LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you can do today: Sept. 16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you can do today: Sept. 16
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another week is here is tell us about the way you move in your life.

Ak--bet today is a recovery day from your high school reunion. Hope you kicked off those shoes and danced up a storm.

Went on my alphabet God walk, where I use each letter to describe an attribute of God and then pray for someone whose name begins with that letter. Walked 22 minutes.

Worked on my Ezekiel Bible study.

Went to library.

Am doing laundry and then relaxing the rest of the day.

Hope you have a super week and get some movement going. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the closest I came to exercising last week was running into a friend from the cardiac rehab. He said they all missed me and wanted to know where I was!!

I gave him the short answer about the condo.

I hope to be able to make one or two sessions this week. My foot is still angry with me, though.

Still waiting on someone to cut the first piece of sheet rock!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very frustrating tutu i know a million other stories like that most dont have good endings. i hope you are different sometimes when you have insurance over seeing things it is helpful..

i gave up trying to find someone to fix the screwed up window from last workers i covered the base board where moldy air is leaking in i cleaned and ozoned whole house i know if moldy air goes up to attic like it is supposed to it will go out ridge vent and be gone. unless i magically find a worker or my kids offer to do the job i guess i have to band aid it

im ramping up on the meds for eye and skin infections these are same meds used for parasites and interesting things are hapening i had unexpected wonderful 3 or 4 days about a month ago and it was explained but parasite ppl there are studies showing Bb carries nematodes in called strongeloids(i think) and they persist...and cause problems im not dx with that from regular docs...but i am expelling many worms so i think im just gonna keep on for awhile the saying on parasite groups is "better out than in" i dont know how long i can get the meds but im gonna keep going and try to make progress there are cases of these things killing ppl cuz the regular docs dont understand how to give meds correctly...its not huring me...i hope its helping and maybe i ll get a few more years im kind of motivated because ive met ppl online who are too far gone for meds to help thats what happened to my mom its a pretty awful way to die.

this morning i had dental checkup 1.5 yrs late they want to do a lot of stuff i dont have the money 6-7000 i think if i do it all. 2 small cavities. 2 crowns i very bad. and an upper partial before teeth move too much and it is impossible. idk. so much going on

i think some of you saw my new couch on fb . its too low and they havent replaced the moldy pillows yet but i think they will mail them monday and when they are here some guys will come and exchange the legs so it is hight enough for me to sit and get up without hurting knees. at least now...3 weeks later with lots of ozoning and airing out i am not reacting to it i think it is possible they can use same materials to make me a recliner. but this is a lot of money not sure how i will do it for now i need to find wedge pillows of some sort i dont react to so i can sleep on the bed it will save me a lot of $ on both heat and cooling if i close off the bedrooms on the hottest and coolest times.

a k i say your pics on fb you should text hiker that pic of you in hs! really cool

hiker it seems ike you are slowly getting better than right detoxing ? i just joined a new fb group on detoxing i think it might help me the admin shows videos of her self doing things that detox like bouncing and cleaning out sinuses and lymphatic massage thats the one i think will help me the most i never underwtood what pt said and coudldbt follow the directions to do it at home

im also goin g to try chitosen modified citrus fiber and charcoal are really binding me up i have to take huge amounts of mag to keep things moving if i dont it could get serious with me with diverticulitis...

ok hope im back regular...i feel really good i got the living room together but theres a lot more to do...both in and out...see ya soon.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went for a bike ride over the weekend.

I had to pull all my carrots yesterday because some kind of weird wilting disease got them. I saw the two squirrels in the woods who always are chasing each other up or down one of the trees.

I bought two pictures frames at a tag sale. I'm probably a nutcase because I have a bunch already, but the ones I have are all shiny gold ones that came from relatives.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lp--I thought the neighbor that you gave a chair to was going to fix that moldy area for you.

Got in about an hour of exercise between walking and hauling the hoses around to water outside.

Went to chiropractor to release more toxins.

I think my tummy is gradually getting better. After last energy healing, I went back on mastic gum and DGL.

Use apple pectin to bind toxins in gut. Eating a lot of fiber and drinking tons of water.

Still very hot and humid here, although no rain. Am waiting for cooler weather, so I can turn off the AC. Now that I am retired I have it on all day and my electric bill is going up.

Guess that will happen with heating in the winter, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got my chitolin...not sure how to take it ...i guess at noon and bedtime will be fartherst from meds.

i kinda thought the neighbor was just being nice i never heard anything from him again. now that house is starting to look nice im tempted to bandaid until spring. he makes big mony on flips...im sure he would rathe a day off than 1000 bucks from me

i watered yesterday too...florence was due in today but on maps it looked like she was south of us so i did half watering yesterday and planned to do half today i woke up to down pours that should last til 1 so i might not have to water today the ground is so hard tho...the water might be wasted...its early i may go our with hoe and try to chop up the dirt...especially around trees

the rest of today is for the dining area ad kitchen then the whole open area will be done then humidity goes down for 4 days so maybe i can get outside cleaned up

i wish my crainial sacral guy didnt turn nto a jerk hes so close and i know that is exactly what i need he taught most of practicioners around here...i guess i need to find one of his female students...

hiker...i hope this will make you feel good when i came here in 2012 my elec bill was around 50 as i did construction with elec tools and added ac and air cleaners etc it went to 100

it has gradually creeped up with more machines and a 20% increase from elec company and its close to 200 year round cuz i have to use space heaters in back of house in winter and ac to sleep in summer.

part of getting the couch i can sleep in is to make space i have to clean smaller and part is to only have to heat and cool about half the house

the woamn running for governor says whe will make elec company cut rates

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tired and toxic today. Walked about 20 minutes and have been resting since.

Hopefully, better tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP, Politicians will promise you anything but the moon. Actually, they would promise that if they thought they could lasso it.

I went to exercise and did 36 min on the machine.

Then off to shopping. Bought supper and now I'm thinking about eating it. LOL.

Hope you feel better soon, LP and hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Took a nap and my carbon monoxide detector started beeping. Put in a new battery and it kept beeping.

I have called the fire department before and the detector was bad and needed replacing, so I went hardware store and bought a new one.

It is now quiet, so no carbon monoxide. Old one was 10 years old and I didn't realize it.

Anyway, I got my heart rate up when I heard the beeping. Does that count as exercise?

Ak--Waited to hear details from reunion!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, that counts as exercise!!

[lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry gang, I had to recover from the reunion. So many speeches at the banquet that we only had 30 minutes of dance time.

I was disappointed with that and the food was kinda awful. I thought I chose the better of 3 entrees, brisket, but it had BBQue sauce on it. Also the veggies were salty and limp.

The other 2 day activities and food were awesome.

Thank you guys for the kind remarks on FB! Great idea about sending Hiker those pix!

Later gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker I've been worried about my detectors. They were new 6/12. But they are wired to elect. I'm not sure if I have to change batteries or not

I had a painful night with little sleep...but I guess I'm killing worms. I m not bound up this morning so I took 2 chitosen binder pills at lunch today. I hope this works for me

This morn8by woodchuck was 3 ft from front door. I'm mad. 11 am. I spent 2 hrs on phone finding someone to trap him and take him far away. 150. He was supposed to be here at 3. Its 423. Hope he comes. He sounded nice.

I drove to beachblastnight cuz Etta was stircrazy. It was a mistake. Horrible smell I couldn't keep out of car for 20 min. Not sure if it was left by Florence...she passed over yesterday.

Hope I accomplish something with bills or cleaning tonight all I can do so far is keep up dishes and laundry. Well I just picked some roses and lavender. I need to cook some healthier food too

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--I always save the instructions/brochures for my detectors/appliances. Do you have those to look at?

The guy at the hardware store says the average life span is about 7 years for a carbon monoxide detector or smoke detector and mine was 10 years old.

Kroger was having a sale on organic meat, so I blew some bucks there. Had some coupons, so it wasn't too bad. Will do my usual shopping for produce at store near me on Friday.

Went for a walk this morning before it got too hot. Should cool from 90's to 70's by Saturday.

AK--Glad your reunion was fun. Sorry you didn't get to show off all your dance moves.

Tutu--any progress on condo?

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise but did some shopping and cooking. Need to catch up on yard work but it's too hot down here, 97 today.

I've got laundry to do also Kayak. Seems like I'm getting behind in a lot of things. Need to get back to the gym since I'm feeling better. So unmotivated lately.

I miss going to Kroger Hiker. I loved to use my coupons there, especially the free item ones. As to my dance moves....I sure was rusty! I tried some group dancing and I didn't know what I was doing and laughed at myself almost through the entire song.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

No exercise today.

Went to Bible study this morning and it was over 90 degrees by the time I got home.

Spent time on the website called The Bible project to get a summary of books in OT, so I would understand Ezekiel better. The videos for each book are really easy to understand.

https://thebibleproject.com/

Am now reading fiction. I really should be doing some house chores, but will do that tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK ... that's awful that they didn't have enough time left for dancing!! No fair!!

LP .. I hope the guy came for the woodchuck .. and that the beach will be better next time. We saw a woodchuck scrambling down a rocky bluff at church on Saturday (during choir rehearsal). I didn't know they could be so nimble!

We spent all day at church because they installed a new HVAC system at the condo today.

Hubby worked on the PA system and the monitors and I worked on our room full of stuff for OCC. I was able to straighten it up some and also inventoried many items. We almost have a handle on everything.

The rest of the shoe boxes came in and we'll work on those next week. We like to put calendar pics in the lids and we put Bible verses on them too.

Remind me, hiker, and I'll send you a pic of that.

The new AC stinks, but not too bad...

I found some flooring yesterday that I want. Hubby liked it too. I brought home a large sample. It's about 2 X 3 feet. I swear I was reacting to it last night. I sure hope NOT!

They said they had a customer with severe sensitivities and she loved this one. She researched the product too. I had high hopes. It's a wood laminate. Very pretty.

No work on the condo. Had hoped to hear something today. I was chided by the adjuster yesterday for asking again. Big jerk.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Mom was feeling adventurous and wanted to go flea marketing. One place was too pricey so we ended up at one of our smaller favorite shops. I bought a new to me lamp shade and much needed gym bag. Paid $7 for both.

Picked up a heavier duty ironing board for Josh and Mom found little treasures that made her happy.

We went out to dinner and I did one load of laundry. We repotted her small bamboo and that's it for the day.

Hoping since I bought the gym bag I'll put it to use!

Ezekiel is a toughie for me too Hiker. Thanks for the link!

Bummer about the dancing TuTu, especially since my shoes were so blingy they looked like disco balls. BTW, your adjuster sounds like a jerk! What does he expect, no questions about the progress? Sheesh...insurance companies!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Think I am making progress in killing H. pylori, but since I have doubled the mastic gum I am much more toxic.

Am going to ask energy healer about colloidal silver when I see her next week. Am tired of bland foods.

Went to grocery store today to get pick up prescription and get some produce.

Went to the library. Am settling into read now.

Friend coming over tonight over a short visit. Then I plan to watch the Illini football team get beat by Penn State. I am a U of I fan as I grew up there, but my parents taught at both universities.

I have the windows open today. In the 70's. Probably pay a price with hay fever as farmers are harvesting and I live near the edge of town, but feels great to air out the house.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

yay! success in less than 24 hours go to my facebook page to see!!! i cant get my phone to turn on or i would be texting all of you

less than 24 hrs and he got the big one. he had a beautiful beaver in his truck when he came

im dragging not miserable because it is between meds...im on a pulsing schedule...but itchy and just so hard to finish dining room and bills after pushing to get the living room good

actually i smelled mold in living room the other night so moved all furnture away from wall to middle of room...and have dehumidifyer and air cleaner going all the time and i diffuse thieves intermittently i do need to find someone to redo that window before winter

today i am just celebrating...1 woodchuck down...1 to go

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-Glad to hear groundhog #1 is gone.

Beautiful day here--sunny and 70.

Did some yardwork--cutting back some perennials.

Managed a short walk.

Also did a bit of cooking and put it freezer. Funny how even though I am retired I keep the same routine of cooking and freezing meals in advance.

Am reading now. Thank God for books.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Trying to recover from a busy Friday and friends just left so it's chill time.

Bright and early yesterday I took Mom's car to get some Freon put in. Got home and showered just in time for our security door person to install our new front security door.

Laundry, dishes and then got ready for a friend's retirement party. She worked at Ft. Benning, GA for 40 years.

Afterwards went with another friend for dinner, beers, listened to a country music band and danced.

Squeezed in two Redbox movies, The Book Club and Oceans Eight.

I watched part of the same game Hiker at the bar last night. Still can't manage yard work due to heat. And yes, thank God for books! My perfect ideal for retirement would be reading great books, experiencing fine art, sampling different cuisines and drinks and watching cinemagraphic foreign film masterpieces.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck and all that Kayak! Yay! One more to go and sweet freedom at last! Gonna check your FB!

You guys are awesome!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Didn't get more woodchuck. Or anything. He charges extra if we get a skunk
I get new phone Tuesday...same kind. They crash every 2 years

I'm not sure how soon I will have it working tho.

Nice cool day...but i still don't have inside ok. Neighbor was over a long time mak8by land line work. I got it months ago but didn't even know how to answer or place a call cuz they changed all the pictures and no one uses letters anymore to spell out directions
In greatful for her but she uses so many scents on clothes and hair and body....its very hard on me. But she is only person that helps me now. I have to be greatful. I aired out house for hours after she left and I know I can call 911 if I have to

Woke in severe pain. Feels like Neuro Lyme. Both shoulders have worst pain now. Also extreme fatigue. Hard to live like this. Just like treating Lyme. I'm in 4th month. Not sure how long I 'll keep doing this.

Docs say it takes 1 to 3 yrs. Some people stay on meds forever. One woman on 20 yrs

Maybe I 'll come back with a better attitude. I can see morning glories that want to bloom but I think its too cold

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement