LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise—what you Can do today: February 26

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise—what you Can do today: February 26
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let’s march forward with our exercise as we head into March this week (sorry, bad pun). [woohoo]

Tell us about your exercise this week—whether it is going to the gym, walking, doing yardwork, using resistance bands at home, cleaning, or grocery shopping etc.

Or just tell us about your day.

Hope your week is full of encouragement as well as exercise. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the National Cathedral Church service online.

Did a load of laundry.

Rode the exercise bike for 25 minutes.

Went to recycling at my old school’s parking lot and then dropped off books at the public library. I still have 3 to read so didn’t go in.

Talked to mom twice. Had to convince her that an old letter she found about getting a vaccine was just an old letter and she is not getting any vaccines this spring. I don’t know where all these papers come from because I scour her apartment every time I visit. Lol

Then chatted with my BFF. She still teaches science so we always have a lot to chat about.

Walked across the street to my neighbors. Didn’t stay long but it sure is gorgeous out. 50 and sunny with no wind. That will change tomorrow with rainstorms and high winds.

Caught the end of the Illini basketball game. They got creamed.

I am going to work on my cryptoquote puzzles now and then fix dinner with meatloaf, green beans and tossed salad.

Need to go to bed earlier tonight as I have an early morning dental appointment. Hopefully just a cleaning!

By the way last night I watched a good movie called A Soldier’s Story. It is from 1984 and I didn’t even recognize Danzel Washington. It was his second movie.

[ 02-26-2023, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us off and running!

I just saw that movie listed on Roku and I love Denzel!

Good luck at the dentist!

Smoothies for breakfast followed with SI PT for the 2 of us and shoulder PT for me with all my new exercises. Also we both did our SI PT this evening.

My Mom is acting very off cognitively and emotionally. I'm calling her Onco in the morning because I'm wondering since her liver is impaired if she's not detoxing all the morphine.

She is not herself.

Have errands in the a.m. and calls to make. We head to ATL Wednesday for a catscan of lungs, abdomen and pelvis. It's going to be rough but necessary.

Before i forget we did go out and I had an amazing time and got home by 11:00.

Later friends!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got up earlier than usual.

Warmed up on the exercise bike for 5 minutes and then did my knee exercises.

Went to the dentist. Got a good report after having my teeth cleaned. Hurrah!

Then after coming home I rode the exercise bike another 20 minutes and did my feet exercises and shoulder stretches.

Talked to my mom.

Filled out the ballot for our local election and will drop it at the police station this week. They have a convenient drop box in their lobby. Only 4 drop boxes in the entire county.

Cleaned out the closet in the guest bedroom so the carpet lady can measure the whole room tomorrow.

Made a cup of hot chocolate and read for awhile

Tonight is the night to drag the garbage bin to the curb but I am not going to bother. It is rainy with 45 mph wind gusts and I know my lightweight bin will just blow over. Really has been a nasty day with a tornado not too far from here. Unseasonably warm.

I will grill 2 burgers this evening and have one tonight and one tomorrow night. I have some leftover asparagus and will make a spinach salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day. Usual amount of bread and cookies. Sonny skipped baking whoopie pies.

He accidently cut his finger at work today and till we got it rebandaged properly here at home, he was in pain. Has an ice pack wrapped around it.

Sunny this morning when I got up, then clouded over and rained. Sunny again over lunchtime, rained this afternoon. Sunny late afternoon and rain again this evening. Even a bit of thunder and lightening tonight.

Got 25 eggs today. Going to start sending some along to the store. Need to box some up tonight.

Got an order for 2 girls dresses. Will finish them up tomorrow morning.

Sent off a belated birthday card for my aunt.

Put some sweet potatoes in potting soil to start growing slips.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Repeat of therapy and exercises but still need to do my SI therapy as soon as I'm done here.

Talked with Onco's nurse navigator and Mom is off the morphine and is like her old self. She's back on a milder narcotic every 4 hours so I have to stay up til midnight then wake us both up at 4 and I'm usually up before 8 but we'll see.

Gonna be tough but she's feeling much better.

Picked up water, went to 2 pharmacies and bought groceries.

Smoothies for breakfast and leftovers for dinner.

Manna I bet your house smells heavenly on baking day!

Hiker yay for the good report!

I'm getting sleepy and I'm glad I set an alarm on my Alexa for midnight.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew .. I'm SO glad your mom is off the morphine, AK. Very happy to hear this. Even happier to hear that she is feeling better off of it!!!

We will be going to Texas on Thursday for my husband's cousin's funeral. He passed away on Sunday. He's the one who had a bicycle accident about 6 months ago.

He's been paralyzed since then. So tragic. He was a super guy.

We are thankful that the funeral is in the Dallas area. We would not be able to make it all the way to South Texas right now.

Bible study tomorrow. I have half of it done. I'm off to finish it up.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—Glad your mom is returning to her normal self. You sure were correct about the morphine. Hope her scan goes well tomorrow.

Lymetoo-sorry about your husband’s cousin.

I slept in until 8:30 this morning.

Then did my balance and feet exercises plus the shoulder stretches.

Rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes.

Lady from carpet store came and measured. Should get an estimate tomorrow. Then I put all the stuff back in the closet except for a few boxes that I recycled.

Did my daily devotion and listened to morning prayer service form the National Cathedral like I normally due. Also watched a Christian video about hope.

I miss our Bible study. We have share and prayer on Thursdays and hope to start 2 Samuel in late spring. Keep praying for our leader’s leukemia to go back into remission.

Leftovers for dinner tonight. Am hard boiling some eggs now for tomorrow.

[ 02-28-2023, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sonny was home from work today. Slept till lunchtime. After lunch we rebandaged his finger. Its looking good.

Sewed the zippers in two dresses and got them out in the mailbox in plenty of time.

Cut up the fruits and veggies for Hubby's breakfast smoothies and extra's for juceing.

Wrote a letter.

Put a quilt in the frame and started quilting. Its almost like putting puzzles together - when you start you can hardly stop again! LOL

Washed the eggs - waiting for them to dry before I box them up. Got 27 eggs this evening! The most in one day so far! The youngest ones have started laying now.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-glad Sonny’s finger isn’t too bad!

I warmed up on the exercise bike for 5 minutes and then did my knee and feet exercises.

Went grocery shopping. Baskin Robbins ice cream was 99 cents a pint. Bought 2 and then was healthy with rest of my groceries.

Came back and separated the burger into pattys and froze them. 2 per package.

Called mom.

Rode the exercise bike another 15 minutes.

Went to the library. Got 4 books on hold. The fifth book that was on hold could not be found. Librarian has no clue where it went, so I had to put it on hold again. That is fine as 4 books is plenty. The library is such a great place!

Filled the bird feeders. Saw that my Lenten rose is blooming. It has no leaves but lots of blossoms. A bit early but I guess it is Lent. It is 60 degrees today and sunny. [Cool] [Cool]

Chatted outside with my former student who owns a carpet cleaning business and now he is a real estate agent. He is putting flyers on neighborhood doors for his businesses.

Decided to only carpet the guest bedroom and not my office. I need to sign the contract and pay some money tomorrow.

Cooked a large chicken breast to go with broccoli and salad tonight. Will only eat half and use the other half tomorrow night.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Guys pray for us! I'm sleeping with my Mom tonight and she's in and out of it speaking Japanese....I'm holding her hand....

Bad news today. Her cancer has spread.

My brother said he had to go to church so couldn't make it.

Josh is still sick.

My friend came by to see my Mom.

Oh God!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—Sending prayers your way. I am so sorry. [Frown]

Did the doctor say anything about hospice?

[group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. I'm so sorry to hear this. Hang in there. I pray that your mom will go easily and peacefully.

We love you, AK!!

[group hug]

Many prayers for your family.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Praying for you and your mom, AK.

Re bandaged Sonny's finger again tonight after work. Looks good, but will take some time to heal. Took several layers of skin off.

Got the first row of patches quilted, and started on the second row.

Got some real exercise in today. Hiked up the mountain and through the hayfield. Its 130 steps up the hill to the hayfield, all UP hill!

Was nice and warm out today.

Hubby worked on one vehicle and washed another one.

Checked on my mini greenhouses - the geraniums are up and the allyssum! Its March so I can soon plant the next batch of seeds.

Daughter baked banana bread to sell. Saved one loaf for us to try. It disappeared really fast!

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Alaska Lone Wolf
Very sorry to hear about your Mom’s devastating progression.
Heartbreaking 💔

You are doing everything humanly possible to keep her in your world and comfortable. You are an extraordinary daughter ❤️❤️❤️

I would lay with my Mom and hold her hand too.
It gave her comfort and lowered her anxiety. We made sure she was never alone. But it took 6 of us, not just one person can do it.

Please find caregivers that will sit with Mom. Hospice will come for a few hours. You will need others to work in shifts. You cannot go this alone.

I have a brother like you do. It is unacceptable behavior! He is adding more stress to an unbearable coarse.

I pray for God’s grace. ❤️
I pray for your strength and health. ❤️
I pray your Mom still has more quality time. ❤️

Please let us know how we can help. ❤️

Bonnie

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. My Mom is in the hospital since last night. She has a UTI and dangerously low sodium.

I haven't seen the doctor yet.

She's speaking English now but is still not well and is twitching away and can only walk as far as the bathroom.

I got home around 5:00 this morning and was back up here at 10:30.

A case manager is working with us and mentioned sending her somewhere but didn't say where and offered home health aid, therapist, etc.

I'll see what the doctor says and go from there.

I don't think you guys realize how much your kindness and support mean to me. I was crying as I read all the encouraging words and it helps me tremendously.

I love you all!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—We are here for you. My whole Bible study is praying for your mom and for you. Glad there is a caseworker to help. Hopefully, you can set up some services for your mom to help your mom and give you some rest, too.

I had my Bible study group for share and prayer time. Lasted almost 2 hours.

Did my balance exercises, feet exercises, shoulder stretches and rode the exercise bike for 11 minutes. So, I have exceeded my 100 minute per week biking goal. [Smile]

Went to the carpet store to sign contract and drop off down payment.

Stopped at the local donut/coffee shop for a bagel and a cup of decaf. Wrote a letter to a friend while I was there and mailed it on the way home.

There is always a group of older men at this donut shop and they were all construction workers. So, I asked for advice on who to use for roofing the house. They all agreed on 2 companies. Probably should call them and get estimates because I am sure they will be booked spring through fall.

This morning the prediction was for 5-9 inches of snow tomorrow but it has been downgraded to 2-5 inches. The wind advisory is still in place, though.

Talked to Red Cross to confirm they are coming Saturday to install new smoke alarms. New state law requires alarms with a 10 year battery and they will do it for free in conjunction with city fire department. Wow!

Spent some time gathering medical costs from mom to pass on to my brother for doing the taxes.

Plan to watch Illini basketball after dinner.

[ 03-02-2023, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Snowy and very windy here. High wind warning with gusts up to 60 mph. City hall closed early due to power outages. Hoping my power stays on.

I warmed up on the exercise bike for 5 minutes before doing my knee and feet exercises.

Wrote a card to a good friend (former roommate) whose mom just passed away and got in the mail.

Talked to my mom. Then called her insurance e company with some questions and wasn’t satisfied with the answers. Lol

Took an hour long nap.

Just went out and cleared the snow as the wind had died down. We didn’t very much but it was too heavy to even lift so just pushed it to the sides. My shoulder is already complaining. Finished and snow plow came by and threw up so much slushy snow that I went back out and cleared some. Don’t want it to freeze solid tonight.

Store bought gluten free pizza tonight with a tossed salad topped with zucchini, carrots, and strawberries.

Then reading and maybe some TV.

AK—Hope your mom is home soon! 💕

[ 03-03-2023, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I was at the hospital from 9-8. Gave Mom a shower and changed her into flannel jammies.

She's no longer on a sodium chloride IV but is back on the lower dose morphine and Tylenol 3. She's doing better and should be released tomorrow.

I do not like being home without her. The house seems so empty.

I'd elaborate but I'm tired and am going to unwind and get some sleep.

Night my friends!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Sleep good tonight, AK. So glad your mom is doing better.

Its windy and rainy here tonight. 58*

Got the laundry washed and dried, but its not all folded yet.

Worked at the quilt today. I'm pleased with how much I got done.

Mixed the sunflower seeds and scratch grains into the chicken feed this morning. Filled their grain barrel up again.

Gathered 25 eggs today. Sent 13 dozen along to the store and sold all but 2 dozen.

Dishwasher has a malfunction in the buttons - it stops whenever it feels like it. Hopefully its something Hubby can fix.

Wrote a letter to a friend and sent it.

Re bandaged Sonny's finger.

Put a layered supper in the crockpot this morning... Potatoes, carrots, peas, onions, celery, peppers, ground beef (browned) with a can of tomato soup mixed with one can of water poured over top. Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste. Cook on low 8 - 10 hours. Yummy!

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—Hope your mom is home now. She is so blessed to have you!

Manna—your layered crockpot supper sounds easy and delicious. I don’t know why I rarely use my crockpot. I used it a lot when I was working.

Did my balance exercises this morning.

Then did a load of laundry.

Fire department came and installed new smoke alarms. They pulled up in a big ladder truck as well as the paramedic van. I bet the neighbors were wondering what was going on. [Big Grin]

Chatted a little bit with my brother.

Watched a Beth Moore Christian video.

Watched some of the speakers on the free Lyme webinar that Bonnie posted about.

Sat in the recliner and read this afternoon.

Defrosted spaghetti sauce for dinner to go over rice pasta. Will steam some sort of vegetable and probably make a spinach salad.

Then may watch a chick flick after dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

6Hypnone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6Hypnone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I try to work out ~30 min, 4x/ week. I do legs and abs, next day arms and abs, 1 day off, then cardio. Every other cardio day, I take the last 10 min and do yoga.

I read recently where if near meno age, it's best to only do moderate workouts bc high Intensity will now be too much stress on the body. Therefore, causes a rise in cortisol. Therefore, weight gain.
Isn't that a kick in the pants!

So not sure where that line is... But I guess if gaining weight and working out, don't work out as much and look into medical reasons for the gain... Hypothyroid, hormone imbalances, adrenal fatigue, iodine deficiency (which is around about 99% of the population), etc

Posts: 606 | From sw suburbs of chicago, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Haven't had time for PT or exercises but Mom is home now and I'll be super busy.

Tons of laundry to do and need some fresh fruit and veggies. Also plan on moving into my Mom's room with her so need to rearrange and move out furniture.

Also need to get some flowers in the containers outside and spruce up the porch.

Occupational and physical therapy along with an RN and a home health aide should start coming regularly for awhile. I'm looking forward to their help and suggestions on keeping my Mom safe and healthy at home.

Your dinners sound so good guys! I've been eating horribly, mostly junk and hardly any veggies. My body is having fits with all the buns and fried everything. Ugh...I feel sluggish and bloated.

Need to unwind and get some rest. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement