LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Buhner and Bloodwork

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buhner and Bloodwork
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got some slightly bright news today when I got the results of a recent cbc.

No more anemia.
WBCs are UP and normal at 4.5
Neutrophils are normal
Lymphocytes and Neutrophil ratio is normal
Platelets are normal ( they were high)
Ferritin is dragging up from alltime low of 4 to 9 ( lowest normal is 11)

I really think this is because I'm doing the Buhner Bart protocol. Sida is supposed to protect the red blood cell and Salvia protects the spleen. Before I started this last month my WBC was 3.7, hemoglobin 10.9 ( was 12.8 today) neutrophils were 1.4, Lymphocytes at 55 percent.

So..good news. Buhner knows what he's talking about.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Notti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's good news Jordana. Keep going.
Posts: 109 | From The Netherlands | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A similar story about Buhner successfully treating lyme/co's & anemia. Also shows the importance of diet(Wahl's protocol)

http://realfoodrebel.com/success-with-buhners-protocol-for-lyme/

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to that site a time or two.

Happy ending for Brenda. She's one of the only people I've run across who've said they got to 95 percent with Buhner alone.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty cool.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

I'm really getting more involved with herbals just because I'm not really getting much support from the socalled LLMD; and I have essentially no life except sleeping, feeling like crap and thinking about treating Lyme.

One thing about Buhner is that he gives you something to do about your problems RiGHT AWAY. And since there's Amazon you don't have to go to Peru to get what you need to get going. Plus the herbs are essentially nontoxic so you don't have to worry about blowing yourself up.

It feels positive. At least I'm doing something about this.

The one thing I have trouble with though is timing. I have to take everything one hour before or four hours after the binder. So basically that takes up all your attention, especially if you're kind of out of it anyway. Add that to registering symptoms every fifteen minutes and trying to sleep.

Lyme is my new career.

droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to your new job.

quote:
Originally posted by Jordana:
Happy ending for Brenda. She's one of the only people I've run across who've said they got to 95 percent with Buhner alone.

There has to be a discrepancy when he claims 90% success rate & you can't find many people who it's worked for.

When I read Brenda's story, she had symptom relief at the 5 month mark. But it was also the same time she changed over to the Wahls diet. Which is basically the hunter gatherer diet, non processed, lower carb, low gci foods. There's more to it than that but it's pretty basic.

Only Brenda knows her body, but I think that diet was a major factor in her improvement. Maybe it was both & it was synergistically working with Buhner.

I like Buhner, he relentlessly answers questions & is a smart herbalist. I also still use a few of his herbs that have helped. Especially andrographis, which I believe he stopped endorsing.

He does endorse detox & juicing. But he also endorses fruit juicing which is really sugary. So many people who've gotten better have low carb or slowcarb diets. The Burrascano protocol on this site even says the patient will not recover eating large amounts of carbs. Especially simple ones.

I just think his protocol fails in this one area. Then again, I'm not a Dr(neither is he)

--------------------

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droid, have you already experimented with the Wahls protocol?
Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Well, there is a big difference between starch and sugar ;and there is also the idea of diet as therapy.

There are several ideas kind of swirling around at once when it comes to diet and that's because it depends on a person's physiology and what they need help with.

Paul Jaminet of the Perfect Health Diet says that viral stealth infections respond to high sugar diets and bacterial ones respond to low sugar diets.

If you need to heal your brain then the ketogenic diet will give certain brain pathways a rest, but in the long run it can make your body work harder because it has to take the protein you eat and turn it into sugar for vital functions. Ultimately it can slow overall metabolism.

This is all therapeutic in nature because really you should be able to eat anything if you're healthy. Paleo/Wahls, with its suggestions for a high nutrient organic diet accomplish avoiding all kinds of food additives that are either allergenic or just plain poisonous.

Sugar intake might not always be the whole point.

I haven't seen Buhner suggest any sort of success rate. What he has said is that 75 percent of the people he has worked with regained full health.

droid1226
Member # 34930

Agree. Maybe it's not the GCI of Wahl's protocol, it could be that they are clean foods or sulfur-rich like she explains. I'm wondering why the big difference between success on his site & the not-so-much success we've seen here. I'm not saying it Buhner doesn't help, it's helped me.

I'd like to know cause I'd be interested in getting back on it for maintenance but would like to identify the factor why it doesn't seem to cure(or almost cure) 9/10 people.

I just said 90% success on Buhner cause his site says:

75% complete cure
15% resolve most, if not all symptoms
5% some symptom relief
5% no response

http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/faqs/

There's no reason to not believe him because it's not like he's selling a system or tinctures.

I know correlation isn't causation but a variable did change at 5 months. And even she's not in that 75% cure range because she's not completely better...Although I'd gladly take where she's at.

I don't think diet is a cure for this illness, but I know it can be a reason for treatment failure.

Spinning, not completely. I've done very similar but not by the book like she lists.

But even reading her case study, there was more to her MS reversal than diet. Minocycline & neuro electronic stimulation were also added:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769364/

--------------------

Jordana
Member # 45305

Here's something interesting to read about that:

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/category/disease/infections/

spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jordana [Smile] I've been recommending The Perfect Health Diet for years to people.

Paul Jaminet has some really good info. I've followed his recommendations for a long time, I think PHD is great for most people, and it is most definitely a step up from SAD.

I was still having trouble tolerating fruits/vegetables/starches he recommends so I started looking elsewhere.

I hope you continue to make gains on Buhner's protocols, Jordana [Smile]

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Thanks spinning -- I agree - I think it's sensible and a really nice compromise. In his book he makes a case for doing a ketogenic diet that *includes* starches by adding medium chain triglycerides. Very interesting [Smile] .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement