LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise—what you Can do today: July 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise—what you Can do today: July 2
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the exercise thread. Can’t believe it is July already.

Here we encourage each other to get up and move about. [woohoo]

Perhaps you are walking, swimming, gardening, doing laundry, vacuuming or shopping. All these and more count.

So, tell us about your exercise or just tell us about your day.

Have a great week and Happy Independence Day! [hi] 🎆🇺🇸

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8905 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched my church’s service on YouTube this morning. Then watched the sermon from the National Cathedral. Always amazes me how they are based on the same scripture readings (both Episcopal churches) and, yet, the interpretations are so different.

Did a load of laundry.

Rode the exercise bike 25 minutes.

Called mom.

Took a nap and read most of the afternoon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8905 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great day Hiker!

I dusted a bit, vacuumed and changed our bedding today. Didn't feel like cooking so opened a can of veggie chili to go with hotdogs and chips.

My shoulder blade is bothering me from digging the other day and as soon as I'm able will start PT again.

Trying to go to bed early because I'm taking Josh to the doc to get his stitches removed.

Still struggling but am hoping to make grief counseling this Thursday.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6157 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very toxic again today. Happens about 3-4 days after I am around someone with no mask on. Spent my time with mom and others at her retirement center with no mask. This is getting really old fast.

Managed to walk 16 minutes. Then did my knee, feet and shoulder exercises.

Zipped to a chiropractor to buy silymarin.

After lunch I rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes.

Called mom.

Got an interesting call from the funeral home that we used when my father died. A man had contacted them looking for me. The funeral home forwarded the email. The brother of dad’s childhood friend wants to write a book about my dad. Famous author from a small town type of thing. My dad would not wish that. Sort of bizarre.

Time to fix dinner and the get the garbage to the curb and deal with recycling.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did laundry today. It all went in the dryer because it was rainy today. I have most of it folded already.

Didn't bake any bread since the store is closed for the 4th.

We plan to go visit friends tomorrow.

Want to go pick the raspberries and blueberries this evening.

Supper was corn fritters, peas and hamburger bbq. Ice cream for dessert with your choice of peanut butter or chocolate syrup or both! I had peanut butter with mine.

We had 32 chicks hatch over the weekend. I think 5 of them are keets. The keet hatch rate is very poor. We could sell a quite a few of them as people are complaining about the amount of ticks this year.

Saw my moonflowers have finally started growing. I was beginning to think they died out over winter.

Posts: 2257 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Manna didn't realize moon flowers were perennials.

Hiker odd about the person wanting to write a book about your Dad.

Very busy day. Took Josh to get his stitches removed then we grocery shopped at Sam's and Aldi's.

After a late lunch we worked for a few hours moving knick knacks around and switching TVs from my room to the living room. Also moved DVD players and Rokus. My TV is 10 inches bigger and has a sound bar and sub woofer.

It was alot of work and I'm exhausted! I had to do the heavy lifting but Josh did help as much as he could.

Having my Mom's BFF and a friend of mine coming for a late lunch tomorrow to celebrate the 4th. I'm slicing a prime rib roast into steaks to grill, boiling corn on the cob, making a salad and Josh bought a Sam's apple pie. My Mom's friend is bringing hash browns.

Hope everyone has a wonderful fourth of July!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6157 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Independence Day!

Manna--I have heard the ticks are horrible this year. Hope you had luck with raspberry and blueberry picking.

AK--Sounds like back breaking work to move items, but I am sure you are glad you did. Your Fourth of July Celebration sounds delightful.

My day has been pretty boring.

I did my balance, shoulder and feet exercises. Then rode the exercise bike for 25 minutes.

Finished reading a novel that was sad. Have a new book to start about a woman scientist who worked on the polio vaccine. True story.

I took a short nap.

Plan to grill a burger for tonight.

It is clouding up, so not sure I will drive somewhere to watch fireworks from afar or not. My neighbors usually shoot off plenty, despite them being illegal here, so at any rate, I should see some.

May watch an old movie, as well.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I’m so happy to report that I got back into the pool today after a 9 day break. First the wildfire smoke, then the constant rain and cloudy days and last week another bout with strep throat. It was AWLFUL.

The 4th of July brought a new beginning.

I had to start from scratch on my workout routine. Start slowly, don’t OVERDUE it. Started with 10 laps then took 1/2 break. Got back in and did another 10 laps then took 1/2 break. Last time in, I walked 10 laps forward then 10 laps backward. Stop. Continue tomorrow.

Still weak from strep with a sporadic racing heart.
Tomorrow have Hematologist appointment for followup on blood tests results, Please sent good vibes out to my Guardian Angel🌟

Neighbor brought over homemade sauce with penne macaroni & meatballs & sausage & garlic bread. It was delicious. Have leftovers too!

My sister brought over cheesecake and brownies.
I would eat cheesecake first so I put Reddiwhip crème on it. The whipcreme melted within 1 minute due to humidity. So I put more on it and ate it fast, hee hee.

Washed 3 pairs of sneakers and 2 pairs of flip flops.

Took little Ellie for a walk to the mailbox even though it’s a holiday.
She has her routine. Now when is garbage day????????

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent the day with friends, helping build a deck for a hot tub.

Stopped for ice cream on the way home.

Set off a few little fireworks. Some of the children went to see if they could see any of the neighbors setting off firework. We could hear a lot of them but couldn't see any from home.

Sounds like you all had a good day!

Posts: 2257 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy 4th of July friends!

Late lunch was a smashing success and we all had a wonderful time. My Mom's BFF was a bit teary and that got me going too.

Neighbors all around set off fireworks so Josh and I were outside tonight to watch with carport kitty in tow.

Hiker I would have done low key too if I didn't have company.

BB glad you're fee!ing better!

Manna hope it wasn't to hot in your neck of the woods today.

Taking Josh to an eye appointment in the morning and hoping to veg afterwards.

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Saw a lot of fireworks out my window last night.

Today I went grocery shopping. Got home and my legs didn’t want to work again. So, I grabbed the wheelbarrow and loaded the grocery bags into it in order to get them to the front porch. Crazy. [Eek!]

This afternoon I ordered a grocery cart from Amazon that folds up.

Think I need to see a neurologist as this issue just isn’t going away. Am on the waiting list but my regular appointment with the neurology P.A. Is in late August. My neurologist retired and I don’t like the one in the office so always see the P.A. May need to find a new neurologist. My BFF is pressing me to do more.

Did my knee and feet exercises.

Since I bought ground turkey today I went ahead and made spaghetti sauce and froze it for later use.

Called mom.

Rode the exercise bike for 16 minutes.

Dropped my car off at the mechanic to work on tomorrow and friends gave me a ride home.

Then called BFF as it was her birthday.

Communicated via email with the guy who is interested in writing about my father. He sent me pictures of my dad in high school. What a pleasure to get those.

Having chicken, yellow squash, and tossed salad for dinner.

Will continue to read my book about Dorothy Horstmann who worked with polio in the 1940’s. Very interesting as not many women were in science back then.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Had a sunny day.

Moved the chicken fence to fresh grass this morning. Was hot & tired till I got that done.

Opened a can of soup for lunch and added some leftover peas n beans & ham broth.

Washed a load of bedding. Folded the last basket of clean clothes.

Picked raspberries.

Planted flowers along the side of the barn.

Checked on the pickle vines - they are supposed to growing up a trellis, but they need some help to encourage them to grab ahold of the cattle panels.

The beans are growing up their cattle panels.Some of them are taller than I am already!

The yellow bush beans will soon be ready.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hiker I agree with your BFF. You need to find out what's going on with your legs!

Manna you stay so busy! I put cat litter in one of my long rectangular planters that kitty was using as a litter box. It won't go in the litter! I have to find out where he's doing his business. I've noticed more flies around too which I don't like.

Took Josh to his appointment and made phone calls later dealing with changing utilities. Have a water leak somewhere and hoping the plumber will show up tomorrow so getting up at 6:30.

Josh and I cleaned out one of the fridges that I'm giving to my brother. He's supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

My shoulder and shoulder blade aren't happy with all the work I've been doing. I'm calling physical therapy and will start back on that.

Have my first grief support meeting tomorrow at 5:00.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—good for you for getting back into PT. And I know the grief support group is a big step.

Rode the exercise bike 10 minutes. Legs better today in term of pain but still very weak.

Bible study this morning with my women’s group.

Did my balance exercises.

Friends took me to pick up my car at the mechanic after lunch. Lots of maintenance work done on it.

Lay in the recliner for an hour this afternoon and just prayed.

Read a bit.

Then went out and did yardwork but didn’t last long. Cooler today but humid. The grass hasn’t been mowed in 5 weeks due to lack of rain but I trimmed around the sidewalk and driveway and around my patio where it was going to seed. Bret said he would mow next week.

Did a touch of weeding because they grow even when the grass doesn’t.

Watered my annuals. Then filled the safflower feeder.

Leftovers for dinner and then I hope to finish my book on Dr. Dorothy Horstmann. Interesting to read about all the steps needed in the race for a polio vaccine. She played a huge role as she was the first to find polio in the blood although she didn’t get a lot of credit.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Hematologist labs were all negative! [woohoo]
(I had 6 cancer gene markers and one leukemia gene marker test)

My Guardian Angel once again SAVED my life. I believe my Guardian Angel is a woman at this point because she is so damn efficient!

I once worked with a Native American who I confided in about having my Guardian Angel since a young age. He told me before going to sleep, ask to please reveal yourself in my dreams. I haven’t mustered that ability to connect.

I had a pool party to celebrate 🎊
The water was perfect 82*.
Made cheeseburgers, French fries and watermelon.
I was able to socialize and enjoy myself for 4 hours, no pain when in pool. I was so relaxed and stress free afterwards.

I did 10 laps sessions.
50 laps in total.
Lots of horseplay fun in-between.
We made HUGE waves with our rafts, it was a blast.

MannaMe - I bet if you wore a Fitbit watch, you would log over 20,000 steps per day!

Hiker- I love biographies! People are amazing creatures!
Could the pain in your legs originate from your lower back?

akinwlf- everyone’s heart breaks for the pain and grief you are in, It is a life changing event in your reality, the hardest thing you’ll ever navigate. Sending you strength and hugs [group hug]

Today I do nothing, hee hee. 😀

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Bartenderbonnie—hurrah for your labs. Glad you could swim and have a good day!

I rode the exercise bike as a warmup for my knee, feet, and shoulder exercises. Did hit the 100 minute goal for the bike but really need to be walking more.

Got my haircut. She went up in price but still a bargain at $22 plus tip.

After lunch I did a little yardwork. Got out the heavy electric hedge trimmer and deadheaded my coreopsis. Still took me 30 minutes because I have so many but better than doing it by hand. Hopefully they will bloom again this summer.

I think every “no see ‘em” bug found my arms. And my shoulder hurts but it was such a nice day to be outside for a while.

Called mom.

Did some EM and lay in my recliner and prayed again for an hour.

My legs felt better again today. Bonnie, I did wonder if ergonomics was an issue with quad pain but seems odd it is only the quads. But much less pain today. However, I haven’t ridden the exercise bike a lot the past two days.

Got my new “old lady” grocery cart to get groceries from garage to front porch. Put it together and took cardboard box to recycling bins.

Ordering Chipotle burrito bowl for dinner but no dairy on it as I am reacting to the casein. So, need to go pick it up now.

[ 07-07-2023, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

We got rain last night and this morning. Hurrah!

Did a load of laundry.

Then did my balance and shoulder exercises.

Baked salmon with potato and asparagus for lunch.

Had a lazy afternoon of reading.

Defrosted spaghetti sauce to go over rice pasta with zucchini and a tossed salad tonight.

Probably watch another old movie after dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

The girls went out of state this weekend. Two of the boys had to work today. So only one son here today.

Hubby worked at fixing equipment until it was too hot outside.

Did several loads of laundry. Using the dryer.

Picked the yellow string beans this morning. Half a household bucket full. We will have fresh beans tomorrow!

Found several pickles on the vines! They are full of blossoms.

Pulled the weeds in the flowerbed beside the house. Got a piece of plastic lattice to put up at the edge of the porch before I plant flowers.

Oldest son went for groceries this morning and got pizza and ceaser salad for supper.

One of the boys is tillering the garden where the peas came out. Want to plant late corn, more sweet potatoes and some odds n ends of stuff. Sunflowers is another one.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement