LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise--What you can do today: June 25

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise--What you can do today: June 25
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to believe we are moving into the last week of June. My summer is going by too fast.

Walked and did my strength exercises for 35 minutes.

I did go to church. Figured I needed all the prayer I could get for my mom and my eye surgery on Tuesday.

Watched the national track and field championships. I do love track and field and I miss running.

Have a great week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker.. I'll be praying for both of you. Keep us posted!

I think I forgot to post my exercise from Thursday. It was much like Tuesday. 40 min on the magic machine and 10 laps.

I went to hubby's show tonight. I'm also working on clearing off our huge bar in the kitchen. It collects things, ya know?

Then on to the taxes. [Big Grin]

The weather is nice .. will be 77 tomorrow for the high. I love it!

[ 06-26-2017, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! We re back. Wonder what happened.

Hiker hope tomorrow goes well. Ty for your help with my weeds!

Good for you tutu clearing off that bar...I have 3 table tops in kitchen/dining area...same thing

I'm pretty sore this morning but its beautiful out...cool and breezy...my kind of weather and there is a lot of clean up from potting so I'm going out early to do that

Then I really need to reschedule bone scan and blood tests. Etta goes to vet wed and me to shoulder doc to see what's going on with the other shoulder

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ps...the last few days the humidity has been low and the wind has been coming from the right direction so I could keep Windows open and it the breeze coming in is making my house smell like roses instead of moldy cars!!! So nice!
Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the 60's when I was outside this morning. Did yard work for an hour and then some balance exercises.

Raining now, so Alex will have to mow tomorrow.

Went to chiropractor and am now releasing toxins.

Picked up my new glasses and signed the consent form for my eye surgeries. I am getting nervous about tomorrow.

Spent a long time talking to the social worker at my parent's retirement center. She is going to pay them a visit at the end of the week to offer up the same suggestions my brother and I have been making.

Off to figure out dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Oh thank God we're up and running again. Was going through withdrawals!

Went to the gym but just to visit and let the nurses know about my Mom. People there were so sympathetic.

Ran a couple errands today. Wasn't called in to work so have been just vegging.

Hiker-Praying for you and your Mom! I've completely lost my motivation for exercise. Don't know what happened. Could be worried about Mom and new temp job. Also harassment from ex isn't helping.

TuTu-Glad you guys are still getting some exercise in! I've been trying to straighten a few things up too. Just the coffee table and my junky dresser top so far.

Kayak-Hope your shoulder appointment goes well, and little Etta too. Is that the shoulder that needs surgery?

Guys I sure am tired today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a little more pep in my step.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang.

I went to PT this morning and had to come home real quick due to diarrhea. Have no idea what's up with that other than MCAS stuff.

Rested for a few hours .. slept a little and then went to pick up a silk floral arrangement I had redone. It looks really nice. I had a new arrangement put in a ceramic angel I bought many years ago in remembrance of my mother.

I sort of feel OK .. sort of not.

Hope I can make it to the city for acupuncture tomorrow. My shoulder has been bothering me more since last week. Hope he will fix it.

Hiker .. I'll be praying for you and your mom. You will do far better than you think!

AK .. stay calm. You Ex can go sit on a toadstool!! Hope your mom is feeling better very soon.

kayak.. the roses were beautiful...such a pretty color. Maybe you can hold off on the shoulder surgery until you get the oxalates lowered more. Believe me, it really helps the pain once you get them lowered enough.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

I guess I wasn't clear. The shoulder appt is for the other shoulder. Mot the one I have needed replaced for about 3 yrs. The pain in the other shoulder started after diverticulitis when tx was flagyl and cipro. I've never taken more than a few days of cipro because my tendons start to hurt and docs agree to give me something different. This time I didn't feel pain so I took all 10 days. Then somewhere along the line I got this bad pain in my upper arm

It has ended up being my worst pain since stomach pain of diverticulitis stopped. And that's a lot of pain. I'm still seeing knee doc and having pain from surgery. And the shoulder that needs to be replaced hurts if I use it by accident...and when I sleep. Very hard to find comfy position

But the new arm pain is worse than both of those. If I rule out that it has to be replaced then I guess I 'll focus on what I can do to fix it. If it has to be replaced it means I have to push to get other one done. There is a full yr recovery. And then plan to get this one done

Having both shoulders hurt is very disabling. It makes it much harder to type

Good luck with surgery hiker. I 'll be thinking about you.

Tutu the D. Happened to me this week too but I'm pretty sure its cuz I doubled up on mag and c by accident...I'm going in the other direction now that I only take one of each a day instead of 2

A k Nn hope they call you and it goes good

First thing this morning I cleaned up dirt stuff left over from potting all those plants. Then I made my way around yard watering newly planted and flowering plants

It was at the end of the watering when I was near woods and head an animal but couldn't see it. It was big so I turned off hose and got in house fast

I planned to go out and do more but then I heard about the bobcat. Its kinda depressing to be scared to play in the gardens

I did register car and make appt for inspection. Also found bone scan number...need to schedule that. I could get fasting blood in morning...

I 'll make a new list in morning. Does anyone know why lymenet is doing that?

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

http://www.wmur.com/article/woman-80-suffers-bobcat-bites-to-face-arm-outside-sunapee-home/10223984

This is just in case you didn't see it on fb. Too close for comfort. 2 attacks on ppl in last few months. And I had one in my yard last christmas

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Came to check on hiker...hope she's doing ok
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just woke up from a nap. Eye surgery went fine. They gave them the valium only 15 minutes before, so it mainly kicked in after I got home.

I do have a splitting headache, but they warned me in advance of that.

The nurse really struggled to get in all the drops. I don't tilt my head back due to getting positional vertigo. One the drops is a sticky like gel, so they can slide the lens into the eye that the laser shoots through.

I think I have sticky goo all over my face and my eye keeps getting stuck shut. LOL

I am praying there is no inflammation and am going to energy healer tomorrow morning, so she can work on that.

I got up and did a 20 minute prayer walk this morning to calm myself before surgery.

LP--sounds like you are checking items off your list. When is the man and his brother coming to work on the house?

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yay, hiker!! Well done! So happy it is over and now you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Kayak.. just keep an eye and ear out. Is Etta always on a leash? Gotta keep her safe.

I went to acupuncture today and he adjusted my back. Nearly every vertebrae was out of whack. I was having really bad rib pain in the front and it is gone. Whew.

I was so relaxed when I got out, but then we went to eat and when we got home I went to exercise. So much for "relaxed."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Hiker...so glad it went well. I'm not sure if the guy will do it. He said they would but put price up 200 to 800 because I asked if the could put frames back on. The soonest they can do it is August but they haven't given me date

The house is closed in. It looks a little funny-2 tone if you look at it on an angle.

I am way behind on medical and one thing is rib pain near where my cancer was so I really need to get that done. Its scary cuz of dye and anaphalexis

And the lawn needs attention and I want to play in garden a little

And I really want to fix van and go see grand kids...

And I have little projects in the house...reorganizing...tossing stuff

So I have plenty to do. It might be easier to get some one to do it next spring...the little piece in front and the whole back

We 'll see. I tried to go to sleep at 11 but couldn't so got up and read research studies on oxalates to make myself sleepy

Hope I can sleep now

A k? Maybe she worked!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday 2:04 a.m.-Went to the late movies with Josh. We saw Wonder Woman. Lots of special effects, not a lot of character development.

I love the older movies where there was tons of dialogue and characters were memorable.

No exercise today or work.

TuTu:I am kinda stressing out a bit. Maybe exercise isn't a bad idea right now.

I know what you mean about feeling so so. MCAD sure has weird symptoms. Mine come and go, especially feeling flushed and off. I felt much better when I was fasting.

Kayak-Oh no! I didn't realize both of your shoulders hurt! Hang in there. Sounds like you're getting a lot of things around the house taken care of. Oh and be very careful of wildlife. Can you take maybe a knife or pepper spray or both with you while outside.

Hiker-What kind of eye surgery did you have? You're eyes getting stuck together reminded of the time I tried to put on false lashes. Yep, glued my eyes shut. Never again.

I wasn't to nervous before my surgery. It was just during and after until I could medicate myself. Was yours painful? I wish they would have given me a Valium or something!

I hope you recovery soon!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Oh man. I just scheduled bone scan for Monday to get it over with. I've been putting it off cuz I couldn't connect with tech to tell her about mcad and how ice had 3 reactions to dye so far. They all tell me no one reacts to the dye they use and then when I get sx they dismiss it I guess cuz I'm still conscious

I need to do this tho. I have had a very specific pain in my ribs under my right arm since before they found breast cancer 3-4 yrs ago. Trying to figure out this pain is why they found my breast cancer! And the cancer can go to bones from the breast. So I have to do this. I'm very scared. They give you injection and then they want you to go home for 3 hrs and then come back for scan. I'm not sure I should leave hospital. I think I should hang out there just in case. I don't have anyone to babysit me for the 3 hrs so it seems best to be in hospital

Tutu...does this make sense...1.pre medicate...I have call into allergist to tell me highest doses I can take. 2. Make sure tech knows my history

3. Eat really low histamine a few days before test. And I guess as low ox as I am. Which I think is medium. But it includes the tablespoon of almond butter I was eating every day....that has been gone for awhile and I think that is probably what put me over the line to symptoms

Does that sound like a good plan. Tutu?

I 'll probably be back later. Its early. I'm waiting for tech to call. Really pretty day after storms...I hope I can weed my very front bed...not many weeds. And then just mow in front of them. It really looks scruffy. More weeds than grass in the lawn

That will make me happy

This morning I noticed the screens on 2 of the new windows are coming apart. Idk if it happened from storm or if it was like that when delivered or if worker broke them

With a house its always one more thing

Ok. Hope everyone has a good day. Ttyl

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked about 20 minutes this morning.

Saw energy healer to work on eye inflammation. Feel a bit toxic from the valium and those toxins are coming out now.

I will be glad when the second iridotomy is done on July 11.

Mom went to orthopedic doc today and he recommended water therapy. She did not want to do it, but her friend is bringing her a swimsuit on Friday. Yeah!

Doc also suggested she consult GP and taper off her Tramadon. Felt she had been on it too long and it is a combo of a narcotic and anti-depressant. Not sure why GP picked that particular drug for her pain.

I called mom and just as I thought she was going to try and taper the drug herself. Dad was cutting up pills. I made her promise to wait until I could talk to the MD. But knowing this GP, it may be several weeks before she gets back to me. Sheesh.

Last thing I need is my mother going through withdrawal.

Went and bought organic meats today and think it is now time to relax a bit.

Later: Mom's GP did get back to me. Miracles really do happen and she called in person. So, I have a way to help my mom taper her narcotic when her pain is lower. YEAH!

[ 06-28-2017, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I got behind... but I have read everyone's responses.

I went to a new show today and really loved it. It was bluegrass, which I didn't think I would like that much, but it was great.

The two lead singers were people I've seen before in other shows here and they are both awesome. Then the "pickers" were beyond amazing.

The banjo player has played for Keith Urban and is the grandson of a famous country singer (deceased). Just tons of talent on that stage.

Anyway, I then went to lunch with the bunch who went to the show. It's a group I belong to.

I'm tired!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Slow start until about 5:00 p.m. No work so went outside and trimmed bushes and some tree branches and shrubs along side the fence. Kept my peepers open for ticks. Picked up limbs and put brush in lawn bag then watered the desert lawn. Out there over 2 hours so some exercise today.

Kayak-I'd stay at the hospital. That way if you do have a reaction you'd be safe. You prepare a whole lot more than I do. Course I'm on a lot of antihistamines though. I still react badly to some meds though, especially pain, muscle relaxers and sleeping pills.

Hiker-I hear ya on the toxins! I feel crappy taking any central nervous system depressant. It's a shame because I need something to calm me down. The best for me is Diphenhydramine and a little alcohol. How is your eye? So you have to have another surgery?

Oh, FYI, my Mom's GP's NPR told her to taper off her pain meds and it hasn't even been a week yet! Needless to say my poor Mom was in terrible pain so I told her to continue the every 6 hours that they mentioned at the ER. She feels much better!

TuTu-I didn't realize that you're a member of a show and lunch gang! Um...can you see me turning a little green down here? That sounds like so much fun! Outside of my Mom and Josh I still do things solo. Hopefully that will change.

Guess I'll try to unwind for the night! See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I agree... stay at the hospital, kayak. Take some books.

Yep, we are called the Wild Bunch, AK! LOL!! We get great discounts on the shows. The theaters love it when we show up en masse.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--I agree with Tutu. Stay at hospital once you get that dye for the bone scan.

Ak-Yardwork is definitely exercise!!!!

I walked and did my balances exercises--about 40 minutes.

Have a splitting headache. Not sure if it is my new glasses or if it is allergies. My glasses are bit tight around the ears and nose, so maybe I need to take them to be adjusted.

I am afraid to bend the metal frames myself--don't want to break a brand new pair. Can't believe how expensive they are.

I can't seem to get motivated to do chores and rain is on the way, so I really should be doing some outside work or finish up grocery shopping.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. same here. I just had my glasses adjusted yesterday. Trying to get them right before we go to Texas. I like to wear them outdoors for the sunglasses built in.

I keep getting a headache if I wear them too long. I don't wear them all day.

So...I need to go back again tomorrow since I got a headache today again from wearing them.

Definitely don't mess with them yourself.

We are getting rain/storms in the early morning hours .. or maybe 5 - 6 a.m.

Going to hubby's show again tonight.

Went to PT and to exercise today.

35 min on the machine and 6 laps... I was short on time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Went shopping around with Mom today. She was going stir crazy so we had an outing. Now I'm at Josh's for a John Wick movie marathon. 2 movies to watch and it's almost 9:30!

No exercise, just running around.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked 22 minutes.

Got my hair cut. Had to sit outside salon until she was ready for me due to all the hair spray.

Went for my wellness check with MD.

Took my glasses to be adjusted. They have a machine that heats the metal frame to bend it without breaking. I didn't have a clue about that, so am glad I didn't attempt it myself.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew...so glad you let them do it, hiker. They've always had something to heat them up with. Even if they don't have a machine, they have some kind of granules that heat it up.

I got mine adjusted too and picked up hubby's new ones. They really have his prescription messed up. Long story. I can't believe how bad his vision has been and I guess 90% of it was due to YEARS of incorrect lenses. WHAT???

I ran errands and am getting ready to leave town on Monday. Lots to do. Traffic in town was awful .. more to come.

I woke up with a painful body. Not sure what did it.. several possibilities. I feel better now.

My ears are ringing too... so usually it's FOODS. Yuck!

AK .. Glad you and you mom were able to get out! I hate being stuck inside! That's for sure!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Ran a couple of errands with Mom. Josh came by for dinner so great family time.

No exercise today.

Hiker-I got my haircut last week. My Mom thinks it's to short but I love it! Don't have to style it or anything. How's your eye doing? Is your vision OK after surgery? Hope and pray your Mom is doing better.

TuTu-There's always so much to do before vacation! Takes me awhile to figure out what to take and then I try to clean house a little so I don't have to come home to a mess. Even so I love vacations!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I try to clean too! Gotta wash my sheets today!

We will only be gone 5 days, so I don't have that much to pack .. just very important stuff I can't forget!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went grocery shopping for myself and my parents.

Did a bit of yard work and one load of laundry.

Think I have a touch of a virus and feel so toxic, so taking it easy the rest of the day.

AK--My vision was not affected by the eye surgery. Can't wait to get the left eye done and sure hope the holes they laser into the irises stay there!

Text a picture of your new pixie cut, AK. I bet it looks cute.

Tutu--Hope you have a lot of fun on your trip! I also like to clean the house before I go on a trip.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Serms like I've been gone forever but I guess it's only 3 days. I read all posts. When I realized worker wouldn't be back I put a lot of catchup appts and things on my schedule and I've been very busy getting them done

I met with possible new worker twice. He was sent from place I bought Windows to fix broken screens and turns out his fil is a neighbor. He said he would finish my siding in Sept but his price is over twice what I planned. I guess I 'll use him. I'm not sure

I got car registered and inspected but it has to go backnfor some parts. They are taking front seat out for me. Thatvway I can get to bed in back without getting out of van.

I saw shoulder doc and got good report right shoulder has no arthritis so he thinks or to strengthen all muscles around both shoulders will help

So now I have 3 orders for PT...back and shoulder and knee(quads)

Since I won't have workers around I'm going to try to do that all July. Its 3x a week 2 hrs each time

It will be the closest thing I've had to a job in 12 yrs

I'm too tired to remember everything you guys wrote

But I have let myself do a little gardening each day...cleaning up beds...and oh even mowed a little around front yard edges and neighbor came with his big machine anddidthe middle. I have to fit in mowing back yard next week

I've walked Etta a few times too

Tonight I was sitting in my living room watching really big fireworks out a window. I never saw them so close. It would have scared me but fire station was between me and fireworks so I figure d it was ok. I tried to take pics but camera on new phone isn't working

I think the local birds like my baby trees. I have noticed more and different kinds of birds...a bluebird and hummingbird and the. Orange ones. I just found a 3rd nest in my blue spruce. The parents were mad cuz I was weeding

There's some bad storms coming soon. There have been 4 tornado warnings today and a funnel cloud...is that what you call it...on the ground in Maine

Those were all north of me but we will get the next batch

Tomorriws gonna be nice but I have to make myself do some cleaning first...then reward myself with garden time later

Hiker that is good gp got back to you. I never could take tramadol...so many docs pushed that on me.

Tutu...that is so cool that you get to go to all those shows. I wonder if that would motivate me to go out...I'm such a loner now

A k I'm not sure if I said this but keep thinking your Sandy lawn would make ticks very uncomfortable so you should just be happy about that

Of gees....I forgot to tell you about Etta...I was a wreck for 3 days over her and vet and tricky way to get urine out of her and having it not be right and waiting for blood test but for now its wait and see. I'm thinking about scrounging up enough doxy to treat her myself cuz she isn't herself and I know she had engorged ticks and I hate the way the vets here wait for them to get so sick before they treat them

I need to get into eye doc and podiatrist soon...I'm happy about the way my perm is growing hour after she trimmed it

Well. Have a good trip tutu

See you all soon I hope

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-No exercise today. Most of my day was wasted waiting on ex to call so we could meet and pick up my alimony check. He was 30 minutes late and as usual upset me. Hoping and praying government will send me half his retirement so I won't have to have contact with him.

Afterwards tired to calm down and took Mom to the PX and commissary again for a few things. Then came home and made a bunch of chicken fried rice so invited Josh again for dinner. Josh used my Mom's new air fryer and made egg rolls.

TuTu-When me and Mom came to your neck of the woods I was worried how many things I'd forget. One day to figure out what to take and left the next morning. As long as I have my meds I figure I'm good to go! LOL!

Hiker-I'll text you a pic tomorrow! I was hoping to get some more yard work done myself but it rained today. I'm getting kind of down in the dumps so need to get more active. Was going to try to make it to church tonight but was out with Mom at 6:00 p.m. when the service starts.

Kayak-Glad your good shoulder is OK! You made me laugh (thank you) about PT being a job! 2 hours each time?! What are they going to do? Make you workout from head to toe?

Sure hope little Etta will be OK.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement