LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE:What Can You Do Today? Oct 21, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE:What Can You Do Today? Oct 21, 2018
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go.............

[woohoo]

Walking, hiking, kayaking, high impact exercise, interval training, yoga, gardening, light housework, laundry, etc. and just about any activity counts as exercise here!

Time to move gang!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--All of my teak furniture is indoor furniture--desk, dining room table etc.

Went to library today.

Doing 3 loads of laundry.

Picked up sticks in the yard that fell from yesterday's high winds.

Would like to mow myself this week, but can't seem to get the wheels on the mower lowered. Hope I can get it started.

Off to read and watch a little football.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I be been using a plug in mower for 6 yrs now

Today I continued putting living room back together. It’s getting there. Neighbor came over and wiped down walls and windows and put curtains back. I’m tired and having hard time finishing. I also am doing laundry and sorting clothes. Seasons changing. Finding my winter stuff.

I have to look at calendar. Not sure if I have appts this week

I hope I get enough done inside so I can clean up the flower beds. Lots of plants dying earl this year with that freeze

Next indoor job is cutting carpet but I’m gonna wait a little while and sneak in some garden andbeachntime

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise just errands and making Sunday dinner for me, Mom and Josh. It's almost 10:30 p.m. and Josh is still here doing homework.

I made an easy dinner of hamburger helper with turkey meat, salad with homemade dressing, butter beans and potato rolls.

Maybe a bit of WD40 on those wheels might loosen them up a bit Hiker. Our yard couple came Friday and our yard looks great!

I've got a new yard tool that's a plug-in also Kayak. Looking forward to trying my new Toro leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher. Beach time sounds like heaven!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm here!!

Found out I have bursitis .. oh what a joy it is.

I went back to the Urgent Care yesterday (late) .. so I took my first round of steroids this afternoon. Made the pain about 3% less, but at least it's headed in the right direction.

Sigh

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bullmastiffluvr
Member # 50250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bullmastiffluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You all inspire me, I tried to walk 1/2 mile the other day and felt like my heart had a pause. Just felt a thump in my chest and could. Not move or think. My adult daugher helped me walk home. Cardiac symptoms back with vengeance since I tried treating h pylori with antibiotics. Had diagnosed Lyme for almost 2 years now. Wondering if I will ever get better.
Posts: 41 | From CA | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bullmastiffluvr--Hang in there. You will get better.

I am treating H. pylori now, as well, but using mastic gum, DGL and energy healing. I can't handle antibiotics. Taking forever to get rid of it, though.

Tutu--Sorry about the bursitis. I am scared of steroids. My little infrared machine helped when I had bursitis a few years ago.

Today was the most active I have been in months.

Ak--My neighbor had to use WD40, a hammer and screwdriver to get the height settings moved on my mower. Thank you, Howard!

I was able to mow the entire lawn which takes 90 minutes. Ran the gas out of out the mower and put away one hose.

Am leaving one hose out to clean the mower once I the oil drained. That is a 2 person job.

Did a load of laundry.

Made blueberry muffins to freeze.

Am going to grill porkchops and have a salad and broccoli tonight.

Very tired.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:

Tutu--Sorry about the bursitis. I am scared of steroids. My little infrared machine helped when I had bursitis a few years ago.

Ringer Dinger! I forgot I have one of those! I have never used it.

Now to figure out where to set it up.

Thanks!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Steroids scare me. I let them give them to me duringbbreathing trouble from mcas and I was sick in bed for weeks. I will still accept them if it is life threatening ibut really try not to let that happen

I’ve been putting house back together all day. Mostly kitchen and bedroom. Not quite finished but made a lot easier f progress.

Etta went in and out a lot and no birds came in.

I lost 5 lbs over night. Finally. I’d been 20 lbs up for a few weeks. I didn’t do anything different with food or exercise. I hope I keep losing

It’s gonna be cold all week with lots of chances for precipitation. This is early for this much cold. Almanac says s it will be cold winter.

Oh. When I was resting I made my new kindle work and set up my new sonicare tooth Brush. I bought them in July on the amazon sale day. It takes 24 hrs for tootbrush to charge but kindle works fine

There is an energy healer 90 min from here. A new friend loves her. I’m not sure how much she Vhs he’s. I’m trying to find out. She will have to be good for me to drive 90 min

Hope everyone has a good night and tutu hope more than 3% of your pain is controlled

I need to pay bills tomorrow and hope I will hear from bank on next steps

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Is your friend who sees the energy healer ill? The best type of energy healer is a Brennan Healer not a Reiki healer.

https://www.barbarabrennan.com/bbsh-usa-graduates/

This is a website of Brennan healers in the USA. Just find your state.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Scared of steroids too, but I have no choice. I can't take any other anti-inflammatories besides curcumin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! Took Mom to get her hearing aid adjusted and ran a couple more errands.

Made it to the gym after 6:00 and did my stretching, 30 minutes on the elliptical, walked 2 laps to cool down, thigh, chest and upper back weight routine and 10 minutes only in the 180° sauna.

Bursitis in the knee TuTu? I know that's gotta be painful. Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome BullM! It took me a good 1 1\2 to 2 years of treatment to feel better. I did IV antibiotics for 16 weeks and the rest in orals. I'm able to do quite a bit now.

Me and your neighbor are in the same page Hiker. You sure had a super busy day! Hope you're not to sore from cutting the grass. BTW your dinner sounds delish! I had a giant salad for dinner.

Hope you enjoy your Kindle Kayak! I love mine! I use it more than my laptop except for anything that requires money. I still use my laptop for all financial transactions. Good luck with the energy healer!

Well, off to veg and watch TV.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty hiker. That’s helpful. The friend still works as motel clerk but has fibromyalgia etc type illnesses and isn’t well.

Nite all.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. Bursitis in my hip.. the pain is all the way to my ankle.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Odds and ends kind of day.

Walked 23 minutes.

Went to Kroger to get some items on sale to take to my folks.

Went to Farm 'n Fleet to get some more bird seed. Actually found some inexpensive Christmas cards and mom asked me to get her some, so perfect.

Put away patio furniture except one chair. I store it in the garage.

I would take a nap, but then I know I won't sleep tonight. Probably go to bed early, though.

Am getting terrible cell phone reception and I don't have wireless. May need to switch companies, but then I bet my bill will go up. I use ATT but may switch to Verizon. Someday I will get wireless at home.

Dickering with DirectTV as bill skyrocketed. They said to call back Friday for their promotion. Not sure why they couldn't accomodate me today and they wouldn't even say what the promotion was. Am disgusted.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hate Direct TV, but mostly because I had DISH for so long. It's hard to get used to a new set up.

They are sneaky about their promotions .. for sure. I can tell you that one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Washed a load of clothes, raked and bagged one bag of leaves and branches, cleaned my car windows, vacuumed me and Mom's cars and made breakfast and lunch.

Went to the new Halloween movie this evening with Josh and had a great time.

Even more painful being in the hip TuTu! My stuck SI joint makes my hip hurt.

Way to go on the 23 Hiker! Sounds like you had a real productive day! I've had problems in the past with Directv and Verizon.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cable might be better, hiker ..unless it's sports you are after.

Managed to attend a great local show this morning. It was painful, but my friend picked me up and dropped me off at the door, etc.

Our hilly parking lots are killers.

Prepared for bible study tomorrow. It will be at my condo since I can't climb stairs. Our place is rather messed up but all we need is the dining table for our study. It should be fun to have it here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My allergies were finally a little better, and I was able to run some without getting completely congested. The leaf mold really does me in.

I've been feeling more energy since I started using clove oil. I rub some (diluted) on my forehead and neck, and it does help my stiff neck (I spend too much time on the computer), and my skin looks better.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lyme248--Great that you have more energy and can run.

Walked 26 minutes.

Spent a couple of hours on Bible study so I am ready for class tomorrow.

Door and window company called and they will start on windows on Monday. I have a lot of stuff to pack up and move as they are putting new windows in every room of the house.

Small company. Only 2 guys working, so will take them a week or more (have to install double front doors and storm doors, too).

So, started moving some items and taking pictures down off walls. Stripped sheets and quilt from guest bedroom. Washing them now and will store until they get done in there.

I think I will need to find a place to spend part of the day as the noise of all this for a week or more will drive me nuts. Will make me get up extra early, too, as they will be there at 8 A.M.

Terrible to hear about pipe bombs today. Glad no one was hurt.

Off to read.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh yeah. The noise will be insane, hiker. Go to the library. I feel for ya.

We may get new flooring in about two weeks. The guy came today to measure. Haven't been hit with the total price yet. OUCH.

My hip is about 5% better. I was able to be up more and even made a short "run" to the grocery store.

I think I will use that store pickup for Walmart tomorrow or the next day. Too far to walk in there.

We had the bible study at my place today. Tomorrow is our OCC Rally.

Friday is our workday at church for OCC. Going to pack pencil bags!! We will do about 285 boxes, for sure. We have more than 200 pairs of SHOES!! I keep finding great sales!

Found 12 pairs of shoes last week for less than $12. About 4 of those were flip flops. We have lots of clothes and water bottles. It's getting exciting!

Speaking of PRAYER (lol)... please pray that they give us credit on our trashed carpeting. The insurance agent was going to call the adjuster early this week and discuss it.

Also need prayer for my hip so I can make it to the packing party vertical. hahaha

I start physical therapy on Nov. 1.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes. Those bombs. My neighbor told me. I have as focused on cleaning. My son is in nyc now and daughter works in dc. Son didn’t even know it was going on

Hiker are they taking window trim off? It can get dusty if they do that. Make sure you keep checks ngvwindows regularly for a while. They can settle. I have 1 out ofv11 not right and I’m having trouble getting it fixed. It was ok when first put in but then settled and now doesn’t work. Installer says it’s company. They say it’s installer

I’ve walked dog a few timescaboutv20 min. I wore my 1/8 “ heel lift last weeknforb7 days. Now I’m wearing 1/4” one

I look like I’m walking on stiltsccuzcjoints give way and muscles are sore. I hope it will help me be ready for lift shoe.

I’ve been cleaning and putting house back together all week. Making progress. Today was pretty fall day. I went to pick up meds at drive thru drug store then took Etta for drive in country. Saw pretty leaves. Bought apples peppers and cider donuts at farm stand. Etta was happy to get out

Earlier I cleaned and changed filters on 3 air machines. They were disgusting from mold project. I’m still dragging but have kept going. Sunday is supposed to be heat wave. 50 degrees. I plan to let myself work outside. Clearing yard and mulching trees. I guess it’s a blessing to have our quiet lives. This world is going crazy.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Errands most of the afternoon with Mom. Got to the gym at 7:30 and only managed 30 minutes on the elliptical and did my usual weight routine and had a quick shower and made it out 10 minutes before closing time.

Exciting stuff going on for you TuTu! How'd your bible study go? Love hearing about OCC and how well things are going this year. Prayers sent up for you!

Have to Google that clove oil remedy L248.

I'm with TuTu in going to the library Hiker! I need to visit my favorite library too. They sent me an email saying they missed me!

Sounds like you've been busy Kayak! I usually try to polish furniture, clean ceiling fans, Windex knick knacks and glass, etc. before the holidays.

Watching the news now to find out about the pipe bombs you guys are talking about.

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Bible study this morning with my group.

Walked 20 minutes this afternoon.

Odd chores around house.

Had to convince my dad he should not pay $830 to a scammer who claimed he would destroy the contents of his computer and reveal unsavory pictures of him.

I never thought my parents would fall for something like that. Sigh.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh hiker that is so awful. So good you can stop him!

Today I decided I had to clean and reirganiz bedroom. I already did clothes and removed one tote full.

It has been a bigger deal than I expected. Too much cj stuff has found its way in ther. I start d out by dropping my collection of sea glass. But I do have it all clean with 2 dressers and an air cleaner in there. The bed is covered with stuff that needs a home. And the hall has everything else

So I still have a few hours work I think but I needed to lie down with heating pad. My back is spasmingbpretty bad

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

One errand with Mom, which for the life of me I can't remember.

Then home to make a scalloped potato kielbasa casserole for an open AA/Al-Anon potluck and meeting.

Going with a friend for support and experiencing the blessing of personal growth myself. Never been to an AA meeting before and it was heartbreaking.

Way to go on the 20 Hiker! Very sorry about your Dad. My friend in AK is dealing with the same issue with her Dad in Tampa.

Awesome Kayak on the cleaning and organizing! Seems never ending doesn't it?

Well, off to watch the news.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

No exercise today. Raining.

My digestive system still feels like it is on fire. Think I will call GI doctor on Monday.

Went grocery shopping.

Dealt with DirectTV and got price down to where it was for one more year. Took 3 people and 45 minutes on the phone.

Reading a good book. Off to grab mail.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

One bank lost all my papers and the other told me 2 papers were missing...but they weren’t. So I ran around getting that straightened out and then took Etta to beach for walk. I knew it would be cold so I went to a sheltered harbor. She met a beautiful ship tzu boy and they really liked each other but we kept them on leashes. They would have had fun running if it was fenced

Then I picked up my doxy and some beef veggie soup for her cuz I ran out of dog food

I collapsed when I got home. We have big northeaster coming tomorrow. I think it’s Willa. 60 mph winds. 2” rain. And snow some places. The snow will bring down lots of trees cuz there’s lots of leaves on them. Then no power. I should have filled up with gas maybe I ll get it later

Last name night before bed I finished cleanup no my bedroom. It’s so much more comfortable with furniture moved around

Living ngbroom is almost finish d. I need neighbor to come back and wipe down walls and window in bed room dining and kitchen

I really hope we don’t lose power

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang. I'm still here. I had a very busy day yesterday and I'm paying for it today.

Plus this morning we worked on our pencil packs for OCC. So we have large erasers, pencil top erasers, scissors, pens, pencil sharpeners, and crayons or colored pencils in each bag. Whew!

One team member took about 50 of them home to finish them. We will have some very blessed children!! Now they can go to school!

I'm sorry I can't "be there" for you guys right now. I'm done in and I'm saving my energy.

God bless!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Walked 2 warm up laps and stretched then hopped on to the elliptical for 30 minutes. Walked 2 laps to cool down then hit the weight machines for chest/back and inner/outer thigh routine.

15 minutes in the much needed sauna and quick shower then home.

You worked a miracle there Hiker with DirecTV. Sounds like perfect reading weather there.

Glad little Etta made a friend Kayak. Isn't it wonderful to go to the beach?

You all got so much done Tutu! Do the children have to have supplies to be able to attend school? Either way what a huge thing you guys are doing! Go OCC!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, in most countries they can't go to school unless they have supplies. We are also sending large notebooks. They do fit .. with a simple trick!

Blesses me to think of the kids receiving these boxes. That's what keeps me going with it.

Hiker .. That's about what it took for me with Direct TV also. Just keep hanging on the line until they fix it! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked 21 minutes.

Spent a lot of time on the phone. Called ATT to change my package. Called back when the email they sent me said it was going to be twice the amount they quoted me.

Figured out I can use my broadband router to get wifi. Duh. So, now I have wifi and wish I hadn't changed my package at ATT to up the data.

They said if the bill is not what they verbally quoted they will change my package back but they really no longer offer that one. Don't trust them.

The 3 GB package on their internet page was about the same price as my 1GB package and they could not explain the email price.

Tutu--Our church is so small we are only sending 12 OCC boxes, but we do so much other charity work that I am pleased we are even doing that. Your church rocks!

Watching Illini football lose to Maryland.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

12 is good, hiker! Like we say, "Twelve more Gospel Opportunities!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I have reflux from a big hiatal hernia hiker. It causes burning sometimes. Not eating before bed and sleeping in recliner position help the most. I used to take 4 omeprazoles a day but got off all of them and only use for rescue now. Hope you figure out what’s going on

Tutu seems like you recovered from Flood without too many problems. That is great. It’s like you didn’t miss a beat and it’s occ time again.

A K you are an exercise queen. I remember coming here and saying I rode kayaked and walked the dog all in one day.

Now all exercise involves cleaning me or house. No energy for any more.

Neighbor just left. She did walls and windows in my bedroom and the dining room. So bed room living room and dining room done. I’m resting after mopping dining room floor.

It’s hard to walk thru hall there’s so much stuff in it. So hall and 2 other rooms are left. I want to get rid of the carpet but will need a few days rest first. It’s supposed to get warm so I’m planning on getting gardens ready for winter.

Willa turned into a drizzly day for me. South of here they lost elec so no complaints from me

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement