LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Where would you move to if you had a choice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where would you move to if you had a choice?
cityzen
Member # 5317

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cityzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally,warm weather here in philly! It was a long,cold winter.I'm really getting tired of freezing for half the year.

I've been thinking about moving to Arizona sometime in the future. My family thinks I'm nuts(that goes without saying).

If the opportunity was right(money,job,and family willing),where would you go and why?

Posts: 71 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question. I have asked that myself since I came down with this.

I use to live on the central coast and didn't thinnk about moving anywhere else when I lived there.

Ever since I have moved to Central California, I have thought a lot about where else I would like to move.

There is a questionnaire on find your spot that helps you decide where you might like to move.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
@keeter
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 799

Icon 10 posted      Profile for @keeter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someplace without ticks? But that would have to be Antartica, or something..?

I used to think I'd like to move/retire to Indonesia, before it became so predominantly Muslim. Back in the days when it was a peaceful, mostly Buddhist/Nature worshipping country.

Posts: 1433 | From Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Member # 3998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mountains, I need mountains. And four seasons. Somewhere like Colorado or Oregeon. Perhaps somewhere not prone to natural disasters. I have lived in TX, Tornado alley, now FL hurricane cental, so California is out earthqaukes don't do it for me. There are places in Alaska that are susuposed to be totally beautiful. Some places in the Ukraine apeal to me. New Zealand, Austraila, yeah, probally Austraila or New Zealand that would just about cover it all, the seasons, mountains countryside oceans pastoral living.

Well there you have it.

Sent

Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chip and I will be moving to St. Croix, USVI as soon as the planets are in line.

No, seriously, we are planning to move back there, cause we used to live there and loved it.

We met on St. Croix when we both were living there. Family problems brought us back to the Continent, but, as soon as they are resolved, WE WILL BE BACK.

We are getting married in St. Croix on June 30, 2004. We may never come back, just kidding.

Rosemary

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoprat
Member # 52

Icon 10 posted      Profile for shoprat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! Rosemary--sounds lovely. I'm jealous!

I've been to St. Thomas and St. Johns, but never made it to St. Croix, the USVI are just breathtaking.

I think I want to end up in Italy somewhere.
Maybe the Amalfi coast--ancient olive and citrus trees clinging to the rocky coastline--with multi ancient artifacts. It'll force me to learn to speak Italian too.
A good project for my old age.

Bella!!

Posts: 1067 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked st Croix, though st John is the ultimate. I didn't notice any ticks, though there was no shortage of nasty biting animals and plants you need to stay clear of down there. But I don't think I'd like to live there all year round, - I like the change of seasons. -DS
Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
@keeter
Member # 799

Icon 10 posted      Profile for @keeter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Rosemary & Chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1433 | From Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankee in black
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yankee in black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

HAWAII--I already have quite a bit of family there!

Posts: 468 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vermont WhiteMtns, NewHampshire, Maine Northwestern, Alaska. I do Gis Gps work and dabble in fixing pc's Any offers hahahaah
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoprat, one of my closests cousins lives in Italy. He produces variety and coreographs dancing for prime time TV there.

He as given me an open invitation to come see him there. I will someday, but, this year all extra funds are destination wedding in St. Croix.

We will be getting over to St. John for the July 4th celebration. That's that islands carnival. On July 4th, it is the completion of two whole weeks of partying activities. Their fireworks show can be seen from as far a way as Jost Van Dyke and Tortola.

We couldn't stand St. Thomas, it has twice the population of St. Croix and half the land volumn. We love St. John the best, but, very hard to make a living there. It's for the young, very young who wait tables and bartend. Not much else to do but work at a resort or hotel.

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoprat
Member # 52

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoprat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosemary,

Oh!! Go to Italy, so much to see and do, and then THE FOOD!!!

My new daughter-in-law has family in Italy, as well, and even tho they don't know it yet--she and my son will end up moving there and then taking care of me in my old age.

LOL!! Scare them to death to hear that.

Posts: 1067 | From Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Arizona sounds good if you say it fast. It has history, charm and some beauty but bare in mind, the rattlesnakes crawl along the steam pipes to stay outta the sand!

------------------

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 6 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosisisland,

My friend's mothers family is from St. Croix and from what I understand "everyone" on the island knows of them. The lady's name (grandmother) was Viola. (and I THINK she had a purple house and a purple car - I seem to recall being told).

Anyway, If I could live anywhere I wanted I'd stay where I am, but I would ALSO, move back to New York and get an apartment in Manhattan. Probably also a place in Spain, London and a place in Sweden.

Oh, I can dream..................Maybe in my next life.

Dll

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound strange, but my dream is to live the rest of my life about 40 miles from my current location, in Sullivan County, New York.

That is where I'll be going to school this fall. It's extremely rural, like Vermont, which we love, but it's still close to personal ties (and job opportunities for my husband and, hopefully, me when I'm well enough).

We've been like nomads (not by choice), each having moved around 20 times in our lives. We bought our first house last year (old, dilapidated mobile home), and we plan to live here for five to ten years. After that, we want to buy a brand-new modular and never move again!

It's still Tick Central, but I'm down with protection! Steph

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katclimber
Member # 5604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katclimber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada. Preferably Vancouver, BC (beautiful city!!!) Mountains, sea, the best of both worlds!!

fleeing the U.S. for different problems in a different country,
Karyn

Posts: 25 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a tough question!
Yikes!

But after giving it some thought I have decided I would move to one of two places:

1) To Madrid and keep a small house in the coutry near Segovia.

2) Or an apartment in Manhattan with a beach house in Cape Cod.

You can't beat having the best of both worlds!

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement