LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you CAN do today: Dec. 29

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you CAN do today: Dec. 29
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? How about making one to come to this thread and report your movement?

Movement/exercise can include walking, running, vacuuming, laundry, shopping etc. etc. [Big Grin]

I took today off from my balance and shoulder exercises, but did go up and down the stairs quite a bit doing laundry, ironing, putting away Christmas decorations etc.

I went to the recycling center, dropped off a library book and gassed up the car.

Have a super week and a wonderful New Year! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang!!!

I’m on vacation and I’ve been working on eating bad stuff. LOL!

We will go see my nephew’s new location for his air conditioning business.

Then my cousin will come to our house and we will go out to eat.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for starting us off this week! I did one load of laundry myself and made dinner for me, Mom and Josh. Made fried rice from the leftover prime rib, sauteed zucchini and Mom sliced up some cucumbers. So a relatively easy dinner and watched some Star Wars movies. Josh and I are planning to go see the new Star Wars movie this Tuesday.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no_lyme_in_florida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no_lyme_in_florida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walked a few miles last night.

hiker, I postponed my tooth extraction to next Wednesday to give me a little more time to feel better from taking this antabuse. I took my last dose the day after Christmas and need to decide whether to take another dose now or wait until after tooth is pulled.

I am still walking and using the gym here at the apartment complex, but doing less than what I had been, which I think was the smart decision as I feel stronger now with more rest.

Going to work some today and then go to the gym tonight.

Posts: 233 | From ft. myers, florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NLIF-probably wise to postpone tooth extraction.

I did my shoulder and balance exercises today.

Another excruciating headaches. I may be begging for sinus surgery soon. I never get headaches and they were never a part of Lyme for me.

See GP tomorrow to see if need MRI of brain or neck. Waiting to get into eye doctor on a cancellation. I have glaucoma and that can cause headaches as can an improper prescription.

Am watching Illini football in Redbox bowl now.

Below freezing here with high winds and I have 2 young men finally raking my leaves. Hope they finish before dark.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise today but did have a chance to visit a friend of mine and her mother. Her Mom had a heart valve replacement and a pacemaker put in while I was on vacay. Her Mom is doing great and it was wonderful to spend time with them.

TuTu hope you enjoy your vacay this year!

Hiker worried about the ongoing headaches. Hope they find out what's causing them and you get some relief asap!

NLIF sometimes rest is just what we need!

Well....off to play a game on my laptop!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did my shoulder exercises and went to balance therapy.

I went to my GP this morning about my headaches. He ordered a brain MRI. That will take awhile with the holiday and insurance approval etc. He was kind enough to give me a script to take a valium before the procedure as he knows I am claustrophobic.

I had blood tests for iodine levels and all the usual thyroid tests and A1C test.

My once a month cleaning lady came today. She really works hard.

Friend coming over to tonight with champagne and snacks. I won't make it to midnight, though.

AK--How was the Star Wars movie?

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

No exercise today. Slept til 11:00 then got ready to make the 1:00 matinee of the new Star Wars movie which was AWESOME! Hung out with Josh at my Mom's afterwards and we started watching the 1990's Star Wars movies.

Brought in the new year at midnight with some bubbly, pizza and snacks.

Happy new year everyone!

[woohoo]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy New Year!!

I did my shoulder exercises and balance exercises.

Vacuumed my car and used the hose at the car wash to clean it up!

Now I am relaxing and watching football.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just another day of eating! My Mom took all of us out to the Chinese buffet so we're starting off the new year with overfull tummies and naps! LOL!!!

Hiker you're a whole lot more active than I am lately. I'm hoping to get back into the exercise groove this week. Yard work is calling.....

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Shoulder and balance exercises today.

Went grocery shopping.

Paid a visit to chiropractor who worked a lot on my neck thinking a misalignment of C2 vertebrae might be causing headaches.

There are 4 chiropractors in this office only 2 of which I let work on me. The one I saw today I think is the best but she isn’t there very often at the times I can go. She owns the practice.

My MRI is scheduled for January 16 but am hoping I don’t need it. Most of the time an MRI can’t tell cause of headache unless you have a tumor, an abscess, or an aneurysm and those 3 items usually have other symptoms.

Watching Illini basketball now.

[ 01-02-2020, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Very lazy day so no exercise. Just ran one errand and wasted the rest of the day playing computer games and watching Bob Hope and Bing Crosby movies.

Back to the movie.....

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I went to balance therapy this morning.

Went to library.

More off balance today and toxic probably due to chiropractic manipulation. Am afraid to have her work on my upper neck again as I fear vertigo.

Headache slightly worse today.

Just going to chill out tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Still no exercise yesterday but did go with Josh to our favorite indoor flea market. We were there for about 4 hours! So I did get a lot of walking in. Of course the benefit of that was obliterated by our visit to a country-cooking, all-you-can-eat buffet.

[shake]

So far 2020 is heading in the wrong direction!

See everyone later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--You are cracking me up. [Big Grin] Maybe when Josh heads back to work, your exercise can start up again.

I did my shoulder and balance exercises today.

Made a meatloaf and froze it.

Did a load of laundry.

A bit snowy, windy and cold out, so only ventured to the mailbox.

Am going to binge watch a show I DVR'd this fall. Have watched 6 episodes the last few days. 4 to go.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Managed 2 loads of laundry today and tried to clear up a bit of clutter in my bedroom.

Hiker, enjoy your binge-watching! I think I'll veg out and play either a game on my laptop or watch TV myself. Today I'm fasting because I've done so much damage for a couple of months.

So chilling is my plan for the rest of the day.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement