LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » "Is the CDC going backwards on Lyme?"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Is the CDC going backwards on Lyme?"
Ann-Ohio
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.lymedisease.org/is-cdc-going-backwards-on-lyme/

"On October 25, 2023, the CDC published a new page on its website entitled Chronic Symptoms Following Infections. It lists “Some disease agents that have been linked to chronic symptoms.”

First on that alphabetized list is “Borrelia burgdorferi (bacteria causing Lyme disease).”

Many in the Lyme community, myself included, considered this to be a HUGE leap forward with the CDC finally acknowledging the concept of the chronic symptoms of Lyme disease that are suffered by many.

Unfortunately, on January 12, 2024, the CDC updated a different page on Chronic symptoms and Lyme disease, crushing some of my hopes.

That page contains so many errors it almost seems like intentional gaslighting.

While I have witnessed significant positive changes since the inception of the Tick-Borne Disease Working Group, it’s clear we have a long way to go.

Below is a list of just a few of the errors I found on the new “Chronic symptoms and Lyme disease” page."

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1597 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep going on this article - even though there are lots of interruptions for more information and for resources.

Scroll past them and be sure to read this part:

"Don’t Give Up Hope

I’m not giving up hope, and neither should you.

As Dr. John Aucott of Johns Hopkins acknowledges “The true extent of this insidious epidemic is still unknown,

but it is clear, based on my experience and work, that it’s no longer accurate to simply argue that chronic Lyme disease doesn’t exist.“

This week the HHS (Health and Human Services) published its national Vector-Borne Disease Strategy.
"https://www.cdc.gov/ncezid/dvbd/pdf/VBD-National-Strategy-508.pdf" (Scroll down to read the entire publication)

It identifies and describes federal priorities to detect, prevent, respond to,

and control diseases and conditions caused by vectors—

disease-carrying insects and arachnids, such as ticks, mosquitoes and lice."

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1597 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Richard Horowitz’s response to the CDC’s refusal to follow the science .. . He’s mad and will continue to fight for us!

“ Oh God, say it ain't so. I gave a lot of my time to work on the HHS TBDWG, as did Pat Smith. And this is where we are now? The CDC is still questioning the origin of persistent symptoms and the cause(s)?

All the studies I published on dapsone and the 16 point MSIDS model are being ignored? There is only one way to end the debate. A randomized controlled trial on dapsone. I am having so many successes with dapsone combination therapy and addressing issues on the MSIDS map, that I am 100% CERTAIN of my findings.

Yes, Lyme can be a persistent infection, as can Babesia and Bartonella.

See all the references in our published work...

I'm sorry for the Lyme patients who are suffering that 6 years of the HHS TBDWG has led to this outcome. We put in a lot of work into those committee reports. And the science is being ignored! WOW!”

Shout out to Dr Horowitz 💚

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

That's great! He is a very persistent explorer for ways to treat Tick-borne diseases.
Were his comments published somewhere?

--------------------
Ann-OH

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

For people not familiar with that drug.

From WebMD:

"Dapsone belongs to a class of drugs known as sulfones. It works by decreasing swelling (inflammation) and stopping the growth of bacteria. "

And from The Lyme Action Network with lots of good info
https://www.lymeactionnetwork.org/msids/

"Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome (MSIDS)

MSIDS is a term coined by Richard Horowitz, MD, used to describe a “symptom complex” that can create persistent and tenacious illness.

Instigated by Lyme disease and/or associated tick borne co-infections,

other factors, such as parasitic or fungal infections, allergies, environmental toxicity, and compromised immune function,

and many other,

can create an illness that may be unique to an individual, making diagnosis and treatment a difficult and puzzle-solving process."

--------------------
Ann-OH

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CDC is fully aware (and always has been) that chronic Lyme exists.

However, if the "Powers That Be" were to admit to a long-standing knowledge of Lyme Disease, they would have to acknowledge their involvement with bio-warfare experimentation on ticks and admit decades of cover-up and denial.

They would be admitting responsibility for untold chronic illnesses, disabilities, and deaths, which would lead to endless lawsuits, countless new and retroactive health insurance, disability and unemployment claims, etc., etc., etc. It could break the system.

Instead, they will introduce the legitimacy of Lyme Disease gradually (in a give-and-take fashion, as is described in the above post), to appear as if scientists are just now uncovering the extent of this serious disease and the relatively recent surge in cases. (They may conveniently blame it on "climate change".)

They will appear to the mainstream that they are doing their job of warning and protecting the public of this increasing threat, so the public will remain confident in the system and continue to look to them for guidance.

If all goes as planned, history will be erased and the truth behind the origins of Lyme Disease and the entities who are responsible will be forgotten.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann

Dr Horowitz posted his comments on his Facebook page.

Posts: 2978 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
The CDC is fully aware (and always has been) that chronic Lyme exists.

However, if the "Powers That Be" were to admit to a long-standing knowledge of Lyme Disease, they would have to acknowledge their involvement with bio-warfare experimentation on ticks and admit decades of cover-up and denial.

They would be admitting responsibility for untold chronic illnesses, disabilities, and deaths, which would lead to endless lawsuits, countless new and retroactive health insurance, disability and unemployment claims, etc., etc., etc. It could break the system.

Instead, they will introduce the legitimacy of Lyme Disease gradually (in a give-and-take fashion, as is described in the above post), to appear as if scientists are just now uncovering the extent of this serious disease and the relatively recent surge in cases. (They may conveniently blame it on "climate change".)

They will appear to the mainstream that they are doing their job of warning and protecting the public of this increasing threat, so the public will remain confident in the system and continue to look to them for guidance.

If all goes as planned, history will be erased and the truth behind the origins of Lyme Disease and the entities who are responsible will be forgotten.

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
echorox
Member # 11969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for echorox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are one thousand percent correct,

this is the world we live in the 21st Century

Posts: 46 | From waterford, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann—the cdc isn’t going backwards on Lyme because it never went forward.

Even the nurse who was taking care of my mom today in the hospital asked me why I used trekking poles and I said my Lyme had come out of dormancy. Even she knew about chronic Lyme and how you can feel better for a while and then feel awful again.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to understand why anyone...especially an LLMD...would be so surprised that their findings were ignored by the CDC.
Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiker53, by chance was it post covid that reactivated your Lyme sx?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
map1131–it was not post Covid. I have never had Covid.

I actually started going backwards slowly after my energy healer passed away a few years ago prior to Covid. She really maintained me at a functional level.

But, I will get there again.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiker53, don't give up on finding another energy healer that works for you. It's just a shame that they have to hide, like most alternative folks we use in healing.

Use the weird health food store personal for suggestions.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Map—think I have found a good energy healer but as we all know with Lyme, it is not a quick fix.

But I will just keep on going! God’s grace is sufficient [Smile]

[ 03-09-2024, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement