LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Things Said- Good, bad, funny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things Said- Good, bad, funny
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shock, giggles and laughs. Never know what people are going to say. They often mean well...

1. I can get you the flu vaccine for about 1/2 price.

2. You should go to Hopkins to get treatment for your Lymes disease.

3. I had a family member who got Lyme disease and died- said with a sad and distressed look on their face.

Condolences given, conversation continued... It was my cousin's wife's dog.

4. And my favorite this week from a little kid playing soccer.... "It is more fun when you win."

Gotta love people!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little kid runs with fists in the air, shouting, "Go, white power, go!"

Then runs back in the same manner in the other direction, shouting, "Go, black power, go!"

By now a number of adults are giving their full attention, with looks of concern, confusion, and curiosity.

The child continues to run back and forth and shouts the same lines, but changes the colors.

Go, red power, go!
Go, green power, go!
Go, blue power, go!
Go, pink power, go!

Ah, okay! Mom nods her head and smiles a little: child is playing "Power Rangers."

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too funny gz. Love it!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny- My boyfriend just came home from outta town and said jokingly, all you do is eat garlic and have weird bodily functions. At least we both giggled. I had just finished trying to attack him with garlic kisses, so I deserved his joke. It was fun watching him dodge me.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Well that sounds fun, me. Made me laugh!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Chris the Lyme Warrior
Member # 49058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris the Lyme Warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that "me" that made me smile for the first time today.

--------------------
7 years since the suspected tick, already falling in love with crutches...

Posts: 25 | From Central Minesota | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay!!! I will try and keep them coming.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good And Funny Comebacks to Insults

I’d give you a nasty look but you’ve already got one.

If you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.

I love what you’ve done with your hair. How do you get it to come out of the nostrils like that?

If laughter is the best medicine, your face must be curing the world.

I’ve seen people like you before, but I had to pay admission.

Scientists say the universe is made up of neutrons, protons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot but not for me to point it out?

Your lips keep moving but all I hear is “Blah, blah, blah.”

You’ll never be the man your mother is.

ust because you have one doesn’t mean you need to act like one.

I’m sorry, was I meant to be offended? The only thing offending me is your face.

Someday you’ll go far… and I hope you stay there.

Stupidity’s not a crime, so you’re free to go.

If I had a face like yours I’d sue my parents.

Your doctor called with your colonoscopy results. Good news – they found your head.

No, those pants don’t make you look fatter – how could they?

You’re not stupid; you just have bad luck when thinking.

If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents.

Please, keep talking. I always yawn when I am interested.

The zoo called. They’re wondering how you got out of your cage?

Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

Hey, you have something on your chin… no, the 3rd one down.

Aww, it’s so cute when you try to talk about things you don’t understand.

I don’t know what makes you so stupid, but it really works.

You are proof that evolution can go in reverse.
Brains aren’t everything. In your case they’re nothing.

I thought of you today. It reminded me to take the garbage out.

You’re so ugly when you look in the mirror, your reflection looks away.

When you were born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to your dad, “I’m very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through.”

Quick – check your face! I just found your nose in my business.

It’s better to let someone think you’re stupid than open your mouth and prove it.

Hey, your village called – they want their idiot back.

Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?

You’re such a beautiful, intelligent, wonderful person. Oh I’m sorry, I thought we were having a lying competition.

I may love to shop but I’m not buying your bull.

I just stepped in something that was smarter than you… and smelled better too.

You have the right to remain silent because whatever you say will probably be stupid anyway.

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Only could read 1/2 of them before I had to get up from laughing too much. Good thing too, forgot I had something on the stove. Burning supper is NOT funny!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Still laughing about these!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and....who ties your shoes????

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

I've done this one
 -

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement