LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? Feb 21, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? Feb 21, 2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread! We like to post any and all activities to motivate one another to be as active as we can.

If you're gardening, sewing, cooking, walking, chopping wood, boating, skiing, etc. please post it here!

Here we go gang with the last week of the month!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a beautiful day here down in the south. Our high will be 64 with a low of 50.

Mom is still asleep so I'll probably just make some brunch later.

I have my concealed carry handgun class today at 2:00 and am looking forward to it. Sure hope they aren't going to be to crowded. Supposed to have social distancing but we'll see.

Afterwards I'm picking up Italian takeout for me, Mom and Josh since my class ends at 5:00 and I won't have time to cook.

Hope you all are having better weather!

Later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK—I am a bit jealous of your weather. Snow and freezing rain here and windy. How many concealed carry classes do you have to attend?

I went to church via Zoom.

Talked to mom. One of her cordless phones isn’t working again. Not sure if it is the phone or the wiring. She has wiring problems in November. Sure wish i could get into her apartment and try the phone in another spot in her apartment.
That way I would know if she needs a new phone.

Did a load of laundry.

Put ice melt on the drive and walk. I just can’t shovel anymore this winter. Shoulder is killing me.

Being lazy the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8919 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, AK and hiker!!

The weather here is OK .. still chilly, but I'll take it. We still have snow on the ground. It should be gone in a few days.

It wasn't supposed to freeze last night, but our parking lot was icy dicey this morning.

I enjoyed church very much. Feel so blessed to be able to attend. We even had some visitors. (people who are from MN and travel here a lot). Ironically, one of their fellow church members was there too!

She lives here part of the year and it was her first time back since last year. We had more people than we've had since maybe December.

We had shrimp cocktail and coleslaw for lunch. I was going to go to Hobby Lobby, but I got lazy. I think sitting at home for the greater part of two weeks has made me lazy. [Big Grin]

I'll be anxious to get out tomorrow though. I have quite a few errands to run.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Temperature reached 40 degrees today. Snow is melting!!

Did my knee exercises.

Mom got scammed by someone pretending to be from social security. She can't remember all the information she gave him but I think it was way too much. So, I spent a lot of time on the phone with her, my brother, and the bank and social security. Infuriates me that these scumbags prey on the elderly.

Balanced my checkbook.

Heading out to take the garbage down to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8919 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Today Mom and I went out and about. We went to the bank, the cable company, gas company, water company and tried to go to the power company but they were closed.

In fact the power company closed permanently here and the gas and water companies closed their lobbies.

I'm trying to add me to our utility accounts. 2 of the utilities were still in my Dad's name only. He passed away in 2005!

If something happens to my Mom I don't want to have to deal with switching everything over to me.

Also tried to pick up vitamins but no luck there either. They were out of our usual magnesium and the employee told me it was due to Covid. She said companies can't meet the demand and they're dealing with Covid too. She recommended I try online.

Hiker I agree with no more shoveling! I bought some CBD oil and it seems to help a bit. I take RX strength Advil too. I only had one class but I wish they had more! I learned more than I thought I would. Also purchased some type of 'insurance' for legal help in case I do have to use deadly force. Runs about $15 a month so I thought it was a good deal. I'll probably take some more classes. They didn't social distance so I moved my chair away from the group. 2 others did the same.

Burns me up about your poor Mom getting scammed! They call here all the time too. My Mom will say someone left a message and it sounds important. Soon as she says that, I know it's a scam. [Mad]

TuTu what's that about going ice skating? [Big Grin] Please be careful! I'm very jealous that you're able to eat shrimp! I had a reaction to a shrimp and scallop stir-fry in 2016 and have avoided seafood ever since. I'm trying to work up the courage to try fish. I've got 2 new Epipens (AuviQ) so might give it a shot.

Mom and I are going out to lunch. We have a gift certificate for dine in only. The place we're going does practice social distancing so we're heading out tomorrow too! Hope you enjoy your day!

Off to balance my sadly depleted checkbook.

[lol]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up early and called social security to see what can be done for mom getting scammed. Not much because so far they haven't used her informaton. But locked down her social security so someone can't use it for a job or umemployment benefits etc.

Drove the 140 mile round trip to take mom to several banks. It was good to see her and such a nice day. 53 degrees and sunny! Stopped at post office to mail some financial stuff and had my passport picture taken there.

Not like I am planning on traveling anytime soon, but wanted to renew my passport when it comes due rather than start all over and pay a higher fee.

Filled my bird feeders.

Just finished my balance exercises.

Off to make dinner and then watch Illini basketball.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hiker glad to hear you made it home. What an ordeal to go through with your Mom! Hopefully this will be the last time.

Mom and I went out to lunch then we walked around our favorite local thrift mall, Joey's. We bought a boxwood shrub, some scrap wood for me, candles and some Asian type bowls.

After I dropped Mom off at home I went to Home Depot and took pictures of different types of landscape edging options and decorative rocks. Trying to figure out something cheap but will last too. Decisions, decisions! Also picked up a small can of rusty metal primer for my chain link fence redo.

I'm just vegging now and might attempt some work outside tomorrow.

See everyone later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a sunshiny day! Daughter and I went out and walked around looking at everything, seeing where to plant flowers and shrubs and trees. She is getting some things from Arbor Day Foundation.

Repotted several of my houseplants. Several African Violets had baby plants coming up in the pots. I now have 10 plants instead of 6! Doubled the Amaryllis pots also, from 2 to 4.

We got a couple empty gallon sized water jugs ready for planting seeds. Using them as miniature greenhouses for starting the cool weather crops outdoors. I have cabbage, cauliflower & broccoli seeds ready to plant tomorrow morning.

Gabbed with my SIL awhile this afternoon.

Posts: 2261 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. So sorry to hear that your mother was scammed. It can happen so easily!! I don't know how my father-in-law escaped that.

When we would be at his house, we would hear him take calls and always reject them. I was always surprised, but he was somewhat street-wise . . a rancher and executive. Women are easier targets.

Someone hacked my SS account about 5 years ago. SS sent me a letter asking me to call them. They had to shut down the access to the online account, which was OK with me if it would help protect me.

AK .. Your shopping adventures always sound fun. It's making me want to go to one of the flea markets here. I used to have a favorite, but it's now a Dollar General.

Manna .. your weather sounds about like ours. I guess ours was a tad warmer at 72! It was sunny and oh so nice. Our snow is only in shady places or in piles. [Wink]

PS, Manna. My mother used to have about 50 African violets and I grew them too once I got married. She had to give hers up when she realized that the mold in the plants was making her sick. Every time she would water them, she would cough and choke.

I cleaned house yesterday and washed clothes. Sadly, I wasn't outside except to get my mail. I didn't need to do any shopping, so I just stayed in.

We will have more nice days ahead, I am sure!

Winter is almost over .. in many ways.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

A tad cooler here today but still sunny.

Went grocery shopping. Pistachios were on sale. Hope I don't sit and eat them all at once. Addictive!

Took my car through the car wash. My blue car is now blue again instead of white. LOL

Did my balance exercises.

Made a meatloaf and froze it. Organic ground beef was on sale and rather than freeze all the beef, I just cooked some right away. Organic ground turkey was on sale, too.

Called mom. I bought her new cordless phones and I walked her through how I want the maintenance man to set them up. Since I can't get into her apartment, yet, she will need help. Put the work order in on the retirement center portal with details, too, such as setting rings to 6 and turning volume up etc.

I am grilling a burger for dinner and having a salad and some sugar snap peas.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planted more seeds today. Used empty gallon water jugs as miniature greenhouse. Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, spinach & lettuce.

Carried the potatoes peelings and such like out to the chickens. Put one of the gingerbread houses out for the birds. Gave one to the dog and another to the goats. What a treat!

Washed the throw rugs and hung them out on the railing to dry. The last one I hung out was not dry when I brought them in.

We had sunshine and a little over 60 degrees. It was rather breezy so needed a jacket out there. Clouded over late afternoon and its been raining since around 5:30.

Posts: 2261 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Beautiful day here so I way overdid it prepping the chain link fence. Scrubbed it with a wire brush then picked off old dead vine stems stuck to the fence. I forgot I needed to pull the grass and dirt underneath so it ended up taking me over 4 hours.

I hurt every where and am medicated and in bed. Getting up early tomorrow to buy breakfast and something for dinner. Then off to get 1 can of primer and one chain link fence paint, a drop cloth and a lamb's wool 6 inch thick roller for the paint.

I'm pushing myself because we're getting rain later in the week.

Manna I need to get seeds started too this year. Going to put the raised garden bed that I bought Mom last year to good use.

Hiker washing the cars is on my Honey Do list too!

TuTu house cleaning is on my list too! I'm struggling to do the inside and outside chores. I want to push through the fence project then rest for a few days.

I'm gonna raid the fridge (for sweets) then off to bed!

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--I am guessing you overdid it today, too, with the fence painting, but I understand wanting to finish before the rain.

I had Bible study this morning via zoom.

Did my balance exercises.

Went to the library and got some books on hold.

Filled my suet feeder.

Received sad news that my cousin in Wyoming passed away after a 2 year battle with ovarian cancer. She was like a big sister to me. Talked to her husband (who is a jerk) for a bit and then talked a long time with her brother. Her hubby is refusing to buy an urn, write an obituary, set up a memorial service or accompany her brother to Texas where her ashes will be interned in the family plot later this spring. So, my cousin Frank (Pam's brother) will take care of everything. Frank is a good man!

Called mom.

Time to grill a pork chop for dinner. Then will watch Illini basketball and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

My condolences, hiker. I understand that close connection. My cousin and I are very close and we treat each other like sisters.

I'm so sorry to hear that her husband is so horrid. It's sad to think of how much that added to her suffering. [Frown] I pray she will rest in peace and enjoy her heavenly home.

AK .. tomorrow is your REST day!! I hope you are OK.

I washed sheets and dishes .. hey, it's important too. LOL .. I'm still doing lots of embroidery. I figured out that I could make at least 150 of these birds by Shoebox time!

The weather is still OK .. at least I like it. I think it was in the 50's. Got cloudy later in the day.

Carry on, everyone!

I went to pick up Mexican food for supper. Yummy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

We had sunshine again today, but not as warm. Lovely to see the sun!

Was my loafing day... so I didn't get much done besides baking bread.

The girls went shopping and went to the bank.

In the afternoon 2 of the children added another strand of wire to the goats fence so they stop jumping over it. Then they started digging out to put up the greenhouse.

Cooked supper out over a campfire, but ate inside. It was too chilly to eat outside.

Washed a load of table cloths and the smoky smelling jackets.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thought I'd try posting in the morning since I can't really move after working on the fence.

I worked for 7 hours yesterday. Primed and only painted one section. 4-5 to go. I had to paint with a brush on both sides of the chain link. It was too close to my neighbor's black chain link. I hope and pray today that I can use a roller and it doesn't spatter so much. I had no idea that chain link fence paint is so thin!

Couple errands to run then I'll be back at it!

Hiker I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. Her husband sounds like a real piece of work!

TuTu your Mexican food sounds delicious! Much to my dismay I'm not able to do anything after working, not even pick up anything. My rest days will be when I'm finished with the fence or if I get rained out.

Manna I'd like to 'loaf' around at your house! I'll bring the butter. The campfire sounds fun!

OK, think the pharmacy is open now so off to get my Mom's meds.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—Do they make spray paint for chain link fences? Maybe put cardboard behind the fence and try that although it would take a lot of spray paint, I am sure.

I had a fairly lazy day.

I did my knee exercises.

Made some blueberry muffins.

Worked a bit on Bible study.

Filled the bird feeders.

Called mom and then took a short nap.

Rain moving int this evening. Maybe that will get rid of the rest of the snow. Supposed to be mid50’s tomorrow.

Manna—campfire sounds great. S’mores, anyone?

Tutu—now I am craving Mexican. And a sangria. When I was in your town you steered me to a good Mexican place and the enchiladas and sangrias were wonderful. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I think that is the place I where I picked up the food!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hiker, daughter & I went out and toasted a couple marshmallows. Didn't have any graham crackers.

Ak, come on over and bring the butter, we'll have a loafing good time!

Today did laundry.

Baked a birthday cake for hubby - chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting! Also had hamburgers with all the fixings and macaroni salad.

Sunshine this morning and cloudy this afternoon & evening. Cooled off again. Sonny was complaining that it got cold again after the nice warm sunny days. I reminded him its still February!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

5 or so hours painting the fence yesterday and thank God it's finished. Staying in bed today on the heating pad.

Happy birthday to your hubs Manna! Cake and burgers sounds delicious!

I love Mexican food Tutu! I think it's Josh's favorite! We go to the same Mexican restaurant every year for his birthday.

Wish I could have spray painted Hiker but one side of the fence is too close to the neighbor's house and fence. Part of the fence is going to be left unpainted because it's about 2 feet from her fence. It has runs in it but it looks better than being rusty.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Glad you are done with that tough task!

Happy Birthday, Mr. MannaMe. Chocolate cake sounds yummy!

I did a load of laundry today.

Called mom.

Then a college friend called from WI. Yapped some more.

Best of all, my BFF came over and we were socially distant buddies in my driveway. I talk and text with her almost every day, but we haven't sat and chatted in person since October.

55 and sunny--can't beat that in February here!

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Cloudy day, rain this evening.

Got the laundry finished today. Did a couple extra loads - a blanket, some coats & jackets.

Measured out my flour for the bread next week.

Gabbed with 2 of my sister-in-laws today.

Did some desk work.

Still need to get something out of the freezer for lunch tomorrow.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement