LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Like pesticides in your food/supplements? Preserve protection for GMO labeling!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Like pesticides in your food/supplements? Preserve protection for GMO labeling!
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The senate is already trying to undo what Vermont did (Vermont passed the first GMO labeling law in the nation).

Our senate has ultimately sided with monsanto and big AG and is now trying to deny not only Vermont but everyone's right to preserve GMO labeling.

Sign below to stop this! This is an important one folks. How do genetically modified supplements sound?

For the record, genetically modified means it has round up (weed killer) in it.

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3144

[ 07-26-2016, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Devils! I am calling them every week.

You are right. This is so important.

Everybody call! Our immune systems depend on it.

Ascorbic acid commonly comes from GMO corn syrup.

"Another wake up call about ascorbic acid – it is synthesized from corn syrup. If you take a supplement with ascorbic acid, you guessed it, you are likely consuming a supplement with GMO origins (unless the corn was certified organic) without even knowing it!"

Round Up ready ascorbic acid ruining gut bacteria.
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/is-your-vitamin-c-the-real-deal-or-a-gmo-wannabe/

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done

--------------------
Persistence, persistence, persistence!!!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
attributed to Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done!
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lookup and Harmony!

Wow, I didn't even think of ascorbic acid being GMO! I need to look for a brand that isn't.

Everyone, weed killer is linked to cancer. It makes bugs stomachs explode, so think about leaky gut. If it does that damage to bugs, imagine what is it doing to the linings of people, and animals stomachs.

It's not widely known because they want to sell their crap which also affects everyone's food, and animals food, which people eat, so it affects everyone. Everything you eat and ingest. So why not label it?

If you don't want it in your food or supplements, SIGN at the link to preserve your right to choose!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Catgirl- did you read that also xylitol can be from GMO corn?!

Most Xylitol Comes from GMO Corn

"While it is true that xylitol can be derived from the xylan of birch trees, xylan is also found in corn cobs.

It is much cheaper to use corn instead of birch bark to derive xylitol and so what do you think manufacturers prefer? Corn of course.

Therefore, unless the label of a xylitol containing product specifically notes that it is from birch, beets or some other non GMO source, run of the mill corn derived xylitol is very likely from genetically modified corn.

This is the same problem as high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) widely used in sodas and sports drinks.

You get a dose of GMOs with every sip!"

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/xylitol-not-as-sweet-as-its-cracked-up-to-be/

Swansons sells a non-gmo xylitol:
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-pure-non-gmo-xylitol-granules-3-lbs-1362-grams-granules

Labeling is so important. I know I am preaching to the choir!

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Oh no(xylitol)! Thanks for the warning Lookup!

This GMO invasion freaks me out. They are selling GMO plants now, trees, flowers etc and consumers don't even know about it. They're killing bees, butterflies, you name it.

I really hope people stand up and fight. How hard can it be to send a message?

--------------------

MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOW brand has non-GMO xylitol.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Michael!

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I am so disgusted with whole foods.

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2016/jun/28

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Here is another one to sign!

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/sign/dont_let_Monsanto_and_organic_elite_kill_GMO_labeling/?ak_proof=1&t=6&akid=.714933.iaS80l

--------------------

Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow - it is sad

because the only restaurants I can go to are in Europe now

it was so much fun to go out at home - but with all the GMO's I don't risk it anymore

my home cooking is GMO-free to the best of my knowledge and ability

I started growing my own food, too

organic, heirloom seeds only

I wonder if I got so sick with Lyme and Co-infections only after I started eating GMOs

I started my downhill spiral in 1997 - I had been exposed to tick bites all my life - but in 1995 they brought GMOs to the market and made me eat them without being aware here in the US

I am a late comer to non-GMO eating - I simply trusted our government and the food industry to provide us with healthy, clean foods

then I watched Food Inc. and GMO OMG!

I have been GMO-free for six months now - and [woohoo] I am feeling much better, even with the remaining infections! coincidence? I don't know

my European friends don't buy or eat that stuff and luckily they have choices and still can trust their restaurants, etc.

--------------------

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Mom's Organic Market is a great alternative to Whole Foods

I used to shop at Whole Foods, but not anymore

my LLMD is boycotting Whole Foods

I am so fortunate to have a Mom's around here

--------------------

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Harmony that is fantastic you are feeling better and thank you Michael for that info!

Harmony said: "I wonder if I got so sick with Lyme and Co-infections only after I started eating GMOs"

Mm hmm, I have my suspicions too. The state of people's health did not used to be like it is now. The younger generation does not know how it used to be. My birth family is healthy even though we grew up in radioactive places! What is getting my dad, though, is sugar. If he did not eat sugar I swear he would live to be 100.

We should fight GMO with all of our mights.

The propaganda tells us that GMO is needed to produce enough food for the people. Bull slip.

Ever drive across America? There is so much land! Also, what if people ripped out a good portion of their lawns and planted their own gardens? The irrigation is already in place for watering.

Natural Grocers also does the best it can to sell clean products. I'll go over and see what kind of xylitol products they sell.

"What We Don't Sell and Why"

https://www.naturalgrocers.com/products/about-our-products/what-we-dont-sell/

http://www.xlear.com/what-is-xylitol/
From xlear site:

"What is xylitol sourced from?

Xylitol is generally sourced from corncobs or birch trees. Many people prefer xylitol from corn because it is more sustainable in terms of the space it takes to grow and the time until harvest.

This makes it more cost-effective to produce and environmentally friendly. There is no need to source from birch trees as the corn is already grown for food, and what was once thought of as waste, the cob, can now be useful."

Are the people who are using Xlear nasal spray, spraying, a Round Up impregnated corn product, in their sinuses that are
located very close to the brain? Is this promoting leaky membrane syndrome in the head? I looked and looked to see if Xlear was non GMO but I don't see that being printed anywhere. I have looked at their labeling and it does not say non-gmo. That was a year ago, that I looked.

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Non GMO Vitamin C

C-1000, Corn-Free Non-GMO
http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1475/

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Harmony and Lookup!

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by Harmony:

I have been GMO-free for six months now - and [woohoo] I am feeling much better, even with the remaining infections! coincidence? I don't know

my European friends don't buy or eat that stuff and luckily they have choices and still can trust their restaurants, etc.

Awesome! I really hope people wake up to this. I suspect GMOs destroy the lining in people's guts, just like they do for bugs. Then food particles get through and give people allergies, then autoimmune issues.

I hope people get this out and sign this in time. Also, don't vote for the idiots who have sided with GMO companies like monsanto.

[ 07-17-2016, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by lookup:

We should fight GMO with all of our mights.

Well said Lookup!

Come on gang, spend all of 2 minutes to fight by signing link. No one else will do this for us.

--------------------

MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also from the xlear website, they are saying it is non-GMO, under the "What is xylitol" FAQ.

http://www.xlear.com/resources/faqs/

Xylitol is a natural sweetener derived from natural sources. It is also produced in the human body as a by-product of a normal metabolism. Our xylitol is of the highest quality possible. It is a pharmaceutical grade, meaning it must be more than 99.95% pure, and is made from non-GMO (non-genetically modified organism) corn fibers. It does not contain any of the corn grain and it is tested to ensure that no corn allergens, mycotoxins, or corn proteins of any type are in the product.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Michael!

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Bump.

--------------------

lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

My bad. I actually went to the health food store to look at the label for Xlear. It is non-GMO. It was lightly printed in gray in little tiny letters.

Thanks Micheal! I feel much better for the people who have been snuffing this up into their sinuses!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement