LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What you can do today: January 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What you can do today: January 8
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's to another week of moving and grooving!

AK--I got a kick out of your stray cats comment. [Big Grin] I used to have a dog and then a cat. I miss their company, but not their fur everywhere.

I rode the exercise bike 30 minutes--divided it up into 20 minutes this morning and 10 this afternoon.

I located all the papers for my physical therapy exercises, organized them and put them in a handy binder. Now, I should probably start doing some of them. [bonk]

Am doing laundry, so up and down the stairs a lot.

Took my paper and containers to recycling.

Back to work tomorrow.

Have a super week. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks for starting the thread Hiker! Congrats on the 30! You're doing PT too? What did you injure? I'm still doing mine every day.

Did having pets help? Enquiring minds would like to know.

Also I bought yet another self help book today called 'He's Just Not Your Type'. I'm hoping it might give me a clue. LOL!

Well, onto exercise.....

Did 2 fifteen minute segments of my DVD's, one for abs, the other for lower body. I did a new workout for arms. It's more intense than my older version.

Also bought an exercise mat and 5 lb weights today. I'm starting to get real serious!

Going to veg for the rest of the evening and maybe read some of my new book.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We only got 3 inches of snow. I went out twice to clear patios. I planned on doing drive myself to save money but plow guy showers up and it was hard to say know

I checked over tax stuff and I think I have a list done except for what comes in on the last statements and the paperwork that will come in mail

I made a turkey soup yesterday from a turkey breast we didn't eat when kids were here

And I started to cleanoven yesterday. Its really bad and its hard for me to reach

I still want to make pecans to send to kids and send some cards to ppl I hardly ever see. More valentines than Christmas now

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--You are getting serious about exercise!! I have a ton of PT exercises from various injuries. I tend to do them for awhile and then stop. I really should be doing the ones for my knee (chondromalacia) and the ones for balance and the ones for my core strength. [shake]

Instead I rode the exercise bike again today--10 minutes before work and 10 minutes after work.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been dragging. I fall asleep more than once during the day. Kinda weird. But I have added antihistamines so maybe that's why

I'm having major eye trouble as well. When I called new allergist he said it was dry eye. I checked and so many of my regular meds cause dry eye it would make sense that a few little zyrtec could put me over the edge to bad eye problems

Allergist wants to see me. But my co pays have just doubled. And I'm going to have to change how often I go to docs

Sorry. Not sure why I'm in this mood

Nothing more I can do on taxes for a few weeks so I'm still trying to send off a few cards and maybe make praline pecans and cookies to send to kids I didn't see Christmas

In reading about mast cell disease it keeps saying a sx can be brain fog and memory issues. I've been blamining that on Lyme and head injury for so long

Idk

It would be good if I could get psyched about organizing back room too

This morning the knee doc said I shouldn't walk on bad knee at all cuz it can turn into emergency surgery and that wouldn't be good

I'm in wc a lot but there's a few steps to car and bath and bedroom. And there's transferring from chair to chair

Anyway. I hope everyone else is having a better day. I usually snap out of stuff like this pretty soon.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Not enough sleep last night so bought liquid Melatonin and will give that a shot.

Up so early that I did my 3 DVDs and then went to Zumba. I gained a pound over the weekend and it's not muscle. I went to two buffets over the weekend! Yes....I'm ashamed!

Kayak-Hi there! Glad to see you posting. That turkey soup sounds wonderful! I froze some au jus and prime rib bones from Christmas to make soup. Hope I can make it this week.

Hiker-That's a great idea about breaking up your workout. I might have to mention that to Josh. He went back to work today too and was worried about being to tired to maintain his workout regime.

BTW gang, I forgot to mention how sore I am. I'm so out of shape, especially my abs. I could barely lift my head to do crunches.

[Roll Eyes]

See you all tomorrow!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder when Ms. Tutu will reappear.

AK and LP--you both sound like excellent cooks and I need to come over for dinner.

Just did 10 minutes on exercise bike before work and 10 minutes after work. Once the weather is nice and it is not dark after work, I hope to get walking again. Until then I will try to break up my exercise routine and still get at least 20 minutes in most days.

--------------------
Hiker53

ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
You all motivate me!! I went to yoga/pilates class yesterday. Was great but I'm sore today. I hear you on the abs AK. It's a good sore though!

Hope you all have a great week!

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Went to bed by 12 but woke up at 5. So started working out around 6. Did my 3 DVD's then at 10:30 me and Mom headed to the gym.

Did some stretches, 30 minutes on incline 2, walk/jog at 3.2 mph on treadmill. Added 10 minutes of rowing, more stretches and walked a few laps with my Mom.

Hiker-Way to go on the 20, also you can come over anytime for dinner!

Lovedogs-Just my third day of my old exercise DVD's. Hope by next week I won't be so sore. I enjoy yoga but am only a beginner.

Well gang....back to my movie!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Test

Wierd. I posted earlier and it didn't work

I had to go to the bank and go to car ins office for them to do something to my cell phone so I could get a discount. I was there over an hour and had to walk on ice...not fun

I took trash out to road when I got back and shoveled just a little...we are supposed to get rain tonight but it might be ice

I napped when I came in and then made a bunch of cookies to send to kids I didn't see Christmas and also for neighbors who help me so much

Tomorrow when roads are safe I will have to find containers to mail them in

Sheesh. I have restless legs. Driving me nuts. I have to make some calm. Nite

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi...I love dogs! (I do too). Yoga and Pilates are not possible for me now...but who knows about the future!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Whew. Busy day. Went to the hardware store after work to get more ice melt. Major ice storm moving our way and I want to be prepared. Also stopped at the library to get some books that were on hold.

Rode the exercise bike 25 minutes after work. I should sleep well tonight.

lp-What kind of cookies did you make? I always have loved M & M cookies and can't seem to find a good gluten free recipe for them. Not that I need to fill up on cookies--LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

They were chocolate chip...a new recipe I found in a magazine...some had butterscotch chips and some had walnuts and some were plain

Not ghost gluten free. Not for me...except the broken ones

I ended up at the beach late afternoon and saw the full moon rise

My trash finally got picked up. It was 53 degrees and most of ice is gone...I chopped a little ice and opened path to drain

We have rain coming before really cold temps over weekend

At the beach I walked a little and Etta ran circles around me to get exercise. My knee hurts too much to walk.

I managed to do a load of laundry and finish all the cookie dishes and used walker to go in store to find containers for cookies

I will make pecans in the morning and take them to post office tomorrow afternoon
Tutu s ok. I'm not sure if anyone has heard from her. They are with her fil

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Up again at 5! Did my 3 DVD's and later went to Zumba.

Stressed out but visit with attorney helped some.

Couple errands then me and mom met Josh at a buffet.

There goes all my exercise......

Kayak-Cookies are my kryptonite! Those wonderful home baked treats you're making are worth their weight in gold!

We were checking out the moon early last night. So bright and full, surrounded by clouds that looked like fish scales. My Mom told me it means you'll catch a lot of fish.

Hiker-I told Josh about the double pronged approach to exercise that you've been using. He didn't work out yesterday and was going to skip tonight too. He opened a fortune cookie from the buffet and it read, 'Don't put off your goals, do them now'. He called laughing, to tell me this. Then he got on the treadmill.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I managed to send off cookies to two and pecans to 3...it wasn't easy...post office is one of hardest errands for me. It was pouring rain and above 50 when I got back...I put on a hat and chopped ice for awhile...Etta stayed in van and watched me so it was like she had a longer outing than 2 post office visits

I took a detox bath when I got home but I'm pretty sure I need new water heater...either that or heater in tub doesn't work...I can't seem to figure that out and a good bath would help my pain a lot.. I 'll have to move that to top of list. The tub never worked right but I was so mad at worker I let it go...the warranty probably won't work now

I'm having homemade turkey soup and outside clothes are in washer. Sooooo moldy outside...rain plus 53 degrees plus moldy cars. I wore a mask to shovel

Oh well...I think I'm gonna find a good movie and veg out for awhile

I read more of Dr afrins book in tub...I like him...but I don't have the energy to advocate the way he asks us to at the end of the book

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ps...I also night another book that was recommended and I'm depressed about it. It pushes fruit...more than veggies...and goes into detail about why fruit is better than veggies and not bad like many say

But he's pushing raw fruit and veggies and very limited protein...and I know I can't do that...

I have to stop throwing my money away

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--I saw the info that Brussels posted about the fruit diet. I have come to the conclusion that I can't do every protocol that is recommended.

I don't think I have a histamine problem like Tutu and Ak, so I don't restrict too much. I don't eat gluten and very rarely do I eat dairy. Everything else I try to eat in moderation.

I am going to ask energy healer about autoimmune paleo diet which eliminates all grains, dairy, eggs, legumes, and nightshades but realistically I cannot see myself sticking to this.

I feel like my immune system is in overdrive. I get the toxicity of the germs that are rapidly killed, but not all of the symptoms

I stayed home from work today because of my myoclonic jerks. (due to toxins from some virus I picked up at school) Slept most of the morning, but then did ride my exercise bike 25 minutes.

Very icy out and my dear friend came over and spread ice melt on the drive and walk for me. More ice coming tomorrow afternoon and through the weekend. Ugh. Hope I can get my grocery shopping in after work tomorrow before it hits.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Woke up around 8 so couldn't squeeze in my 3 DVD's this morning and didn't do them later either. Did go to gym with mom and only walked at an incline of 2.0 at my usual 3.2 mph for 30 minutes. Then for fun threw in 10 minutes of rowing and walked some laps with mom.

Kayak-I'm pretty bad with the restricted diet. I found my juicer so I'm going to try some mostly veggie juices. Thinking I might try beet, carrot, kale, parsley and an apple. I used to do carrot and apple because it's more cost effective but it got boring. Hopefully juicing will get some much needed nutrients in me and help me to eat a little better.

Hiker-Wow! That's great doing 25 minutes in one fell swoop. I was off my feed today and just didn't have the energy to jog or do my DVD's. I even fell asleep watching TV this afternoon. I rarely take naps so I was surprised. Must be more tired than I thought.

Hope you feel better!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

My exercise today was grocery shopping after work. The store was a madhouse.

We have a winter ice storm coming and I think people think they will starve to death if they don't buy everything in the store. LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker...I hate ice. I am really afraid of it. Hope you feel better soon. Maybe you 'll get an ice day instead of a snow day

Am...I've been falling asleep a lot during the day and I'm concerned about it. At first I figured I was recovering from surgery but its been too long. I ran out of coq10 and haven't gotten back on alpha lipid acid. If starting them up doesn't give me more energy I have to look deeper

I know I'm a little depressed but this much daytime sleeping is too much for me

I am just in awe of how much you guys exercise...its so far from anything I can do

I did go out today at 4 to get groceries...I finally ran out of veggies from Christmas. It was cool to drive home at 430 and not need car lights...I guess that means we re going in the right direction...but spring is still a ways away

I texted with tutu today about eyedrops...I ordered some with a histamine med in them...my eyes have been very bad and no doc can help...hope these do

We have a deep freeze coming but no ice thank goodness

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ps...I spent quite a few hours working on bills and calling about messed up medical billing. I felt like I accomplished something without hurting myself cuz I was in wc most of day

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Did my 3 DVD's at home, and then warmup and stretching at the gym. Afterwards did my favorite, Zumba! I'm slowly getting the hang of it and am not as klutzy!

Took a friend to dinner last night and we had a good time reminiscing about our high school days. She's going through a divorce also so we're propping each other up. I had a wonderful time!

Hiker-I'm with Kayak about that ice! Back in my AK days it was an every winter thing. I used to drive a 4x4 manual tranny pickup with studded tires and would still slide around. Nope....don't miss it at all!

Kayak-I'm surprised I can exercise at all! Think I gave it a shot in 2014-15 and couldn't recover very well afterwards so gave up. I'm hoping THAT doesn't happen again. I think it's my histamine treatment that's helping me out. I'm so very grateful that I can exercise again.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are all amazing with your workouts! I am impressed.

How are you feeling hiker? I have a nasty virus. ugh! everyone at work has it as well as the little ones we work with. Hoping it passes soon.

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Saturday--Freezing rain here. Spread ice melt and then cooked and did one load of laundry.

I was hoping to go home and see my folks since I have Monday off work, but with the freezing rain, I decided to stay put. I bet the interstate if fine, but not willing to risk it and don't want to get stuck there and miss work Tuesday.

Have a splitting headache. My sinus infection just seems to come and go.

ilovedogs--what kind of work do you do?

Reading and watching some basketball and football this evening

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well I sent one card today and did dishes and laundry and chopped ice for 45 min

It was still 21 degrees I think but I was able to get quite a bit off the drive

Etta got loose and ran toward main road and I got really scared...chasing her in wc and screaming her name...she totally ignored me

Again.. All neighbors home...no one came to help

Came in and watched the Amazon movie about football player who got a l s

Now hunkered down with Etta...might end up napping

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement