LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Txcoord knee surgery ...Update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Txcoord knee surgery ...Update
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TxCoord has had his surgery now,

Hello <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Finally the surgery is done,and TxC' is resting as best he can it was a long a day for us.

The reason his knee was bruising swelling,and popping, is because the plastic button,that replaces the natural bone 'button', under the kneecap fractured across it's width,and went wandering.

The shard fragment,that has been sticking him from the inside out ,in the knee,came from it. he has a lesion on the bone that goes up the leg toward the thigh,

[the lesion is right where the metal prosthetics attach to the bone]. Likely an after effect from scarring. They will watch it closely, but saw nothing that looked malignant. So that is good news.

I am home,and will call him this evening if he is up to it. I was told if he doesn't answer to double check with the nurses station. I want him to rest awhile before I call,or go back up. he was pretty tired.

Now we are praying for a speedy recovery and no further problems. Glad it is done,and I'll be relieved when he's feeling better.

Thanks for those keeping us in tho'ts and prayers! We apprecaite y'all so very much. [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] .

Will try to update after I check in with him this p.m.

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God! That all sounds like good news to me.

Ice is the key to keeping the pain down in the knee, as you probably already know. So, when he comes home, keep him on ice!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So no knee replacement? Just fixed it?

That is wonderful news!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< TF,and Lymetoo >>>>>,

We are relieved that the surgery is finally done,his Surgeon was pleased with the results

They did have to replace the plastic button under the knee cap, they resmooth the knee cap bone, turn it and then attach a new plastic button.

Thank the Lord, they didn't have to remove the metal parts that are bolted in.

For reasons unknown, the 'button' piece under the knee cap fractured across the width. surgeon was relieved that the knee cap itself did not fracture. We don't remember any fall, nothing that would do that.

When possible,they save the knee cap, that you're born with, but TxCoords are a bit on the thin side now. There is no cartilage under the knee caps anymore. So we feel blessed that, that didn't fracture.

There is a lesion, on the bone where the upper prosthetic piece fits to the bone[the bone that goes up leg to thigh]. It seems to be scar tissue,so they will check now and again, to make sure it does not change, but surgeon said all things considered it looks good!!

He's being told to rest up,the therapist is coming tomorrow, to see how it is mending, and get some gentle rehab starting. he did lose some blood, we knew he might,as a med' he has to have,on a daily basis can thin blood.

He said they are substituting,something else for a couple days, to help with pain,and inflammation. And then when the blood and hydration is all as it should be,he goes back on the other. He is alert enough between pain med' doses to describe things to me,on the phone.

I told him ,to rest, and listen to Drs.,and therapist, I miss him already. But so glad this is over with.

Gotta catch up on dishes, then i will try to rest some. Thanks again for the prayers for us.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6148 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright! I was driving home tonight and worried about you all. Was hoping all went ok. So glad to have an update here! Thanks for taking time to lettuce no!

Will chat more later. Too exhausted right now. In the meantime- prayers it will be, for his recovery!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you both! Hugs!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad that y'all are on the path to getting this behind you. Silver, I hope some weight has been lifted off your shoulders, and I hope you and TxCoord are resting soundly right now. Will be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Thanks <<<<< All'a'Y'all >>>>>, For prayers and hugs, and tho'ts.

I am waiting just now, to hear a report on TxC's therapy, they started it this morning, and how he responds will determine when he can come home. They will be watching closely to see how he does.

I am praying it goes well,and he doesn't have too much pain,or any problems with the knee acting up. And also that the other knee doesn't get too stressed.That can be an issue at times.

Hopefully, I'll hear something soon from him,and from my ride, to see if they are able to take me to visit him today.

Jus' Silverwolfi here,updating

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

TxCoord asked me to let y'all know, that he just had a great therapy session, and if all continues well, he'll be able to come home soon.

I'm not holding my breath, as my skin doesn't look right with an overly blue tone. But I am hopeful, we'll see how he is in another few hours.

Don't know if I have a ride up there for later, but that's okay. Just have to see how it all goes.

Jus' Silverwolfi updating for TxC'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hellooooo [Smile] <<<<< LymeNet Family >>>>>,

Doc' was in to see TxCoord this A.m., after the Medicines Doctor[Pharmicist?] comes to see him, and if the Nurse doesn't find anything a- miss,in the next few minutes, he'll be heading home.

It may be a bit before the meds' guy gets there... so a ride back might get interesting. So we are waiting...waiting... waiting...

He has a ride lined up, but they just found out they have a deadline, as they are going out of state to visit family today,and didn't realize on the timing. So we'll see what happens, if his release is signed in time TxC' will go with the original Ride.

Then we can just try to rest and heal, for a week and a half, 'til our next sets of appointments.

Some progress seems to be being made as far as my dads burial, so that is hopeful too.

BBL with more info'

Jus' Silverwolfi waiting... waiting...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoooo!! So happy for you two!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I wish they'd get him discharged, I talked to him a bit after 1:00 and he was waiting on the paperwork, and then to get his meds to take home.

Still no sign...no callback, and his ride needed to be there and back here before 3:00 p.m. its 3:24 right now... More of the VA waiting games... aargh.

I can't open the gate 'til he calls,and another friend and I may be going up to get him,instead of the other ride. Nothing like a little confusion... but then it is the VA.

At least his Surgeon,and the nursing staff,PT folks and so on did an excellent job. course there is always more stories. Stuff just happens to TxCoord.

I'll try to find him by phone if I don't hear something in the next few minutes. I can't gt him on his cell,as they have a block on ,for reason of sensitive materials.

Some of the really new cell phones one can call in or out,but not most of them. Ours don't get reception out there.

At least the surgery is over,and he is cleared to go,when they get all the paperwork together...

Waitin' Silverwolfi here...jus' a waitin'...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Finally ... Txcoord is on his way home!!!!!

Should be another 10 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. We technically live about 20 minutes from VA hospital.

[Smile] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin] I'll sure be relieved to see him safe and sound...

Gotta go for now... BBL

Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[hi] [spinning smile] [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

This just in from TxCoord:

He says: " I am home, I'm ensconced in my easy chair, and I have coffee,and cold water. I'm happy. I can't get out for awhile, but I'm home, with my wife and our little dog... so it's all good! And folks ,everyone, thanks for the prayers,and support!!! ".

Jus' Silverwolfi updating for my TxCoord Bear

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK! We are all so happy!

Tell him to remember to ice that knee. And, may he have a good night's sleep.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Silverwolf:

This just in from TxCoord:

He says: " I am home, I'm ensconced in my easy chair, and I have coffee,and cold water. I'm happy. I can't get out for awhile, but I'm home, with my wife and our little dog... so it's all good! And folks ,everyone, thanks for the prayers,and support!!! ".

Jus' Silverwolfi updating for my TxCoord Bear

-That's wonderful... so for now, he's a HAPPY MAN!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAH! Great to hear he is home finally! Sounds like he is being treated royally too! All comfy cozy!

Just don't spoil him, ok?

Hugs to you both!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all! Pain level down to normal (2-3 out of 10) and mobility coming back quickly.

Only need the walker for balance (gravity well from large pieces of furniture sucking me in) and slept really good last night in my own bed!!!!

Pupdog was glad to have "pack leader" home! Brought out his stuffed toys to show and play.

Silver keeping the water cold and the coffee hot!

Now just waiting on PT to show. Oh yay, PT.

But . . . life is good! (Now where's my oxy?!?!?!!?)

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great to hear! You're making me miss my doggie! I remember when he would bring out his toys!

Hope you are walking on your own very soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping you have a super speedy recovery!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6148 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you muchly! Doing pretty good.

--------------------

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

WOOHOO!!

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Party time? Just whistle Dixie and I'm game.

[lol]

Glad to hear you are somewhat better. I'm sure all pain isn't gone (brave guy), so for those cringes and ouches that still pinch you, hope they end soon!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Par - tay!!!! G/F chips and dip, hot wangs (yes I said "wangs") and a little "dis-n-dat" on the side!

I'll order everything on the menu from "Thank you" to "Call Again!" and if someone says, "You'll get indigestion!" I'll say, "Never tried it, but if you plate it, I'll eat it!"

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement