LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today: September 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today: September 2
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Labor Day! Take a break tomorrow!!

I weeded for about 30 minutes today.

Am doing laundry which means a lot of trips up and down the stairs.

Tutu---Hope progress is being made on condo repairs.

AK--Are you starting to feel better?

lp--Sound like you have a lot going on. Keep us updated.

Lyme248 and Manname--Have a great week!

[group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8931 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Hiker! Thanks for getting us going this week. Way to go on the exercise and yard work.

No exercise for me but did run some errands with Mom. I bought apples, carrots and beets for juicing, my organic veggie broth and organic chicken broth for some fasting.

I use the book Prescription for Nutritional Healing and read that fasting my help my sinus issue, so am going to give it a shot.

I'm slowly getting better but still having sinus issues.

See everyone tomorrow

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6168 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm glad your a little better AK.

Sure hope things are going well for tutu. Is she offline?

I wish I could do a little weeding hiker. Today would have been the day. It gets hot and humid again tomorrow

I was supposed to have dinner with brother and sister but I kept feeling sicker all day. Then when i got in car there was a warning oil was low. There's a lot of traffic with tourists. I was afraid to go and break down in heat. So they are mad at me. They have never thought Lyme or any of my illness is real

It makes me sad....but I know their substance abuse clouds their thinking

Oh...I got my couch...did in tell you? I like the way it looks. And it feels ok but I think I might need some wedges or something. I'm trying to get it to off gas so I don't have to return it. And I need risers for the legs

Well....I'm hoping for cooler weather and some better days ahead for all of us

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a nice relaxing day.

Did turn the air conditioner on this afternoon as the humidity level crept up.

Late afternoon looked out the window and saw baby guineas following the parents into the garden. The children ran out and caught 6 of them and put them in a box in the house.

We have too many cats that would eat the babies and hopefully we can tame these. They need lots of handling as babies to tame them.

Posts: 2262 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are talking about guinea hens and not guinea pigs, right? A lot of our neighbors have chickens, but I don't know much about them, other than that they don't just crow at sunrise.

I finally feel like I can think straight today. I cleaned up all my papers and receipts that were everywhere, so I feel a lot less cluttered now.

When I was trying to find somewhere to put my receipts, I found a cute letter that one set of my grandparents wrote to the other, that I don't remember seeing before. That's why I like to save things all the time. maybe too much. But some things like old cameras and computers just aren't worth keeping.

I should go outside and see what the lettuce and tomatoes are up to, but it's just so hot.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy putting in new gate for fence came before 7 today and worked on getting the post in. He still has more to do, but left before it got hot and humid. Now he is back working again.

Walked 22 minutes this morning.

Drove out to church in the country where my Bible study meets this week. Never been there and wanted to see how to get there and timing.

Tire pressure gauge in car came on. Checked all the tires and had my neighbor check all the tires. They are all fine and at the same level. Reset gauge. Will see what happens this week.

Have had a major stomach ache for awhile now. Took mastic gum for a few days and feel like I killed off something. Now stomach just hurts.

Think I will resort to zantac soon. Tried DGL, slippery elm and marshmallow root. Not helping.

Had this same thing several years ago after I did so much parasite treatment that my gut was a mess. Not sure what is causing it this time.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8931 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise just did a load of laundry.

It's been a juice and fasting day for me. Trying to clear up this sinus infection.

I know exactly what you mean about substance abuse Kayak. You just worry about your own health. I try to remember just the good things about my sister. I saw a picture of your couch. I love the color! Is it a sectional?

Thinking about those baby guineas made me smile Manna. Hope everything works out raising them.

I agree L248 with the heat issue. I'm so ready for cooler weather!

Way to go Hiker on the exercise! Stomach problems are no fun! Hope it gets resolved soon.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6168 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Lyme248, I'm talking about the guinea hens. Today my son came in with 2 more that they missed yesterday. Those babies are very loud! There are several different colors and so cute.

Hubby said he felt better this evening than he did last evening. His gut is not happy and he seems to be extra toxic lately.

He ran out of his Re-Myte and has been taking extra RealSalt for the minerals. Hopefully the ReMyte gets here soon.

Had off from work today and my to-do list was longer than my day. My aunt called to say she has 3 baskets peaches for me.

She also had 2 boxes of apples that were seconds and a grocery bag of grapes that she sent along home with me. My vehicle smelled delicious on the way home!

Posts: 2262 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw functional chiropractor this morning. (and he was not expensive at all--cheaper than my regular chiropractor)

He felt I had a mild candida infection in the gut. Since I didn't want to take colloidal silver, he suggested a homeopathic and aloe vera. He didn't find evidence of Lyme, but not sure he could really tell if I still had some.

The herbs he tested were too strong and he feels with all I have gone through this summer with the Lyme coming back I need to go slow.

He also suggested getting on my mini tramp and just moving up and down a few minutes several times a day to help with detox.

He tested a lot of my supplements and even zantac tested well.

By the time I got home it was way too hot (91) to walk and I didn't get up early enough to walk before I went. So, just mini tramp detox for my exercise today.

Vacuumed car and cleaned dash etc. with Armor All.

I am really tired and will probably nap soon.

Energy healing later. Healer may kill off fungi too fast. It's God's power, so she may not have control.

I would like to get rid of the candida, but don't want massive amounts of toxins with die-off

[ 09-04-2018, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Second day of fasting so no exercise for me. Ran a couple errands with Mom and that's it.

Those fruits sound delicious Manna! Peaches wouldn't last long at my house.

Glad to hear your health is in good hands Hiker. One of my friends used a mini tramp. I've never tried one. Good for detox, eh?

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hubby spilled milk on his rife machine tonight. He had to take it out of the wooden box (one he made specially for it) and dry everything out.

One good thing was that the buttons are clean again and it works fine. The buttons were 'sticking' and he had to push them repeatedly to get it to work.

But he certainly wasn't planning to do so much at bedtime! Thankfully nothing was damaged.

One of the baby guineas died today, but the other 6 are busily eating and drinking. They are much quieter instead of calling and running around searching for a way out of the box.

Mini trampolines are really good for getting your lymph flowing. Helps detox. Maybe we should get one.

Put around 12 quarts of peaches in the freezer tonight and canned 7 quarts of peach pie filling. Have two dishpans full ready to peel tomorrow.

My son made sauteed maple glazed apple slices for dessert this evening. Served over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My life has gotten away from me. I can't keep up. Had good appointment with podiatrist. Hopeful I can walk more with his help. I gained 20 lbs in 3 months. Hope all stay safe in weather coming. Live you guys

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

New chiropractor yesterday told me I tested really well for chlorella. Now, remember I took chewed 6 tablets a few weeks ago and threw up.

So, last night I chewed one tablet with a meal. Threw up a lot of the night. I am not sure it was the chlorella as I have had some gastro problems this summer, but I won't be using chlorella again.

Not much appetite this morning. Will probably take it pretty easy today.

I think if I do have candida I need to kill it very slowly to avoid the massive die off. Will be working with energy healer on this.

[ 09-05-2018, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired today. I trying to decide if I should enter anything in the local fair this year. I have so many other things to do.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--What would you enter?

Some good news. Energy healer has cleared the Lyme. Whether that means it is all gone or is back in remission remains to be seen.

She also said candida was not systemic and she worked on killing it during the healing. And she said to continue with Kali Sulph for 3 weeks and aloe and zantac as needed.

I am experiencing candida die off symptoms. Probably should not have had energy healer kill it off. Too many toxins. High fever, fatigue, sinus issues nausea etc.

I know this will abate with time, but struggling right now. A step closer to health, though.

[ 09-05-2018, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just a couple more errands with Mom. Third day of fasting and my sinuses seem a little worse. Think I might cut down on the NeilMed sinus rinse.

Who would have thought milk was the answer Manna? LOL! Wonderful that you put up so much fruit. That apple dessert sounds delicious!

Hang in there Kayak! My weight goes up and down. Sure is frustrating because I got rid of my bigger clothes.

I'm doing chlorella powder right now with my juices Hiker. Also started taking some spirulina for an extra boost of nutrition. Great news about the Lyme not being an issue.

I loved the Alaska state fair L248. I'd look at all the gigantic veggies entered, quilts, livestock, etc. I'm with Hiker, whatcha entering?

Well, off to heat up a rice sock to place on my swollen sinuses.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang. I tried to catch up on the news from last week.

Not a happy camper over here. Finally got a friend to come see what needed to be done over here. He will hopefully begin tomorrow. He brought a BIG air scrubber over here to make sure the air is OK.

Doesn't smell good to me because of the filter itself... I think. It's a HUGE HEPA filter air cleaner.

So .. we'll see how long we last here. We will probably spend a lot of time at church or other places. He has a show tonight so I will probably go.

I went Tues with some new friends I met at the motel. They really enjoyed it.

It was sad to be there again without my friend Ruby. (The star's mother who passed away the same day we got flooded.) Ruby's husband was there last night.

We attended the funeral out of town (2 hours away) last Saturday. It was a really nice celebration.

Still have not decided what to do about our living area's flooring. I just do NOT want to leave the carpet in. Was looking at bamboo .. now considering tile. UGH ..what a dusty mess installing the tile.

I'm continuing the OCC meetings at church. We finished 160 shoe boxes with calendar pics in the lids, complete with Bible verses. At least 100 more to go.

We are way ahead of schedule and I intend to keep it that way! Also pretty far ahead on buying needed items. We have a wonderful crew!

Signing off.. need to go run errands.

I hope everyone begins to feel better soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--tile can get slippery. So, give that some thought.

Went to Bible study this morning. We are doing an in-depth study of Ezekiel. There is about 10 of us and I knew no one, so was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I think the group will be great.

Bible study is a full two hours and the church is in the country, so that took up my morning.

Went to chiropractor this afternoon.

Raining here, so did not go for a walk. Am still detoxing from candida die-off and think a few days of taking it easy are in order.

Have muffins in the oven to freeze and take to my mom next week.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Hiker!! We did Daniel on our last one. Now we're on John. I hope you really enjoy it!

Yeah, I'm back to wood again if I can find a safe one that won't take all of my money.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I was going to maybe enter something from my garden . . . But I don't know if I should add one more thing to my plate.

I feel like I have a hard time sticking two something and accomplishing it. And it's hard that I have to rely on my family for help so much, and I'd like to be more independent, but I'm always afraid that I'm not really well enough to do things without help.

I tend to get sidetracked on things that don't really get me anywhere, like entering things in fairs, because I can't seem to wrap my brain around doing anything really productive like getting a job. Because they've been helping me out so much, I have more extra money than my family (or it seems like it).

But I'm leaning on God. It really bothers me. because I never had trouble figuring stuff out before I got sick.

Sorry for my rant. Replacing flooring, I've heard is really a pain in the neck. I hope it all goes smoothly.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Another errand day on my 4th day of fasting but no real exercise.

Think my sinus issue might be mold related. We had some water damage in the bathroom sink cabinet.

So I ordered ionizer replacement parts for my ozone/ionizer air cleaner unit.

Hope that'll clear the problem.

Hey TuTu can't they just ozone your place? That should help. Be careful about mold. Also way to go on OCC!

Glad you're enjoying your new group Hiker. Ezekiel is a toughie and has always been hard for me to grasp.

Rant away L248! This is the place to do it. I've noticed quite a bit of deficits in my mental abilities since Lyme. Some days are better than others. Hang in there!

Well...off to check the news!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

I woke up covered in itchy spots this morning, and thought I had gotten fleas from my cat, but I think I must have a case of hives, because I've looked carefully and I haven't seen any fleas. I think I'm more allergic to cow's milk that I thought. I had some cheese the other day.

That Bible study sounds interesting. I'm trying to figure out which book of the Bible to start reading next. I've read most of them over and over.

I don't know if I'll do much exercise today, I've got several things I want to get done first.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

hiker53
Member # 6046

L248-Bummer about hives. I avoid dairy, but once in a while I cheat. Thankfully no hives, though.

Raining here again. Grocery shopped.

Got my hair cut.

Doing some cooking.

Sat and listened to Obama's speech on T.V. (He spoke in my hometown).

Working on Bible study.

Supposed to rain quite a bit through Sunday, so pretty much my exercise is bopping up and down on the mini tramp to try and get toxins out. I am not even leaving my feet, but it helps.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise but did run errands and got my hair cut too. Mine is a super short pixie. I've cut out all the color and boy, is my hair gray!

It suits me fine though.

Oh, day 5 of juicing but did get a smoothie today for extra errand running.

Josh came over for dinner and my Mom made them chicken and dumplings and veggies. I had a cup of lovely organic chicken broth. LOL!

Sorry about the hives L248. Hope they clear up soon.

I'm gonna check out some mini tramps on Amazon Hiker. I want to get one now for detoxing. Any other benefits?

Well, off to shop online!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

The hives are gone. I've switched to goat milk.

I'm trying to decide what to do today.

I'm feeling a little tired. Probably it's the allergy season starting.

I finally got my hair cut the other day too. It actually looks a lot better now.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Glad to hear the hives are gone. I am sensitive to casein in milk, so I bet I can't have goat's milk, either.

AK--Hope you can find a mini tramp at Play It Again Sports. That is where I got most of my exercise equipment but it closed here.

Still raining. Rode the exercise bike and jiggled on the mini tramp.

My tummy feels like it is on fire--I think the candida toxins are wrecking it. Apple pectin helps and then when that wears off I use zantac or aloe or marshmallow root.

Am praying it is not an ulcer starting. Had one almost 30 years ago.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Went to the Chinese buffet for our once a month luncheon. Had salad and fruit.

Later ended up shopping with a friend and had a martini and some loaded potato chips afterwards.

All in all didn't totally blow my fasting too badly.

No exercise outside of walking at the mall.

Glad the hives are gone L248.

Sure hope it's not an ulcer Hiker.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Glad to hear from tutu

Hope everyone keeps getting better and better

Today again I feel like I have very bad Neuro Lyme. A lot of pain. Can't do much. A little scared. Its been a long time since I was this sick

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement