LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Social Security Disability--gone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Social Security Disability--gone
MammaLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1257

Icon 8 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You heard George Bush at the last debate admit he is getting rid of Social Security. There will be no social security for the young people who work and get lyme disease. There will be no funding.

This evil empire must not be selected again.
Shame on this administration. They already spent the money on the top 1 percent and now they do not want to pay it back. Remember, Kenneth Lay from Enron ruined so many people's live when he stole their pensions. That is what his friend George wants to do to all of you.

STOP THIS MASSACRE NOW!

Posts: 2173 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see the pure evil

to joke at sick people & elderly losing
their money and medical care

even if don't agree..it is bad
people are scared of this and you are mean to them. not nice. sicko

those who think hes funny....can you justify making fun of people worried about this. is this decency
not funny to laugh at others
a real evil sickness

ask about marnie in medical and you will see so u dont get drawn in...beware

Posts: 176 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are so right Lisa. The other people are so blinded by all of this. They need to wise up before all of this happens. I worked for SSA and I know what is planned.
Posts: 2173 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doggiemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doggiemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody on Social Security Disability notice that they have been doing reviews this year, way before they are supposed to be done? Many people in the disability group I belong to have received theirs several months to a year early. Seems to me this administration is rushing to get folks off of SSDI before the election, perhaps to boast of the money they are saving? Just my opinion on that last part, but I do find it to be a bit suspicious. They've been running behind on reviews for so long, and now suddenly during election year they're rushing them thru early. God help us if Bush is re-elected!
Posts: 106 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa heres where it came from. http://www.nnhs93reunion.com/attending.htm
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, what Bush said is there will be money for the ones that retire soon, but the money will not be there when the younger people retire. We will privatize Social Security. They wanted to do this in the year 2000. That was there scheme. Since they gave the money from the trust fund to the wealthy, George Bush's base in his own words, what is left for the other people. If you work and earned money and have enough years of work depending on your age, you are entited to Social Security Disability if you need it.

PROTECT THIS NOW!

Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamalyme is 100% right
as well as being a 2bit thug to females
(look how u talk to lisaz again rude)
u also not know ur stuff mr arrogant
ur a fool..my guess momma give u all money anyhow a boy like u

Posts: 176 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark my word, there will be no Social Security Disability if George Bush gets back in. The rich do not want to keep paying into this fund. It is odd because one day the big wheels might have to use it.

I remember when an actress's husband had to use the fund when he got older because he was disabled. I was working there then. People have hard luck and now they will not have the only insurance that ever worked to fall back on. Put that with the Canadian's that do not want to see us cheaper drugs, and we are going to be very sick, sick people.

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MammaLyme,You are the best Democrat there ever was. MADDOG
Posts: 4010 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LabRat
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LabRat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Kerry has a plan! Draft the 65-75 year olds. That way you get a bunch of old farts off SS and bulk up the army numbers! I am a believer now-I seed da light, Kerry my main squeeze! Vote right and get a free bottle of catsup! (After rebate of course.)

------------------

Posts: 1887 | From Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My father has no savings, no money, nothing to sell, no pension, no life insurance, no retirement, no long-term life insurance, no health insurance....

It scares the hell out of me. What will he do when he can no longer work? He lives basically paycheck to paycheck. What happens when he gets ill (the man hasn't been to a doctor in over 20 years)?

Social Security won't be enough for him but at least he will have it.

What will they do for the generation x'ers like me who have been paying ss for so many years now?

It's crazy...

[This message has been edited by JillF (edited 19 October 2004).]

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog, I do not vote one party or the other. I voted more Republican than Democrat over the years. I vote who is best to lead the country over the next years.

They just announced there was, I think, a billion dollar overpayment to disability. I remember Reagan doing the same thing. They took so many people off of the disability rolls when he was in office. I worked there then and I know. Then the Administrative Law Judges came along and reversed a lot of the cases since the people were disabled and so sick, wondering where there money was going to come from and their medication. it was so sad. They were put back on the rolls but it was a long process. We cannot let this happen again.
I was there, I saw what happened.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement