LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I really need to move, dying here.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I really need to move, dying here.....
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need to move. I relocated to a house in the mountains and it really helped my MCS breathing issues (originaly brought on by poisoning and floxing).

Unfortunately, I've been infected with Lyme disease SEVERAL times and floxed here which has caused tons of other issues. Too many ghosts and bad memories. I'm extremely sad.

I need to get out of here. I'm in an infection zone.

I really want to relocate back to the (Bay Area) peninsula or SF. I'm open to other areas. I'm too social to be isolated in the mountains (I like museums and music).

My requirements are fragrance free, safe, quiet and good air. Less stairs too (there are 50 to my front door which is EXTREMELY painful to navigate, my current place was NOT built for someone with disabilities).

Not a Lyme hotspot either!

I do have a very sweet, friendly, elderly lap cat who is happy to give anyone affection. She's indoors only and flea free.

I don't have wifi or electrical issues at all.
Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa fe is pretty....if i had the $..there are some others nearby ..pm if interested in treatments, towns nearby ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much. You're the second person who told me to check out New Mexico.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - am pming you -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
new mexico can have water problems. albuqu e rque has inverson problems with smoke and pollution. love santa fe but expensive.

north texas is good, relatively cheap but it get HOT...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie your mailbox is full...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

There's room now.

Does anyone know about Austin?

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beautiful. congested. traffic a nightmare unless you live out. prices good. occasionally have water problems due to overbuilding. nice climate but again can be hot. lots to do, nice restaurants. good schools.

waco is better. nice hometown feel. home prices affordable. baylor is there. weather is good bout like dfw. not so crowded.

we like waco. not as crowded as dfw.

okc is nice but, man, tornado alley. ugh.no way

amarillo ahhh flat, cold bad winters. nah

houston, lor, forget it.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Austin is much more expensive than you think. Housing keeps going up and up.

San Antonio area is nice .. or the area NW of Austin. Nice town San Marcos.,.. college town too.

LOVE New Braunfels, but it is getting pricey too.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Thanks, I'm so sad here. I'm just crying on the time.

My companion cat passed away last week. He was the only thing that brought me joy. It was sudden.

The cat that's left is my ex-husband's cat. She's sweet, but we're not bonded. He abandoned us here in this remote area.

I'm so struggling being alone and being disabled.

I just crave people now.

Thanks for the leads. I just need a place to leap to so I can sell this place.

I'm in an area in California that keeps going up.

Bought in the dip so my place will sell well, but just need a place to go to so I'm not homeless when that happens and it's the transition that's tricky.

Judie
Member # 38323

Thanks for all the Texas and Santa Fe leads!

It looks like I'm going need to do some traveling soon to check out places.

randibear
Member # 11290

oh I love casper wyoming. I'd move in a heartbeat but its bitterly cold in the winter.

also sprinfield missouri. really pretty town.

oh oh lexington kentucky.....gorgeous.

--------------------

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really impressed with Jackson Hole Wyoming on a visit this summer. You'd still be near mountains but you'd have a very nice town too. It had a great alternative medicine/outdoorsy vibe. Pricey though.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dreamiest Texas town would be Fredericksburg... but very expensive housing. Only 20 miles away is Kerrville. Lots of retired people there and very pretty. Much cheaper to live there and then go to Fredericksburg for fun.

They do have ice in the winters sometimes and maybe a bit of snow here and there. Dry air .. Hill Country.

Then there's Wimberley .. just do do not be anywhere near the river!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by WPinVA:
I was really impressed with Jackson Hole Wyoming on a visit this summer. You'd still be near mountains but you'd have a very nice town too. It had a great alternative medicine/outdoorsy vibe. Pricey though.

-
Colder than $#@$ in the winter!! But yes, very beautiful!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

what are your finances for a move? going cross country can be very expensive.

--------------------

Judie
Member # 38323

I'm downsizing everything. It's just me, a cat, music collection, clothes, some books. Maybe some furniture if I decide to take it.

I'm in a desirable area and my house will sell. No issues there. I just need a place to go.

Crime is nuts in my area (crystal meth labs, illegal guns being traded by neighbors, every house around me has been robbed), but people want to live here because of the trees and there's hiking.

They like it because it's "pretty" and seems peaceful. They have no idea how creepy it is here.

I need to get out!!!!

Judie
Member # 38323

quote:
Originally posted by WPinVA:

The people are sooooo nice there. Very pretty in the summer, but I can't handle the winter. I need to be closer to a big city for medical treatments and culture.

Plus, LOTS of Lyme disease. I'm a magnet for ticks.

Judie
Member # 38323

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
oh I love casper wyoming. I'd move in a heartbeat but its bitterly cold in the winter.

also sprinfield missouri. really pretty town.

oh oh lexington kentucky.....gorgeous.

I don't know anything about those places. Thank you. I'll research.
Judie
Member # 38323

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
The dreamiest Texas town would be Fredericksburg... but very expensive housing. Only 20 miles away is Kerrville. Lots of retired people there and very pretty. Much cheaper to live there and then go to Fredericksburg for fun.

They do have ice in the winters sometimes and maybe a bit of snow here and there. Dry air .. Hill Country.

Then there's Wimberley .. just do do not be anywhere near the river!

So many cute towns in Texas!

I'm middle aged and hope to have some sort of life with what I have left.

I have no family or career (thanks Lyme!) [Frown]

I'd like to be at a place with opportunities if possible.

Judie
Member # 38323

I've gotten other suggestions. Does anyone know about these places?

Boulder, Colorado
Olympia, Washington
Asheville, NC
Virginia Beach
Wilmington
Charleston
Savannah

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 20 miles north of Austin is Georgetown. Small town enough but close to big cities. However, Lyme is now endemic to Texas and that is near the hill country. But I'd venture to say Lyme is endemic in most places now, there just aren't studies in all states. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, Georgetown is beautiful, quaint. Has a very well-respected college and some retired people. You are near Austin, new braunfels, the hill country, etc.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie, I just re-read the posts and saw your cat passed. I'm very sorry. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Thank you so much. My cat passing has just pushed be over the edge. He was seriously the ONLY thing in my life that gave me joy.

I'm crying all the time and it's so hard to be here.

I really need to start over somewhere with a future. It's death here in so many ways. I've tried to make a go of it on my own for 1 year and 8 months. I just can't be happy here. Way too dangerous and sad.

randibear
Member # 11290

oh ashville, gorgeous...

umm not charlotte. well at least now. nice but getting crowded.

texas, yep. fort worth. im north of that. housing good but starting to go up. great tax situation. everthing I have within 20 minutes, shopping, baylor hospital, doctors, dfw airport, great restaurants.
weathercan be hot in summer. gas prices very good. 94 today. and dry. love texas. another planet.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Olympia, Washington

It rains a lot from Halloween to July Fourth - but often it's a lower level presence, on and off.

It's not so much the rain that bothers some, it's the grey skies. I love that, myself, easier on the eyes and sets a nice atmosphere. Rain can be sloppy but you don't generally need to shovel snow more than once or twice a year and then not much.

That's about two hours north of where I live and they get more thunderstorms that I do but it would not have as many as some other places.

If thunderstorms are something you need to consider (sound), when you research the stats on any city / region, Wiki is a good help with temps / precipitation / storms and then just Google cross search with name of place and "thunderstorms"

Valley Fever is to be consider in some parts of SoCal and also other places in the SW - and wind storms can take the mold spores a long distance.

Thank goodness for cross searching.

Then, of course, even if you move to a state with no LLMDs there / no LLMDs "allowed", you'd want to know the attitude of those doctors you might need for other reasons. The ERs in Oregon are terrible for anyone with lyme - for whatever reason they might need it. The mere mention of lyme can toss a patient into the depths of disgust in staff eyes.

I do not see Oregon on your list of considerations. Perhaps you know that, for this reason, I could never suggest anyone ever move to Oregon. It's so very lyme-patient hostile. Although there are some good LL NDs in Oregon . . .

so anywhere you might consider, if you do well with NDs, you might be sure NDs can be licensed to work in that state - and if they are covered by any insurances in that state as well.

And the costs are going sky high, too. Cities become so overcrowded with about 3,000 homeless on the streets of Portland, for example. Many families who have just been priced out. If a city has not been able to better plan and manage for all its people, that's not a very good indicator of the future.

So this kind of thing is also key when considering a new home. Get to really know the people who live there now by connecting to certain organizations, not just the PR stuff.

If you might enjoy something like song circles / house concerts, some places are just thriving with those. This is where Portland shines. Whatever your interests, cross search to get going.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Air. Where ever you land, may it be on the "good" side of any traffic patterns. You can do DEQ searches but also find other groups such as the local Sierra Club chapters, Audoban groups (sp?) for the healthiest places to live.

Try to stay clear of the airflow from major highways.

Stores and shopping malls, too, sound from their air systems / vents / delivery trucks are 24/7 and travel quite a way. Google Maps is very helpful. If you see large buildings you can click to find out what they are.

And the city's planning department for any major building plans on the table as well as the current mindset for managing growth. What is their vision? It matters if you are looking for a real home.

You don't want to buy a home in a neighborhood and then find out in a year that every inch of the grass will be taken up with smaller homes, or current ones torn down to double and triple up.

Seems that's happening around you now (as is where I live, too, and so many places). Still, there must be the right place that will be a good atmosphere for you.

It's surely scary yet, maybe also freeing in some way to know that as your place should sell, you can find the place where your heart and spirit belong. Call in Sally Field or Meryl Streep to be by your side in this journey.

How might they go about it given the same set of circumstances? Mind role-playing can help, even if just for some diversion. The film "Benny & Joon" comes to mind for a young woman who sees things possible and moves to what she needs. Different circumstances yet a good character to emulate.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Judie:

Virginia Beach
Wilmington
Charleston
Savannah

-
HOT HOT HOT and HUMID ... I do have a friend who is right on the beach in Charleston and she loves it... but she has not been hit by a hurricane yet. She may change her mind then.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Asheville is gorgeous but cold in the winter.

Olympia would have far more ticks than the Hill Country of Texas.
Very pretty in WA!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
If you want a town concerned with no excessive noise, check out this group to find towns who care enough to design codes for comfort

http://www.nonoise.org/

Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
-

Judie
Member # 38323

Okay, thanks for the suggestions and I thought A LOT about my needs.

One HUGE factor is have trouble wearing shoes!!!!

Since I was floxed, my shoes need to be open in the back or they hurt my tendons.

I have NO IDEA how I'd be able to dress for cold weather without having pain. I have one pair of boots that hurt, that I can only wear for a short period.

Judie
Member # 38323

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Judie:

Virginia Beach
Wilmington
Charleston
Savannah

-
HOT HOT HOT and HUMID ... I do have a friend who is right on the beach in Charleston and she loves it... but she has not been hit by a hurricane yet. She may change her mind then.

Thanks Lymetoo!

My acupuncturist suggested those places because I'd like to stay by the ocean and they might be more affordable.

I have no idea how I'd fair in the humidity. I like the idea of being by the beach (fresh air and I like swimming). I'm not a hiking person.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Olympia, Washington . . . on your list and adding to previous thoughts:

Wouldn't want you to be surprised but you can't swim in that part of the Pacific Ocean without a wet suit. Even in summer, the water is just too cold. I've not checked maps straight over to the water but if you head north into the Puget Sound area, that's not quite ocean front yet still some lovely places.

Vashon Island is popular yet remote. You might think more north like Bellingham. If you consider Olympia, be sure to consider the Seattle area traffic if you would cross that to get where you'd want to go. If you can ride trains, etc. that would be nice.

And ferries over to some of the San Juan Islands.

A little town call Sequim (squim) or near there, Port Washington is where I'd like to settle. It's in the "Banana Belt" and does not get as much rain as Seattle / Olympia and is a little warmer on cold days. Still, the ocean is ice cold. Some of the beaches are rocks, not sand.

A former military barracks in Port Townsend where " An Office and a Gentleman" was filmed is used by an arts council for all kinds of gatherings of music, arts, etc.

Watch that film and fall in love with the place.

This section, usually NEVER gets hot. And when humid, it's cooler weather. BREEZY, though.

http://www.sequimwa.gov/

Sequim, WA

http://www.olympicpeninsula.org/destinations/port-angeles

Port Angeles, WA

& Google: "Banana Belt" "Olympic peninsula"

for many more wonderful links that pop up, just waiting to welcome you. That area is also know as:

http://komonews.com/weather/faq/what-is-the-olympic-rain-shadow

The Olympic Rain Shadow - explained
-

[ 09-22-2016, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As Bastyr University of Naturopathic Medicine in north of Seattle, there are many NDs in Washington.

Here's your museum of sorts, all kinds of variety of the arts. Townspeople are welcome at many of the events for certain shows & gatherings, too, even if they don't attend some of the workshops or retreats.

http://fortworden.org/

Fort Worden - in Port Townsend, WA

Welcome to Fort Worden, a place where people and ideas meet. Set on 434 acres of parkland, Fort Worden is located in Port Townsend, Washington, on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula. Visitors come from all over the world to learn, explore their creativity and share memorable experiences.

http://enjoypt.com/

Port Townsend, WA
-

randibear
Member # 11290

we're only about, what, 4-5 hours from galveston. nice beach town.

course I'm partial. hill country is really pretty.

my sister loves hilton head but expensive.

how about Sarasota? been there once and liked it. tampa was nice. but that was 30 years ago at least.

do you have friends in some cities you can visit? that way you could look around.

--------------------

Judie
Member # 38323

Sarasota is a place I've wanted to visit. I love seashells and swimming. That's a great suggestion! I forgot about that place.

I really need a warm place because of the shoe issue. I can only wear flip flops and mules.

I'm trying to make connections with people in other cities who will host or at least be able to show me around.

I know people in New York and California, not in other locations.

Judie
Member # 38323

Keebler - You made some very good points about development.

I'll see wants being planned around the next place I land.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard Asheville is a bit of a mecca for those liking parks and vegetarian restaurant / health food store places, from what I remember.

No idea how safe the parks are from the lyme disease standpoint.

I've been through there a couple of times and enjoyed it, but not recently, and of course vacationing is different from living.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The beach can be a big problem when there is a hurricane .. so choose wisely.

I grew up in Texas along the coast. All is well until a hurricane hits, then you can lose everything.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Judie
Member # 38323

Yikes! Hurricanes sound awful.

I'm open to any other location suggestions.

It just can't be too cold and there must be culture (I can't take being isolated anymore).

Safety is a huge factor and being around nice people.

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd stay out of the Southeast. Really hot and humid. Breathing that humid air may not be good for you at all. Also very prone to mold.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Thanks so much!

It looks like lower west states are my best options.

Still looking and very open to suggestions, rentals, in-law situations, etc...

I just need to get out of here badly. Thanks!

randibear
Member # 11290

taos
santa fe
albuquerque

beautiful weather but maybe a little pricey. go there every year.

salt lake city, but it can get cold

--------------------

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Taos gets cold and crowded ..albuturkey is ghetto fabulous and santa fe is pricey ....its the land of entrapment .tamalewood and home of balloon fiasco come on down....

--------------------
Blue

Judie
Member # 38323

Thanks bluelyme! Good to get all perspectives.

I just so need to get out of here. All these stairs and ticks are no good for me.

I started throwing out stuff today just to ready myself for the move.

I've been crying so much. This was suppose to be my "safe" place to heal from MCS.

What a mess! Lyme, divorce, death, and surrounded by criminals. Get me out!!!!!

I'll take just having MCS over this any day.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are communities of people with MCS in the southwest. Would you be interested in hooking up with any of them? You would all understand one another, at least, and you might find friends easier that way - ie, feel more at home with new people in your life.

If so, I suggest you google for it and also ask the people in the MCS links I sent you.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

I contacted the person you sent me. She had no advice.

If you mean colonies like Snowflake, that's way too remote and dusty for me.

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie, I just read this. I am so sorry to hear about your cat. :(

Are emfs an issue for you? I have a friend who is desperately looking for a place to live that is low emf.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Hi Catgirl -

Thanks for responding fellow cat lover!

I'm just at a loss over my cat. He was the ONLY joy in this house. I need to move. Sadder everyday. The problems with this house are hard to ignore now (stairs, Lyme, scary neighbors, remote location).

I don't have a problem with WiFi or EMFs at all. I'm okay around most plants too.

It's really only fragrance and nasty inhalants (car exhaust, smog, pinesol, etc...).

Sorry about your friend. She'd probably love my remote house, but she'd be set up for Lyme. [Frown]

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Judie, sending you good thoughts------

I am partial to Cali., moved here from MN after high school and lived in Bay Area for decades,

then moved east to the Sierra foothills, love.

I think staying in state would be much more manageable, and renting at first after your house sells less stress too---

Hang in there ---

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think you need to stay in CA if you can't wear closed shoes. Most places you would freeze in the winter ..even in Texas. .. Unless you go to far South Texas.... YUCK.

If you have MCS, then you need to be evaluated for MCAS. Most who have MCS also have MCAS .. and at least there is treatment for that.

Which part of CA are you in?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Judie
Member # 38323

Thanks Surprise and Lymetoo. I'm in Northern California in the redwood trees with deer and ticks and scary people who move to remote areas to do scary things.

I'd really like to move back to the bay area peninsula.

I'm considering coastal towns in SoCal too.

I've had several doctors say I have mast cell issues.

I've already tried the MCAS treatments through LLMD and they failed. [Frown]

Judie
Member # 38323

I'm still very desperate to move. Following all leads. I don't know how long I can hang on. This place is killing me.

It just rained and my area is known for mold too. This is too much.

PLEASE let me know if you know of a safer rental anywhere.

I've been following ALL leads, but haven't gotten any good ones.

I need to sell my house, but I need a safe place to go. I can't stay in a hotel. Too many fragrances.

Thanks!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Have you taken cromolyn sodium for the MCAS?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Judie
Member # 38323

Yep, allergic
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Are you sure? You have to begin slowly with it .. very slowly or you will react. (I began with 1/4 vial per day, then 1/4 vial twice a day, etc)

It's been a life-saver for me.

I know there is also Xolair and Ketotifen you could try.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

you know keller, texas, near me, is a wonderful place to live. you can get a good home for rental for 800 upish. depends on what you want to spend.

check trulia, zillow, or realtor.com for houses.

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

Lyme is now endemic in Texas;

https://www.google.com/amp/www.yourconroenews.com/news/amp/Study-Lyme-disease-present-in-Texas-likely-to-9488579.php?client=safari

Of course, it's everywhere, but apparently it's getting bad in Texas. My LLMD said he is seeing a big increase in Texas patients coming to him.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

They are more aware .. but I really think it's not as prevalent as in CA and the East coast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

I agree. some states are much worse. sides, I don't go out in the brush anymore. don't even do yardwork. my area is mostly concrete!!!!

--------------------

Judie
Member # 38323

Tried Ketotifen and had a horrible reaction. Couldn't function on it. I don't know the other one.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Xolair is shots

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Stumbled upon this article today and thought of you, Judie, as you mentioned Olympia. Training paths might involve that area. Also consider SEA-TAC, the int'l public airport.

JET NOISE

Find out where all military airstrips (and that's more branches than just the air force) might be anywhere you might consider going. And the local / international airports, too . . . and research their flight patterns and noise issues

Flight / Training patterns might matter nearly just as much as the location of the airports themselves.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/39247-how-much-noise-can-a-person-survive-navy-jets-plague-the-lives-of-washington-residents

How Much Noise Can a Person Survive? Navy Jets Plague the Lives of Washington State Residents

By Dahr Jamail - Truthout - February 06, 2017

. . . The loudest jets ever built fly so close to Puget Sound that residents' dishes rattle and they become physically ill. . . .

Imagine living in a place where the loudest jets ever built regularly flew so close, your entire house vibrated, dishes rattled and fell off shelves, and the noise was so loud you became physically ill.

Your sleep was impacted, you couldn't work, and literally every single aspect of your life was affected negatively. . . .

. . . the Puget Sound region of Washington State, near Naval Air Station Whidbey on Whidbey Island.

Along with thousands of others there and other islands and locations throughout the Sound, Andrews is afflicted by health-endangering levels of noise from Naval EA-18G "Growler" warplanes, the single loudest aircraft ever built. . . .

. . . " . . . the impact of this low-vibration frequency noise on the body, and what the mechanics really are in creating the breakdown of bodily organs," . . . .

. . . A "Public Health Emergency" . . . .
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Judie,

Seems like this might be a duplicate thread, yet with with diff replies, by now a companion thrd:

hands nubm so can't tpe - jst see both

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=036750;p=0

Topic: Urgently need to move, can't live here any longer...

Judie started 29 November, 2016
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
NINETEEN STATES

http://www.naturopathic.org/content.asp?contentid=57

Licensed States & Licensing Authorities - Naturopathic physicians

Currently, 19 states, the District of Columbia, and the United States territories of Puerto Rico and the United States Virgin Islands have licensing or regulation laws for naturopathic doctors.

In these states, naturopathic doctors are required to graduate from an accredited four-year residential naturopathic medical school and pass an extensive postdoctoral board examination (NPLEX) in order to receive a license.

For information about the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examination Board (NPLEX) and the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners (NABNE), please see our Education page.

Licensed naturopathic physicians must fulfill state-mandated continuing education requirements annually, and will have a specific scope of practice defined by their state's law. The states that currently have licensing laws for naturopathic physicians are:

[see list at link above]

http://www.naturopathic.org/about

American Association of Naturopathic Physicians - Detail
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement