LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Nov. 27....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Nov. 27....
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, AK.. It took a lot for my husband to ask for help with carrying the horns.

Hopefully, he will get more help tonight ... though he does seem to be better today. He made it through church really well. (but that's also easier!)

The star of the show praised him on Facebook for doing so well at the show yesterday. He was very complimentary about his solo too. I do hope I get to see the show again.

We are all set on the other show for next year. They thought they would have to change theaters, but things were worked out and they will be staying. Hope it goes well for everyone.

The weather is cool here, but still OK. It was foggy this morning. I feel a strong need for a good nap!

So... see you guys later! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for starting this week's thread, Tutu.

Very foggy here, too. I got up bright and early to grab the paper and then went back to bed. Before I knew it, the time was 9:30 A.M.

Did a prayer walk of 25 minutes and then rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes. Need to work off the holiday calories.

I head back to work tomorrow. But in a month it will be Christmas break!

Have a super week. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks from me too TuTu!

Sunday-Didn't really do much today. Took my Mom to run a couple of errands and visited Josh. That's about it. Oh, washed a couple of shirts and some dishes.

Well, another week right around the corner. Hope it's a good one!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way too tired to exercise today.

Went to energy healer. She does not think I have MCAS or active Lyme. She said if my Lyme was active she would see the "killing colors."

Instead, she thinks my nervous system and energetic patterns are so used to seeing Lyme they interpret anything out of the ordinary as Lyme and thus give me my symptoms.

I don't know what to believe, but I just need to trust God to lead me in the correct direction.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss being here. I hope things calm down soon so I can come back

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--We all totally understand that you won't be posting too much in the near future, but you are here in our hearts. [kiss]

Got home right at sunset (4:30), so I did a quick walk and viewed its beauty. Walked about 20 minutes and when I look at the weather for the rest of this week and next, I think it will be the last warm day for awhile (mid 50's today, only 40 tomorrow).

Off to make dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Hiker...I'm back. For now anyway. I started the day a nervous wreck driving everyone crazy. After that was done I made a list and like the turtle I am I did A bunch of stuff.

Most important I'm doing tutus pee pee test. Then I untangled and washed a bunch of clothesline pieces I use for Etta at the beach and a bunch of kayak tie downs.

Not that I have a kayak but I do plan on organizing the van into a mini camper so I can go see my grand kids when my body is working better. Then I washed and dried two dog beds.

One will fit good in back of van and one in art as little cloth tote she really likes when we visit places. Last night I moved furniture to better place for after surgery and today I tweaked it a little.

Not sure how I will do with One broken recliner and flat daybed...I 'll have to see what I can and can't do after surgery if I can get to bedroom I have elec bed that I am able to get in good position so shoulder doesn hurt.

I'm just not sure if I can get in and out without using my arms. Also I saved a catalog with those triangle lifts for upper body and lower body and there is an attachment for bed to pull yourself up....it all depends how many lymph nodes she has to take out.

Then I vacuumed all my airclesners and washed them. I've been more stuffy than usual. They still fill up with white sheet rock dust from a year ago.

And my gyn doc called about two important things to tell hospital...she doesn't have a clue how hard it is to make things happen in hospitals these days.

She said if they give me trouble to have them call her. If I make a fuss I'm sure they will ramp up the drugs to make me shut up I really love it when I find a good doc tho. I'm happy with her and oncologist and surgeon and pulmonary and gi...primary is awful tho.

Not her but the office communication is really bad. Last week I walked out of office and today I hung up on them. Yesterday they messed up whole day with this potty test. But I do like and trust the life and death ones!

Did i write I got a baby freezer delivered yesterday and today I washed it out and turned it on. I have a bunch of prepared food in neighbors freezer so I will get that early tomorrow when I take out trash.

Its pouring now. This morning it was freezing rain and 150 cars off the road. One dumptruck. And one person died. They are forecasting snow for surgery day but too soon to worry about that I guess.

Oh yeah...I made appt with allergist for food allergies...Jan 4....that was pulmonary idea. I still have lots of stuff left on my list for tomorrow.

I think I 'll put the aircleaners back together and watch some tv. Did anyone see the story about breast cancer on NBC nightly news tonight? It looked like it was made for me to see.

Happy ending with horses and grand child in it. Ok. My rest is. Thanks for being there...you special ppl!

[ 11-29-2016, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did see that, kayak! I missed the first part, though.

I hope tomorrow is a better day .. at least you will have the test finished. I hope it goes well. Don't forget to put it in a cooler on the way to the lab. (maybe you won't need that with the cold weather!)

I got to meet some movie stars today at hubby's show. Wish I could tell you who I missed seeing. She was here last night, but had to fly out today. Big star.

Everyone on the show did a stand-up job today .. no stage fright having Hollywood in the theater!

-

Very sorry to hear about Gatlinburg, TN. I think a lot of their tourism just got destroyed. I hope not, but that's what I'm hearing.

So far, Dollywood has been spared.

-

I did 43 minutes on the machine, 12 laps and 5 min on my leg exercises...which I usually do but I'm too lazy to report it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

ok--What is the pee test, lp and tutu?

How did the fire in Gatlinburg get started? I have been there many times on my way to NC and I used to hike a lot in the Smoky Mountains.

Lp--sounds like you got a lot ton accomplished today and tutu, you are an exercise machine!!

lp--how far is surgical hospital from your house? Hope someone is taking you.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu already did the test. It measures histamine to see if mast cells are messed up. Hospital is about 30 min. The plan is my son will take me and stay at house while I am in hospital and rehab to take care of Etta. I'm not sure if he will hang out in hospital all day. He works on computer so maybe he will. His older brother will be available by phone if decisions need to be made. I'm supposed to have someone to hold onto my stuff until it is over and I am settled in room. But they do a procedure and then I lie there for 3 hrs until its time for 3 he surgery. That's a long time for him to hang out. I won't want him with me. I won't feel good and hope they will dope me up some

I do feel like what I did was exercise. I rested in between chores. I just ozoned exercise room. We sat out in car. There's fans clearing it out now. That room has the most plants that need to be moved so I usually do it first. Then lock all the plants in th we e with door closed while I do the rest of the house
I have a lot of sitting down paperwork tomorrow. I'm happy I got so much done to say. Nite.. Ps hope a k is ok. I'm gonna have to hunt herdown

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Here ya go, hiker....

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/83011

Thanks for the kudos on the exercise. It's so much easier while watching "Fixer Upper!"

AK.. where art thou?

PS.. Hubby got rehired for the second show! So .. two shows again next year! Woot woot!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-10 minutes on the elliptical stepper, 15 on a cycler?, 1 lap around the gym and did a 10 minute warm up.

Unfortunately I gained 3 1\2 pounds over Thanksgiving. I was shocked! Sluggish working out today probably from having turkey butt!

AWOL yesterday from being a slug.

Hiker-You thinking MCAS might be an issue for you? That pee pee test will definitely let you know.

Kayak-Let us know the results of your test! I wonder how many of us are going to be positive for MCAS. The only other thing my allergist tested me for was a latex allergy.

TuTu-You out there hobnobbing with the rich and famous? Must be loads of fun and exciting!

Forest fires are causing smoke problems even for us 100 miles south of ATL. Hate to hear about Gatlinburg! Such a unique area.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday-PT today and my SI joint and neck were locked up again. So back to trying to keep up with my exercises every hour. Doesn't take long cause I do only 5 reps of 5 different exercises.

Outside of that just preparing meals and clean up afterwards.

Have to go out tonight but planning on getting some rest when I get home.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. make sure you are not eating a diet high in oxalates... spinach, potatoes, etc. Causes PAIN for me.

Yes, I even got to sit near them .. with no one in between us, so I could watch them react to the songs and music. It was awesome to see them clapping for hubby's solos! Not everyone thinks to clap for soloists. (why is that!?) lol

I need to check on kayak .. heard from her early this morning.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Good day at school. Although I got a chuckle when a child put that the ovaries were part of the respiratory system on a quiz. One kid said the eyes were part of the digestive system. Kids don't know how to memorize basic facts anymore.

Cold and sleet/rain mix outside, so rode exercise bike for 16 minutes.

Am off to church tonight. Short service and won't bother my stimuli issues as much as a Sunday service. Soup provided afterwards, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi. Problems with testing. Good talk with pre ok nurse but about half way in she said she wanted me to come to hosp tomorrow to meet with nurse and anesthesiologists. That msk3s me feel good. Then second son called to say he would be here day of surgery to support younger son. I said ok if he was there to do what I want not boss me around to do what he wants. They all think they know better than me....think I am wrong about Lyme...its nice they are showing interest but they have no idea who I am or what I'm like ciuz they have just talked bad about me and stayed away for so long

Now I'm really scared I will react to them. 2 strange ppl in my house...last time son was here I kept coughing around him and he didn't understand when I said I was coughing cuz of something he wore or used. Now there will be 2. The day of surgery. I really could gave used help earlier...I'm happy they are finally involved but its hard. The first time. Coming so close Idk. Its more what they need...I guess...I'm not good with last minute changes and 8 have to take care of myself...I can't worry about hurting their. Feelings

A K ...good to hear from you...those tornado warnings look close to you but you didn't mention it. Hope you're safe

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

for hiker and anyone who is around children:

http://yourot.com/parenting-club/2016/5/16/why-our-children-are-so-bored-at-school-cant-wait-and-get-so-easily-frustrated

kayak .. I would be worried about the scents from them too. Dang. I'm glad they are being responsive, but it's a double-edged sword, I guess.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Nada. Nothing. No exercising today. Way too tired
after work.

Hopefully your reports will be better. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I went to a show this morning with a friend. It was really good. Basically John Denver music with extras.

Had lunch with hubby after his morning show, then went shopping. Found a cabinet for the bedroom.

Went to exercise at a later time.. was really tired by that time. (reminder to self...go at the regular time!)

Did 40 min on the machine and about 6 laps.

Now I feel like hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-I'm out of practice reporting exercises so here goes.....

Cybex 750 Arc Trainer 20 minutes, level 1 weight loss program. Star Trac treadmill 2.5 mph for 10 minutes. NuStep level 9 manual setting for 5 minutes.

Also I don't know how I did it but I lost 2 of the 3 pounds I gained over Thanksgiving! Yay!

Now if I could just work on my eating habits...

TuTu-I really need to work on my diet! Holidays are hard and my family doesn't understand.

As to soloists, I don't understand people NOT clapping. Were they younger folks? When we went to the jazz club in NO this summer each musician played an awesome solo piece highlighting their abilities. The audience went wild!

Hiker-Kids, you gotta love them! Darn Google and Alexa for kids not having to study anymore! BTW, a hot bowl of soup sounds wonderful! We used to do that Wednesday night's at one of my old churches. Sure do miss it!

Kayak-What? 2 sons coming to help? That's wonderful news! I'm so relieved that you have some help. If those sons try and give you grief I think Etta could take them. No, really, underneath that fur I bet she's all teeth! Get em Etta!

You guys are the best! See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK.. I'm struggling with my diet too. Gotta get a grip!

Most of our audiences are on the elderly side of things. I think they flat out get TIRED and are also jaded sometimes. They go to 2 or three shows a day sometimes.

I don't know how they do it. One show will wear me out for the day. I've had people tell me they saw 5 shows in one day!

Also, if they've never played an instrument, they think it's not that hard to do. You know, the musician just picks up the horn and it plays itself. [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--you are rocking that exercise. Putting me to shame.

I grocery shopped after school today and then rode the exercise bike for 12 minutes. Feel toxic.

Hope I can rake a few leaves tomorrow even though they are not all down, yet. Snow and sleet on Sunday.

Reading and being a couch potato tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

My knee was very bad when I woke up with pain...doc wanted to see it. Or broke again. He w as very nice to me..extra nice and telling me to fight and not give up....it was a Nn it odd...but it made me call daughter. She's supposed to call me in a few minutes

I came home from docs and took Etta for a walk ...in wheel chair....put in stakes so helpers know where to shovel....put my new lavender plants into ground in rose far Dee n. They still smell good

I pulled the hose closer to where it should be...all from chair....

Then came in and had potroast and card is and broccoli for a late lunch and then fell asleep

I just woke up...its cold in here. I better go get ready for call

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you, kayak!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Me and Mom worked out at cardio rehab. They amped up her routine a little so she was tired when finished.

My routine was Cybex 750AT for 20 minutes same level as yesterday. Star Trac treadmill for 15 minutes and varied speed between 2-3 mph. Oh also did the ten minute cardio program warm up.

So far no exercise fatigue/intolerance that I was experiencing for at least 1-2 years. That really surprises me. I've been expecting it to hit me and it hasn't yet. Wonder if it has something to do with my MCAS treatment?

TuTu-I can't imagine going to more than one show. I would burn out from too much excitement and sensory overload. My cheeks were sore from too much smiling at the jazz place. Nothing beats live entertainment!

Hiker-Wait til I start working again and we'll see if I can keep it up! I'm thinking about starting soon (part time) since my Mom's health and my own are much improved. BTW, Josh ordered a Nordic Track treadmill (darn cyber Monday) so hopefully we can try to motivate each other.

Kayak-Well hello stranger! I'm glad too that you posted! I see that you're keeping yourself and Etta fighting trim! LOL!

It's so funny...I had the pot roast dinner at Cracker Barrel Wednesday. It was really good and the best part was no work required!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my usual Saturday library stop. I had 5 books on hold and they came in at the same time. Doubt I will get them all read as they are only 7 day checkouts. I can always put them on hold again later.

Raked leaves for about 35 minutes and then soaped my shovels to make them slick so snow slides right off.

Am doing some laundry and got out my down comforter. Chance of snow tonight!

Dug out my pinecone wreath to hang on the door.

I have been up and down my stairs countless times and am already exhausted. I would take a nap, but the flannel sheets are in the wash--lol.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great job, AK! You are going strong!

My exercise today was helping decorate the tree at church. It looks really nice.

hiker .. raking leaves is good exercise! Hope you get some good rest tonight and a relaxing snow fall!

My friend who nearly lost her son in that skiing accident 5 yrs ago has finally gotten her book published! It came out on Wednesday and I rec'd mine yesterday!

I am very excited to read it, but I'm sure it will make me cry. If anyone is interested in the book, just PM me and I'll give you the info on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you are all well today-you all sound busy!

I took a 30 min walk this am and put up holiday decorations. I'm exhausted. My daughter's school band plays in the tree lighting for our town this evening-going to be cold!!

Hiker-that always happens to me with the library! I reserve books then they all come in at same time!!

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Vacuumed, dusted and did 2 loads of laundry. Made an easy dinner of soup and sandwiches and visited Josh later this evening.

Hiker-Raking is hard work! The worst part for me is bagging. All that squatting is too much of a workout. I finally wised up this year and put my lawn and leaf bags in a big round garbage can secured with clothes pins. I can cram a lot more leaves in using both hands.

TuTu-Congrats to your friend! Please pm me the info. I love to read all different genres. I was really bad for awhile and would read 4-5 books at the same time. I'd read by mood. Used to drive my sister nuts!

Lovedogs-Hi! That's a lot of walking! I was thinking about walking at the park today but was sidetracked by the vacuum.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Will do, AK..I've read the first 50 pages and it's really good!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement