LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » bummer day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bummer day
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad may have cancer(elevated psa )(they wanna do biopsy) , my advance insurance subsidie maybe cancelled as i have not worked (saying im eligible for medicare)drs and accupunture and chiro wont take medicaid)

or can pay full price ) and my rife acupuncturists wont treat me even tho i have shown him video evidence of persistant spirocheal infection and continued symptoms(4 weeks now) he only rifed for borriella 2x in 9 month

( i got on iv abx 3 months ago) just had to vent ...i know it pales compared to some ...prayers for everyone ipk, silver tx ,rumi and me (not me but me )

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry lil blue.

You know...sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to stop thinking about it so hard...

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear all of this.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] very sorry, blue. Will pray for you and your dad.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear of this situation.

Please keep in mind the PSA measures inflammation. I've just seen excellent results from two people who have started doxycycline due to symptoms and high PSA.

Both have had their symptoms go away. One still has a high PSA, not sure why except he has been chronic for Lyme for decades now, but another test will be run soon.

As for you...

Where a door closes a window will open.

But, geez Blue, you got more than your share of negative news.

May I ask... did you forget to open the window before going thru it head first?

[group hug]

Here is some info on cancer and inflammation and doxy. There are 2 "subpages" at the very bottom of this page. Please be sure to take a look at them too. Maybe it would be something your dad could read. My best to him.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/lyme/cancer-doxycycline-studies

As for you...

Hmmmmm, let me think a bit.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, now I am smart again. HA!

I can't pretend to know what an "advance insurance subsidie" is, however, I looked it up- didn't find it in those words (?), but it appears it may be a federal program?

First, prayers for you to not have problems with it because you aren't working right now. (Hey, it worked for me. Not me, the other me.)

Second, pack up the babies and grab the old ladies let everyone go...

Directly to your state Senator. I'd look it up for you, but need something more specific than "southwest". So, here is a link to find your Senators with their contact information.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

IMMEDIATELY get a hold of them (government can take a while, so start ASAP).

Call their local offices because they typically handle this kind of thing. Be nice. Tell them you need help with a federal program dealing with medical issues.

Don't bother going into the "Lyme situation". Just provide the regular medical stuff.

Might want to locate a local (new if possible) doctor that accepts Medicaid and get an appointment. They can be difficult to find and may have a waiting list.

The first seven or so that you try may not be to your liking either, so you may need additional time to locate one.

Here is a link to help you get started on that.

http://tiny.cc/i6raey

Got feed the brain... back soon.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Ok, smart pills taken. I'm back!

As for rife acupuncturist.... well. My dad taught me this song in the late 1800's when I was really young. It just popped in my mind for some reason. Maybe it will help you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w45-QNxagc

Of course, you are in the southwest. Not too sure how many oceans are there, but hey... it is the thought that counts.

I THINK my point was to let the acupuncturist go sailing- set them free. They aren't doing what you want now, so POOF on them!

Maybe you can find a good used rife machine at some point?

And I'd be glad to do acupuncture on you if you'd like. I've never done it before, or even seen it done, but hey....

Let's live a little! You ain't no sissy, are you?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Porcupine me up tinny ...(ill do some bee stings on you ?)(and me if she wants )
you snapped me out of it ..my dad is full of vinegar, kindly refused the ciprofloxin and is pondering the biopsy.

He is thinking herbs and maybe a rife .so no worrys . Rite now everthing is out of pocket ..there are 3 llmds left here in the wild west where our ol guvner is the 3rd option for prez and im seeing 2 of em (so i am blessed as can be )

The accupunture can be easily replaced ...so you fixed most of it tinny...

i think all the good luck i had is just being put into perspective but like a cat full of bartonella and toxoplasmosis i always land on my 9 feet lives ...ha

--------------------
Blue

Tincup
Member # 5829

Better today? My hope is so.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope today, tomorrow and all the rest of the days to come are better, Blue. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there blue!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Things looking up at all, Blue?

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
There may be other subsidies out there if you ask around to key agencies.

If your current health plan is under the ACA, this is true for all states (or all states that have naturopathic physicians). You might want to look into it for some basic care issues that might cover some bases. The appointment may not be able to cover all you need, though it may help in some ways.

http://www.oanp.org/

Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians

Excerpt:

OANP Urges Naturopathic Doctors & Patients to File Complaints to Insurance Division Urging Insurers to Comply with the ACA

Section 2706 - the provider non-discrimination provision of the Public Health Service Act as amended by the Affordable Care Act - went into effect on January 1, 2014.

Insurance plans issued on or after this date are now prohibited from discriminating against naturopathic physicians (or any other provider for that matter)

when the ND is treating the same conditions or performing the same services that the insurer would otherwise cover.

After almost a year of OANP working with Oregon’s Insurance Division in advance of this law going into effect, it appears that the majority of insurers and insurance plans are in some way still violating this law.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You might also see if there is some way to obtain a rife machine for yourself so you don't have to rely so much on paying for treatments ongoing.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
For your Dad, whatever the tests say, there are many options for a good recovery / symptom management. Really. If he lives in a state where there are naturopathic doctors, he might want to include an ND in his consult line up, especially for support measures.

Mercola's website has had some articles on this topic, too. A good place to look.
-

me
Member # 45475

Big hugs, Blue.

--------------------

Pebbles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pebbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope today is a better day for you!!
Posts: 116 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Blue, where are you Blue?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Ole blue was eyeballing pasture ...still fighting was gunna build a uvlr machine and got a rife running like gb4000 ...

ordered some more abx and booked with fancy lyme doc in fancy town next town over next month ..trying to get gall to start rifampin . Dad said he will fight as i do ..

trying to get him to see some a.r.t practioners . Herxed him pretty good going for propionbacterum acnes

--------------------
Blue

bluelyme
Member # 47170

So urologist called back ,they said it looks like 75% chance that my dad has prostate cancer ..they bumped up his biopsy and want him on 3 days of cipro for it ...

i have heard it is better to not release it ? I am trying to book with some art testers we have 1 in town ..and asking if he is willing to fight ..he seemed ok with it then wasnt ..he is full of piss and vinigar or at least one ...

can he do another abx ? Is biopsy worth it ? Should we go oncology? They said hust upping his t levels ?...such bs our industry is ...

--------------------
Blue

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement