LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today: Feb 16, 2020

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today: Feb 16, 2020
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go gang with another week of moving and grooving!

What are you doing to be more active? Housework, cooking, laundry, shopping, walking, dancing, gardening, etc. and about anything else counts as exercise on this friendly thread.

We post our activities here to keep each other motivated.

So....here we go.......

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Thanks for starting us off.

I got up bright and early and went to Kroger to use my coupons before they expired.

Went to church. Small church so our choir today only had 6 members but they were so good!

Did my balance exercises and a load of laundry.

Went to recycling center.

Am tuckered out and going to relax the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, you two!

I didn't go to church today because our church was cleaned on Friday with horrible toxic chemicals. The church secretary's husband is our janitor.

This was supposedly a "green product." WHY they changed anything, I'll never know.

They KNOW I am extremely sensitive, but they don't care.

We went to choir yesterday and it was so horrible in there, that I was in shock.

I decided I just could not face 4-5 hours of the same today.

My husband said it was just as bad today as it was yesterday.

We have a council meeting this Thursday. It should be interesting. I don't even want to step foot in there again, but I will have to in order to advocate for myself.

So .. I did clean a bathroom today and washed two loads of clothes. I also made a quick trip to the grocery store in the late morning. Took two short naps today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I exercised on Sunday which I usually don't do, I took today off.

Other than going to the chiropractor I have been a total vegetable.

Worked on my Bible study and read. Really felt like my body needed to rest.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did my usual SI joint exercises and cooked up a storm yesterday. Made a coleslaw, spinach, pea, ham and cheese salad and bratwurst cooked with cabbage and neck bones.

Today I drove my Mom to Atlanta for her every 6 month liver cancer checkup. Her MRI and labs showed no cancer and her liver function is good. She's been cancer free for 2 years now! Thank God!

TuTu I feel for you reacting to cleaning chemicals! I'm sensitive to a bunch of things too!

Hiker I need to take a page from your book and get up earlier! I feel like such a slug lately!

Well...time to veg!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby ran the wood splitter while the boys put the logs in place and threw the wood on the back of the truck this afternoon.

I gathered up some trash to burn this afternoon. It was nice and sunny after the cold weather. Supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Worked at piecing some fleece baby blankets this evening. I'm planning to sell them for extra income. I'm using scraps so it takes some figuring out which pieces go together and look nice at the same time!

I will need to buy some extra fabric to have enough colors to blend things together. A white or cream will look nice with multiple colors.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Sunny but windy here, Manna. Should be sunny and cool the next few days.

I did my balance exercises.

Walked 20 minutes at rec center.

Stopped at library to return books and checked out one.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi all! Just SI joint stretches and 2 loads of laundry. Went to the movies this afternoon with Josh and saw the who done it Knives Out. It was pretty good.

Even though I just went Monday to Atlanta my Mom wants me to take her and her BFF back up there tomorrow for a bit of shopping. I don't mind while I'm not working.

Manna today I finally cut out just the pattern for my dress. Hoping to get the fabric cut this week. Looked over the directions and it seems relatively simple, no buttons or zippers. I'm a very new seamstress and it'll take me a whole day to make it.

Hiker you are doing great with the walking! I need to get back to the gym myself one of these days!

Well....off to read!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worked on my Bible study this evening. Also got my haircut today.

Tomorrow I need to run get some copies made and then go to Bible study.

We have an installer coming by tomorrow afternoon to measure our front door for a storm door to be put in.

Getting it done mostly for security, but I know I will like the extra light and ventilation when we need it. It has a pull down screen that is hidden until you need it. Super cool!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—your mom is a “shopping queen.”🤣

Tutu—hope you like your storm doors. Will help keep out winter cold, too.

Went grocery shopping this morning.

Just got back from getting a hair cut.

Time to read and then grill some pork chops.

[ 02-19-2020, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, that will be great to have better insulation too. That door faces south, but still.

The guy was supposed to come by this evening. He didn't show up.

I had hoped to have it done by Friday.

Hope you guys are all OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive spent a week now trying to put put kitchen back to gether after renovation and im about half done i think the living room is starting to look more like a living room not a junk room

im tired and maybe a little sick probably cuz i have not been eating as healthey as normal since i havent had kitchen for 2 months. im so glad its almost done.

AK what kind of dress? i used to sew a lot. now i have a childs sewing machine that will make seams. id like to make some simple dresses. ive been wearing pull on long skirts a lot cuz its so hard to get pants on. and off.

Tutu im curious about that door. do you have a link or can you tell me how to see it? my house is very low to ground which is good for my mobility issues but i am concerned about how easily someone could hop in a window. some sketchy things have been happening around here lately i know you are getting a door put in...but i wonder if the company has security windows. im having trouble picturing the screen.

i have taken etta out a few times this week but ive had to be in wc and even then cant go far cuz arms and hands are so tired. but ive gotten her out a few times we are both looking forward to sunny days at the beach

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Whew....didn't post yesterday but our day trip to Atlanta was uneventful and shorter than expected. Yay! Left at 10:00 and home by 4:00.

Just my SI stretches and taking it easy today. I'll start to pack though because I'm leaving Sunday to meet a friend in Savannah and will stay til Thursday. Then Friday me, Mom and her BFF are heading to Nashville for a wedding. So lots of driving for me!

Hiker I'm overdue for a haircut myself but will wait until the first week in March. How's the shoulder?

TuTu I love our security doors! They're heavy duty and more draft proof. I'd like to add bars to the windows especially in the back of the house where there's less light and they're more accessible but my Mom doesn't like bars.

Kayak so glad your kitchen is done! The dress is a Simplicity pattern S8910 and has a model wearing a light blue version of the dress I'm going to make. I bought some loose fitting t-shirt and sweat shirt type dresses while in Okinawa and I just love them! Doesn't do squat for the figure (fine by me) but are great with sneakers and running around.

Well....off to iron and pack a bit!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—sounds like you will be a traveling woman. Behave and don’t party too much! That goes for your mom, too. [Big Grin]

Lp-I bet you can’t wait until that kitchen is all put back together and your house is normal again.

I went to Bible study this morning. Smaller group than usual but I like smaller groups better. More discussion.

I did my balance exercises this afternoon.

I went for a walk outside and it was a lot colder and windy here than I expected, so I didn’t stay out all that long.

Settling on the couch now to read a mystery.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

I was supposed to go back to shoulder therapy today but therapist was out so I have a reprieve until Tuesday.

I did my balance exercises and walked 20 minutes. My knee is really bothering me so probably after shoulders are strong and not painful I will seek a diagnosis and remedy for knee.

Gassed up the car to drive over to my folk’s tomorrow.

Went to the library again.

Did one load of laundry.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

SI stretches and took Mom's car in to have the fluids and tires checked. Usually I do her car upkeep but the shop around the corner does it for free. Also ran and picked up 2 of my allergy meds and a deep hair conditioner.

I'm happy to report that I bleached my hair again and I'm not longer a carrot top! Must say I'm not sure if I like this super bleached look...oh well...

Hiker glad you didn't have shoulder therapy! Still hurting? BTW, totally enjoyed the poetry reading tonight. Not only did she read but also played a native American flute, saxophone and sang in English and her native tongue. I bought a book that has a collection of her poems and she signed it for me! Yay!

Well...off to bed!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That sounds amazing, AK!!! I'm so glad you were able to attend the event!

Hiker .. SAFE TRAVELS, OK???

Well, I haven't said much about the situation at our church. My husband was up there on Wednesday and the smell was still horrible.

Our Pastor came over Wednesday afternoon to discuss it. We let him know that for health reasons we cannot tolerate the odor. It took me two days to recover from the chemicals. Hubby also has asthma and he was reacting badly too.

So ... Pastor talked to the secretary and her husband (the "janitor") removed the "deodorizers." As I suspected, it was placed in the HVAC system. (At least I think so .. I won't ask) ..

He also said I need to meet with the janitor ... I said, "Wonderful!" They have NEVER asked me what I needed in order to be safe. Pastor said they told him they had used products I recommended and I said, "NO, they have NEVER asked me what to use."

I just know that the smell will still be there this Sunday. Hubby is going up there tomorrow to get ready for services, so we will see.

I hope he will take a fan with him to blow some of the smell out. We have few windows which can be opened.

So .. now you know too much!! LOL

If you are a praying person, please pray for this situation. It's a mess and has been for years.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance exercises this afternoon.

Drove over to my folks. Trying to get their tax info organized but not all forms have arrived.

Dinner at the retirement center is eggplant parmesan. If it is gluten free I will give it a try.

Otherwise just enjoying the say with my parents.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope you make some good progress, hiker!!

I ran a ton of errands today. Now my hip hurts. Which one? Well...both. [Wink]

At least I was able to get out and get things done. The weather was sunny and in the upper 50's. Cold and rainy tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

More SI joint stretches and 3 small loads of laundry today. Also ironed clothes for both upcoming trips. I don't know when I'm leaving tomorrow to head to Savannah but I plan on getting up at 8:00.

Takes about 4 hours to get there and am looking forward to visiting with my friend who's attending classes for the week.

Hiker I'm glad that you're visiting your folks and hope you have a great time!

TuTu the problem with the smells at church have been going on for years?! I sure hope and pray that it gets taken seriously! Hang in there my friend!

Well....waiting for my Doxepin to kick in and lower my histamine load so I can sleep. Night everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement