking stuff to help..dulcolax and a colon cleanse

stuff that used to help me keep regular is no longer working since i started back on probioitcs

took rosie out to toilet his am at dawn via the power chair...brrrr..21 degrees i think

then drove her to the dog park around 8ish...

looking forward to the thursday when i will have funds to get food..going to get turkey [Smile] had some slices that i heard were from safeway so going tos ee if i can find them as i was able to chew them

i am ok with what i have on hand now

able to kind of clean under one of teh burners on the stove...and take the trays off and put in sink...something the caregiver does not notice that needs cleaning and something that she usually gets dirty when cooking me something...

hoping to be able to clean up more in kitchen this am but we shall see..not much cleaning to do but there is some elbow grease needed and sos pad to clean those trays that go under the coils

have window open in bedroom..wearing long johns, warm outfit and fleece with down sleeping bag covering me..concerned about rosie stayibn warm enough..

time to get some hot water bottles for her as not having the heater on and the apartment closed up seems to be helping my health

or maybe it is just the cold..that is helping...ha! but hands are cold..will put them under the sleeping bag when is start to watch a movie

peeing is working better now too...again..maybe that is because of the cold too. ha!

Just know that when I was staying at the hotel thsi time last year it was not a big thing to get up and go to the bathroom...since moving back to apartment it has been a big thing again and the system really slows down at times to the point of not working??

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

dang..forgot what the movie was that someone was waiting to see but it had actors/actress in it that i like too

watched mission blue...documentary on netflix last night...good one...like the person in the movie i can not believe i had not heard of the female biologist before now either..can not recall her name but added her to my FB after the movie..sylvia?

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

got in the car to go for a drive thsi am and got as far as the dog park....just didn't have it in me to go any further..thankful i was able to walk the few steps into the dog park and an old dog park friend was there
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes ak...good luck and keep us posted.

I just ate breakfast. I need to get pills in and deal with pouring rain outside...get it away from foundation

Maybe i ll burn some calories and get my nind off the bad stuff

Hopefully i ll come back later and list many things i got done

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Will be praying for your surgery and for LP for your medical tests.

Rosie--I commend you for keeping at it each day and going about life even though it is so hard.

Finished grocery shopping this morning and make a big pan of spaghetti sauce to freeze for later. Went to Dollar General to getting wrapping paper and bought next year's Christmas cards. So cheap there and they have so much stuff.

Rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes. There is a piece of equipment I saw on Shark Tank I want to get called the Simply Fit board for balance and you twist on it to work muscles. Out of stock online until the New Year. Riding the bike gets boring.

Am watching Illini lose to Northwestern in football, but maybe they will come back and win.

Lp--Chicago is a mess with the protests. My friend was all set to go shopping there yesterday on Michigan Ave. Protestors were blocking the stores. LP--praying for your son, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty hiker. We need it. Im pretty sure hes missing now. I had a hard time for about 12 hrs but then a peace came over me. My mom passed about ten yrs ago but i feel like she is watching over him and its ok

So...i took my breakfast meds at 6 pm. Did a little work in kitchen and one load laundry. Ordered some old fashion Christmas liggts for my old fashioned candles to put in windows. No tree of course but neighbor brought over a poinsettia. That and my drummer boy and ettas singing santa hat will be it

I found a church for tomorrow. Its where i went as a teen and young adult. They have both 9 and 11 service so i think i just might get there.

Then have some fun in yard when i get back. Its supposed to be chilly but sunny

Take care everyone. Peace to us all

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Have a good evening, everyone!

Guess I need to step up the prayers for all. I quite often forget to pray for myself.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

rosie is starting to move about. 6:30 am here. woke at 5:30 am and took two excedrin.

time to get out from under the down sleeping bag and get dressed. slept in long johns so will just put clothes over long johns.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement