LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » The latest on Covid vaccines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The latest on Covid vaccines
Ann-Ohio
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Called by Republicans as an expert witness before a June 2021 hearing of the Ohio House Health Committee,

[Dr. Sharon]Tenpenny promoted the false claim that COVID-19 vaccines cause people to become magnetized such that metal objects stick to their bodies,

adding, "There’s been people who have long suspected that there’s been some sort of an interface, yet-to-be-defined interface, between what’s being injected in these shots and all of the 5G towers"

"There's been people who have long suspected..." is not very reliable evidence.

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain the videos which show that it happens?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What videos?

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What! That's the first time I heard that!

[Eek!]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Covid Vaccine Injuries on Telegram.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of them are outright hoaxes (ie some are using double sided tape to get the objects to stick. This is more common in those that are trying to manipulate others for profit in some way, either to bolster their channel or because they're selling something/affiliate related), some are just a matter of skin tactility, moisture and the like. Depending on the particular item, sweat / grease other skin elements, its not too difficult to get something like a coin, a key, or other small object to stick to your skin in certain circumstances.

Most of this stuff is not backed up by any sort of sound science. Consider that even IF (and there is nothing to suggest it is true) someone was injected with something theoretically magnetic, it would not be A) concentrated in one place in the body or B) so strongly magnetic that it could hold up an object on magnetic force when touched to the skin, yet not cause any other immediately visible effects. If either of these things were true it would be immediately noticeable and frankly cause massive acute trauma. Consider for instance children who have swallowed the powerful neodymium magnets ending up needing surgery for perforation of the GI tract because of the magnets' attraction when in different coils of the intestine etc.

Pretty much any explanation to account for these issues I've heard is the kind of extraordinary claims that require extraordinary proof,and conspiratorial in nature (ie anything about nanomachine super computers, and secret substances or components that are are only used by elites, programmable matter, etc) , with no legitimate evidence displayed.

I don't think anyone contests that the COVID-19 vaccines can have side effects, but there is a ton of fear mongering and bad faith, no evidence reporting out there for a variety of reasons (including active disinformation). The baseless conspiracies and whatnot make it harder for legitimate patient concerns and practitioner/researcher investigations to be addressed. However, its important for them to also be put in the proper context for each patient and compared to the potential risks of getting the coronavirus!

P.S. - I got the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. Had the first injection early in June and will get my second after the 20t My LLMD got the same vaccine for that matter and suggests that his patients should in most cases get vaccinated as well.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Go check out the site .. the magnetism is the least of our worries.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Telegram advertises fake vaccine cards. Qanon posts on Telegram. That is enough for me to disbelieve anything that appears on that site.

Of course, every vaccine has some risk.

But COVID-19 has a greater risk than the covid vaccine.

The fewer people vaccinated the more the vaccine will mutate as it has In the Delta mutation. Just look at India and decide if the vaccine is worse than the disease.

I suspect the areas of the country with the lowest vaccine rates will see more hospitalizations, long haulers and deaths than areas with higher vaccine rates.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/06/hot-new-conspiracy-theory-vaccines-turns-you-into-a-magnet.html Good grief.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Telegram is not one site ... it's more like You Tube .. many sites.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

I don't believe I can trust You Tube posters for much of anything, surely not whether I should be vaccinated.

Good Luck to anyone who does!

--------------------
Ann-OH

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Science is not always science. Too often it is political. Everyone here has seen that happen.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Please hang in there with me. I’m trying to be respectful but truthful.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Respectfully, Tutu, the number of deaths due to covid vaccines is extremely low compared to the number of covid deaths and long term health effects of covid.

Certainly any vaccine can carry risks, but there are way too many conspiracy theories about the covid vaccine.

I can't find a "Covid Vaccine Injuries on Telegram." Are you talking about the Telegram messaging app that is drawing in right wing extremists as well as left wing extremists? Other countries are shutting down a lot of their channels for illegal activity and false info.

https://threatpost.com/telegram-forged-covid-19-vaccine-cards/166093/

Obviously with Lyme there has been so much misinformation--a lot of it from the CDC. But at least the CDC acknowledges the high rate of covid infection and death which they have not done with Lyme.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The CDC is still lying.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

gardenoflyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gardenoflyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD is anti-vax period, although when my daughter had children and did vaccinate, gave her something(NLA)that helps detox the junk in the vaccines and was safe for chidren.

However, I am having a difficult time understanding what damage these mRNA vaccines could have in the FUTURE.

I don't trust anything the CDC says based on their total lack of understanding about Lyme. My brain tells me that if they can't be honest about that, how can they be honest about anything else.

When the person that saved my life(i am 99% 99% of the time) from Lyme recommends again the Covid vaccine, who, logically, would you give the credence to?

This dilemma really shouldn't exist. Why is it so darn hard to just tell the truth--good side and bad about something? Or admit no one knows?

So far, I'm unvaxxed but finding it harder to stay that way. I really cannot find any good proof not to get the vaccine based on real science. Anyone have that?

Posts: 132 | From SE Pa | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

gardenoflyme, I totally get that the CDC is clueless about Lyme. But think about all the other diseases that exist that they know a lot about, and there are vaccines for.

Any vaccine has risks including the childhood vaccines such as measles, diphtheria etc.

I was put in contact with several nurses who suffer from Lyme. They worked on the covid wards and said if you had seen what they saw you would get vaccinated. They all got vaccinated in December. So far, no issues with the vaccine and it did not make their Lyme worse.

mRNA vaccines have fewer chemicals than a lot of vaccines and no mercury or aluminum like some vaccines.

The mRNA breaks down pretty quickly after giving the cell its message to make antibodies against covid just like our cell’s normal mRNA breaks down.

I, along with millions, have gotten the covid vaccine (Pfizer) with no issues except for a headache the next day that lasted about 8 hours.

I believe you will not be able to find good scientific proof for reasons not to get the vaccine.

I think you will find that many LLMDs recommend the mRNA vaccine. I used to see Dr. C in MO as did a friend. She called him and he recommended the mRNA vaccines.

I wanted not only to protect myself, but protect my immune compromised elderly mother as well as my friends and community, so I am happy to have gotten the shot.

And since so many unvaccinated people are not wearing masks, I feel a lot more comfortable in public now. Although I will admit if I go to a crowded place I often wear my mask.

But now I get together with friends in my house and see my mom in the retirement center and don’t need a mask. Very freeing.

God bless.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

https://www.yahoo.com/news/c-d-c-fixed-150120639.html

Article on the CDC .. LONG

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Interesting article.

CDC is not the agency that approves vaccines, though.

[ 06-21-2021, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No one has approved them yet.

Emergency use only.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to thank EVERY person on this planet that took the vaccine to protect themselves and others. You are hero’s.

I am immune compromised.. I produce NO antibodies.
Whether from birth or Lyme Disease. No antibody response.

The vaccines are always based on antibody response.

The COVID trials included NO immune compromised population.

There are ALOT of the immune compromised population who have been left to maneuver the politics, money motivated CDC and FDA guidelines or lack there of, for us to proceed.

I have been told I’m receptive to COVID antibodies through my monthly donor IVIG. I have also been told I will not generate enough COVID antibodies unless I receive 3 vaccines.

WHICH IS IT??????
CDC? Crickets as usual.
FDA any guidance?????? Crickets.

There are some reasons why some of us haven’t received the vaccine. Believe me, we would LOVE to feel the exhale of relief that the vaccinated now feel.

Still wearing a mask ( feel like a leper), social distancing, no gyms, no restaurants, shop in early morning, take my supplements, hand sanitizer and PRAY for answers to come.

Healing wishes for all.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Bartenderbonnie--I am sorry you and others cannot receive the vaccine and I agree that there are conflicting messages.

I also thank everyone that got the vaccine.

I hope no one who wears a mask feels like a leper. I still wear mine into stores, hair salon etc. I would hate to get a breakthrough or asymptomatic infection and give to someone who is not vaccinated.

I may wear my mask during flu season, too.

I know I really had to research and pray about the vaccine, because I had a bad reaction to a flu vaccine years ago.

But I got the vaccine and am happy to protect others and myself.

[ 06-22-2021, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did much research reading the doctor stuff.

I picked and got the J+J vaccine,it is not RDNA.

Something helped my bad back after that,I am able to do a lot of things again.

Maybe the J+J vaccine is the cure for Lyme.

We can't knock China for loosing containment on covid gain of function virus. When the USA lost containment on Lyme gain of function bacteria.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Hey, Maddog! so glad you are doing better.

Maybe kicking up your immune system helped it counteract some other problems.

Just don't overdo, you good puppy, you!

--------------------
Ann-OH

hiker53
Member # 6046

Weirdly, my longest Lyme symptom—Eustachian tube dysfunction, has gone away.

But I don’t know if it had anything to do with the vaccine.

Hard to tell, since I had an ear tube in which made the pressure fairly normal. Ear tube fell out between time of vaccine and June 1.

Could be hormonal changes, too, and could just be a temporary reprieve.

--------------------
Hiker53

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my LLFMD said NO WAY to vaccine for covid. she thinks all those vaccinated will be hit with possible DEATH in winter months when they contact "normal" flus or something... I didn't look into it becasue it scared me too much to read and plus my son vaccinated himself after already having covid-19!! and I am beyond scared for him already!

my dr. is not a kook and she is a very well respected sought after lyme lit. ILADS dr. She has fixed so many issues for me that no other dr could even understand what was wrong. and I have seen over 85 drs at this point...

I am listening with one ear, but I have always been an anti-vaxer anyway....

YIKES

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Exactly, Lisa.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Well, I guess when winter comes we will see if your doctor is correct, Lisa, and we will also see if more have died from covid because they refused the vaccine.

You do realize that those who were in the covid vaccine trials have been vaccinated for about a year now and they are not dropping dead.

The mRNA vaccines only tell the cells to make antibodies against covid. They have nothing to do with the flu.

But it is your personal choice whether to get the vaccine but your choice also affects those around you.

Hope all of you who are not vaccinated still wear a mask but somehow I doubt that. I base that on my friends who have not been vaccinated and now refuse to wear masks.

--------------------
Hiker53

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think folks are being way too hysterical about the COVID vaccines.

Lymenet.org did a survey of lyme patients and found those who got the vaccines had less side effects than general population.

Dr. H has posted blogs on Facebook with his love of mRNA and how safe and specific it is for Lyme patients. mRNA is highly specific, like a sniper rifle, and doesn't include any of the bad adjuvants or accumulating chemicals like older vaccines, many of which crank up the immune system causing problems.

Are there risks? Sure. Vaccine injuries are real and do happen. But they are like a plane crash. When they happen they are scary, but they are not likely to happen.

Given the 600K dead and risk of being a "long hauler", I chose to get Pfizer. And I handled it fine.

Is there a chance something could happen in the future? Sure. Likely? No way. The mRNA breaks down within 72 hours and there is nothing accumulating, etc.

I personally believe the vaccines are generally safe and much lower risk than getting COVID.

But...they aren't perfect.

However, I still think it is up to one's choice. As much as there are hard-line antivaxxers out there there are also crazy vaccine fanatics. Who want to inject everyone, even babies. They are just as bad as antivaxxers IMHO.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

According to VAERS, 10,000 in the USA have died from the C vaccine.

Here are the stats on flu vaccines:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-die-from-flu-shots-in-the-United-States-every-year?share=1

I'm sure I will be burned at the stake for this.

https://z3news.com/w/latest-vaers-data-show-5165-deaths-reported-following-covid-vaccines/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/06/14/1004757554/anti-vaccine-activists-use-a-federal-database-to-spread-fear-about-covid-vaccine

--------------------
Ann-OH

hiker53
Member # 6046

Thanks, Ann for posting that link.

VAERS is a self reporting link. ANYONE can report on it, so it is not verifiable.

My point. don't trust VAERS.

My other, question Tutu, is you keep saying not to trust the CDC. Vaers is part of the CDC. Hmm. Why would you trust it?

[ 07-02-2021, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be interesting to hear from those who have had serious adverse reactions... what really did happen? How are they now?

Do they have a forum like Lymenet to talk with others in the same boat?

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think there are many FB groups devoted to those people, Manna.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiker- from what I have read , the masks only stop those infected from spittlng when they talk/eat/breathe, etc. it doesn't stop anyone from getting it really. just like colds- the particles can fly in the air and go into your eyes just as easily.

unless covid is only inhaled? If that is correct then I have been wearing a thin one ply cotton mask this entire time and nothing yet. plus all 3 of our kids have had it and at least one of them had been sniffling and not washing hands (because they hate to) all over the house /kitchen and I never got it.

I don't know how that was, but someone recently showed me the supplement I am on in an article saying that it prevents covid. ???

so MAYBR that was it.
'listen , I had THREE small pox vaccines when I was little becaseuthey didn't "take" on me and drs thought I needed more .. they decided I had natural immunity for small pox. but I know for sure I have been sick all my life and have had a lot of strange things go wrong.

I can't help think those small pox vaccines had at least something to do with it.

I don't vaccinate against flu, shingles, or anything else- why would I do covid then?

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

I personally have. friend who almost died from the vaccine . she is a mystery illness victim with undiagnosed anything, but only goes to mainstream medicine and never uses anything alternative except she is a young living oil rep.

Her drs told her to get vaccine to protect her sick and fragile body. she we on a ventilator, in hospital for weeks. still not "recovered" and that was months ago.

As far as. myself goes- I just do not feel at all drawn to getting the vaccine. I have no worries about not getting it. this is exactly how I feel about flu shots and shingles shots and pretty much everything else. and it's OK. the vaccinated will be protected, and that is their biggest reason, right? so why any fuss if I or others don't want it??

[ 07-07-2021, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: LisaK ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Truth bombs ..

I don't vaccinate for anything either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LisaK--Of course it is your choice whether to get vaccinated or not.

I am sorry about your friend.

I have known 3 people who have died from Covid and several who are long haulers from Covid. It is awful. Certainly a lot more people have died from covid than from the vaccine.

And you can look at where the delta variant is spreading the most and it is in the unvaccinated areas like AR, MO etc.

Those who are unvaccinated and end up getting covid give the virus a chance to mutate. Then those who cannot get vaccinated are more vulnerable.

Also the current vaccines may not end up being effective against new mutants that arise.

So, unlike the shingles vaccine (which I won't get, either), getting vaccinated for covid is a whole different ball game. It is not just about me.

Those who are vaccinated will not spread covid to others. That protects you and Lymetoo and others who choose not to get vaccinated. Those who are not vaccinated and get covid are going to spread it. This is not just about me.

And about masks. The link below is just one of many I found that talks about masks not only keeping someone with covid from protecting others but also helps prevent someone who does not have covid from getting it.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

And it is very rare that covid is transmitted via the eyes.

Not trying to argue with you. LisaK. Just pointing out some logic and facts.

[ 07-06-2021, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm hoping to watch this tomorrow.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/05/30/covid-19-vaccines-causing-damage.aspx

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

yes, hiker, I have heard it ALL before. [Smile]
I understand your passion.. My passion lies elsewhere, and that is something I wouldn't want to take away from anyone.

I simply cannot trust mainstream drs. I have been burned over and over , infinity.

so when all of a sudden there is a vaccine that is "safe for everyone" , and the key word there is SUDDEN, then I tend to get even more protective of myself.

I would personally rather see our world spend more time and energy on the disease of moral decline . Now there is something that really needs fixing!

--------------------

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Even If you can't get the vaccine for health reasons, or you choose not to be vaccinated for Covid 19, I think we should all be grateful for all those who did get vaccinated as they are protecting us by getting our areas closer to "herd immunity".

Those who do not get vaccinated will continue to spread any variant of the infection among themselves - as is happening in a lot of mid-western states where people refused to be vaccinated. Cases and deaths are increasing there.

People who were vaccinated are protected against those variants which have been seen so far.

--------------------
Ann-OH

LisaK
Member # 41384

yes, if you are vaccinated and protected then please stop hounding those that medically CANNOT get vaccinated, thanks! [Smile]

no more lectures needed at this point. [Wink]

--------------------

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

I second that!

--------------------
Ann-OH

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More MIS-INFORMATION and not from social media but from my medical providers!

My 6 month follow up with my Immunologist.

Me: I was wondering if you could order testing to see if I have COVID antibodies, as I haven’t had the vaccine?

Doc: You NEED to get the vaccine.

Me: But I was told I am getting COVID antibodies in my monthly IVIG?

Doc: Funny you should mention that. . . Just this morning we were disgusting when we will start seeing COVID antibodies in IVIG because the products on the market are from last years production.

(I find this hard to believe as IVIG products are always in demand. And if true, COVID was circulating amongst the donor population last year.)

Me: I called my manufacturer and they said there was COVID antibodies in my iIVIG. It’s just I don’t trust them. They could be pulling out the antibodies to sell to intensive care patients as convalescent antibodies.

Doc: Well that’s good if they said the COVID antibodies are in your IVIG. Your immune system will be able to handle the vaccine.

Me: Will you test me for COVID antibodies?

Doc: No, there’s no need.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Bartenderbonnie,

I know my town has antibody testing and you don’t need to go to the doctor. Ours is at the airport.

You might check areas near you to see if it is available if you want to get tested.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks hiker

My town also has free testing sites but I believe it tests for the virus itself through nasal swabbing.

I need a blood test to determine if I have IGG antibodies to the COVID virus.

I found that Quest offers the blood test to anyone that wants it without a script, cost 78.00$.

https://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/Covid-19/Pricing/

Tomorrow will try a different provider of mine and see if I get lucky. If not, I will go to Quest. Like we don’t have enough problems. . . .

Lymetoo
Member # 743

My doctor has tested me twice for the COVID antibodies. I was hoping to get lucky like my friend did!

He is a great doctor, if you ask me. He has always supported me through Lyme disease, MCAS, everything.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Rats, BartenderBonnie.

My town offers both the nasal swab for PCR Covid test, a rapid covid test and the antibody test for free. All at the same location.

Even our prompt care offers the antibody test to see if IgG antibodies to covid are present.

I feel lucky to live in a town with 2 major hospitals and such good resources.

Good luck, BB, on getting the antibody test you need!

Tutu—Some people who had the original covid are now getting the delta variant.

My physical therapist friend had a bad case of covid in October and the antibody test shows no antibodies now. She can’t get vaccinated due to a platelet disorder and is very worried as she is exposed to so many people daily at her job.

Blessings. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

LisaK
Member # 41384

I have gone to our local testing at an urgent care place 4 times.

first regular covid test,
2- regular test
3 rapid test
4- antibody test,

all free covered by insurance

I was given a long lecture only the one time I went in and that was for the antibody test. the dr tried really hard to talk me out of it an due got in a really great lyme discussion and I think he learned something. [Smile]

He told me that if the test comes back positive it is most likely to do so and the reason being- that "everyone" has had viruses which are the common cold, so it you ever had a cold in your life the chance for the antibodies to chow up are high as can be.

I got test and guess what- 0 antibodies.
so I guess that means I never had a cold??
[bonk] [confused] [spinning smile] [woohoo]

I don't really know if what that dr. said is true as I didn't look into it, but to me, that test was sort of a waste of time and resources.

Bonnie, in your case I would def. want to get it too. I would be extremely curious to see what it says.

--------------------

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Update to my above post;

3 Physicians refused to order me a COVID antibody test.

Immunologist said no, get the vaccine.
LLMD said to ask my primary doctor.
Primary doctor said no.

I just cant believe this!

A simple question. . .
Am I receiving COVID antibodies through my monthly IVIG infusions?

Once again, I have to take the bull by the horn and be my own doctor. I ordered the COVID antibody test through Quest. It is $ 69.00 plus $ 5.00 for Quest doctor to sign off on it. Total $ 75.00. I’ll have my results by Monday. Will keep you updated.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Is there a reason you need to be tested?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Yes there is a reason why I want to be tested.

I want to know if my ivig is offering me any sort of protection.
I want to know if my body can even produce a covid antibody.
I want to know if the manufacturer of my ivig is telling me the truth.
I want to know for my own piece of mind.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Bartenderbonnie--Can't believe how the doctors have treated you and passed the buck.

Are there not pop up antibody testing sites in your town?

So sorry you are having so much trouble with this. Do keep us posted. We care!

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Update to my above post;

“No COVID-19 antibodies detected in my blood sample”

So I was right to question the manufacturer of my monthly IVIG.
My IVIG offers me absolutely no protection from COVID-19.
Primary Immune Disorder patients are led to a false sense of security.

A vaccine will not offer me any protection either because I simply don’t make antibodies. That’s why I have to rely on donor antibodies for other viruses and infections.

Regardless of my test results, I would never cease my strict protocols to stay safe. I have an assortment of masks that are my fashion statement. Here’s my new one;

https://shop.moodybluestoday.com/collections/accessories/products/fma-face-mask-2

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Does IVIG offer immunity to other viruses?

I don't have any antibodies either, but I haven't had CV yet that I know of.

I love the Moody Blues! I missed seeing them here about 10 years ago, darn it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Moody Blues mask!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

BartenderBonnie, sorry you don’t have any antibodies. I’d be ticked to with the untruthfulness of the manufacturer of your IVIG.

Great mask.

Nights in White Satin! Loved the Moody Blues and the music of that era.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Sorry, I really should have started a new topic concerning IVIG and COVID-19.

“Does IVIG offer immunity to other viruses?”

Yes, lots of viruses and certain bacterial pathogens. What ever.the population carries, you get. That can be scary too. A few patients have tested positive for a rabies vaccine after a transfusion! But I now have antibodies to the measles, chicken pox, pneumonia, tetanus, lots.

Here are articles from early last year, 2020, all stating COVID-19 is now in IVIG products.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32397847/

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.07.029017v2

So what happened to the COVID-19 antibodies in the IVIG?

Well there was a mad dash, a war over securing these very profitable antibodies. Red Cross was recruited, one woman received 30 e-mails in one day for her convalescent antibodies, passengers of the Diamond Cruise ship received 800.00, another 100.00 gift card. Lots of companies fighting over ( their words “OIL”)

/https://khn.org/news/covid-survivors-blood-plasma-is-a-sought-after-new-commodity/

Survivor covid-19 patient’s antibodies are a commodity, liquid gold..

From my experiment and research, I do not believe patients will see COVID-19 antibodies in IVIG products for their primary immune disease ever again.

If anyone is receiving IVIG monthly and has positive COVID-19 antibodies, I would LOVE to hear from you! ❤️

P.S. I was so sick but forced myself to see a Moody Blues concert 5 years ago. 8 rows from stage, cried like a teenager the whole time. Accepted if I died, I had no regrets and would die HAPPY!!!!!! 😎

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement