LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you can do today: Jan. 7

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you can do today: Jan. 7
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you ready for another week? Let us know what you can do. Walking, dancing, pumping iron, shoveling snow. etc. Join us!

I am enjoying my last day of freedom. Back at work tomorrow, although it is just teacher meetings.

Finally took the pinecone wreath off the front door.

Am doing lots of laundry today, but taking the day off other exercise to rest my sore knee.

Expecting freezing rain today. Put out some salt on the drive and walkway. And yesterday it was 4 degrees. Today it is near 30. Go figure.

Relaxing this afternoon with a bit of reading and T.V.

Have a great week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hiker. I texted with tutu. She might be offline. Still in Texas. Emptying a storage

I have been trying to reorganize my finance papers. They are a mess. Its overwhelming for me and a lot of miles are making me mold sick

I hoped to make more progress than I did these last 3 days since it has been 0 and below

I'm glad it will begin to warm up tomorrow and hope I can walk Etta everyday this week. It will depend on if the salt hurts her feet. She refuses booties. She lies down and just looks at me

I'm feeling overwhelmed and depressed but its probably the weather

I should focus on not losing power and the nxt 6 days that will be warm

So do you have kids on Tuesday? Hope they behave for you.

A k ...where are you?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm missing everyone. It's probably the weather.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp--Ak seems to be a night owl and posts later than the rest of us.

Freezing rain here and the roads, I understand, are very hazardous.

Just got email that our Institute Day is cancelled for tomorrow. I hate to waste a snow day already as we have to add on to the end of the school year.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

That's too bad. We are warming up and getting flurries tomorrow but ice again at end of week. Ice and 40s they said. Hmmmm.

Good night.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks Hiker for getting us going this week. I did laundry today too and cooked spaghetti, garlic rolls and made a salad for dinner. Also used three older honey crisp apples to make a fruit crisp. Josh came over for dinner and we had a relaxing evening.

It's warming up a bit down here too and we might get some rain. I need to pop some more weeds out of the lawn if I can this week.

Kayak-I would say chase those winter blues away with a chick flick but lately they make me cry! Too bad Etta won't wear her booties. Josh's dog Ada isn't thrilled with the jacket I bought her but likes it better than the sweater. Jacket fits much better and covers her chest more.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well...I slept good...need to be greatful for that. It doesn't always happen

Got up with a plan and am following it. Just condensed 2 totes of old medical stuff down to 1 small one. Thru a lot a way. I'm airingbout living room now...the papers are a little moldy. I wear a mask while I do it now. I did find a few important things I've been looking for

Next up is shower...get dressed and take Etta for real walk if I can. She has already been out on long leash and happy. Now that its even warmer I can put a pillo out for her to sleep on...she's happy just smelling new smells....

I have phone calls to make too. One is workers comp lawyer. He calls me every few years...I think he's required by law. Makes am appt for me to talk to him. Then he makes me wait 4 hrs and refuses to call me. He's supposed to be representing me. But obviously is in bed with the school district. If I could get some kind of settlement to pay for the kind of help I need it would make a big difference in how I live. But so far he seems to cover his butt and protect the school district

Ok..enough negative stuff

I don't link chic flicks anymore. I like dramas and good movies about getting old. I've been watching black harbor on Amazon. I always like setting by ocean. They just killed off the grandma character I related too tho...shoot.

I did tape golden globes and made some notes for future...when they are cheap.

Seems like it may be the year of. The woman.

Can't really handle politics or bad stuff anymore. I used to be a fighter. Now I just walk away. It takes all my fight just to stay alive that's days

The plan is to get rid of all these papers...and start living. I can't do movies but I think I can go to our little opera house. They fixed the handicap entrance. I'm gonna work towards that

And try to be sure the one construction job planned for this year is done in 1 to 2 weeks at the most. Not dragged on 8 months like last year. That for sure messed me up

Hope tutu is ok. I think she could use some prayers and positive energy sent her way. She's doing something hard

A k I'm glad you have the family interaction but my wish for you this year is that you find a special someone and a job you like

Hiker...I just want you to be done with work and start having some FUN!!!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was bummed that we had a snow day on a teacher institute day. Now we have to make it up at the end of the year.

It was slick out, but the main roads were clear and other districts near us had school.

I went out 3 times to clear the drive and pathways of snow and ice. So, that was my hour of exercise for the day.

It will begin to melt this week in time for the snow storm coming on Friday.

Otherwise I have had a lazy day--reading and watching recorded T.V. shows.

Praying for everyone on this forum including Tutu.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I ended up having a very productive day. I need new glasses and so looking at fine print is hard.

I have 2 printers and can't make either work. I'm thinking of biting a cheap black and white one. But they are more expensive than i remember. I don't want wireless. And don't dare about how loud or fast it is. I'm thinking about a 'brother' for 78th 79.

Tomorrow I have pt

And it will be warm...36...and they are telling us to shovel roofs cuz rain is coming at end of week

I also have some drifting snow that should be moved but that is at the end of the list

So I'm thinking tomorrow I will take a break and do physical stuff. I feel depressed if ibdont move enough. But then wed and thurs try to finish up the paperwork and be ready to start taxes

Hope everyone is ok. Your for cast doesn't sound great hiker.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--can you reload the printer driver for your printers? Sometimes that helps.

My hp printer/scanner/copier cost $50 (model hpdeskjet 2655). The ink is what is expensive. Just don't order from jet.com

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Ran errands with Mom then watched SEC college football championship game. So exciting it wore me out.

Kayak-I would love to find a fulfilling job. And as to looking for someone...I just don't know. I'm still weirded out from my second divorce. Sustained quite a bit of emotional damage and need time to heal. Thanks for mentioning TuTu.

Hiker-I don't know how you handle all that shoveling! I sure don't miss it. I hurt my SI joint and hip from all that dancing on New Year's. That's a first for me. Trying stuff at home to work on loosing those joints.

Hope you all stay warm!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Good morning! I'm at Josh's again waiting for the electrician. When they installed his bathroom fan they didn't put on any ductwork so the moist air just goes into the attic.

[cussing]

They charged him for ductwork to boot!

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm going To go back and reply to you guys but first...I am so confused. Someone on fb was talking about dr jones. I googled him to get office info. I found a report from office manager saying he was taking new patients 11/17

And then I saw am obituary. I'm so confused. Dies anyone know?

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Sorry I don't know about the doctor.

Ak--I had to get duct work in my attic, too, when they installed the new fan.

Long day of teaching. It's always hard to get back into the swing of work.

So, no other exercise today.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker...I don't understand about reloading driver

I wish i was closer to you A k. A or once taught me how to get my si to pop back together by standing in a doorway and doing something

Ak!!!! You mold warrior you! It's so good you caught the fan thing. That is a very common way for houses to get moldy and whole families to get sick

I don't feel right. I went to pt. She is very good but has to let me go cuz scar and lymph are better. I know how to do self drainage now. I can only do 1 of 5 shoulder exercises. So if I get a prescription from shoulder doc I can go back to her for that

Hope tutu is ok. I haven't heard from her

I'm not feeling great...but not totally out of it like some I know with flu

I had a really hard time talking today to pt. Very bad halting speech. Had to close my eyes to get a sentence out

Then after felt weak...almost like low blood sugar. I came home and ate and rested but really had to go out and get snow off roof. I did about 1/3 of what needs to be done. It was warmish...32...but I felt cold. I think cuz of virus or whatever I have. It will be warmer tomorrow and next day so I will go out for about am hour like today. There are many warnings about getting snow off roofs before heavy rain on Fridays.

If I can't do it I will call plow guy

I don't feel right. I'm forcing fluids and mostly sleeping.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hope you guys are all ok. I just did my hour of raking the roof. There was a foot on it up at peak and on north side. Very good its off with big rain coming Fridays. Good exercise for me...except it's ruff on the bad shoulder. I hate Tylenol but I needed it on top of my diclofenec and all the anti Indian supps

Only 1 more day I hope. I have small piece of roof and will try to pull away any snow that is next to foundation

If there's too much I 'll call the kid

This morning I made some progress with finances. Its not as bad as I think. But I need a better way to organize cuz of my eyes. And also...so much paper attracts mold

I wish I could find a jumbo size spread sheet online... To save my eyes...

I don't like not hearing from tutu in so long

Hope you 2 chime in later.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Careful with the roof. Most of our snow has melted, but we are getting freezing rain tomorrow evening.

Do you use excel--you can just type the font large and make it landscape. Same with a google spreadsheet.

Had fun at work today with my science classes, but am worn out.

Went to library after work to check on using the community room for 110 kids to watch a movie. Cheaper than a movie theater and within walking distance.

Am too worn out to exercise. All the good work I did over break will become obsolete soon. [bonk]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well I understand your words about the spread sheet. I 'll see if I can do that.

They changed our forecast. Its in the 20 s now. Wed nite. Its going To get warmer all night and tomorrow but precip starts at 3 a m and goes all day. It will start sleet I guess and end rain.

I still have to get the north roof cleared. Its small but deep. And I wanted to get snow away from house...its a mold thing

I hope the freezing rain doesn't make it slippery. Its supposed to go up to 46!

I did more on finances. Its mostly good.

My insurance company said the plastic surgeon put the claim in wrong. And I'm not responsible. But the bookkeeper called me today and said I was wrong

I just told her it was her job to do it right and I wasn't paying it

Idk what will happen. I'm really worn out. Her office has been incompetent from the beginning. Not even handicap accessible. And they don't care.

I texted with tutu. She's exhausted ... Still working on her storage stuff

I've got candles etc Al ready...but I don't think there's wind so as long as no one slides off the road and knocks down a pole I should be ok

Nite. I guess I write more when I'm housebound...not playing with my flowers all day

Nite.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Long day of doctor and MRI appointments.
I had my allergist followup in regards to my not breathing episode last month.

Definite anaphylaxis episode possibly caused by food. Also Doc reiterated again how my histamine level was so high not normally seen in someone with MCAD but in mastocytosis. Since treatment was helping he's leaning towed MCAD.

Told me I need to get health insurance.

[Frown]

Mom had an MRI at Emory Hospital in ATL. Just checking her liver.

About to fall asleep so later gang.

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A k. You have to get serious about diet. Find substitutions. Start a serious good list to figure out what your triggers are. What your bod y can't take

The histamine list is way easier to understand than the the oxalate one. So be glad for that

I know i must not eat pumpkin or pineapple.
I know I can have a few slices of tomato or a small amount of red sauce but if I overdo with tomato I'm in trouble

Now that hospitals and my gi doc refuse to help with diverticulitis I am more careful because it gets life threatening fast
Let me know if you want my lists...but we are all different so you have to figure it out yourself

Love you....talk later

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Bummer about MCAD. Hope you can find some cheaper health insurance.

Went grocery shopping after school. Store was a madhouse.

We are supposed to get enough freezing rain tonight just to make tomorrow's commute to school a bit difficult.

But I don't want school cancelled. We already have to make up one day and I prefer to be home in the summer rather than in the winter.

Knee has been bothering me and legs feel heavy today, so am going to be a couch potato.

[group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hey hiker...does the doc think the knee is arthritis. I know it's bothered you in the past

And what do you think is going on with the legs

I thought today would be easy outside but I was wrong. Everything was melting but the water couldn't drain away from house cuz of ice and snow banks

I set up for the boy to come at 3 but I started about 11 and mostly worked from wc...chopping....salting....chopping somewhere else while salt worked...I just kept plugging away into kid came at 345. I needed him to shovel around the whole house so the first couple feet were down to dirt...I had taken most of snow off roof....but if the rain we have coming melted that much snow I w as really afraid water would make itself into house

I hope it won't. I've spent so much money and time and energy on fixing this house...I just don't know how I would handle a flood

Well...I hope you feel better. I'm glad its your last year teaching

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Errands today and a load of laundry. Then Mom and I went to see Riverdance. It was awesome! Irish/Celtic music/singing was hauntingly beautiful. And the dancing! Could feel the energy bursting forth from the stage! Feet of flames, they moved so fast, pounding like thunder. OMG!!!

Kayak-You are right! I have to get serious about my diet. Josh teases me about just being able to eat organic, nonGMO, cruelty-free celery and drink reverse osmosis water. Hope it's not that bad!

Hiker-Nothing wrong with couch potato days! I've been a bit sluggish myself lately.

Well guys, as you can imagine, I'm a bit bummed about my health and diet. Gotta psych myself up!

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Riverdance sounds wonderful!

lp--Looks like our weather is coming your way. My town escaped the ice, but my parents town did not. I wanted to go visit them this weekend, but the roads are still not good and I bet their parking lot is a sheet of ice.

Rode exercise bike 10 minutes and even that hurt my knee.

My knee problem is chondromalacia and I have had it a long time, but it is getting much worse. It also causes the thigh muscle to tighten because I am sure I favor that leg.

When is Tutu back home?

I have a 3 day weekend! [woohoo]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was dx with that a long time ago. Then it was clear it was osteo arthritis...

I remember the only treatment was strengthening quads

This odd weather has me off balance

I was so exhausted after yesterday. I am sleeping with dreams each night and I'm so greatful for that. After so many years of insomnia its wonderful to be able to sleep. And I can tell my bod y needs it

Today I was very slow to get moving but then decided to try to get some errands done that I have been putting off

I went to dealer that sold me can and they fixed air in tires that got goofed up from cold. I always could do that my self but they do it free and I don't have to hurt my hands or stress my brain

Then I went for very overdue pedicure. My nails are cutting into toes and I've been thinking I should go to foot doc but having trouble getting to good one. I hate the pedi cuz of the smells but there is no way I can cut all 10 nails with this shoulder

I asked if they had scent free stuff and they said no but I could bring My own so I guess I will do that

Oh...I canceled pt...I had awful sore throat when I woke up and could hardly walk I was so sore. She thought I would cancel cuz of weather anyway

I had to make a few calls...to docs and about bills and stuff

But I also got some groceries...had to get frozen veggies cuz my farm store is closed til march

Then at home it was finally raining...most snow washed off roof but that were ice jams in the drive. I worked on them and found 3 storm drains I couldn't find yesterday and cleared them out

Played with Etta and ate and got going on preliminary tax stuff

I'm making progress. The brother printer is coming in mail tomorrow. I hope I can set it up. Then I can get serious about tax stuff

Tonight I started watching Little Men on Amazon. I finished Black Harbour yesterday and needed something new. I never read it. I remember reading Little Women when I had the measles

I'm not sure when tutu s coming back. It will be a long drive. I don't think she's online where she is. And she said her Phone was full...of pics I think

Well yea! For 3 day weekend. Enjoy.

Hang in a k. I have some high and low histamine lists on my fridge if you want me to take pics and send your way I will..just let me know

So wierd to hear it pouring. Tomorrow around noon we get flash freeze and all turns to ice. There may be flooding caused by rain melting and ice jams. I'm as ready as I can be. I think I 'll be ok

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Ran errands solo today. Came home and Mom passed on dinner I made. After I was done eating she came into the livingroom and said she needed to speak with me.

The doctor called her today in regards to her MRI this past Wednesday.

She has liver cancer. A one centimeter spot.

We're waiting on a call from her liver specialist who has been following up on her cirrhosis for a number of years.

I haven't told Josh or my brother and his family yet.

I'm in shock.

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Sending up prayers big time. [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A k ...I am so so sorry

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to work this morning to plan some lessons and run off worksheets.

Ran a few errands and ended up at coffe shop for a cup of peppermint vanilla java. I usually get decaf, but today I didn't and now I am wired.

Walked 20 minutes this morning at rec center--about a mile.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I walked Etta 15 min and then visited with neighbor for 5 min...it was really cold. I put her in and chopped the left over ice in drive. It was about 7 ft by 15 ft and a lot was 2 to 3 inches think...but its all chopped up and pushed to side of drive now

I did some paperwork and watched some tv too

Etta and I both want more and longer walks. I hope the weather cooperates

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Support group meeting that we moderated went especially well.....since we had help from above. Lotta prayer going on in that group!

Super exhausted but told Josh and my brother Carl about Mom's liver cancer. Devastation all around us!

Sorry guys....my eyelids can't stay opened.

Night!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aklnwlf,

SO sorry about your mom. My mom is in a remission from lung cancer treatment, but has severe emphysema, and tires so easily. We are all just waiting for the other shoe to drop, but hoping it's a long way off. It's good you have a sound support system, and I am happy to join in and send up a prayer and good thoughts your way.

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement