LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise--What you CAN do: Jan 23, 2022

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise--What you CAN do: Jan 23, 2022
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we are with another chilly week of shaking and baking, moving and grooving!

If you're out and about running errands, or just plain out running, walking, washing clothes, dishes, etc. please post it here.

We like to encourage one another to be as active as we possibly can.

Depending on where you live, bundle up or throw some shorts and enjoy your activities!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6153 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--Thanks for getting us started.

Snow passed us by last night but another chance of light snow tonight and freezing rain tomorrow. Then back to the deep freeze. No shorts anytime soon!

Watched my church's service on Youtube this morning.

Did a load of laundry.

Took my recycling to the bins in the grocery store lot and also dropped off library books at the drop off there. So convenient. Just 4 blocks away.

Talked to mom.

Took a short nap. Stayed up too late last night and am dragging a bit today.

Chick flick tonight on tv.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8900 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't sleep well either Hiker. Hope your Mom is doing OK. My library is having a paperback sale this coming up weekend so I'll probably mosey on down there.

Up early and went to pay a bill for Mom and pick up a few groceries.

Made a taco salad for lunch then the two of us headed to the indoor flea market for some browsing and walking around. We lasted 2 hours!

Once home I cooked a pot of ham and pinto beans, sauteed kale and corn bread. Took some and dropped it off in Josh's carport. He's not feeling well and is quarantined until Thursday.

Poor guy!

Stay warm friends!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6153 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. sometimes it's the little errands that bog us down. The boring ones. LOL.

AK .. I'm so sorry that Josh is sick. [Frown]
Hope he feels better soon.

We went to church .. first time since Jan 2nd. It was great to be back. Our Pastor has had vertigo all week, so he preached from a wheelchair. He said he's doing better.

Hubby and I went to eat at a place I bought a season's pass. It's a buffet, so we eat half price. I also get into shows at the theater next to it for free. It's a deal!!

We are taking advantage of it now while the tourists aren't here. Later, it will get too busy to go there on Sundays.

Thankfully, the food is good.

Took a nap this afternoon and have been watching football this evening. My neighbors were pretty excited about their Chiefs!! What a game!

See ya tomorrow!

[ 01-24-2022, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--I haven't been to a buffet in years. No decent ones around here.

That Chiefs/Bills game sure was a good one. I don't like the OT rules. The Bills never got a chance to get the ball, so it seems like the coin toss was the deciding factor. [Big Grin]

AK--Sorry Josh is ill again. Hope he recovers quickly!

I swept the snow off the drive. Not much but I didn't want it to melt into water today and then freeze tonight.

Did my balance exercises.

Played message tag with the mom's podiatrist. She thinks, like I do, that the dislocation is pretty old and wants to show her how to tape her little toe to the one next to it to see if that helps. If not she will recommend a surgeon, but I don't see mom having surgery.

Couldn't get in any sooner than Feb. 2 to the podiatrist. Taping the toes sounds simple but when you are 94, with arthritic hands and can't bend over this will be hard for mom.

Went to functional chiropractor. The past few times he has said my adrenals are only functioning at 20% but none of his supplements have helped if this is really true. Trying out a new homeopathic from him this week. Was able to drop several, so that helps moneywise.

Then tried to balance my checkbook. Argh!

Time to get the garbage to the curb and then cook a couple of hamburgers for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8900 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Busy day today. Picked up a small bouquet, chocolate mousse bar cake and chocolate coffee bean ice cream for my BDay tomorrow compliments of Josh.

Worked in the yard just a bit, made chicken salad, paid a bill online for Mom.

Mom made chicken and dumplings for dinner. Her bestie came over and I ran some over to Josh.

Talked with my AK bestie for quite awhile. Her mom passed away in November and her stepdad a month later. My friend and her hubs had to fly to Michigan and take care of the estate which is still ongoing. They got home last Sunday. So much to deal with in such a short time!

Hiker hope the taping will help your Mom.

TuTu glad you're back home safe and sound!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Feels like Alaska here with windchills at 20 below tonight.

Hope you enjoy your birthday dinner and dessert!

Worked on Bible study this morning for quite a while.

Cleaned out the "junk" drawer in the kitchen.

My knee has flared up big time with tendonitis. Spent some time icing it and also used infrared light on it. Am going to take some time off from my knee exercises. I have been doing them for almost 2 years three times a week and I think the repetition has contributed.

Physical therapist also told me to only do balance exercises that don't hurt the knee. Will try to figure that out tomorrow.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. Plan to watch Illini basketball on TV tonight although their best player is out with a concussion.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH yikes .. now the knee??

UGH.

It was cold here, but the sun made it tolerable.

Did exercise at CR this morning, then to church for 2 1/2 hours of working on our loomed hats. That was fun!

Then came home to bring food to hubby. Also ate something myself. Then back out to return some items at WM and Aldi.

I also went to Jockey for new underwear. I had a birthday coupon for $10. I also bought a fleece jacket... like a fancy sweatshirt.

Now I'm home and ready for a nap .. I don't care if it's 5:30!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AK!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hiker that sounds like AK weather alright! You know my knee has been a bit tweeted also. Mine is due to weight gain...sigh...

TuTu I thought I was the only one who bought bras and underwear in the month of my birthday. Hanes outlet gives a percentage off for your birth month and I usually take advantage of it.

Just me and Mom went out to Bonefish Grill for my bday. Josh is still quarantined.

My Mom paid for dinner as my present and Josh paid for cake, ice cream and flowers. He also gave me an Amazon gift card, cash and a new slim wallet. I am so blessed!

Hoping to get some sleep but I over ate and might have a problem.

I had chicken topped with spinach and goat cheese, mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. Mom had shrimp and scallop linguini and sauteed spinach. We also had a fancy Cosmo drink that was a bit strong. Mom had about four sips so I had to finish it for her along with mine... [Big Grin]

We had chocolate mousse cake and chocolate espresso bean gelato at home.

Weight loss = 0 and I wonder why! LOL!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Your birthday dinner sounds wonderful.

Tutu--Way to go on the exercise. The loomed hats sounds like a fun activity with friends.

Sunny day here but very chilly. Still, got out and went to the grocery store. They had peanuts on sale and I forgot to get some. I love any kind of nut.

Went to the library to pick up some books on hold along with another Sidney P. movie. As soon as I got home I got an email saying another book I had on hold has come in. LOL I will pick it up another day.

Filled my bird feeders and the birds attacked the seed immediately. I am sure they are cold, too.

Talked to mom.

Worked a bit on my taxes. Still have a few forms to come and I think it will be midFebruary before they get there.

Manna-- Are you going to get the snow that the east coast is getting this weekend? My friend in Boston said up to 16 inches there predicted.

I did my balance exercises. Wore my knee brace to the store and to do the exercises but now my knee is killing me. Grr. Ice time tonight.

Have a good evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning when I got up, I peeked out my bedroom window. It was cloudy. When I looked out the bathroom window, just minutes later - it was snowing! Snowed most of the morning and the sun was peeking trough at times.

The boys had left for work before it started snowing and had no snow at all. So it must have been just a snow shower right here!

Sunshine the rest of the day and cold! Its 11* right now at 7:30pm.

I think we are supposed to get more snow on Friday. We have about 2 inches on the ground.

Haven't seen as many birds at the feeders this year. We do have more cats than last year and have acquired a few more since the one neighbor left.

Folded wash and mended a couple pairs of jeans for the boys.

Daughter cleaned out and organized the pantry.

Watered the plants. Discovered I've been neglecting my apple tree seedlings and some died. Got too dry. I am happy that several geraniums cuttings are looking healthy. I haven't been so successful with geraniums so far.

One of my african violets needs to be repotted and all the babies transplanted into their own pots. I'd like to get glass shelves to put at a north window and fill them with African violets.

Posts: 2255 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Too cold!!! It was low 30's today. At least I think it made it that high. It was 29 at about 5 pm.

Hiker .. go easy on those nuts! Glad you got some more books you were wanting.

Stay warm Manna and Hiker!

AK.. sounds like a great birthday dinner! I hope you can see Josh this weekend.

We went to the city today. Hubby got some new cowboy boots. He's tired of lacing up his winter boots. (age is a factor)

Shocking that he found some to fit. We donated his old boots he had taken along to the Western Shop in hopes they had a solution to them. They said they donate boots to the nearby Boys' Ranch.

Then we stopped by the music store.. they didn't have what he needed. Then on to dinner. (early) We have to get there EARLY if we want to eat there.

Then off to get my gold chain put in the heart pendant hubby bought me early this week. It's really pretty and I wanted a different chain.

They are also going to tighten the diamonds (4) because some were loose. I hope to pick it up tomorrow.

I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow morning. I wish I had realized today was Wednesday when we were eating out. [Smile] LOL.

We ordered and then about 3 min later a waiter flew by our table and left us two apple turnovers. WHAT??? We didn't even order them.

Sigh. [Razz]

Anyway .. good food but not good for the scale!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--I love african violets. Don't have any right now as I don't have a place to put anymore indoor plants.

Tutu--Hope your cardio appointment went well (despite the apple turnovers;) )

Had Bible study with my group this morning. Awesome as usual.

Saw the weather forecast for next week and got mom's podiatry appointment a day earlier to avoid the snow.

Did a quick run to Walgreens and then Krogers. All I needed at Krogers was canola oil. Every other grocery sells it in huge bottles that would go rancid before I even got halfway through it.

Made some blueberry muffins (which required canola oil).

Talked with mom and my brother.

Took a short nap.

Time to fix some dinner and then be a reading couch potato.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

HEY!! I was released for a year!!! First time in 14 years that I didn't have to go back in 3 or 6 months!! WHY!??! We are crediting my CPAP!!

Never underestimate the power of those things!!

Went to cardiac rehab and did great, considering I woke up with a painful ankle. What the heck?

I blame it on the weather. It snowed briefly last night and then a little this morning. The hill was OK .. whew.

So, I ran a few errands. Had everything done by noon. Took a nap from 2-3:30. Nice.

So we've had supper and now we cruise.

Have a great evening, everyone!!

Manna, my mom used to have about 50 African violet plants all along our windows. I grew them too, for awhile They are fun to grow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was baking day again. 28 loaves and 2 packs of dinner rolls. We ate one loaf for lunch!

Hubby & the children took down the single chimney from the attic through the upstairs bedroom. We'll take the kitchen part out later when we remodel the kitchen.

The girls want a secret closet where the chimney used to be. There was wood covering the chimney, so you didn't see any bricks.

It was cold here today, 1* when I got up this morning! Its at a balmy 32* right now! Thankfully, we rarely have much wind, so it doesn't feel as cold as it does when the wind just blows right through you.

Daughter has been doctoring up the cat that was penned under our house. She has some sort of damage that paralyzed /weakened her. Today she was standing for a little, but was swaying and would fall over. So she is improving! She's a pretty multicolored cat.

Washed a pile of dishes and still have more to do. Sonny is baking whoopie pies, so more dishes coming up!

Posts: 2255 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Up about 6:30 and got ready for the day. Put away dishes and visited with my friend's Mom for a few hours today. She has dementia and it's just so sad. I've known this family for years and am happy to help out.

My own little Mom is doing wonderful so far and I think she enjoys some peace and quiet. She stays in her jammies and watches Japanese movies on YouTube. LOL!

Once home I had my leftovers from my BDay and Mom had hers. I had to jazz up her pasta a bit because she didn't like it too much. She loved that I added pesto, tomato paste and olive oil.

Hiker my library is having a paperback book sale Saturday so me and a friend of mine are going at 10:00 and then having lunch afterwards. Wish you could join us!

Manna bet the African violets are going to be so pretty in that window. Nothing like a burst of purple to make you smile.

TuTu my Mom's been giving me most of her jewelry. One is a beautiful heart pendant. I've only worn it once and was afraid I'd lose it the whole time. Hope you get a strong chain!

Well, I'm beat and am heading for bed. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Woke up to unexpected snowfall. It ended after lunch and I cleared the drive. Quite chilly and windy out.

Made a meatloaf and stuck it in the oven. Realized I forgot to add catsup. Pulled it out of the oven and dumped it back in the bowl to remix it before putting it back in the oven. Turned out fine and most resides in the freezer now. [Big Grin]

Worked on Bible study.

Watched the old movie, “Look Who’s Coming to Dinner” with Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, and Sidney Poitier.

My usual Friday dinner of gluten free pizza and tossed salad coming up. Then reading this evening.

So glad I don’t live on the east coast with the bomb cyclone coming. Midweek we expect more than 8 inches of snow and I am dreading it.

Have a great evening. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker, glad you saved your meatloaf, lol.
I made veg beef barley soup but forgot the barley.

Last week I made mini stuffed cabbage rolls but forgot about them until it was too late. Looked like balls of coal. Yes, I cried.

This morning dropped dog off at groomers.

Stopped at Tractor Supply for cat supplies.

Stopped at butcher store for organic beef soup bones.

Stopped at pharmacy for meds.

Stopped at Starbucks and grabbed 2 lg coffees to go.

Got home and put everything away but had to leave again as it was time to pick up dog. After I got the dog, I stopped and picked up a fish fry.

I changed back into my pajama’s, fed all the animals, placed my fish fry on my bed tray and ate while I watched the movie Choclat. (It was a cute movie). Took 45 min nap.

Total time out of the house - 3 hours.
It was a good day. 😀

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Another busy day! Up early and made coffee. Chugged some and scarfed down some chicken salad and crackers for breakfast then off to the hardware store to get drawer pulls for the entertainment center.

Home to repair those and fill in extra holes with wood filler.

Had plans to start on my concrete block wall along the fence line but Mom wanted an outing so we went to 2 thrift malls.

On the way home we also stopped at Starbucks.

I bought a Chinese historical drama DVD (surprise, surprise) and the horror classic, Asylum. Picked up work gloves for Josh and a small sledge hammer the size of a regular hammer at one thrift mall and at the other a bigger pair or jeans and heavy hoodie for yardwork.

Hiker meatloaf sounds delish! Love that movie! I love old movies and foreign film.

BB I like that movie too! One of my friends recommended it. Glad you had a good day!

Going to watch a movie! Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

hiker .. I did something like that once when I made meatloaf. (long time ago)

The movies sound good, you guys. I'm just not a good movie watcher. I think my attention span is too short. LOL>

I went to the city today to pick up my necklace. It looks awesome with the new chain! They also helped me get my wedding ring off.

It needs to be sized. She said to wait 2-3 weeks so my finger can go back to normal. [Big Grin]

I went to three different coin shops to buy some silver. One was permanently closed. The last shop was awesome. Also met very interesting people there.

I made a side trip to Mardel...one of my favorite stops when I go to town. I bought some decorations for flower pots. One is a cardinal .. it's made out of metal. Got a great looking Christian tee, also.

Stopped for a BBQ sandwich before I came home. It was a successful day and I was pretty tired when I got back.

I put a cornish game hen in the oven about 4 pm. Took a brief nap about 6 pm.

AK .. I'm glad it's warm enough to get some outdoor work done!! I think I'm going to go to a big flea market soon. I never can find a parking place there when all the tourists are in town.

I'm really enjoying freedoms like that this winter!! It's easy to find parking places just about everywhere. Whew.

Good to see you, Bonnie!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Bartender--Glad you could out of the house for a time!

Tutu--You are all over the town!

AK--The idea of yardwork in January is foreign to me. LOL

Ran some errands this morning. I filled the car with gas, went to library, bank, and then to get bird seed. The young man manning the cash register was unable to make change for me and had to call his supervisor. Sheesh. When I taught math we practiced giving change.

Did a load of laundry.

Worked on Bible study.

Called mom.

Am watching the Fighting Illini basketball game now.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to go over my sister’s house this morning to help her clean and do odd jobs. She has helped me SO much the past year, always picking up things for me, she is very big hearted.

I did not want to go as I was tired from yesterday. Last night she texted me to ask if we could reschedule. I said “Of coarse!”. This is the 1st time someone canceled and it wasn’t me, he he.

I cleaned kitty litter boxes (2 cats, 2 litter boxes) and took out garbage and recyclables.

I colored my hair but the color didn’t take and now my hair feels like straw. Does anyone else notice your hair doesn’t color like it used to?

Hiker-agree about the younger generation not being able to count money. I’ve trained many bartenders and I have seen many pull out their iPhones to figure out how to make change on a transaction. Sorry but that’s a deal breaker in the beverage industry.

Gonna call my old boss and touch base. It’s important to maintain friendships. There is so little joy lately. I feel like we’re living in an alternate universe.

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! Went with a friend to the library for their paperback book sale. I was proud of myself that I kept it down to just 6 this time. LOL!

She took me to lunch and paid as a late bday gift. We tried a Japanese restaurant downtown. Mine was so so. I had stir fried noodles and veggies. It had a bit too much sauce for my taste. She had a sushi/roll combo. I was very jealous and tried not to drool to much when I looked at her food.

Had a great time and came home and have spent the day picking up all the windblown trash in the yard and reading.

BB I feel that way too sometimes when plans are canceled especially if I'm tired. Oh and I don't color my hair because I have psoriasis but have noticed my hair would be so dry when I did while I was working.

TuTu I would so go with you to the flea market! I love treasure hunting!

Hiker I'm putting off the yardwork for awhile. My knee is bothering me a bit and don't know how I'd do with all the lifting, etc. I really need to start strengthening my muscles so I can manage my heavy duty chores. Sigh....

Well...I can't wait to get back to one of my books! Bye for now!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

When ya coming, AK??

Manna and hiker .. I had a discussion with a young lady about making change the other day. I had to explain to her why I gave her 51 cents in change.

She knew she was lacking in understanding, but I was gentle with her. Kinda felt sorry for her. She didn't seem dumb, just uneducated.

Sigh

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement