LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Confirmation on Disulfiram with Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confirmation on Disulfiram with Lyme
Charlie Fitzgerald
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Fitzgerald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://news.northeastern.edu/2018/05/10/ticks-creep-into-the-city-bringing-lyme-disease-with-them/

Article Dated May 10th 2018, this is most likely a confirmation that Disulfiram works on waking up dormant borrelia persister cells and killing them!

I tried the drug and I never herxed so much in my life, it has helped me from relapsing after being off antibiotics. Looks very promising.

Key points here were "And they found one that works in mice" and "without exterminating our gut bacteria."

From my understanding, they were going through a trial stage using Disulfiram on mice with lyme and Disulfiram doesn't kill of gut bacteria, so the compound he's most likely hinting to is Disulfiram.

I know for a fact it works after taking it, but the problem still at hand is biofilms, even though this drug wakes up dormant persister cells and kills them. You'll probably still have dormant cells left behind that hide in the biofilms, most likely this drug can't reach, so there in lies another problem.

I'm not sure what happened to that Curza CZ-1-99 drug that was supposed to kill of biofilms, been a few years and I haven't heard nothing. It was supposed to be in 2nd stage trials like 3 years ago http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-drug-research-company-curza-takes-aim-at-lyme-disease

My feeling is that LLMDs should be treating with Disulfiram since it's a lot safer than persister cell drugs like Dapsone. Still can be harsh on the liver taking "long" periods of time, but it looks very promising.

They found Disulfiram works even more effectively with a copper supplement, look up Disulfiram and tuberculosis, Disulfiram and cancer...

There's a lot of lyme patients that still don't understand why they're relapsing so fast, research dormant persister cells with AIDs(Viruses), Lyme, MRSA, Cancer etc... This is why you relapse, it only takes a few cells that regular antbiotics can't kill for the infection to come raging back. Regardless of the monthly life cycle of borrelia, you still have the biofilms that come raging back, which the borrelia forms. Antibiotics like doxy and flagyl only kill of half a portion of biofilms when used. I suspect biofilms are the main reason people feel so fatigued. Interesting article on biofilms and fatigue. When I take stevia with antbiotics, I get a blast of energy but it wears off after a few weeks. Using Stevia with Disulfiram would probably be a good idea...

"Biofilms Causing Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
https://www.sciencenews.zone/2017/11/biofilms-causing-fibromyalgia-and.html

We're getting closer, but still waiting... I hate how something like Disulfiram is an FDA approved drug, but it takes so damn long to approve in treatment, yet they give the green light on opioid drugs and vaccines, makes me sick! Capitalism!!!

"Goldman Sachs & Big Pharma Admit Cures Aren't Profitable"
https://youtu.be/q62J9bQwE_w
https://youtu.be/pFn0UqgRrx8

Posts: 108 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Fitzgerald
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Fitzgerald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So just a thought there, kind of a coincidence....

I have really bad allergies and my eyes were on fire today from the pollen, I took a Claritin today, aka Loratadine, the same stuff that was recently reported to kill lyme bacteria. Well I herxed pretty bad after taking that today with Disulfiram... These two together may be a good alternative for the lyme patients that can't tolerate antibiotics... I never herxed on Claritin before, go figure....?

Maybe even taking Disulfiram+Claritin+Stevia+Copper together, maybe a good protocol. Especially since none of these harm your gut flora from my understanding...

Believe me, even though I support antibiotics over everything else, for now... I'm sick of being on them too! I've tried endless amounts of herbs, vitamins, supplements... Disulfiram is probably the best non-antibiotic drug that has helped me herx the most, that and Stevia! I'm blown away how much Stevia has helped my fatigue, give me energy and what I suppose kills the biofilms.

To the struggle, cheers!

Posts: 108 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement