LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What do you need and what do you want togive away?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you need and what do you want togive away?
Rita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking there are so many financially strapped Lyme patients who need everything from a lamp to bedding to heaven knows what. There are, also, those who aren't so strapped and think nothing of throwing these things away. I've been in both positions and I'm wondering if there is a way to get these people together. You can post what you have to give and others can post what they need. Anyone interested?

Oh, by the way... I need a motorcycle or moped.

Rita

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlkeen
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlkeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's the best idea I've heard for a new forum.

Posts: 1572 | From Pa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea. I will check in periodically to see if there is a need I can fill.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindy_leigh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cindy_leigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have about 50 paperback books I'm done with. I can send out small bundles, say 5 books at a time, to anybody that wants to curl up with a book and can't make it out to the library. I have an assortment-- murder mystery, romance, science fiction, etc. They get passed around between me, my mom, and sister. For some reason, when everyone's done, they end up here. I cart them off to the library used book sale every Oct., but it's a long time between now and then, and they're piling up. Just please pass them on!! If you want, put your initials and state inside cover.
Posts: 688 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neurochem1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there;

Sorry to be offline for so long, started treatment but I am having some big complications (not medication related) and can't sit and type for long periods-but this is such a good idea...

For those who need something; I know that will be harder to post that you want it, than posting to give something away.

I want to encourage you to post it anyway. Since most Lyme patients have limited resources, why pay for something that someone else wants to get rid of?

I know many people feel uncomfortable or even ashamed to ask for something, but try to look at it this way:

If I have to get rid of something and it's functional and not in terrible shape, I know there are people out there who can use it; I just don't know who they are.

I feel really wasteful getting rid of an item that works fine, and even if you may be able to afford it, why should you buy a new one when mine will end up as garbage for no reason?

In the past, I've used these items to go to Englishtown flea market in New Jersey to raise money for different Lyme disease issues, so for me, it's the same thing.

You would be helping to prevent further waste from accumulating on the planet, and save your money for more important needs.

I think we might also add an extra component:

If you happen to be an individual with some extra cash and feel you could afford it with no problem, why not help pay for the postage, and donate a bit of the cash you saved to a worthy cause? Some examples; lymenet, the LDA, the LDA's funds for kids or for the Lyme research center at Columbia, Dr. Yang's practice in CA (who treats lyme patients according to ability to pay), Dr.J. kids fund, etc.

We can actually create a new source of funding which did not formerly exist.

It may not be huge amounts of money, but over time, it could add up and help to empower all of us.

This is such a great idea; we can have a campaign of recycling that helps all of us out in so many ways...

Please don't let this idea drop.

ALSO; Kay has a website that helps raise money for Lyme in some interesting ways...
One way is that if you are going to order a book (either amazon, or one of those...sorry, I forget which), there's no extra charge to do it through her website, and a small percentage goes to lyme disease and costs you nothing to do it this way.

If anyone already has her website address, please post it, otherwise I'll find it.

Rita, this is terrific! I had so much stuff that I had to downsize a year ago, I wish this was already happening. It took lots of effort to find other people who needed it because I could not do the fleamarket fundraising last year.

Soon as I'm up and around, I'm gonna start hunting; I already can think of one thing;

We have these very ornate real brass switch plates; just not our style; I have to check how many.
I know they cost at least $6.00 each at home depot, and while I don't like them, they're pretty new, and I hate to throw them away.

We should keep the affordability part anonymous, so that everyone feels comfortable to participate.

If you happen to be in a better financial position, then please make some donation to one of the many available lyme charities; if not, then use it to keep yourself afloat; no one will know, but I'm pretty sure that no matter which position your in, we'll all be glad that our items have gone to good use. I know that is true for me, and I would guess for many others as well.

I'd love to hear if others would want to participate in this; meanwhile, I'll count those brass switchplates and post them when I collect them.

Sincerely,
Regina
[email protected]

Posts: 520 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bar bell weigt lifting bench and weights with two bars and short dumbbell(not me, well, possibly) to donate to somebody, anybody! Any ideas how to get it gone?
Also have one of those antique claw foot tubs(real cast iron) NOT the fake ones I see on the webb. Value up to thousands of dollars in right place and time.
I realize weight is an issue on both items. But the tub could be shipped and worth the trouble.
I have lots of things that people could use, if anyone has any needs,please post??? I would be super happy to help with any spare items I have. I have "stuff" most people cant even imagine.

--just don--

[This message has been edited by just don (edited 30 March 2004).]

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post is pending. Smile

[This message has been edited by kam (edited 30 March 2004).]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindy_leigh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cindy_leigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Just Don,

those tubs are cool. I remember when they were a dime a dozen. When I was a kid we used to have them in every pasture for our horses for water. People would remodel their houses and give them away. Now i wish I had them all, they are worth quite a bit!!

Posts: 688 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rita...I just LOVE this post!!!

I am a huge proponent of recycling everything possible, including composting!

I also LOVE the barter system and have thought long and hard about starting up a bartering network many times.

I can't think right now of what I have to give away...but, if I did a little digging around, I'm certain that I could come up with many things!

Just Don...I have wanted a huge claw foot tub for many years...if no one takes you up on that offer, I would be thrilled to have it!

Katherine, you may want to get in tough with Poochino, I think...if I am remembering correctly, she trains worker dogs for disability purposes, or can at least point you in the right direction for now.

I think EVERYONE should have at least one pet...they add so much to our lives.

I do have an older microwave just sitting in my garage collecting dust...it is simple, but it works!

I am a seamstress and make baby quilts for fun with all of my acquired material scraps from over the years...so if anyone is in need of one of those, I would be more than happy to make one for them.

Oh...and I always can offer free gardening advice!

I will keep thinking on this...great idea...really exciting too.
Thanks Rita!

Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Melanie Reber (edited 29 March 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Melanie Reber (edited 29 March 2004).]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Regina...who is Kay and where is her website??

don...do you think that bathtub would fit in my RV???

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neurochem1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there Lymetoo;

Kay is a longtime activist; great person, and a pearl in Mass. She's also quite the blast.

Her site
www.lymesite.com

If you go into the fundraising section and the OPMC section, you'll find that if you order anything through Amazon, each purchase generates a bit towards lyme.

You'll also find Brite's stuff; Lyme bumperstickers, pens, pads, address labels, and that most of what is made goes to cost and then Lyme Charity. Really good stuff (she's another old-timer).

I used to order items from Brite by the 100's and bring them to each event (the lobby's and related events.)

I was new to activism and these people were the old-timers to me a few years ago!

I hope to finally get to Gettysburg this year, as it is the only major event I've missed 2x, directly due to sudden health problems. Even had my hotel booked the last time, so I'm afraid to even say I'm going. I don't want to jinx myself.

Since I try to use most of my energy toward political type Lyme work, I have nearly no time for advocacy, so I got Lyme Times, Lyme Pens, bumper sticker, and had good pamphlets to hand out.

This way I can get other people who use more of their time for direct advocacy. Not that I never do, just that you can't do it all well, so I use my energy to do certain projects, I do advocate on a rare occasion beyond providing info and referral, and try to get or stay well.

With cooperation, we sure do get a lot done...

Anyway, seems that just don needs to come back as there are now a first AND second offer for the tub; perhaps to make it doable, the person taking such a heavy item need to explore the shipping

Try getting estimates based on say 1000 lbs.

Also, see if you can find a way to ship with business rates. If either of you have a support group (melanie), do you have the name of the group listed by mailing? It may be that you can get business shipping rates.

I don't know much about it, but found that it cost me less to get a big item from CA.

I think this thread is very important, and while I don't think it needs to stay on top, it should stay active in that we might all keep checking back.

My unused items may provide a way for someone else to pay for their medication or even help with their rent.

If they are in better financial shape, perhaps they can make a donation (of their own personal choice to whom and for what) on behalf of Lyme.

No open commitments; we do what we can, and that's it. We can each keep that part private, but we'll keep publically advertising what we may need and/or what we want to get rid of or don't need.

Rita, I have no moped or such item; you're in Ct. so you better check out the restrictions, their REALLY tough, but I think that a moped under 30MPH you can use in some places...check the DOT for your state.

Hope to be back online again soon...
Sincerely,
Regina
[email protected]

Posts: 520 | From New York | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Changed my mind on this post.

[This message has been edited by kam (edited 30 March 2004).]

once bitten
Unregistered

mepron...several bottles
need a home
post to charlie he will let me know ..

twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
once bitten and just don!!
If you know of ways for me to obtain meds, please email me privately.
The reason I'm so frantic, is I just found out that I may have coinfections that have complicated my tx and I have no doc to write the prescriptions for me...complicated story, but I want to get better, no one here seems to think it possible.
I'm not sure which coinfect. I have, but I'm sure probably bab, or erl. maybe both.
I'd like to try tx for one or both and see if it helped.
Thanks!
Melinda

[This message has been edited by melindacf (edited 30 March 2004).]

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Editing this to say I will wait on the art mags...I can't gather more things right now but may be interested down the road if they're still there...

I'll keep brainstorming on things I can give away or need...this is such a great idea, Rita. If you cant find that moped, I have a pogo stick if you're interested! LOL

If anyone has any vitamins/supplements they really don't want, please post

[This message has been edited by SunRa (edited 03 April 2004).]

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

just remembered;

a toaster over; like GE or something? Used once (gift we didn't need)

It actually does pretty well in place of an oven (I didn't try this one, but one just like it)

Still gotta get those swichplated; lots of them are still on the wall, but they are real polished brass (heavy)

I can hardly wait to be at the house for more than 2 days so I can get to some of this stuff...

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,
If you are serious at all the tub is YOURS!!! Cause I doubt that tutu's RV could stand the weight. I would really like to think I could get enough better to even be able to travel far enough to deliver to your door. Maybe I have to wait till your NEXT party and I can bring it with me.LOL!!! I will work on transportation issues. I know someone in the freight industry, I will ask.
AND in return I can always use some gardening advice. Couse do I have to declare the size of 'MY' garden? It is slightly larger than some. d;')

Cave --
Maybe you can sell or trade off that husband while he is still 'yours'. I know lots of knotheads. Make that one more. He needs to have some understanding of your illness. Is he educatable or can he read stories like the one over on medical? Print it out in brail for him if you have to!!!

Everyone-
I now have two sets of drywall trowels. I spent three days looking in all the right places for mine. I thought I knew where they 'should' be. Bought new set yesterday when I lost hope of finding them in the last place I looked. They(old ones) arrived today in the mail. My daughter from the big city 110 miles away borrowed them 2 or 3 years ago when they remodeled a bathroom.(smile) Boy I can really get into trouble now with one of everything in both hands. At least I would keep fingers out of harms way. I seriously sliced another finger after the sawing off of the one a month ago. (that ones all healed nicely)
Anybody need a set of drywall trowels?

Also lots of bicycles here.

Household items of every make and description.

I NEED somebody to help me feed some darling baby calves. They are so darn cute!!! The work consists of setting on a chair and filling baby bottles and snapping on the top nipples. Just 85 of them twice a day. The pay really sucks but board and room are a fringe benefit. This is the one thing I really miss since being seriously sick and being unhandy!
But I am --just don--

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riversinger
Member # 4851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riversinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's gone!

[This message has been edited by riversinger (edited 02 April 2004).]

Posts: 2142 | From California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
once bitten
Unregistered

I would love some Mother Earth mags.
or Homesteading. since this info doesnt go out of date, old issues would be fine.

neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

and again..
TicksinNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TicksinNC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow..what a good post! I don't have my list handy as it is in my purse and I hate to drag this IV with me, but I will post later some websites I know of that help with meds. My dad is a diabetic and I gave him the listings and he now gets free meds!

------------------

Angela

Posts: 191 | From Benson, NC, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TicksinNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TicksinNC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to post again and I had to swallow my pride to do this, but I feel I have to ask. Does anyone know how I can get assistance with Mortgage payments, groceries etc? We are living on one income while I pursue the long road to SSDI and having Lymie kids and myself has really killed us. I applied for Food Stamps and even with 4 members in the household, they told us we made too much money...Hello...my hubby brings home a little over $1200.00 a month and our mortgage is $900.00...geeeshhh..give me a break. Really our mortgage was $701.00 but we got 3 months behind and they wiped off the 3 months so we could avoid foreclosure but hiked up the mortgage for the next 9 mths. Heck, if we couldnt pay it then, we cant pay that. I dont see how they figure that stuff. With medical bills, gas out the ying yang for trips to a doc 8 hours away round trip every two weeks and blah blah blah...we are literally drowning in debt. We filed bankrupcy last year and now are back in the same boat again. Yeah, we could sell the house, but where would we go? Sorry guys..it's just so darn depressing.

------------------

Angela

Posts: 191 | From Benson, NC, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TicksinNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1510

Sorry for all these posts, but I also thought of something else and with Lyme Brain if I dont type it, I will most certainly forget. My dad told me about a place you can call and they send a Book Mobile to your home or wherever and you check out books you want and they come back when you want them to and you exchange them. If they dont have one on the bus, they will make sure they get it to you and its all free. There has got to be more of these in other states. I may do a search on the internet to check it out. Also, if you are like me, I used to love to read but comprehending what am reading is tough, besides, my vision bothers me too bad now, so I found out about a place to get books on tape that blind people use and they all the books you want on tape. It is also free and they mail them to you and you mail it back when you are done in a pre-paid envelope/box they supply. How kewl is that?

------------------

Angela

Babygirl
Member # 5330

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Babygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read all these posts and it strikes me what a wonderful support group this really is! You can count me in for anything I can do. Right now I'm still working although I am suppose to file for TDI. I am holding off for as long as I can because if I don't... just wave bye bye to all my wonderful dreams of going to college! Going back to school is THE most important thing in my life right now. I'm getting by, but planning on what may eventually happen. I have many things I will part with gladly should people need them (bedding(unused full), towels(unused... useless wedding gifts... been divorsed already!), paper for printer, tons and tons of notebooks, books, I have some medical reception skills and maybe I could help people fill out forms correctly (??), If my joint pain doesn't get better I will have to get rid of my motorcycle, helmet, saddlebags for motorcycle) There are so many things we can all do to help each other! I would even be willing to purchase somethings to send people in need if I can afford them! Although I do donate to a lyme charity... I would like to donate to the others that have it while I can!! Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I'm not an expert at web design, but I would be willing to help there too!
Posts: 62 | From Middletown, Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rita
Unregistered

Angela,

Do you know any Lyme activists or go to a support group? Parade mag has an article in today's paper about places to go for help. I've emailed you.

Rita

TicksinNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1510

Here is the list of companys that offer free or reduced meds. The one my dad uses is www.themedicineprogram.com for his diabetic meds.
www.needymeds.org
www.healthynh.com
www.themedicineprogram.com
www.rxassist.org www.rxforohio.com
www.ayudandopacientes.org
www.rxhope.com
www.helpingpatients.org

Hope this helps someone!

------------------

Angela

Rita
Unregistered

Angels,

Did you get my email? I'd try the Catholic Church. Write letters or call. Last I knew, the Catholic Church is the most affluent charity in America. They take up charity collections at EVERY mass. There's the Salvation Army, all churches, look up charities in the yellow pages. Call social services for free food (big in CT). heating assistance, free meds etc.

Rita

Rita

jwjwmiller
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by neurochem1:
just remembered;

Still gotta get those swichplated; lots of them are still on the wall, but they are real polished brass (heavy)

If you really wish to get rid of the wallplates, I would be interested. I can't pay anything for them, but they would be used and loved here.

Thanks,

Jeff

TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have children's clothes. I just touched a little bit upon spring cleaning , but I've not nearly gotten through all of it to see what I REALLY have.

I have boys clothes size 5, some 6's and very few 7's, but I do have them. My Richy is an odd ball.. some size 7's fit him, some don't etc. These were hand- me downs from my older son, so they aren't exactly spectacular, but they are wearable.

I have also GIRLS clothes. Most are in excellent condition as Destiny is my only girl. I have clothes ranging anywhere from 3, 4 and a lot of 5. Im taking clothes out the wazoo here. Nightgowns, jeans, shorts, tanks, jackets, bathing suits. I have it all for lil girls. Hats, etc. Some of these clothes were never worn. I have a tendency to buy clothes and pack them away for the upcoming season.

but when I got sick "that season" NOTHING got unpacked... brand new clothes.

I also have two leather jackets for female adults. One is a very long black leather jacket that fits, well .. it fits me and Im 150 lbs and 5 foot 7 but I bought a new one this winter. I also have an old, but only worn twice crop leather jacket. It is a misses size. very old, but VERY good condition.

I also have a bread maker and I believe a rice maker around here somewhere. I don't use these things. The bread maker was a gift four years ago and I have never opened it. It still is in the box. I BELIEVE I still have the rice maker.

If you want anything, send me an email at [email protected] and let me know what you want. LOl first come, first serve. Title it LYME so it doesnt accidentally get deleted.

Jodie

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

Hey Jeff;

I'll send you all the switchplate we have already replaced; some are for one switch; some for sockets (doubles)

send me your mailing address by private email and please put lymenet in the header; i get so many emails and spam and i don't want to miss your info.

Not to worry; i'll just send them; no cost for you. As we get to other rooms, I'll have more. They are real brass (sort of brushed-antique) and very ornate; too much for the look I'm going for. They are very nice if you like ornate, so I'm glad for anyone to have them.

btw; the toaster over has been claimed by another.

I have to think more about where to get help for the poster who needs assistance with bigger issues (sorry; can't remember the username, but I do remember the issue)

I think it will in large part depend on what state you live in. Please don't feel uncomfortable about asking; I went from working my butt off my entire life and getting to a very comfortable place finacially to being totally bankrupt; all from lyme and the disinformation that was provided; there's no shame in trying to survive.

What state is this; and if melanie is on; do you have anyone who is in this state who may know the ins and outs of this state's systems? (i.e. how to get the kinds of assistance...)

I'll check back again; sorry i'm so slow in responding; lots going on right now, and this is the first day in over a week i can even get online.

jeff; glad to have your mailing address and will send some time this week.

Sincerely,
Regina
[email protected]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea...

Babygirl..

I am not proud... kinda.

You said you have "paper for a printer and tons and tons of notebooks".

If no one has taken you up on your kind offer.. I can always use some office supplies for the Lyme work I do.

If they are available and you don't mind sharing... here is my email address..

[email protected]

And thanks for the offer!

As far as a gift to give...

I have a special "pregnant" plant. It is a succulent and is quite unusual.

The leaves on the plant sprout lots of little baby plants during the growth cycle. These babies were once pinned to curtains in Victorian homes because they could grow without soil.. and thrived on the light from the window and the mositure in the old damp homes..

In soil, the plant starts out the size of a pea... then grows tall, then curvey... then they have a big beautiful bloom on the top.

While they grow they have MANY "babies" that are formed along the edges of the leaves that drop off into the soil below to start new plants.

They are fun to watch grow.. and grow fairly quickly.

They need little care.. litle water.. and they like the light from the window.

I would be happy to share some babies with others. Let me know.

Just don...

You blew it this time... hehehe

By the looks of it... maybe you should have said you would let folks come and take a bath in your tub... or even charge a fee for a bath!

It seems to be a favorite itme here amongst the ladies!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don...

How about a trade?

Trowels for towels?

I have a set of new kitchen towels if you would need them (they may come in handy with all those baby bottles)... and if no one has laid claim on the trowels... I could use them here.

I have been forced to use an ice scraper and a kitchen spatula to spackle this construction site I live in now... cause I don't have my own trowels. It is ok if someone is around and I borrow them... but I never seem to know when I will feel up to doing the spackeling.. so never think to get them in advance.

I have four rooms left to spackle here... at least three coats per room.. so they would be much appreciated.

Plus.. I am still working on my dads house that was destroyed by the hurricane... and it seems he doesn't have any either. He would actually freak if he saw me using an ice scraper for my truck windshield to spackle his rooms. How can I impress him with my construction skills when I do stuff like that?

hehehe

What do you think about that trade?

Let me know...

[email protected]

------------------
It's a jungle out there kiddies,
Have a very fruitful day!

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry...

I am just now getting back to this post...

Just Don...I would LOVE to get that tub...any ideas yet on a shipping fee?

Regina...I'm going to need a clue as to who you are wanting me to help...you can email me privately if you would like, OK?

MoonBeam...Never dangle a pregnant plant in front of an avid plant collector unless you are serious my dear! Let's talk!!!

I have many older garden magazines just sitting around...?

Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

hey mel and all;

the post from ticksinnc; (ok, duh )
I think it is from Angela or angel?? sorry, bad memory.

seems we need to enlist some folks who know how to get financial help in NC.

Also, anyone who knows about federal programs as well.

When i went bankrupt, if not for a couple of good friends, some state assistance, and some well known charities, i would have been out out out.

ALSO
waiting for an email from Jeff; please get me your address ASAP; I have lots going on and I know that I can get help to mail them this week, but a lot of medical stuff happening quickly, and know for certain that next week i have another surgery and god knows what else, so please send me your mailing address ASAP.

email me at [email protected], and put lymenet in the header, so I'll know it's you.

THanks all; and thanks mel; I'm not able to be on much, so I didn't want this to drop.

Sincerely,
Regina

kam
Member # 3410

AFter watching Oprah's show today, I would like to give away dust mites and dust bunnies.
once bitten
Unregistered

plaquinal.
want some?

Babygirl
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, but this one bit of advise is for the ladies! I personally know that if you look up "Women's Resource Center" in your phonebook, they have a majority of options for women. I've known women who have received free legal advise, help with finances, food, help from A-Z from what I know of them. If they don't know how to help you, I bet dollars to donuts that if you talk to the right person, you can darn well be sure that they can point you in the right direction to getting it! I have read posts on here regarding "emotional" or "mental" problems... and that's right... they can help there too. It's not just for battered or abused women, although they help for that too.

Hope that helps!

Posts: 62 | From Middletown, Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CNS
Member # 5527

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CNS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tin Cup-Both one of my girlfriends and I are intrigued by your plant offer. I would LOVE to take a couple off your hands. I collect any unusual plants I can find. E-mail me and I will give you my address and we can figure out a good way to ship them.

Corinna

Posts: 22 | From Lodi, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

hi folks;

sorry -offline; things going not too well. If things get at least stable; I could be back online more frequently next weekend.

I remember someone did an ebay thing for another lymenet member in financial distress;

who was it?

can someone pick up this thread? i'm going back into surgery for 3rd time; long story but Angela really needs several kinds of help.

switchplates are jeffs as soon as he writes to me

can we pull together whatever it is that you folks did for another member?
lets do it for angela;

ALSO
angela; you must try EVERY charity; catholic, protestant, salvation army; Anything you find listed, ask everyone in your state; call your local assemblyperson, your town official, etc.

also call whatever your equivalent to Social services is; I know they are in bad shape, but keep trying; each case worker is different and you need to find Someone who will help advocate the system for you.

Can you folks help with this?

So sorry; trust I'm not bagging out; just can't get stable health wise; I'll do whatever I can to put in to this when I can.

does anyone remember?

ask the old-timers and frequent flyers (of lymenet)

lets see if we can't assist her keep her home

Im in; even if I can't be online or running auctions; count me in.

Ellen and some other know how to reach me by phone.

TC- someone make sure TC sees this; she knows some info on ins and outs and may have some advise

who ran that ebay thing?

what else can we do?

there are temporary things we can do, but Angela will also need long term solutions, so this it a multi-part problem solving thing.

if anyone emails me, put lymenet in the header; if you need me fast, get to ellen and she'll call me.

I lost my apt. years ago; many of you know how much you can loose. This is a family who has lyme; mom and kids sick;

we can help; i don't know how much, but there's enough brains, experience, compassion and tenacity on this board to help with at least a chunk of this;

Sincerely
Regina

neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

Thanks for bringing up this thread again;

Yes Jeff; I finally did it. Your switchplates are on their way, and the rest of my message will be in a quick note to you. While you're waiting, I hope everything else is a bit better now that over a month has passed.

I read Kam's other message, and it reminded me that I will soon not need a MR. Juiceman Jr.; it's not new, but it's clean and does work. It doesn't do citrus, but you can do most any other vegetable or fruit.

Please post what you need; maybe no one here has it, but you never know until you ask...

I can't even think of things that I may have too much of or can't use any longer...

It's a good way to recycle; helps someone save money, so you're doing a service!

I have so many boxes I haven't even unpacked but if you write it, it reminds people of what might be lying around collecting dust.

btw; did anyone ever get that tub?

Please post what you need before you shop; for the cost of a US mail package or UPS, someone else might have it.

If you can't afford the mail cost; maybe we can find a way to get it to you. I know that I am able to mail things from time to time without it costing you anything much of the time.

When I had nothing, others helped me, so when I can, it give me the ability to give back the kindness that I received whenever I can.

Sincerely,
Regina
[email protected]

kam
Member # 3410

This is not a need but a want...

Changed my mind and deleted the message.

[This message has been edited by kam (edited 08 June 2004).]

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are going to be moving in August and I am beginning to start packing & organizing now. I'm going to have alot of stuff I won't want to take to the new house.

I already have a bookcase we are going to get rid of. It's not the best piece. It's brand new but I didn't realize how cheap it was until it was put together. It came from Staples.

And I always have clothes Jamie has grown out of. I save some but always have way too much to keep. So, I have some size 3T and size 4T (boy) clothes. Most are Carter's or Children's Place. Jamie gets super nice clothes and probably most of these are still nice and barely worn. He has 2 pair of shoes he's outgrown already. One pair of tennis shoes that light up when he walks (a little used) and one pair of blue boots (looks like hiking boots) that have barely been used (both shoes are Carter's).

I'm sure I'll have ALOT to add over the next two months.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neurochem1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 576

The Mr. Juiceman Jr. (well used- but in good shape and functions well) is ready for anyone who wants it.

...and finally an acceptance of reality; time to give away those suits that will never fit again...oh well

Ann Taylor; Black jacet womans size 2 (petite) and

Evan Piccone; sort of olive in color but with a sheen to it; paired; pants and jacket -the jacket is double buttoned; womans size 4 (petite)
both are in very good shaped, well care for.

Also one pair of Earl Jeans; probably size 4 western cut; in good shape. They run about 100.00 a pair.

Likely some other items for a woman who is petite- sizes 2 to 4.

(those were the days, huh? size 2 AND had some money...

you or daughter; or someone who really needs some nice dress clothes;

If you can afford the postage great; contact me at my email with lymenet in the title (unless we speak frequently)

If you can not afford the postage; contact me anyway; we'll figure something out.

Sincerely,
Regina
[email protected]

griswoldgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for griswoldgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have books, extra reading lamp and a few pillows I can spare.

I need someone to educate my family about herxing in a way that they get it. There are copies of letters on the net to te normals for fibro and cfs I wish someone would write one for lyme or find me one.

Cathy

Posts: 192 | From Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between my husband and I, we subscribe to a ton of magazines that we just wind up throwing out when we're done (actually, we recycle them but if someone could enjoy them too and then recycle them that would be better). If anyone would like us to ship some out it wouldn't be a problem.
Here's what we get :
People
Entertainment Weekly
Newsweek
Rolling Stone
Sports Illustrated
Sporting News
Golf Digest
and assorted others: Oprah and Smart Money but I sometimes rip articles out of them so they might not be complete
Also local Philadelphia ones: Philadelphia magazine and Main Line Today but sometimes we keep the issues if they're of particular interest

Please don't ponder why we get so many magazines, we don't really know either - it just kind of happened

Help with shipping costs would be appreciated but if not and they would help someone through those rough days I'd still be happy to send them.

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

I would absolutely love to have a piece of your "pregnant" plant.

I used to do more home medical transcription than I do now, so have office stuff I really don't need now.

I have three Selectric III typewriter balls (I think they are for that typewriter, but not sure). An Orator 10, Italic 12, and Courier 10.

Also, have a compass, I think that's what they're called. It has a little pencil on the end, and the other end is a sharp point that allows you to draw perfectly round circles. Make sense?

I have a staple remover, lots of 1 3/4" paper clips, rubber bands, red/blue pencils, and if I look through my office boxes, I probably could find more stuff.

Can you use anything? Because, I sure can see your plant in my kitchen as we speak!

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement