LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Please PRAY for Merrygirl ... UPDATE.. 7/25/16 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please PRAY for Merrygirl ... UPDATE.. 7/25/16
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to thank Melissa for being such a great person on the board here, and having been so helpful with vet tech answers for pet questions - and for being such a good mom -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Merrygirl. Hope she is okay. Sending prayers and good thoughts her way!
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We thank you, Lord, for allowing our lives to be blessed by Melissa. She has been a champion for so many and we thank you for her. Amen.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Lymetoo.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True that, Lymetoo.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of Merrygirl tonight......

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thinking of her with love. I hope that her family will see this eventually, since she isn't likely to (maybe I'm wrong about that, but probably not).
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can make sure they see it. By the way, I originally posted this with her permission. She thanked me for asking first.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad that Melissa and her family know that we all love her and that we are praying for her and her family.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray.

did she try genetics? I guess it depends on the type of cancer but a friend of mine- her cousin said goodbye and made funeral arrangements after dr told him he had weeks to live.

his wife took him to american cancer instute (or somethign) and they cured him using his genetics! he wsa totally well after that in 6 months.

im a realist, but sometimes things can happen. I always try to have hope.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, please help Melissa through this time of great suffering and send your Spirit to strengthen her love in you. Please caress her family with your great and perfect love so they can be as strong as possible and that melissa can feel your presence in them and know she is safe and that her family will be OK. Let your will be done dear Lord, amen.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I copied this from a Facebook page for Melissa. I hope it's OK since no name is attached. It's a great tribute.

--

"I met Melissa through the efforts to #FreeJustina. She was a force of nature. She was leading/organizing protests, doing all the things to make sure that Justina was eventually freed. Justina was held unjustly for 14 months - and Melissa was a key person in getting her freed.

Then I heard more about her activism on other topics (Lyme disease, PANDA, Mitochondrial Disease, etc. , etc.), saving other kids, always being there for others....

Our world is very poor in that we don't have more "Melissa-types" in it... It seemed like we had always had enough of those miraculous ladies (and gentlemen) in the past. Not so anymore...

I do know a number of people who can "hold a candle" to Melissa, but there are very few who "shine as bright" as she does. I know, through my travels, dozens of such people, maybe hundreds of such people.

I have met all types of politicians - local pols, state reps and senators, governors, and more than a dozen presidential candidates, etc. They are very different than CITIZEN ACTIVISTS...

It's easier for politicians when that is "your life," and some (hopefully many) do it for the right reason. I consider citizen activists to be the "real troopers" - those who do it because it is right and "somebody else needs to do it" and they just don't sit around and wait for somebody else to jump in.... THEY are that "somebody else."

I considered citizen activists - people like Melissa - a not-so-regular-mom who dedicated herself to making a difference - as the key to the glue that keeps America together and that will maintain, dare I say, restore, America's greatness.

Melissa always does what is right, she motivated and mustered people, made things happen, and sometimes she was the lone "warrior princess." [this is my favorite phrase for her]

She first found out about her initial curse of breast cancer within a day of Justina being freed. She "kicked cancer's ass"... But cancer came back again... She is always focused on doing good.

About her illness, she once wrote to me: "I am pissed. You know how much good I could get done?" Yes, that *IS* Melissa.

Yes, I put her on a pedestal because, while she could have decided to be just an "ordinary mom" (which is so very important in itself), she dedicated herself to being someone who had to make a difference in people's lives.

And she did, and continues to, through all the people she has helped, fought along side and inspired. She made an indelible impression on me. Her love, goodness and strength of character will live on forever in the people she has touched."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for sharing this, lymetoo. I am so sad that we are losing her, but especially sad for her family. What an amazing person she is.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She sounds like a person who I humbly would of liked to meet and talk to face to face.

My prayers continue.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Justina's family knows about Melissa...

I am so impressed by what I've read here about her - like, if we can do something to help, do it! The SF Bay area has a lot of citizen activists - I can relate to this - good on her.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fairness has nothing to do with what we consider fairness. Who can fathom the why's; it's not ours to know.

We send love and blessings to Melissa and her family. May her remaining days be in love and peace. May her family be comforted by each other, by her presence, and by God.

I can only imagine how hard it is for them.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, Robin. They definitely know. They are very close to her.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had had the privilege to know her personally.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Me too - I always liked her here. I am very sad about what's happening here -
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers continue for merrygirl and her family.

She has been a blessing to many people.

[bow] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping for a miracle. any word??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to merrygirl and her family. I'm praying!!!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

She is still with us. Her oldest daughter had a birthday on Friday and they had a party in merrygirl's room.

Keep praying!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad she could be with her daughter on her birthday. Prayers continue.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

It is with great sadness that I tell you that Melissa passed away last night.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh no......speechless....

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

This is truly heartbreaking. Prayers for family continue.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, please keep the prayers going. Her family needs them.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

how old was she?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

36, I think.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver and I are so sorry for her family's loss. May the Spirit of Peace come and comfort them/us at this time.

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what to say, but sending out healing thoughts to her family and all others.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know. I'm speechless too. It's so heartbreaking.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

That's too young! And her family too - let them know we all care here!
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heaven has gained a beautiful angel and Earth has lost a wonderful human being.

Holding her family up in prayer. May Almighty God comfort them and give them strength and healing at this most difficult time.

Your Lymenet family shares your sorrow.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21:4

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by hopingandpraying:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21:4

-

Amen!

I will give George some time and then I will share this thread with him.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl touched all of us here at Lymenet. Now she is touching the heavens.

May God bless her family during this time.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

http://www.mackinnonfuneral.com/notices/Melissa-Kerins

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so young and beautiful, inside and out. Prayers for her family and I hope she feels wonderful in whatever adventure her spirit is on now.

[ 07-26-2016, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: dogmom2 ]

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so sad. She always remembered the right dose of doxy to give the dog when he had a tick attached. I hated to ask her knowing she was busy with little ones but she always replied so fast. And Justina...i didnt know what to do...how to fix it...but merrygirl figured it out. Such a special soul. Prayers
To her family.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God.....no.....

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Notti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear that she passed away.

Wishing her family and friends lots of strength.

Posts: 109 | From The Netherlands | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She will be missed. May her family and friends be comforted by each other and God's love.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sad she didn't make it. My deepest condolences to her family.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for her family.

Melissa was a true example of how we should help others.

May God Bless and keep her family close and provide all the strength, comfort and peace they need to get through everyday.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

We should honor her in some way - perhaps for the activism she did and wanted to continue to do - the Melissa award for Lyme activism...
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Excellent idea, Robin!
randibear
Member # 11290

I shall miss her very much. we mailed back and forth. she was very special.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh God. Someone just posted photos from the funeral. It gave me "too much" closure. Still crying.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo and all who knew Merrygirl, I'm so sorry for your pain and loss. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you. It hurts to think how much the family is hurting.

-

Quote:

May the peace that passes all human understanding christen and leaven our individual and collective thoughts to see our dear Melissa gently guided and reassured in her journey with our loving Master and Shepherd:

"The Rose Still Grows Beyond the Wall"

by Almira L. Frink

Near shady wall a rose once grew
Budded and blossomed in God's free light,
Watered and fed by morning dew
Shedding its sweetness day and night.

As it grew and blossomed fair and tall
Slowly rising to loftier height,
It came to a crevice in the wall
Through which there shone a beam of light.

Onward it crept with added strength
With never a thought of fear of pride,
It followed the light through the crevices length
And unfolded itself on the other side.

The light, the dew, the broadening view
Were found the same as they were before,
And it lost itself in beauties new
Breathing its fragrance more and more.

Shall claim of death cause us to grieve
And make our courage faint or fail,
Nay, let us faith and hope receive,
The rose still grows beyond the wall

Scattering fragrance far and wide,
Just as it did in the days of yore
Just as it did on the other side
Just as it will forever more.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful.

Yes, now we have to think of the family. They will be sick with grief and will need care. Especially for the first year which is the hardest.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement