LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What Can You Do Today? Aug. 5, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What Can You Do Today? Aug. 5, 2018
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go.........another week of shaking and baking!

Anything goes for exercise on this thread.

The goal is to move in any way that you can.

Gardening, cooking, swimming, walking, kayaking, skiing, crafts, etc.

Let's go gang!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6154 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful with that baking, AK! [Big Grin]

Spent most of the day responding to letter IRS sent my parents about their 2016 tax return. Their taxes are so complicated and trying to find all the forms really "taxed" me. Hopefully the IRS will accept my forms and explanation.

Will call their accountant tomorrow.

Going to read and spend time with folks. Champagne and shrimp with snacks tonight to really celebrate mom's 91st.

Have a great week. [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I just mowed the edges of the lawn. 3x I rested for half hour after mowing 15-20 minutes. It was 99. Idk what humidity was. But I'm tired. And in the tub.

Before that I kept laundry going and washed dishes andvreorgsnized some things I need most days into totes instead of open baskets. I think I need to do this all over house cuz I'm going to have to hire someone to at least dust and vacume. Its killing me to do everything. If I cut my living space by a third I think I can afford it.

I texted to have the girl come mow and she's in Michigan so her sister might cone. If not I guess I will do the whole lawn a little at a time

My son is racing his little car in Michigan too. He did good. And I think drives home thru Canada tomorrow

The nurse never called me about getting blood test done so I have to call them but now I don't have car.

I do have Gardner girl coming wed...she sounds nice and has 3 yrs experience with flowers but not trees or shrubs. But says she's willing to learn

I need to go. I might be back. But I did some exercise!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ended up doing yard work for over an hour yesterday, trimming bushes and raking and bagging.

Did go to Wal-Mart first and buy beer for incentive but couldn't find the movie i was looking for at Redbox.

Today I did laundry, repaired the pull cord in the fluorescent light in the kitchen and made dinner and cleaned up afterwards.

Josh usually comes in Sunday so I made baked pork chops in cream of mushroom soup, rice, corn on the cob and zucchini.

Sheesh...no wonder I'm gaining weight!

Tell your Mom happy bday Hiker! Wow 91 is great! Changing the subject, I get stressed out any time I have to deal with the IRS. Hope it wasn't too 'taxing' for you!

Don't know how you managed to cut your grass Kayak! When I do most yard work I have to take a pain pill and muscle relaxer and sometimes Advil too. Don't know what I'm going to do when I run out. Been taking them for years off and on, mostly in the summer when I do yard work, so I have a small stockpile.

Well, looks like I'm going to read like Hiker. I'm still chipping away at that Norman Mailer novel I bought about the cold war.

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6154 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a busy day .. see you tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steamy hot here. Drove back from my folks and decided already too gross to go for a walk.

Went grocery shopping, to the bank, and to the library. Also dropped my dad's dead printer at electronic recycling and then went to regular recycling.

Very little sleep last night as I was worrying about the IRS for my folks. Got up at 5 and typed a letter to parent's CPA and told them to fax it and all the IRS papers to him before they called him, so he knew what was going on.

My beloved ENT is moving offices and may only be in town for surgeries for awhile. I may have to drive over an hour to see him. Knew I should have gotten the bigger ear tube in June as the little one falls out in 6 months and the bigger one lasts 1-4 years.

I like the audiologist at his old office, so if I get vertigo again, I will still go back there. I hate change!

Kyle, who mows my lawn, has decided he doesn't want to mow anymore after this week. His dad intervented and said he needs to honor his commitment to me to mow the entire season--which goes until start of November around here.

I applaud his dad as I was already looking for someone else and could not find any teen. Adults who have lawn mowing businesses charge too much.

Howver, I wonder how much effort Kyle will now put into doing the job right.

Stressful day. Time to sit and rest. Bet I sleep well tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HOT here too. It hit 97 and feels like 104. Supposed to get rain tomorrow and then cooler for a few days. I don't know when the rain will arrive.

It's windy today so makes me worry about storms tomorrow.

Got out early today for another orthotic appointment and then a cardiology appointment. All is good. Still working on the feet. I'm having trouble with apparent arthritis in my left foot. Metatarsal area. Seeing a podiatrist next week.

Then I went to the grocery store .. after that, I spent an hour trying to cool off. Feels good inside now!

Hiker .. I hate change too.. the older we get, the worse it is. I hope the IRS stuff gets straightened out soon. I loathe messing with them!!

Praying that the ear situation will be OK too!!

AK .. Here's hoping you have a great day today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone!

High 90's here and I was moving like a snail in this heat.

Had an eye appointment with the doc that did my eyelid surgeries. He mentioned doing another surgery and I told him my one eye is looking some better and to just wait and see. So I go back in February I think. I'm not wanting yet another eyelid surgery. I use fabric mesh and glue on the messed up eyelid and so far it's ok and lasts 3-4 days.

Hiker we pay a couple $40 to cut, bag and trim our yard. My Mom only likes to pay once a month and it really needs to be cut at least twice. The reel mower I'm using doesn't work on the weeds because they'll too tall. I'm thinking about paying $40 for them to cut it a second time.

TuTu it get's just as hot there as it does here! I was sweltering today and try to do stuff outside close to sunset. I should get up early and do yard stuff then because it's much cooler. I need to start setting my alarm clock!

Well, off to watch TV and chip away at that novel again.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ak the pain pills help me after surgery but if i dont get off them quick i need them daily or get that restless leg thing...and since i now can die from being constipated i just really get off asap they dont help my arthritis or fibro or post lyme nerve pain at all

ak...that thing you do with your eyelid...im so sorry and i know it must be a pain i have a bunch of things like that...doc fixes and then its my job to keep doing stuff...skin cancer scar is ugly and burns and hurts ...i figured out nystatin cream gives me most relief...then i have something no one can figure out in groin area...and something precancerous that need steroid cream 2x a week...it goes on and on...oh and the left side of mastectomy scar and rosacea...all need daily stuff or they get worse...im really sick of all the extra care this old body is needing and tired of doing it all

hiker i hate change too and dealing with teenage workers too!

tutu good you got results on doc appts...everytime that happens we have to be really greatful

super hot here too...today broke more records and was bad but i was stuck home with no car and not show lawn mowing teen ager and very upset about car situation...turns out the dealer sold me the car with a problem with transmission pan that had been repaired ...but they couldnt repair it so they bandaided it with goop...and the goop held for 2 yrs and 10k miles and then just let go my neighbor mehanic was very nice ...after i cried...hate when i do that...he towed the car to his place...an 1/8th of a mile ...but its hard to load it and he checked it all out and told me he thought he could fix i t for 100 bucks today...the dealer would not pay for a tow or give me a loaner car and wouldnt even look at it til next week! so i toll neightbotrto do it...he called back and told me what he found and said too complicated for him and i should have dealer to do it...now im sure dealer is going to tell me its not covered or there is a huge deductible i am going to have trouble finding the warrentees cuz they are still stashed in room from remediation...so so tired of this i just want to survive ...simple life is fine...try to do a little good...

so AAA took car to dealer. they wont look at it til fri unless someone cancles. im on a list to get a loaner car but i missed gettting my blood test today about cyst and tomorrow doesnt look good all the taxis smell wicked bad like smoke and haiir gel...i have other appts too but imjust focussing on next 24 hrs

my brother hadnt woken up but surgery went good thay said...they didn it laprocopically and didnt think they could

his wife said he could talk to us tomorrow...but idk i just want him to wake up....i can wait to talk to him

so i mowed 3/4 of lawn anfter doing edges yesterday i mowed 20-30 min at a time came in and rested and iced myself for an hour the first time but 4 hrs the second time when i cme in the last time after putting mower away and getting nasty clothes off my HR was still 133 im supposed to work out at 120 so maybe i lost some weight...i was too tired to take bath when i came in at 8...i collapsed in chair with ice on by back and etta on my lap i need that shower now...im getting tired of life

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I would bet that it's hotter in your area than mine!! (at least overall)

LP .. That sounds awful .. all of it. Can you get a neighbor to take you for the blood test?

I'm so glad they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically. That's a big plus. Hope you get to talk to him soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

ok...im here to get sane this is alot for someone with only half a brain

its 104 outside humidity in 70s i need to finish back lawn

but first i had to fix phone...i didnt ...i can talk on it if it is plugged in but it is always on 0%

then calls about car i know they are screwing around with me but i dont know how to handle it the guy next door is talking to me and my son...the dealer said they looked at it...they werent going to have time til next week...but i broke down on phone yesterday when they said no loaner cars...so magically they looked at it and said its oil filter housing ... no transmisson problem at all but huy next door son and jiffy lube guy knows the fluied coming out is red so they are lying...i told them to fix it and then i will get it back ...warrenty covers that...then next door guy will check it out...he said maybe they didnt look deep enough to see transmission problem...but i mean there is red stuff everywhenre...im pretty sure they sold me the van knowing it had that tran problem that was bandaided ...so we ll see wht they do it is so crooked around here ...everyone in bed with everyone...so hard to jusr play by the rules...i know the whole country is like this now...even most of the world very hard for me to live this way

also problems with treatment...cyst...even keeping house right to be mold free...i know i need econd dehumidifr...there is so much upkeep i just cant do i...but i cant find anyone to pay to do it

they young woman coming tomorrow to work on garder seems pretty good she has garden training and is willing to learn she is single with one child she lives at daycare im hoping she doesnt smell and will offer her house work job too...

im even worried about etta...shes digging at her ear and looks like something is in there but not big tick...they are back now that there is so much rain after heatwave last month she really goes after me if i try to do anything the vet has told me to bring her in and they will check her free or take it off...but no car she is also biting really bad at her paws and they seem to be bleeding but i cant find cut...vet insitsts she cant have mites cuz of flea and tick stuff she is on...but she and i are really close and i know this is new behavior ffor her

also i thin k i have to face that 2 baby tress have dies...i tried but weather is so extreme and ive been bbusy with family...very important cuz i get so little interaction with them...just heard on tv someone here died of lyme...new bite...have to look that up later.

AK hope you finally got some sleep...im sorry to know about your moms gi issues i missed that still no news from mark...there is a group text with siblings and i think that will be visable to me even if i cant reply

ok i guess we are all dealing with heat...and hiker its so hard when you lose a doc you trust and you have lost too many

im doing my best tutu!i guess it was a good decision to send the van there last night maybe i ll have better news soon

i always hate august cuz i hate heat...just heard that 104 was not temp its high 90 s with 76% humidity...and i havent made it out to do lawn i just needed this brake mentally see ya soon

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--You are dealing with a lot. Take an Epsom salt bath and relax tonight if you can.

Tomorrow will be a new day and God will see you through this mess.

Hope the garden lady works out and she can help you clean, too.

You might want to keep all your room doors open for circulation, so you don't get mold, but only have the person clean the rooms you use most.

Ak--too hot down there for me. I can't imagine mowing the lawn in that heat. Hope you can avoid the eyelid surgery.

Slept well last night. Am herxing today from energy healing, but did manage a 23 minute walk with trekking poles. She reiterated that my body is a mess, but we are working on getting it better.

Ran an errand to get more detox stuff (sheesh--way too expensive).

Cooked a chicken breast.

Waiting for the rain that never seems to come.

Later: Dad emailed and said accountant is going to contact IRS and make it right. It was his errors, so he'd better not charge my folks.

[ 08-07-2018, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I agree on the idea of not closing off the rooms. LP .. you don't need anymore trouble with mold.

Hiker .. So glad the accountant will straighten it out. Hope you make progress with the new healer!

Still waiting for rain over here too. We got some this morning while I was at Bible study at church. It rained for less than 10 minutes. It threatened here and there the rest of the day.

OK .. Time for real rain.

It was cooler today and the rest of the week will be much better.

I went to exercise and did 37 minutes on the machine and 12 laps. I was going to do extra today at the other gym, but my feet hurt.

So .. I picked up a few items in Wally World and at the pharmacy, then over to get some food for us. Hubby already left for the show. They have a substitute drummer for one more show. The real guy is on a short vacation.

I'll be home tonight doing my other Bible study and also hope to try out my new "loom" for making stocking caps for OCC.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Rough night so woke up around 1:00. Made bruschetta for me and Mom, showered and ran errands.

I was at Wally World today also picking up pull chains for ceiling fans and the kitchen light I repaired. Also ran other errands and deliberated at Home Depot for about an hour on how to add height to an existing chain link fence so Pitties next door don't jump it. Leaning towards getting a couple of 5 foot chain link gates to attach to existing fence. Might can get all that done for under $200 with me doing the pickup and labor. Oh joy!

Does deliberating count as exercise?

Kayak was it the transmission pan? That should be an easy fix. I've had to change gaskets and straighten out pans before. I'm with you about this horrible heat! If we can just prop each other up and get through August I'll think we'll be OK! You've got a lot on your plate and hope things will turn around soon!

OK Hiker, I'm jealous of the exercise! If I could sleep I'd feel much better and could squeeze in some gym time. I'm going to my HS 40th reunion in September and that doesn't give me a whole lot of time to do much about anything. Oh and hope you get to feeling better with your new treatments soon!

I had to go to 2 Wally Worlds today TuTu. One just a neighborhood market for my meds and the other was a supercenter for the ceiling fan and light chains. You're really helping to motivate me to get moving. Tomorrow the plan is to clean house but I'd love to get to the gym too. Wondering what loom your using.

Off to read myself to sleep!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hasn't been nearly as hot here, but it's still really humid.

Not too much exercise. My garden is growing like crazy though, (and so are the weeds).

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I walked 25 minutes, although I stopped to talk to a lady who had Lyme and said she has been very tired lately.

She did 2 years of antibiotics and has been well for many years. Her Md's say it is her diabetes, but she thinks the Lyme is back. Pray for Mary Lee.

Still herxing from energy healing, so other than walking and filling bird feeders again, I am being lazy today.

Have been making phone calls to churches to find a women's Bible study that meets during a weekday and think I have one or two I may attend.

Tutu-- I think the Lutheran church is my first choice. They had the only real person that answered the phone and was so kind.

lp--Hope you got your car back and your blood test done. Praying you had a good day.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. Here's the loom. Looks like I paid too much locally! [Smile] https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boye-Circular-Fine-Loom-Set/54828056

It's pretty easy so far, but I've only just begun! lol .. check "loomahat" on You Tube for instructions.

Regarding the fence, they don't have an easy way to do one of those barbed wire tops?

Hiker .. That's awesome about possibly finding a women's Bible study group! Keep us posted. Good job on the walking. Will pray for your friend.

Lyme248 .. Fall is on the way!

We had a big thunderstorm today. Glad to see the rain. I got drenched because I had to get a tire fixed. Hubby saw that my tire was low this morning. He filled it and then later I got it filled again. That's when we knew it needed to go to the tire shop. It had a screw in it. Sound familiar? [Big Grin]

Had Bible study upstairs this afternoon.

Going to the city tomorrow for acupuncture.

Sleep well, everyone! (esp AK!)

LP .. We miss you! Hope you got the blood test done!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--I love Tutu's idea of barbed wire. Easier to put up then fencing gates.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

howdy my friends im not sure what day it is im on laptop on battery everything is unplugged cuz we re haveing bad storms the lighting ones havent gotten here yet so im not hiding in the hall ive had everything unplugged for over an hour tho and it s really getting hot in here

there are flood watches up i guess cuz storms are moving so slow...so far ok here ...havent flooded in 6-7 years but garden lady said all soil is wet

she was wonderful...she took me to get car...shes a math teacher! i didnt realize the gardening was part time...she sent me a resume thingy about starting her own gardening business...she was itty bitty and di so much more work than the kids ever do...didnt need any nudges...she was great but is kinda busy we did connect tho and she said she would try to come 6hrs once a month thru the fall...i might not be able to afford that much but the weather will probably cancel us out once in a while

no way she will do housework tho

i didnt get blood drawn...i will tomorrow

the car is back but i dont really know what they did and if thats what they did...whaere did the transmission oil come from...etc so mechanic next door is going to look and hopefully solve the mystery...and fill my trnsmission oil if needed

i guess its possible the guy next door broke something and is trying to cover it up...but that still doesnt explain all the red fluid in my carport...i got the stuff to clean it up with...but car is in there now getting tirees dirty cuz of this storm

im also going to try to gt another ultrasound done within the month by someone else...and i have all my ultrasounds for last 10 yrs coming to me in the mail

im exhausted...but i think if i didnt mow lawn or do housework i would probably be able to walk 20-30 min with the walker

it sounds like yu guys have some fun stuff coming up...thats good my time will come soon

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

What a day! Started off with apple salad for me and Mom. Then dusted, vacuumed, mopped and did laundry.

Also put in hooks on front porch to hang our flag from the D-rings my Mom put on. Also spray painted our old metal eagle and nailed it over the front door.

Made fresh pesto and store bought ravioli for dinner. Dishes done and now it's down time. Yay!

Whatcha growing this year L248?

Will be praying for Mary Lee Hiker. Glad you're feeling well enough to get some walking in. I take that as a good sign!

Like that loom TuTu! I'm a hat person myself and love to wear hats like that when it gets cold. My hair is so thin I need all the help I can get summer and winter!

That's some great news Kayak about your garden lady! Maybe she can recommend a housekeeper for you.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The power almost went out in the storm yesterday. Luckily I had my computer unplugged. There must have been two inches of rain at least.I haven't had to water in a long time.

I've got lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, beans, cucumbers, and turnips growing. I have a few lonely beets and collards, and some swiss chard plants that got overtaken by the weeds. I need to weed, but I'm waiting till things dry out a little.

I wish churches weren't so moldy . . . I'm thinking if somehow I get my immune system into shape the mold won't bother me anymore . . .But I've been allergic to mold in churches much longer than I've had Lyme.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I hope you can get a loom and start working on it! I used to crochet (& knit) but my hands and shoulder rebel now.

The loom doesn't bother me if I don't work at it too long at a time.

Hiker .. It will be interesting to see if another post of yours shows up. I wish I had looked at the time on the other ones to see if they were the same time or not.

Went to the city today .. now they are under a severe storm warning. Looks like possible hail or more.

I never unplug anything when it storms. I used to, but it's a lot of trouble.

Lyme248 . .Try a newer church! Ours is about 9 years old and it's in good shape.

I didn't go to exercise because I came back too late. I did a little shopping in both places. Some of it was for OCC.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to see PA at neurologist's office. She is surprised I was not back on antibiotics for Lyme and said she sees another Lyme patient but didn't know what MD she saw in Chicago.

PA was surprisingly receptive to energy healing, but maybe secretly she was writing, "crazy lady" on my chart. [Big Grin]

Stopped at grocery store on way home to get some organic meat. Chicken was too expensive, so got ground turkey.

Walked 20 minutes before heat set in.

Electricity went off for whole neighborhood this afternoon but only stayed off for 30 minutes.

I did have to have one neighbor help me open my garage door so I could go to the chiropractor and when I came back another neighbor had to help me get it engaged again so the garage door opener would work.

I am spoiled because I have a garage with a garage door opener and super nice neighbors.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

My Mom's weekend company came today. I went with a friend and her Mom to decorate the VFW for an International Wives Club from Ft Benning, GA dinner tomorrow night. I hope there's dancing!

So that's about it for me.

That's quite an impressive garden L248! I'd like to do a few table height garden troughs but I can barely manage the yard work in doing. Hopefully next spring I can try one.

I've never crocheted or knitted before TuTu. I have a friend that is a wiz at crochet. She's working on a Christmas gift for her Mom now, a picture quilt with a pattern of her Mom and Dad from a photo. Saw it in the works tonight and it's kind of boggling.

How was that PA responding Hiker? Was she just nodding her head and saying 'uh huh' alot? If so then I'd worry. Be greatful for wonderful neighbors. I'm getting no where with mine in regards to the tree limb and the pitties.

Hope everyone has a restful evening!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak==PA told me to do what ever helped and if energy healing helped, then to do it. She seemed to understand that Lyme can be chronic and antibiotics don't always work.

Of course, I explained to her why antibiotics don't always work. She seemed to understand. Really all this doctor does is manage my seizure medication. The MD, whom I didn't see yesterday, thinks Lyme is all gone. Specialists compartmentalize.

[ 08-10-2018, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I love crafts of all types.

I finally weeded the garden and went for a walk, it started to rain while I was weeding, so I got kind of muddy. I used dishwashing gloves instead of gardening gloves, and they actually worked better.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

hiker53
Member # 6046

Wish it would rain here. The rain has gone all around us this summer.

Harvested one cucumber today. LOL

Watered the garden and small trees and did some weeding.

Went to close grocery. Paid for postage stamps and never got them so had to go back.

Did a little bit of cooking to freeze for later meals.

Toxic and tired today. Not sleeping well. Dreamed last night I got bit by a coral snake on my finger. Aah!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Lyme248 and AK .. Here's a video from Loomahat. She's very good at explaining it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_2aY0-xCY

I wasted too much time today. I finally went out about 3 pm to visit a friend from OCC. She's in her 80's and is in the hospital. She is in rehab. They are trying to get her built up so she can go home soon.

She had lots of visitors during the hour I was there. I think she is well covered! [Smile]

Not sure what I'm doing tonight. Maybe I'll work on my knitted cap! I've done about 10 rows so far.

Hiker .. I hope you get rain soon (and feel better soon).. We are supposed to have chances of rain nearly every day for the next 7. That's a change!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do you like Keith Urban?

You'll love this!

https://fox2now.com/2018/08/07/woman-helps-stranger-pay-for-food-at-gas-station-then-learns-hes-keith-urban/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The mosquitoes are awful tonight! We've had plenty of rain in our area this summer and the mosquito population has blossomed.

I went to to pull some red beets to can and the mosquitoes sent me back to the house before I got very many pulled. Try again tomorrow.

We want to harvest our sweet corn tomorrow. We have 8 rows in the garden. My SIL will come to help and I'll share it with her. We'll have a corny day!

I have some green beans I want to can - need to find a Dilly Bean pickle recipe.

Posts: 2255 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I HATE mosquitoes!! Hate, hate, hate!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm still having car trouble and phone trouble. Yesterday i sat in wheel chair 20 min and followed Etta around. Tonight i used walker and we went 25 min. The medicines I'm on are pulsed and I herx and its a bad herx time

Mark is home without bag. 4 days. Last time was 3 wks

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear, LP. Herxing is not fun. Not having a car or phone is awful.

I hope you can arrange to get your blood test very soon.

Good news about Mark!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Glad your brother is home.

Worked outside a bit this morning mainly trimming the grass so Kyle could mow. Took about 30 minutes.

Kyle just texted he can't mow today but will mow tomorrow. I told him that is okay, but he needs to text me earlier and it would not be okay if it was supposed to rain tomorrow.

I called a lawn service that my neighbors sometime use and the man is coming tomorrow to see if his big mower will fit through my gate. Hope it will and hope he is reasonably priced.

If this new guy works out, I will politely fire Kyle after he mows tomorrow.

Wrote a note asking a neighbor to clean up an area by her garage where she is tossing junk and letting weeds grow. The weeds are higher than the 6 foot fence. She wasn't home, so I left it on her door. The rest of her yard is pristine.

My kind neighbors behind me and I do not want to attract voles, mice, groundhogs, skunks, ticks etc and I explained that in my note.

After having an angry afternoon, I stopped by church to reset my mood button.

Am doing laundry today, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sheesh, hiker! Lazy kids these days.

You can fire Kyle IF he shows up!!! I hope the new guy won't be expensive.

I went to the city for a support group meeting. It was good and we did some Qigong. Interesting. A little too much arm lifting and hard on my feet a few times, but we can always modify things.

It's supposed to help with relaxation, etc. Gets the CHI moving.

Came home and made a quick run to the store and then picked up food for hubby.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Slow recovery from all my Friday night festivities.

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement