LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Keebler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keebler
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was notified today that Keebler passed away on October 1, 2022. I have no knowledge of her exact cause of death other than her family said she died due to her battle with long term lyme disease.

Many will remember her but for those who did not know her you can find many of her great posts in the archives. For years she gave generously of her time and knowledge by posting lots of great information gleaned from many hours/years of research. She was a kind and caring person who was always trying to be helpful. She would often answer a persons questions even when it hurt to type or she was feeling beyond tired or really sick.

Rest in love and peace Keebler. You made a difference and you will be missed.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sad to hear this. I will never forget Keebler for all of her kindness and carefully researched responses to those struggling with Lyme and especially those struggling with neurological and auditory symptoms (which I have struggled with for many years). May she rest in peace.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such sad news on the loss of our beloved LymeNet member Keebler. ❤️💚

Thank you for posting Terry.

My last contact with Keebler was through private message in 2020 when she stated she was leaving LymeNet.
It was her wish to please tell folks to utilize LymeNet’s search function and archives to access all her life’s work.

I will share my last interaction with our tireless Lyme Warrior Keebler, as its meaningful message still rings true on this saddest of days. Crying. . . We will never forgot you dear Keebler ❤️💚

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177 Icon 1 posted 01-07-2020 06:18 PM Profile for Bartenderbonnie

Dearest Keebler

It is with GREAT sadness that I write this.
I cannot imagine a Lymenet without you.
I am crying. . . .you are LOVED more than you realize.

MANY will miss your presence, spirit, and daily dedication that you have provided after all these years, during the most difficult times each one has ever faced. I feel like l just LOST a really good friend. Others as well will feel the same. Crying again. . . .

I understand and respect your decision.
I wish you only the best ❤️

I do so wish you would reconsider your plans as to remain silent on your departure. One of the hardest things for me to deal with after being a Lymenet member these past 4 years is the loss of friendships without an explanation. I always wonder what happened to them.

You deserve the very best of SEND -OFFS !!!!!
It should be a JOYEST occasion, a new beginning, a path full of new possibilities and explorations.

I hope you have a BETTER life. I hope we ALL do !!!!!
Never will forget you. 💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚

P.S. THANK YOU for all your kind words and knowledge that helped me navigate and LEARN. You are my hero!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2981 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh this breaks my heart. Sometime last year when Keebler was on my mind a lot, I sent her an email to let her know she was missed and my hope was she was doing good.

She didn't respond and every time I dropped in here, I was hoping for a new Keebler response.

Rest in peace.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will be missed, Keebler!

Keebler always listed her location as Tree House. Heaven has a big tree house for Keebler!

[ 10-22-2022, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8929 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fondly remember Keebler in the tree house. Always thought of cookies and smiled.
She was a kindred spirit and a brilliant researcher and friend.
Bon Voyage, dear Keebler

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1604 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad for the research function on this site. Keebler has helped me tremendously through the years.

It saddens me to hear she has died. I'm glad she is resting in peace.

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 9 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in peace dear Keebs!

Keebs was one of those incredible members here that never had anything bad to say about other members and strived through so many posts to help others.

Will be sorely missed!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6167 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. So sad to hear. She was very devoted to everyone here!

Anytime you miss her, just check the archives!

Happy Tree House Heaven, Keeb!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sad to hear! Love and prayers to her family and all who knew her. She will be missed!

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was always helping someone. She was an encyclopedia of information. She will be missed for certain.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so sad. I adored her! She was so helpful to everyone even when she was severely compromised in her own health. She would research what people were saying here and post a lot of medical info. I think she was a journalist and she was using her skillset to help out here.

She told me she was living in a semi-closet because she could not handle looking at light. Think about that, folks - someone giving everything she could even when her health was down.

I wish we all could have told her how much she meant to everyone here.

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you are suffering, it helps to reach out. We thank her so much.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She pulled out of Lymenet because she wasn't feeling well. Gave me her email, we chatted a little, but not recently. Again, I'm so sorry! No one deserves this fate!
Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sad to learn of Keebler's passing. I remember her fondly and will be praying for comfort for her family and friends.
Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear this. She was always there when I needed it.

Hope she has finally gotten to that tranquil treehouse in her dreams.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P Keebler.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no!!! I haven't been here in ages. I went to do a search for a topic that I posted numerous times in the past (about side-effects of minocycline), and I found lots of great info, including a lot from our, dear Keebler!

And then I saw this post that she has passed on. When she went off LN, I knew it had to be because she was not feeling well.

I am so sorry to hear this. She did so much for so many for umpteen years!! She was irreplaceable. Well, she is beyond suffering now. But what a loss for LN. Truly a great loss.

And, it's true, all of her work lives on in the archives. We are blessed to have her wonderful dedicated research and knowledge still on LN. Still it's sad.

I used to "talk" to her about a great photojournalist that we both loved, Bill Cunningham. We both got so much joy from his wonderful photos of street fashion in NYC. Oh, I'd love to "talk" to her again about the wild, wonderful world that he photographed.

Thank you, Bartender Bonnie. I never had a way of contacting her when she wasn't on LN, much as I wished that I did. Thank you for telling her how much she was loved and missed, and how much her tireless work did for all of us.

[ 11-14-2022, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Rumigirl ]

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ran across this announcement, and I am devastated. It hit me like the earth stood still a moment.

Rest In Peace ! You will be missed.

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

I know - it still hits me hard. She was a journalist by profession and knew how to research and helped everyone here who wanted to know something. I'm sure we still have some of her lengthy info posts in archives.
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remembering our tireless LYME WARRIOR and DEAR FRIEND, KEEBLER, on this Memorial Day 2023. ❤️💚

WE MISS YOU 💔💔💔💔💔

Posts: 2981 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement