LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Aggravated, frustrated, with Labcorp Update Roudn 2!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aggravated, frustrated, with Labcorp Update Roudn 2!
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the results of the IGG and IGM from Silver's test on 12/21 came back. Graph showing "Low", "Medium" "High" and "reference range".

According to the chart she is .01 over on test so I registered her with Labcorp to get the kDa band values.

Had a song and dance routine with "customer service" via email and they will not released the values!

Oh, I can ask the doctor to request them (which I just did), but even he only got the same report we did - no values!!

I was very specific about what we wanted (which told Labcorp we kind of know what we're talking about) but they (Labcorp) don't release those values unless the doctor requests them.

Uhhhhh, Silver is the patient, why can't Labcorp release them? What are they afraid of? Could it be she has 4 positives and one indeterminate (which CDC now says you have to have 5) so that is too close to the line?

Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh

[ 02-03-2016, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: TxCoord ]

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ridiculous, isn't it!? They have removed all patient care from the patients and much of it from the DOCTORS. I remember when that all started 25 years ago.

I knew it would not "end well."

Keep fighting!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Called Doc's office and they (Labcorp) only sent him the same thing we got. So after explaining exactly what we wanted the Dr. to request from Labcorp now we wait.

I would like to know what "right" they (Labcorp) has to keep info like this from the patient? Where is the federal or state law preventing them from giving us the info that is ours?

It's "Policy" is the same refrain that is used in corrupt gov't's and agencies (IMO). Don't just tell me "It's policy" show me the federal/state law that prevents Labcorp from revealing the entirety of the test.

--------------------

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't have that right, Tx. You have every right to get exactly the information you asked for.

Call them back, you got a dumb CSR. If you get another dumb CSR, ask to speak to the manager. They can NOT withhold your test or any part of your test, ever.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Soooo, called Silver's PCP to get the results, "Oh no Mr. S, the doctor hasn't put in the request yet." (I gave it to them over 2 weeks ago)

So I emailed the folks at Labcorp because Silver did some research this morning and found this gem

http://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2014/02/03/hhs-strengthens-patients-right-to-access-lab-test-reports.html

Which says, in part, "While patients can continue to get access to their laboratory test reports from their doctors, these changes give patients a new option to obtain their test reports directly from the laboratory while maintaining strong protections for patients’ privacy."

And this,from https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/06/2014-02280/clia-program-and-hipaa-privacy-rule-patients-access-to-test-reports "In addition, this final rule amends the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule to provide individuals (or their personal representatives) with the right to access test reports directly from laboratories subject to HIPAA"

And then I asked for their full name and employee number if they were going to continue to violate federal statues.

Weelllll, get a call from "customer service" and he says, "We can't just send the info via e-mail" and I said, "I have worked in the court system and you (Labcorp) have set precedent by e-mailing her results (but not the individual measurements)."

"I see that you're absolutely right Mr. S. I will expedite those results to you."

(Conversation went back and forth and I let him know I was not ignorant or foolish, I know what I'm talking about.)

And now we wait again.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I see that you're absolutely right Mr. S. I will expedite those results to you."

AWESOME!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanceLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BRAVO!!!!

Posts: 59 | From US | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

As of today, still no results... we'll see if they expedited the info' by Monday. I'm not gonna hold my breath tho', we'll see what happens.

We have a plan, if they don't send the info', hope that we don't need to use it, but we'll see what happens.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updating :

Round #3, the Local Lab Corp personnel, say they have tried to get more info' so we could get the kDa band numbers. Supposedly their Texas lab did it, and will not give them the info'.

We have an Address,so a letter will be sent, to establish if they will forward the info' we've asked for. We'll see what happens.

So far the results we were sent now say the IGG/IGM is equivocal rather than 'normal' as they first tried to say.

It's ridiculous, honestly.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't give up Silverwolfi, this is ridiculous...when will it end!

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hmmm equivocal .. very interesting.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi there <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Steve'06', we are still fighting thru this,thanks for the kind words!

Lymetoo,we tho't it was interesting as well,that they went from saying 'normal', to now saying it is 'equivocal'.

We'll see what comes of it all.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement