LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Neighbor lady threting me !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neighbor lady threting me !!!
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone
I am so mad tonight ,I went out to get my mail the evil lady next door started in on me.

She said if you don't point you security camera down we will sue you.

we contacted a lawyer and he said your camera is illegal.

If you don't point it down I will send your picture mowing your grass to social security and get you kicked off .

I called the sheriff he said my camera is totally legal.

The security here told me I do not have to move my security camera.

I did not fake any thing to social security,she is wrong.

I am 60 years old and am having strokes on top of 18 other disabilities.

Someone needs to cast out the demons in my neighbors.

I am going to Dayton this week and getting a lawyer and sue them for harassing the handicapped.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawyers charge for this, and I doubt you have much extra cash laying around. But what you could do is ask an attorney what it would cost to just write a letter for you. That might be enough to shut them up since they won't know what you will do next.

Also, in some places there are attorneys who do free work for people who could not otherwise afford it. It is called pro bono. Not sure how you would locate such people. Ask at a senior center, or social services if your county/city has one.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
IMO, you do not need a lawyer.

If you are being harassed, you file a complaint with your local law enforcement.

And, disability matter not here - don't bring that into the mix - you do not need to state that. She is harassing you, period. This has zero - absolutely zero to do with disability.

[Although, she is accusing you of dishonesty / misrepresentation with SSD, so that could be seen as defamation on her part. But, it's not going to hold up as you are allowed to tend to your lawn even if with a disability.]

If you bring handicap / disability into this, then you open it up as you have to defend your status. You Do Not.

Talk with law enforcement as even you got an atty., that's all they would do, file an official complaint.

Also, see if there is anyway you can not take her bait. See this as she's going off the rails.

As for the security camera, since she is not listening to you, present her with a note from the law enforcement office stating clearly what they told you about the placement of that camera.

Suggest if she has questions, she contact them.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a website as a starting point. Maybe follow links or inquire at one of the places mentioned. This site is for potential lawyers who want to volunteer, but they can probably help you find someone.

http://www.ohiolegalaid.org/pro-bono/

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree... don't bring disability into this.

Why the security camera pointed at them?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo
They build giant smoking fires which run me out of my home.

I live in fear of these fires and every time I go somewere I do not want to turn the corner and see that terror fire burning on my way home.

I live in FEAR !!!

So I put up the cam pointing at the fire ring.

If it is burning I do not go home till it is out.

I have asbestos in my lungs from all the brake jobs I have done at work,smoke makes my small airways disease fire up and I cough till I almost puke.

I get so mad about the fires I yelled at them one time.

I do not want to get in that situation again.

So the cam is the way out!

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

I have an app on my cell phone from almost any were I can see the fire ring in real time.

MADDOG

MADDOG
Member # 18

I will be glad to go back to work in the mechanic shop. I love working on cars and trucks.

Problem is all the arthritis and trying to tighten bolts with all kinds of pipes for leverage sliped on the wrenches.

Special tools I put together to try to compensate for the problem. It takes hours to get a job done that way .

I cant make enough money for the employer to pay me.

Then there is the chemicals which flare up my interstitial cystitis,which makes me stay up all night trying to pee but it is the interstitial cystitis pain not a full bladder.

so I fall asleep driving to work and home from work and on road test while at work.

Fine I will go back to this ,drive my giant dodge diesel 4x4 to work, fall asleep at the wheel go left of center and run over a mom and kids on the way to school in a mini van.

That will make the crazy neighbor happy .

Mabye it will be her kids and grand kids In the van.

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see about the camera. They are probably worried you will use it against them. They don't realize it is for your protection.

So you don't live in a city where fires are against a city ordinance?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

It is a gated community. They think they do not have to follow state or federal laws in here.

They think it is a separate country.
http://www.lakengrenpoa.org/

I went to the board and ask them to follow the federal EPA fire laws they refused.

I think I need to get the big city lawyers in Dayton ohio again and sue everyone involved.

Horenstein Nicholeston and Blumenthal!!
http://hnb-law.com/

MADDOG

MADDOG

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You would think that others would be complaining about the fires. What a mess!

I know it would do me in.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Maddog!

It looks like you've got them on the hook now. Good for you.

May I suggest? Write a VERY simple letter- make a copy to keep. Mail it to them from your local post office, return receipt requested, to be sure they got it.

November 28, 2015

Dear Neighbor (NAME),

The smoke from your fires severely aggravates my medical condition and is detrimental to my health. If you will agree to stop building fires, I will point my security camera in another direction.

Sincerely,

Maddog
Your Address

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea tin. Would it help to simply state why the camera helps him know when he can come home? Many would not makw the connection

Maddog i am so sorry. I totally understand. When i lived in a mountain town on a steep hill the neighbor upwind of me burned his trash in a trash can and he threw in all kinds of plastics that made horrible smells that i know added to my disabilitues

Many nights i had to drive up the mountain to sleep

Did you talk to fire chief just to be sure they arent breaking law?

I think tins idea is excellent

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

Good idea tin. Would it help to simply state why the camera helps him know when he can come home? Many would not make the connection

[/QB]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people around here without health conditions complain about the same thing and have found they can do nothing about it but do what you do....

...do not come home until the air is breathable.

Ugh.

but, since you are not dealing with a reasonable person but one that causes you more stress...not good.

Hate that when that happens.

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my fire loving neighbors getting them to burn less has not been possible.I don't need a camera to see it, it gets in my house,and causes chest pain and heart rhythm problems and feeling sick. Plus it never stops so I never have top wonder if they are burning.

I've called the air quality district, and fair housing in California, and not only is there nothing they can do,they really don't seem to care about it at all.

I hope you have more luck than I have. But I would definately report them for harassment.

my neighbors did agree to refrain from burning for 30 days(though have snuck some nights in),which has been great,but hard to grateful as it's only because we'll be forced to move because of them. Rent will go up at least 500 a month, and can't seem to find a place that doesn't have new paint,floors,etc.

I also live in fear of their burning so know what it's like and am sorry you are going thru this.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey kayak- I thought about what you said too, but decided against it, but was wishy washy about that decision a bit too??

My thought is to not have someone see this note as a possible blackmail thing or retaliatory move (the camera being there), especially in writing, or have it construed in the wrong way if someone else gets involved later.

They have the right to burn (legally, which they aren't doing). Maddog has the right to have a SECURITY camera. He doesn't need to explain why.

Right now he has them irritated and scared he will use it as evidence against them, no matter his reason(s) for the camera, and they may be willing to make a simple deal.

You do A, and I'll do B.

Plus then he has a written record of asking them to stop and offering a peaceful jester in the process.

Will it work? Beats me! But, might be worth a try. What do you think?

BTW- Did you Gobble till you Waddle? Happy Thanksgiving!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, all written proof would be good. maybe insist that all future discussion about it should be on paper. this may also help with the possability of loosing your cool- which would be MY problem for sure, bucause I cannot stand this type of stuff.

explaining the camera is helpful... do they know that is why you turned it? sorry if I missed that part.

that is such a good idea to have it on your app so you can see when it's out!!!. I think you would win this fight. can you take them to small claims court?

I think someone is going to end up moving. If I werer them adn those fires were that important to me, which it seems to be for them, I would move. I mean , is a fire worth all this fuss?????

maybe they are burning more than just wood in that fire????? or maybe they smoke pot arount that pit? or maybe they do other things in their yard that they don't want you to see????

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and is it 'wrong' for a disabled person to mow their lawn???

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending on what a person's disability is according to Social Security records, it may or may not cause Social Security to investigate whether the disability benefit recipient has perhaps recovered from his disability if a neighbor reports that he is mowing his lawn with a walk-behind mower.

My brother-in-law was on some sort of disability (maybe workers compensation) and his neighbor took a picture of him bending over looking inside a car engine and that was enough to trigger an investigation of my brother-in-law. (I believe he was on workers comp for a back injury he suffered from a collision while driving for his work.)

The neighbor then let the workers comp folks observe him from their house and they stopped my brother-in-law's benefits as a result.

So, if mowing is something that MADDOG should not be able to do based on Social Security records, then it could trigger a review of his disability determination.

It is very common for neighbors or other angry people to report people on disability to Social Security.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's why you should not let people know you are on disability.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

good luck MADDOG. I hope it all works out for you.

--------------------

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no way your camera is illegal. These people think they can take a photograph of you while you are on your property but that your security camera - also on your own property - is somehow illegal? No. They both are likely legal.

But those fires... I know that would be illegal where I live. Are you in an area that allows that?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Well the problem is the P.O.A. here will not follow federal EPA laws.

I have been to the meetings and ask them to follow the laws,it is public record.

So this thing will be coming back to a law suit on the POA .Because the neighbor will say (the POA has rules saying I can have the giant fire ring).

The POA has deep pockets the lawyer will be glad to get into.

I just hate this because the manager is a good friend of mine, a childhood friend. But the board tells him what to do.

She has no law to sue me but after all the years of abuse I am the one that will do the sueing .

SINCE SHE BROUGHT UP THE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!

MADDOG

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what TF said. My lawyer warned me about how i could be spied on. He said they could be acting like they were fixing wires or doingvlandscaping

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Workers comp is 10 times worse than social security.

I could never get them to pay to fix my shoulder.

I had, 3 years ago an MRI. The bicep tendon is ripped out of the bursa,there is a tear in the rotator cuff.I cannot afford the co payment to fix it.

Now I could not have it fixed till I go a year stroke free. I got 4 weeks now.11 months left.

The other shoulder has bone fragments In the AC joint that needs cleaned out.

My disk in my back is herniated,the siatic nerve is pinched and there are 8 bone spurs on my vertebrae.

They would not admit the interstitial cystitis was caused from my job. (Would not pay).

But on the social security web sight they are listed in my med provider list???????

MADDOG

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the POA - is that like a homeowners association?

What about the local fire code/county regulations etc? The POA is not in charge of all of that.

Have you called the Ohio EPA to ask about who enforces their regulations?

http://www.epa.ohio.gov/portals/47/facts/WhatYouCanBurnintheNeighborhood.pdf

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Re who go call, here you go -

http://www.epa.ohio.gov/portals/47/facts/openburn.pdf

MADDOG
Member # 18

I have that pamphlet printed out. The Property Owners association POA thinks this place with 1200 homes is in the country and not a municipality.

Definition of a municipality

1.a city or town that has corporate status and local government.

We have 1200 homes and an elected board.
It is called Lakengren inc. I belive that means incorporated.

MADDOG

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Call the state EPA - it says on there that the EPA is responsible for enforcement.

I don't know that much about POA's, HOA's, etc, but I did handle a lawsuit against a similar entity once, and I would NOT expect them to be the ones to enforce state or federal environmental laws and regulations. That's just not their role. If you want enforcement, start by calling the state EPA number which is on the second link.

Calling however is your decision, and you may not want to take that route, especially since your neighbors will then likely retaliate with the disability stuff.

MADDOG
Member # 18

The EPA office in Dayton Ohio is open on week days like 9 to 5,not on the weekend. They said they would come out any time I call them.

No one answers the phone on the weekend when the fires happen.

MADDOG

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, those fires would be illegal. Some attorneys will do a free 30 minutes to see if you have a case they can make money from.
Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MADDOG, just wondering how things are going with your wood-burning neighbors? i'm the one who had to move due to the same problem.

I'm pretty mad about it. No one should be forced to leave their home over this type of situation. They get to go on about their lives without consequence.

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
New Year's Eve can bring out the best and worst in people, too. Hope for the best, get out of the way of the worst, eh?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

It finally got cold here now they stay in the house.

They do not want to burn it in front of my cam either.

MADDOG

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Glad things are going better now.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement