LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » List Of Inspirational Sayings!!! (If you're down or if your up.) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: List Of Inspirational Sayings!!! (If you're down or if your up.)
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 12 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey let's start a list of inspirational sayings!

You can only post on this baby if your adding....Arnald says; "Dahts da rool, baby."

Here's mine; (for now)

"Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within. Let the claws be bared, and Lyme BEWARE!!!"

Troutscout

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 03 October 2002).]

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Troutscout,

Talk about great minds etc... Even to the minute!!! Please see "Incite Hope" thread.

Thanks for your empowering post and thread.

cws

Posts: 2663 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For those with a vision;
They accept the cost,
And accomplishment is their reward."

Remember it, say it and live it next time you herx.

Be the tiger.

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 6 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well cws3333...if you post here,
the rule is...you write that little saying...I did on yours.
In fact, I'm your first entry.

Snicker! Puff! Snicker! Puff!

danq
Member # 2126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Ride the tiger.
And if the situation demands that you must take the tiger by the tail, become the tiger.

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ride the tiger by the tail!!! HA!
ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Here ya go...

"In electricity 101 the first thing you learn is this, 'Where there is a negative, There must ALWAYS be a Positive.' "

Hey, and to think I made these up.

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry,It's just the perverse nature of things. MADDOG
Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your only in trouble when the fire hydrant squirts back. MADDOG
Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Ben Franklin

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 7 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"One way or another we all have to find what best fosters the flowering of our humanity in this contemporary life, and dedicate ourselves to that."

Joseph Campbell

Posts: 2663 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open."

Tagore

Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What doesn't kill you,
will only make you stronger!"

Boooy, are we gonna be strong after all this is over!

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadow13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sing as if no one were listening,

Dance as if no one were watching,

And live every day as if it were your last."

Posts: 830 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, Kent. Here are mine:

"...and I have miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost

"Keep your eye on the prize." (For me that
is my health and remission.)

--Di

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Idea will last forever Thank You.

Either Fear will Master YOU
or
YOU will Master Fear, BUT

There will be a Master

Me

------------------

May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52378

Icon 14 posted      Profile for norin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil,
is for good men to do nothing. -

Attributed to Edmund Burke,
1729 - 1797

[This message has been edited by norin (edited 07 October 2002).]

Posts: 487 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

"In many cases, business or personal. The best advice comes from someone uninvolved.
It is through these out side eyes, that one can truly see the truth. Objectively."

Author Unknown

cws3333
Member # 794

"Each time a man stands up for an idea, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppresion and resistance.

Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or greater intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change."

Robert Kennedy

troutscout
Member # 3121

Figured I'd move this back up top.
Need more sayings, ya know.

cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 7 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hope is a state of mind, not of the world...
It is the ability to work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed."

Vaclav Havel
(Said shortly before the unexpected dissolution of the Soviet Union while Havel struggled as president of Czechoslovakia.)

[This message has been edited by cws3333 (edited 11 October 2002).]

cws3333
Member # 794

Not posting a saying this time, but just wanted to mention that *Nature* on PBS has a program on giraffes this week. I find this show invariably uplifting.

I also recommend the weekly *Now* program with Bill Moyers on PBS for a life-affirming approach to current events. You can read the text of the programs at pbs.org choosing "Now* at the prompt.

cws

Kira
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We cannot go back and make a new start, but

we can start now to make a new ending"

Posts: 802 | From Chicago suburbs, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bones
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2871

Icon 11 posted      Profile for bones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Never had a kitten, cause I wasn't that kind of cat.

They are a blowed-up peanut peddler

Love from the bones.

Posts: 118 | From Weaverville, California USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things here...

are more like they are now...

than they ever were.

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

"We came,
We saw,

We kicked it's royal butt!!!"

Had to get this to the top again...RatFan needs it.

URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 6 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not a dress rehearsal

Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 12 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love has no jurisdiction

Your the bees knees

Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I'd add a few more inspirational phrases to the many already here:

"If there is no wind, ROW!"

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."

"There's no thrill in easy sailing
when the skies are clear and blue,
there's no joy in merely doing things
which anyone can do.

But there is some satisfaction
that is mighty sweet to take,
when you reach a destination that
you thought you'd never make."

ENJOY!

Hugs,
Stella

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Fourde

Smokey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And this too shall pass"

Cindy ><>

Posts: 906 | From San Francisco Bay | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 6 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Integrity isn't given;
It is earned.

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to add a couple of my favorites.

Winston Churchill said:
"We make a living by what we get,
and we make a life by what we give."

Saint Jerome:
"It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance."

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moxie
Member # 2991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

"We can do no great things -
only small things with great love."

-Mother Teresa

Posts: 29 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

To the top for Condor!!!!!!

------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
My New Website For Lyme
www.ildf.info

cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 4 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, some real some gems on this thread!

The spirit of the posters inspires me as well as the posts themselves!

Thanks for the "uppers."

cws

lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. - Great insperations!!

Here is a blurb from a poem I wrote about my Lyme Disease. I have it on my mirror, so I can remember I have a goal, and will get better.

" I want to wake up in the morning, and feel alive, and pain free. So, I'll keep on taking the medications, and Pray for victory."

~ Missy (Brat)

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

About 8 months ago, I was trying to decide if I should take my Infectious Disease doctors advice, to accept that I was cured from Lyme, and that the pain was in my head.

OR.. should I go see a LLMD, and get a second opinion. I was debating this one night with my husband, when he reminded me of his favorite quote:

"If you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" by Geddy Lee

He told me that if I didn't go to the LLMD for a second opinion, that I chose to decide that the Infectious Disease doctor was right.

Soooo.. I made the call to the LLMD the next day. And real glad I did.

~ Missy (Brat)

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Thanks for the new inspiration guys and gals.

And remember;

"For those with a vision,
Accomplishment is the true reward!"

Trout Scout

Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

This is a short story about attitude that I like. Enjoy!

A shoe factory sends two marketing scouts to a region in Africa to study the prospects for expanding business.

One sends back a telegram saying:
SITUATION HOPELESS STOP NO ONE WEARS SHOES

The other writes back triumphantly:
GLORIOUS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY STOP THEY HAVE NO SHOES

lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the Top!
TrueCornsilk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrueCornsilk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really NOT in the mood to be inspired. it is a frumpy morning but this is one of my senior quotes:

"Only a man who has felt untimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss." -- The Count of Monte Cristo

Posts: 134 | From western PA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Cornsilk....

Whoa.

TS

Angela Bachmann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Angela Bachmann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reminds me of all of us in Lymenet.

A wise women once said: " No one can help everybody, but everybody can help somebody."
--Unknown

Ain't it the truth?

Love,
Ang

Posts: 572 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Corn Silk,

Love your post.

To put it a more prosaic way,

"You have to experience a bad toothache before you can realize how wonderful it feels *not* to have a toothache."

cws

[This message has been edited by cws3333 (edited 01 December 2002).]

troutscout
Member # 3121

THe finish line for quality doesn't exist.
cws3333
Member # 794

For the upcoming Martin Luther King holiday:

"Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon, which cuts without wounding and enobles those who wield it. It is a sword that heals."

cws

------------------
All New Yorkers with a concern about Lyme disease please email [email protected] to get on the nylyme email list. You can help save access to adequate care nationwide.

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes strength to be certain,
It takes courage to have doubt.

It takes strength to fit in,
It takes courage to stand out.

It takes strength to feel a friend's pain,
It takes courage to feel your own pain.

It takes strength to hide your own pains,
It takes corage to show them.

It takes strength to endure abuse,
It takes courage to stop it.

It takes strength to stand alone,
It takes courage to lean on another.

It takes strength to love,
It takes courage to be loved.

It takes strength to survive,
It takes courage to live.

If you feel you have neither, May the world hug you today with its warmth, and love.
And may the wind carry a voice that tells you there is a friend Sitting in another corner of the world wishing you well!

-author unknown

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Nice poem, Siz.

I think that courage is something that grows with practice, like a muscle.

It also is important to have at least one good role model.

Luckily we've got great role models among the LLMDs and others and lots of opportunity to practice.

Just watched a video "Dietrich Bonhoeffer:Agent of Grace" the German theologian who was executed for his defiance of the Nazi's one month before the liberation. Powerful!

I'd be happy to lend my copy of the video to anyone "known" to the Lyme community (a support group leader who can vouch for you , etc) who would like to see it.

cws

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read a book by Dietrich Bonhoeffer in college....great man.

Would love to see the video....but you don't have to send it to me....do you think I can find a copy at Blockbuster or something??

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Tutu,

Yes, Bonhoeffer is someone we should hear more about. I don't know if I would have made the same decisions as he did, but it I do want to know more about him.

I could not locate the video through blockbusters. It is available to buy through PBS. (Item number BAOG801, "Bonhoeffer: Agent of Grace", $24.95. To order phone 800-645-4727 or shopPBS.com.)

Maybe your library or place of worship or civic group would be interested in ordering it. This is a film that could be also used as the basis of a discussion group.

If any LLMDs are interested in making this or other inspiring films or some books on advocacy available to their patients, I would be happy to start a loaner advocacy "care package".

Hugs,
cws

[This message has been edited by cws3333 (edited 19 January 2003).]

Houston Lyme Pie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Houston Lyme Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ring all the bells that still can ring

Forget your perfect offering

There is a crack in everything

That's how the light gets in

Posts: 424 | From Houston TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Wow....

Sizzled.

Your poem rocks the house.

Trout Scout

cws3333
Member # 794

Tutu,

The phone number to order the film on Bonhoeffer is 1-800-645-4727. The order number is BAOG801. Cost is $24.95. (Ordering info is now also posted on my revised previous post.)

This film is morally, intellectually, and artistically compelling. It won the Best Film award at the 2000 Monte Carlo Television festival.

cws

troutscout
Member # 3121

Time bring this back to the top...All of our newbies need to add something.

Trout Scout

trish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God PUT you through it, He will GET you through it.
Posts: 489 | From CO | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickandtired
Member # 3786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtired     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, grant me...
the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change,
the COURAGE to change the things I can, and
the WISDOM to know the difference.

Posts: 29 | From Kannapolis, Nc, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickandtired
Member # 3786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtired     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, grant me...
the SERENITY to accept what I cannot change,
the COURAGE to change the things I can, and
the WISDOM to know the difference.

Sorry--it didn't show up the first time!

[This message has been edited by sickandtired (edited 12 April 2003).]

Posts: 29 | From Kannapolis, Nc, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trish
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.
Posts: 489 | From CO | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PRAYER OF MAIMONIDES
[From Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, a Jewish philosopher and physician in Egypt, 1135-1204]. A prayer used at the graduation ceremonies of some medical schools.

``Thy eternal providence has appointed me to watch over the life and health of Thy creatures.

May the love for my art actuate me at all times; may neither avarice nor miserliness, not thirst for glory, or for a great reputation engage my mind; for the enemies of truth and philanthropy could easily deceive me and make me forgetful of my lofty aim of doing good to Thy children.

May I never see in the patient anything but a fellow creature in pain.

Grant me strength, time, opportunity always to correct what I have acquired, always to extend its domain; for knowledge is immense and the spirit of man can extend indefinitely to enrich itself daily with new requirements.

Today he can discover his errors of yesterday and tomorrow he can obtain a new light on what he thinks himself sure of today.

Oh God, Thou has appointed me to watch over the life and death of Thy creatures; here am I ready for my vocation and now I turn unto my calling.''

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangarden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3778

Icon 6 posted      Profile for oceangarden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advice: When you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!

favorite saying: Lead, Follow or get out of the Way!

Oceangarden

Posts: 125 | From Burlington, VT USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

(First, lest anyone take this too literally, I think that the author of the epigram below believes, as I do, that it is also entirely appropriate to mourn the dead.)

"Mourn not the dead, but rather the apathetic throng- the cowed and meek who see the world's great anguish and its wrongs, and dare not speak."

With thanks to the many courageous people in the Lyme community. You inspire me.

Love,
cws

[This message has been edited by cws3333 (edited 24 April 2003).]

[This message has been edited by cws3333 (edited 25 April 2003).]

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my recent favorite by Maya Angelou-

"WE ARE LIVING ART,
CREATED
TO HANG ON,
STAND UP,
FORBARE,
CONTINUE,
AND ENCOURAGE
OTHERS"

Also- 2 links that are very inspirational- wether you are religious or not- check these out-
www.theinterviewwithgod.com
www.pathwaystopeace.com

Best, Melanie

------------------
*COLORADO SUPPORT SYSTEM*
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

"One may not reach the dawn save by the path of the night." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Here's a quote that lifts my spirit, for this my friends I see true in my life. (Forgive me for being away from Lymenet for so long, but please know that I have not and will not forget you.)

With Much Love,
Stella

troutscout
Member # 3121

time to bring this up again.........
cws3333
Member # 794

"When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses, for art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstone of our judgment."
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble." Arabic parable

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

-- Winston Churchill

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jpoppeck
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the one I like is....God brought you to this point in life...he'll get you through it

Joan

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naomi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naomi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7

Hang in there everyone!

Posts: 276 | From Boston, MA, UsA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

up

Kathy Boss
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Boss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some days you just don't know whether to scratch your watch......or wind your butt.

Posts: 1092 | From CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

We need more of this.
troutscout
Member # 3121

"You have written me not to give up. Perish the thought. I am, unfortunately, just so bloody exhausted. Further all the joys in my life are now forbidden-no chocolate, no wine, no sugar, no rice-this in south carolina, how could you-no potatoes, no flour-what no biscuits, no cakes, no pies and what are we supposed to eat. boring green vegetables and meat. and no wine and no chocolate.

I shall have to propose a TOFU diet. Tofu, the most boring food in the world. It would probably cause the spirochetes to commit mass hara kiri out of sheer boredome
We could have tofu roast beef, tofu sugar, tofu chocolate cake and tofu lemon merangue pie. Oh joy. "

as written by Thomas Parkman

troutscout
Member # 3121

As written by Myself;

My comments as to how you would know what to do when faced with the adverse reactions of others, when to stop antibiotics or switch treatments

"....THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO HAVE A DETERMINATION EQUALLED BY NO ONE. To actually know...that you, and only you will win in the end. Even if that means throwing away everything you own and walking back into life with nothing but the things you hold dear to your heart....the least of which should be your own self preservation."

Trout

[This message has been edited by troutscout (edited 28 January 2004).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement