LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Sacred Plant, Marijuana- Treating Cancer Tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sacred Plant, Marijuana- Treating Cancer Tonight
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Education with a Twist

I was going to share another article from an email I subscribe to (as I've done here before), then saw this announcement below about a free documentary- The Sacred Plant: Healing Secrets Exposed.

And to be totally transparent, I then saw that if I refer others and they register (first name and email address only) and watch I will get a bonus by way of a VISA gift card- and the more who register, the bigger the bonus- up to $250!

(Deadline to register is “before June 7” so please don’t hesitate.)

To be honest- I am in desperate need of funds each year to pay GoDaddy's annual fees for my websites which cost me several hundred dollars each year out of pocket.

And each year I have to wiggle, sweat it out and even cancel some website domain names to pay for the others. This would go a good way in helping me with those fees!

With that in mind, if you'd like to watch this documentary series, PLEASE DO!

If you register NOW using my link below I will somehow get credit for it. Also, I have no clue what the "sacred plant" is.

I thought at first it was marijuana, but it could be flax, or even something else? Most of the other info they sent in this same email was about flaxseed, but the leaves (only clue I saw- hand drawn) of both plants look similar (so I'm told). ~smile~

And whether you do this for your own knowledge (and/or to help me out) I thank you sincerely in advance!

Link Here
https://thesacredplant.com/docuseries/?ref=f6da0528-cde1-4fb5-9518-c3af8d7ce971

Episode 1 - The Sacred Plant… Revealed
(Airs on Wednesday, June 7 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 2 - Pain, Anxiety, PTSD, Alzheimer’s, & Opioids
(Airs on Thursday, June 8 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 3 - Epilepsy, Autoimmune Diseases, & More
(Airs on Friday, June 9 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 4 - Treating Cancer
(Airs on Saturday, June 10 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 5 - Where to Find & Access The Sacred Plant
(Airs on Sunday, June 11 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 6 - Reversing Aging, Increasing Memory, & Dosing Tips(Airs on Monday, June 12 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Episode 7 - What's Next & How It Impacts Us All
(Airs on Tuesday, June 13 at 9 p.m. Eastern)

Each episode will be available for 24 hours online for you to watch, then they have to take it down to put up the next episode.

[ 06-10-2017, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.
Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a sweet heart! Many thanks!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about watching this already, so glad I caught your link! I hope you get lots of referrals Ms. TC [Big Grin]
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just did it - hope you get lots of folks! I'm going to guess that this is cannabis.

[ 06-09-2017, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Lonewolf, gz and Robin40285904745,

THANK YOU! Your registration just kicked me over the 25 people mark, which qualifies me for $25.00 in a gift certificate.

REALLY appreciate your support! That will help towards the fees and was $25 more than I had!

Just checked the fees for this year's domain renewals- $440.00

OUCH! That hurts because it is so much, and it is due each year by December- just in time to wipe out my Christmas Club account!

But, the good news is now the renewal fee will be $25.00 less, thanks to you all!

[group hug]

Enjoy the shows!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This program is really informative - am suggesting everyone watch! After you've signed up thru Tincup's link here!

Lyme patients are saying they've been helped by medical cannabis. People are also saying it's helped relieve pain and damage from taking quinolone antibiotics.

It actually seems to help just about every health condition there is! Reason being that our cells have cannabinoid receptors, so readily uptake the cannabis which helps everything work better in us.

This is medical cannabis, the CBD kind, not the psychoactive THC kind.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

The Sacred Plant- Marijuana.

Tonight’s episode, Treating Cancer, starts at 9 PM, but you will have 24 hours to view it for free before the next episode starts.

https://thesacredplant.com/docuseries/?ref=f6da0528-cde1-4fb5-9518-c3af8d7ce971

Here are just a few of the things we’ll cover in tonight’s show:

The strange-but-exciting relationship between The Sacred Plant and cancer

Jill’s story about getting diagnosed with neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer (the same kind Steve Jobs had)​​​

How cannabinoids affect cancer cells

The next chapter in Patricia’s fight against terminal lung cancer

And a whole lot more (especially stories from cancer patients)
You’re going to love it — I promise :-).

After you watch, please help us spread the word by commenting and sharing in the section below the video.

Thanks in advance and I’ll see you soon.

with Love and Gratitude,

John Malanca
Your Host & Advocate,
The Sacred Plant

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Robin59375937,

Hope those with an interest get to watch this episode tonight. Too many Lyme patients are diagnosed with cancer for various reasons. May not need this info today, but it might be good to know it later?

Of course, hope no one "needs" it.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done.
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Thanks Jory!!! I really appreciated the program last night. Very informative. Hope you did too.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Just watched the last of 7 programs tonite - I think they're going to offer a showing of all of them for free soon - will post when they do - this is a phenomenal program - we can learn so much about medical cannabis.

Frankly, I just knew about the THC high, from some personal experience, some of it unwanted as when I unknowingly ingested it in cookies and brownies! Those crazy Californians...

But this program, my gosh - cannabis can actually treat so many conditions! They think there's at least 480 active compounds in the plant and only a few of them have been studied, so with any luck, the rest of them are going to get studied. Other countries, like Israel and Spain, are on the forefront of research now.

Many of the conditions mentioned that it treats are conditions we deal with, like MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, ADHD, autism, arthritis, IBS, endometriosis,and yes, fibromyalgia.

Therefore, many of you who know me know me to be a rather talkative person on these summits and I let folks there know several times that sometimes these conditions can be due to Lyme disease and I gave them websites.

Conversely, it sounds like people with Lyme conditions might be treatable with medical cannabis. It reduces inflammation, pain, insomnia, arthritis and more.

There's going to be a Lyme summit June 19-26 and now I'm interested to see if someone(s) is going to discuss medical cannabis treatment for Lyme disease.

Robin123
Member # 9197

There are lots of details that people deal with when they're using it to treat cancer. One is the ratio of nonpsychoactive cannabinoid (CBD) oil to psychoactive cannabis, otherwise known as THC - tetrahydrocannabidiol, the one most of us have experience with.

Everyone has to figure out that ratio, also the amounts of each, as we're all individual in how we respond. Some people treating cancer need the THC part too. So it gets rather involved.

Info at www.projectcbd.org
Closed facebook group called Cannabis Success Stories, to learn to how to use it medically.

I don't think I'm allowed to list commercial procurement sites here, so just pm me if you're interested, I'll save the notes.

luvmycat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvmycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's way past time that this ancient medication be accepted by all. It has been vilified long enough.

My daughter works in a trauma center. She has tended to many, many people who have been brought in due to events from alcohol & illegal drugs.

She said not one time in over 20 years has anyone ever been brought in due to an overdose of cannabis.

If you see the headlines where someone has jumped off of a 7th floor balcony under the influence of cannabis, the whole story hasn't been told.

They have mixed something else much more toxic and psychoactive with the cannabis that has caused this outrageous and tragic behavior.

I am not here to advocate recreational use one way or the other. To each his own.

But to withold this from people who genuinely need it for treatment is senseless and ridiculous.

The press and big pharma keep it vilified in the headlines. Plus, the the political money and the big pharma connection is a strong bond. The politicians will protect that at all cost.

Maryland legalized medical cannabis four years ago and it's still not being dispensed. The wheels of supply have ground slowly due to all the red tape and those who need treatment are still waiting.

Rant over and 2 cents thrown in. This may be irrelevant to the original post but I had to put this out there. Feel better now.

[ 06-15-2017, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: luvmycat ]

--------------------
Luvmycat

A mind is like a parachute. It only functions when it's open.

Posts: 268 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, luvmycat - the program made the same points you're making here, that it's safe, no one has gotten hurt from medical cannabis.

They made it a Schedule 1 drug in I think they said the 70s, when the schedules were created. Schedule 1 means drug. It isn't. It's been maligned.

Not only insurance companies and politicians, also the doctors - they're making fortunes off of treating cancer patients.

In the program they told us that the word "marijuana" was made up in the 1940s as a racist combo of two Mexican names, Maria and Juan! That the evil weed was being brought up from Mexico. I didn't know that! So, its real name is cannabis!

Good for Maryland for legalizing it. The slowness of treatment is a common story right now, including dosing not strong enough.

CA has medical cannabis now and there are a lot of medical dispensaries in town.

CarolMartin
Member # 52217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CarolMartin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, frankly speaking, I have the similar problem. After I have overcome cancer of the second degree, I am constantly haunted by the fear of death. It always seems to me that I’m living the last day. I was afraid to drink alcohol, smoke, tried not to be nervous. But because of the panic, things just got worse. Psychologists did not help, they prescribed drugs, but they did not help. I decided to find the answer on the forums. On one of the forums, the guys told me about using the weed. I was surprised by its properties and the fact, that it's legal, more on UrbanAroma.com. This is really an effective thing, thanks to which I began to worry less. Now I can concentrate on something and not be distracted. I am happy that I started using this thing. I hope I helped you, good luck.

[ 10-14-2020, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: CarolMartin ]

Posts: 6 | From USA,NY | Registered: Oct 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kylie
Member # 52158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, sounds very interesting. Will start watching now.
Posts: 22 | From Kansas Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna Campbell
Member # 52157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna Campbell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why I missed this and just noticed via my e-mail, it's not acceptable! And I was thinking what to do!? I will enjoy and start also watching, thank you! Because after starting smoking I stopped worry too much and felt like Homer Simpson on that episode when he started smoking joints and bongs because of some stupid reason, and those animations were an s symbol of how his perception was changed. Mine was also after I visited this amazing cannabis shop in San Francisco where I was high as a donkey and was laughing absolutely over everything. Entertainment is good, but I started to be involved in almost anything to find out their pluses and healing aspect if they were present.

[ 11-03-2020, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Donna Campbell ]

Posts: 41 | From Newark | Registered: Jul 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you had to watch that series at the time as they took each episode down before putting the next one up. This was posted in 2017.
I always check the original post to see if it is dated. The info on pot is probably very out of date by now.

Now pot is legal in lots of states and in others with a medical prescription.

[ 10-30-2020, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Ann-Ohio ]

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drakus
Member # 52242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a good thing that pot is legalized in many States, because it can help many people as a medicine.I used to smoke marijuana with friends for fun. Right now, I only use it as medicine. A few years ago, I began to have frequent depression and anxiety. At first, I tried the drugs that my doctor prescribed for me, they helped but not for long, and under their influence, I felt like a vegetable. A friend told me that needed to try cannabis treatment and I reached out to these guys weedsmart.net in order to they can choose the right variety for me. I've been smoking weed for six months now and it really helps me and I started to feel the urge to live.

[ 12-03-2020, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Drakus ]

Posts: 1 | From Dallas | Registered: Nov 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement