LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? February 10, 2019

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? February 10, 2019
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone!

I hope your Sunday is going well!

AK .. I wasn't sure your ex knew you were working on the house. That's why I was worried.

I will pray for you!!

I'm home today from church. I had fever last night and it was a little icy this morning, so I bowed out.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Hope you feel better soon.

AK-Wish you could take your nephew or your brother when you are working with your ex. Saying prayers.

Our church had a leak from the roof when snow melted and there is mold in some areas. So, until that is fixed I am not going to church services.

Did my PT exercises twice.

Zipped out this morning to drop books off at library, mail some letters, and get the car gassed up.

When I left it was barely snowing. 25 minutes later on the way home, it was very slick. Now we are getting freezing drizzle and supposed to be a mix of this snow and freezing rain all week long.

Keep hoping to get to see my folks, but between physical therapy and the weather it may be awhile.

Off to call my mom and catch up on Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I just got here by going thru yahoo.com. Idk what is going on. This is iPhone and all my google stuff is messed up. Is that why my phone won’t work? It’s really hard cuz I just made major changes to my budget and now I can’t find anything. I’ve been doing all bills online and phone and now can’t figure it ou. I was so Leary when everyone said it’s so easy to do it online. Then I gave in and it was easy for years. But now I’m in trouble.

It’s good to be here tho. Hiker I want to talk to you about taxes but I have to walk Etta first.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ps. Hope you are safe AK.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. When one of your family members come they can help you figure it out. I imagine it's something simple. (Let's hope)

(maybe you can ask a neighbor who would know??)

I do all of my banking online through my computer, but I do have an app in case I need it.

I did my hip exercises today. Woot!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--How are you doing?

Freezing rain this afternoon, so not going out.

Waiting for my mom's MD to call me back. They put her on a narcotic and I want a bit more info.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Survived Sunday but ex wasn't much help. Did help me haul 2 truck loads to the dump. He went and ate lunch with his daughter and ran errands. Thank God I brought a can of soup for lunch. No lunch offer.

I've been working to hard yesterday and today. It's 5:00 and I'm already showered, medicated and in bed. Skipping dinner I'm just to exhausted.

Painting tomorrow.....

Thank you all for being here for me!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. Hope you received the call you needed.

AK .. I have a few words for him. Hang in there. It will pay off.

LP .. Hope you can find your way back here again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK— give me boxing gloves and let me at him!! [cussing]

My mom’s md didn’t call back. Hopefully tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi. I’m here. I did a bunch of errands. Took Etta into tractor supply. Yesterday she went into Lowes. She rides in the basket of elec cart

One key for car wasn’t working so I stopped at dealership and they fixed it.

I bought a better measure than I have. I needed 30’ one to measure from house to fence line. I need to get a spot ready for shed. That and 2 small construction jobs are what’s left the do with home equity

After the errands I took Etta to beach. First time in a long time. We walked about an hour but not all at once. Really good air down there today. I needed that

Tomorrow I canceled pt cuz of storm coming. I tried to get earlier appt but they didn’t have any. So I’m doing lipid blood test first. Then hopefully driving an hour to finally get my shoe with the lift. And get back before snow. We are supposed to get 8-9” and then freezing rain. Never know what I ll really get til it happens.

AK I’ve had 2 divorces and thank goodness never had to go thru stuff like you are. It’s not all hunky dory ... there’s other problems. But nothing like you. I’m so sorry you are going thru that

Hiker thx for that talk. I haven’t had time to do anymore on taxes. Hope your weather straighten s out so you can get back to exercise.

Thx for text tutu. I’m so lost. I can’t make anything work on fb

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well I’m here. Maybe someone in charge thinks I was on fb too much. I didn’t get blood test done. I was so mad cuz cobbler is so busy he doesn’t answer phone. And he is out a lot too so I don’t want to do the hour drive if I don’t know he’s there and shoe is ready. But today I just drove. I had enough time to get there and back before snow. I might have time to take Etta on short walk before it snows hard

Family doesn’t come anymore. Except maybe in July/August when they go to camp in Maine with their dad

I have one neighbor who sometimes buys me groceries on weekend. Their house is moldy and husband has MS. Their dog brings ticks into house all the time and they attach to both of them. They are sick all the time but believe docs who say they don’t have Lyme. I’m not sure if they are dumb or just foggy from Lyme and mold

They use tons of dryer sheets and febreeze in cars to cover up the mold smell. I can’t even be with her to get groceries now. I put $ under rock on table in carport and she leaves food there

I started talking to her about Lyme mold and fragrance 7 yrs ago when I moved here. It hasn’t helped.

I have not found any other friends I can tolerate. I can’t go to church or senior activities. I can’t use taxi even and get sick I’m ambulance from fragrance on guys.

I can be nonreactive as long as I isolate. So idk what I will do about internet. I’m going back to checks and mail for some bills.

I really need help from MCS group now because of car but I can’t get on it. I did get on a fb group for mold and Lyme. I was theee when it started. They are into shoemaker. I know the admins but just don’t go there much. My Lyme and mold is ok now. From avoidance. Shoemaker didn’t help

Tutu idk how you can be so social with church and travel with mcas. I’m fine for long periods as long as I don’t take a hit. But when I do it is scary

So not sure what to do. I’m going to focus on off line things like reorganizing house and separating what will go in new shed and what will be yard sale and then trash. I’m pretty sure I will do free yard sales until I finally get thru all the crap and get the vinyl building down.

I’m using a fb account with my u n as LP KAYAK. Actually I’m not sure if there is a space between lp and Kayak. But maybe if tutu and a k look for me. Friend me. Maybe that will be a start.

Hope some good things happened with your mom hiker

Ak. I hope you are done with that work soon

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my physical therapy exercises twice.

Broke down and took Alleve today. It will upset my tummy, but I really need to get some pain and inflammation relief in the shoulder.

Spent over an over with a tech person from McAfee since my quick security scans weren't working on computer. Guy was very nice but it still isn't fixed. Called back and they think it is their problem and not mine. Will call me when they think it should be working again.

Mom's MD finally called back.

Snowing with 40 mph winds but not getting nearly as much snow as lp is supposed to get.

I feel a bit cooped up as it was icy this morning and blowing so much this afternoon that I didn't get my errands done. Maybe tomorrow.

Off to read the paper and attack the crossword.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys for all the support! Off today for Josh's birthday dinner. Me, Mom and Josh are going out for a Mexican dinner then having cake and ice cream at Josh's.

Wore out from painting moldy bathroom ceiling and window trim. Did touch up painting on some of the baseboards and doorframes.

Hoping to meet, hire and pay for someone to help with the yard work this week.

My neck, shoulders and arms are complaining loudly today!

Glad to read you all are doing OK.

You guys are awesome!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my Pt exercises twice.

Went to pick up a few things at store for my folks. They buy in bulk and of course the store did not have 3 bottles of the same type of mouthwash. lol

Stopped at library to drop off book and pick up a few more.

AK--hang in there. The birthday dinner sounds like a good break for you. Love Mexican food.

[ 02-13-2019, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Doing OK over here .. Headed for acupuncture tomorrow.

AK .. any timeline for when you might be finished?

Happy birthday to Josh!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Just got back from physical therapy. Therapist massaged shoulder mainly with a tool. One of those "hurts so good" feelings. He added another exercise.

Went to Bible study this morning. Our leader, Lynny, has leukemia. She fainted Sunday and turned her ankle and is very weak. Please pray for her. I love this group of ladies that I study with.

Went to grocery store.

Cleaning lady is here and I am trying to stay out of her way. Off to read the paper.

Happy Valentine's Day or in my case SAD day--single awareness day. [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ... Those little tools work really well. They used those on me every time I went. I think it really helped the muscles recover more quickly.

Sure hope your shoulder keeps getting better .. FAST!

Will pray for Lynny. So sad that she is not doing well. We are still praying for Lynne. It sounded like they were going to take her off life support tomorrow.. but today she opened her eyes when her husband spoke to her.

Hubby had a gig for Valentine's. It was nice. I think he did a really good job and people enjoyed it.

We didn't get to eat .. so we just came home from Denny's. Pretty exciting, huh?

I put a greeting on FB for all the singles out there, hiker!

I've had a headache all afternoon and evening. I would say it's due to the weather. We are going to get ice, sleet and/or snow tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked outside for just 15 minutes. Colder than I thought.

Did odds and ends--filled bird feeders, worked on taxes etc.

Am going to grill salmon on table top grill and pair with asparagus and salad tonight.

LP--I can't seem to get on Lymenet with my iPhone but I can with the computer. And I can get to other sites on my phone. Very odd.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I use

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, hiker. I just got on to LN with my phone. I wonder if it was a glitch with Google?

This afternoon, it wouldn't even bring it up.

We have done nothing all day. Well .. I washed two loads of clothes. Took a nap.

It's been raining and/or sleeting all day with temps at 31-32 all day. Still supposed to get a bit more precip with temps going down now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

So I just posted and lost it. I give up

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! Thanks for BDay wishes for Josh!

Scrubbed 2 bedroom ceilings today and prepped one room for painting. Have to sand the mud and tape in the a.m. then will paint like a crazy woman.

Real estate agent and a handy man I hired came out today. Handy man is only doing a few things I can't do myself.

My to do list got longer due to the agent but am hoping beyond hope to be done no longer than next weekend.

Praying for Lynne and Lynny.

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry you lost your post, LP!!! [Frown]

AK .. Sure hope you will be finished next week!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang. We were told on Wed at Bible study that Lynne was still very bad and they might have to take her off of life support today. (meaning: to let her die)

Well, yesterday she opened her eyes and today she was awake for 4 hours and can respond by nodding her head.

God is so amazing!

[ 02-15-2019, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I seem to be able to get on but when I push a button it thinks I am pushing the button next to

Or if I open a post the post above or below comes up

I can type ok so I don’t think it’s my eyes

I went to sign papers at bank yesterday and took a horrible hit free m mold and building materials

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I wanted to see if that would post. I’m blaming all this computer problem stuff on 5G. My oldest has a new computer job working for a company that keeps track of satellites. It is scary how the 5 g will rain down on all of us. I will try to text you guys an article that explains what is happening here

Sometimes I wish I could get in a time machine and go back to little house on the prairie days

I lost all of yesterday after the hit. I had to strip and wash all clothes including shoes and coats and shower and then just lie in little room with Big air cleaner for hours

Thurs I took new medicine and herxed bad but Friday I did don’t feel anything. The treatment I’m doing is related to Lyme parasites and cancer. I’m in 9th month. It’s ruff but I refused chemo and outside air is moldy here ... it all seems to be related. Tom Grier Alan Macdonald and Jill A have all written about it. Even willie back in the day. I guess I’m just trying to squeeze a little more time down here.

A k you are proving yourself to be super woman again. I hope it’s over soon and you reap some benefits.

Tutu and hiker. I get that weather you talk about It keep promises to be rain and sun and melting temperatures. But it isnt melting enough. One night I almost fell when there was ice under snow. It was 11 at night. If I went down I would have had to call for help to get up. I was lucky. The ice is dangerous. The rain gives me extra work to keep water away from house. I prefer snow. But we aren’t getting it this year.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/NH-Town-to-Test-Cell-Service-Blimp-478223613.html?fbclid=IwAR2-dCMVz81T5V_HKxxE_0dHNFpOi8eG8SOPHvU1lYaYA10DVTlwy1kg9cQ

i wanted to text this to you guys its about 5G exoerimrnt in NH

i cant get it on my phone to text

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-Interesting about the blimp. Not sure I would want one hovering in the air near me.

Today is the first day in weeks that I did not do all of my physical therapy exercises.

My shoulder is in a lot of pain and a lot of the exercises have really hurt my right elbow.

So, today I just did the stretching exercises twice. I just can't handle more pain right now.

Did go for a 20 minute walk in the sunshine. Most of the snow has melted but we are getting another snowstorm late tonight through tomorrow.

Went to recycling.

Am going to watch a movie tonight called What They Had starring Hilary Swank. I think it is about a family where the mom has Alzheimer's, so I am sure I will be in tears.

Ak--We need to have a party when you are finished with all that work!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. Thanks for the video. Interesting .. but not sure of the ramifications. Who knows?

Hiker .. Did the pain lessen a bit today from yesterday?

I woke up with my leg in a spasm .. like I used to. My mistake was to take only one muscle relaxant yesterday. I used to take 2 or 3 a day. My pain was not bad yesterday, so I didn't think I needed more pills.

So I guess I'm back to at least 2 pills a day. I will probably take three today because I've already had a second one.

Got to meet my masto friend's new boyfriend today. He's really nice. I'm so happy for her .. she's had a rough life thus far, but things are looking up for her.

She and her boyfriend came over and we went out to eat, then came here for a bit again.

The weather is better, but it may ice again tonight. We'll see.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement