LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » For Weeza and Mike #2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Weeza and Mike #2
Softballmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please overlook the posts that have nothing to do with this post. Try not to respond and maybe thay will go away.

Lets start this over again

You were asking about my music, and although I don't have anything recent to share yet, I do have a classic. It's quite funny...it was the first song I ever wrote and recorded. I wrote it for a girl I liked and it was a Valentines Day gift. Her favorite movie was the cult classic "Somewhere In Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. It's one of my favorite all-time movies as well. I can play a lot of the soundtrack on piano.
If you have ever seen the movie, there's a part where she recognizes that she's in love with him, and during a play she looks out into the audience and speaks to him (and deviates from the script while her fellow actors are freaking out). I recorded that part of the movie and blended it in right at the beginning of the song.

So don't laugh too hard. It was done back in 1986, and has a new wave English alternative style (which I don't normally do). Kind of Smiths meets Depeche Mode meets pop love song of the early to mid-80's. I was a little out of tune at times, but oh well. I had to play two keyboards and sing at the same time so it was hard to get it right.

The song is called 'Share Some Time'. Be patient, it takes a minute or two to load. In fact in might be better to just download onto your computer and then play it. I haven't set up my site to stream audio really well yet, but will eventually.

If you have a PC with a slower connection, right click on the link below, and choose the "Save Target As" and then choose where you want it on your computer. Then it will download. Then go back in and click on the MP3 file via whichever MP3 player you use (Real Audio, Quicktime, Windows Media, etc.)

http://www.cathedralstone.net/MP3/SST.mp3

[This message has been edited by Softballmom (edited 17 October 2004).]

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(from Weeza)

Mr.Mike,
I do thank you for the music you've shared. I did like it very much, am going to listen again as I coudn't hear the lyrics very well as I had to keep the sound down early this am.

What are you doing currently with your studio and music, are you able to have clients while ill or is it too big a demand right now?

I absolutely love Depeche Mode. The lead singer, god bless him, can't remember his name is amazingly gifted. Their sound in the 80's was very progressive & one of its kind.

Now I will have to go pull out some of their music to listen later.

I happened to hear the reunion concert on TV late one night about a week ago of Fleetwood Mac. It was incredible in my opinion. These musicians /singers are in their mid- late 50's and Stevie Nicks still has it and Lindsay B. played a couple of long guitar solos that blew me off the bed!

He played to the crowd by kneeling down into the people at stage level , and played guitar, hands a flyin while the crowd was reaching out to touch those magical fingers. Very exciting.

Would have given anything to be there that night.
Have you seen the performance?

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

(From Mike)

Weeza, yes Fleetwood Mac is an old favorite of mine too!!!! Actually their new album last year is great. It's very good and has sounds from the old days as well as new styles. I wish I could've seen them back when I was a kid in the 70's. I need to hurry up and see them. It's really sad that the rockers that I grew up with are getting old.
When I was in college in San Diego, I used to work as an usher with my friend at the San Diego Sports arena (circa 1983) and we got to go backstage for every show we worked and got to see the shows. I got to meet all the guys in Rush, Van Halen, etc. It was very cool being a starstruck kid right out of high school.

As of recently, my friend Victor Mason builds amps for Peter Frampton (yeah he's still playing too). I've gotten to know him and his band and usually go hang out with them when they come to Vegas. Did you ever like metal stuff like Dokken? The guitar player Geprge Lynch now works with my friend and I'm building a guitar with Vic that he'll be using.

Weeza have you ever seen the Eagles live? That's one other band that I haven't seen that I have to before it's too late. Oh, Pink Floyd as well. They rarely tour so it's not easy to catch them.

Softballmom
Member # 6235

Lisa,

Do you not get the message or do you need someone to spell it out for you. I am not going to get into a heated argument with you because I know how much you would that. So you can be the victem and everyone can feel sorry for you so I will ask you nicely since you did not get the message. If you don't have anything nice to say here GET OFF THIS POST!

Oh I don't think it is a sin for Christians to divert something to try to avoid confrontation. However it is hard when the confrontation keeps following every time they try to get away!!!

Its alot of work to keep doing this but I will if I have to so I am asking you Please stop? Please?

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole mess is stupifying.

24, you are some piece of work.

Cindy..so long as you post in defence of this known abuser, I will post in defence of the women he abuses.

I hope you can respect that. I think one day you might.

We desperately need a moderator.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Mike
I haven't recorded anything since 2002. I hope once they start treatment for the Lyme starts working and my symtoms start reversing I can get back in the Studio.

I have tons of songs to record. Of course they are all country. Do you listen to any country. I also do Christian Contenporary. I am versital though. I can totaly loose my country twang. I have done broadway in theater.

Two years ago I had the lead in "Gypsy" I played Mamma Rose. Are you familiar with that one?

Softballmom
Member # 6235

I love the eagles too. Journey is one of my favorites. Back before I was a Christian. When I was 18 I sang in 2 night clubs when I was in Coledge. I used to do Journey's "open Arms" and Nazereth "love Hurts" Pat Benetar, Heart, Cher, wide range Patty LaBelle, Chanede Oconner Stevie Nicks,

I didn't go to Country until I was 23.

Softballmom
Member # 6235

That is interesting. I don't follow them much. My favorite song by Journey is.. Whats the name? I'm Forever yours Faithfully.

Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
softballs mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cannot believe my eyes u talk to azlisa like that. u not know her at all compared to bitsy she a saint... she ignore all argument. not like it. why are u blind to 24 inflamming her and following her. he did to many others.. . woman have you no shame...i beginning to think u are mental sick like bits.. you call az lisa a victim after way she has been degraded by him? what terrible way to treat another female..you should be ashamed ashamed ashamed of yourself for talking to her like that. i am angry now. very angry. never been so angry. lady, you are a FOOL of the worst KIND!!!!

do not believe you talk to her like that. what kind of person are you????????
no Christian I know ever would speak to a nice person like that; you NOT NICE and a big phony I can see

are you in unhappy marriage and think bits is man for u or why you so blind

Either you are pure sin and lie of Christian faith or you are fool or you have some reason to think 24 is your man
the devil is blind

don't ever quote scripture to me ever again you evil sinner

God sees your sinning

she right..u will be so ashamed when u know truth..she right..u not act like true Christian.weeza will be shocked when she see all this tomorrow

mrs kind weeza, a true Christian woman will not approve of all your talk here and evilness.. at all using her name.. she not worthy of that at all

woman u do need to repent. i never have been this mad and need to think what to do
will think through first so do nothing bad in haste. promised mrs weeza

[This message has been edited by Pepsi (edited 17 October 2004).]

Posts: 176 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i going to write long mail to moderators about both softball and 24 bits... i have all samples how you talk on posts to people

now you are an accomplice to 24 softball moms what

no amount of repenting can repair some deeds you act like phony Christian

God does not always forgive all does he? some end up in hell
better look inside quick and see what you doing

you should be ashamed of all your behavior on here..no amount of crying now can fix what you have done to others not worthy of it

Posts: 176 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Pepsi,

Le 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
NTB TTT
Le 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
NTB SBD TTT
Le 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

I will pray for you and most especially your Sunday School Class.

Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

quote:
Originally posted by Softballmom:
Pepsi,

Le 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
NTB TTT
Le 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
NTB SBD TTT
Le 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

I will pray for you and most especially your Sunday School Class.

i teach history not scripture
to adults

also your scripture means nothing if u not live life correctly and u know it in ur soul

keep quoting all u want but u showed your truth tonight

to turn around and start judging me? lady u know this is wrong

every day i live my life the right way in how i TRULY respect and help others

i make mistakes but i a saint in action next to you

yes i should not be so mad you or judge
but i do to protect others when i see a phony like u

u dont even know lisaarizona. do you??? do you know the good she does in private life or how sick she is???? you call her victim and nastiness?? she right.u should be ashamed and i don't care if its wrong for me to say

u don't love your neighbor as thyself. who are you ever to quote scripture to me.

how dare you say you pray for my class with what u doing on here...not right of you

Softballmom
Member # 6235

I wish you would please hurry and call the moderators. I am with Weeza you are scaring me too!!!
Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

no reason to be scared
stop...look at what you do
distance yourself
and all will be fine

i tried to tell you about the devil

go sleep now

Softballmom
Member # 6235

Mike,

Missed your post in the mist of the flyby's.
My favorite county artist's are Martina McBride and Travis Trent.

I also want to comment on one other thing that was brought up. Not that I feel that I have to defend myself but I want to.

In March I will be married for 10 years to a wonderfull man whom I love very much. That goes both ways. We have a wonderfull marriage. We both are born again Christians. Are member of a great Church we are both very active in.

We argue from time to time like most couples but we rarely raise our voices to each other we never leave the house without telling each other that we love one another and tomorrow I will pull this post up and let my husband read it just like I always do when crazy stuff happens on here. Because it always gives him a good laugh.

We both trust each other completly. Always have and always will. The biggest struggle that we have had to face yet in our marriage is Lyme. Since my Stroke last year and the siezures my husband has had to take on alot more and it has taken a toll on our family but we are surviving. Because we have a love that far extends that of alot of marraiges I have wittnessed in my lifetime.

So rest assured that there is no hanky panky going on in this post. But thank you to all who are concerned.

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks Cindy for your background, it's good to know more about each other here.

I'll share briefly a bit about mine, my sister will be here shortly so won't get long winded.

I'm 54 years "young" we're staying young longer these days aren't we thank the Lord.

Am happily married now for 31 years to an awesome man with the patience of Job. He's stuck by me when i've been far from loveable.

We have 2 fabulous (of course) grown son & a daughter ages, 30 and 29 years.

They're pretty awesome people, we enjoy one anothers company a lot.

BTW, Mike, my son & I are the music lovers and have been going to rock concerts together since he was in college.
Like you he has an appreciation for a wide range of music. He especially likes the more obscure bands that don't get top10 recognition; the independant musicians.

Although, his favorite band since college is "Rush"!!! He'd be so envious you were able to meet them.

Both kids are living no too far from you Mike. My daughter is in San Francisco and son is in Oakland.

He's a very gifted aritist( says mom) and his dream is to break into the entertainment end of computer animation.

He's been in Ca. for 2 years now working part time jobs hoping for that break!?! Not easy to do.

My husband and I lead a very quiet peaceful life. God has been and is still good to us as we continue to walk with him day by day.

Oh, and can't leave out my babies: 2 amazing dogs that put Lassie to shame because they're so smart & adorable.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did miss alot since I've been away from my computer...

The Smiths are probably my favorite band. I've always been a Eurotrash junkie.

I wasn't able to get to your song though. It didn't work. Oh, well.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy Crap!

That song is absolutely GREAT!

Reminds me of Anything Box

This is exactly the type of music I LOVE!

You should definitely post more. I'd put it on a CD to listen to in my car.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Pop Goes the World - Men w/out Hats

Thanks, now you have me in a melancholy mood visiting my old favorites...

Remember Kids in the Hall? The Young Ones? Absolutely Fabulous? I used to have to sneak downstairs when my dad was sleeping to watch 120 Minutes on MTV...

Softballmom
Member # 6235

I still haven't been able to listen to it yet. When I was downloading it last night my computer shut down. My computer has been a mess for about a week now. I am going to try and download it again today. I am actious to hear it.
Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It a very very sad day here when ladies of supposed faith befriend the devil and will not even try to look at it with open eyes though others in sincere kindness try to tell them

(WEEZA-this not all apply to you as i think you only see the good in others but please heed the words anyhow-reread what i wrote and did not want to include u, though i am surprised by your not seeing)

show not even ONE OUNCE of openness Lord!!

why why why our Father? why Lord? can u help me to understand these cold unfeeling hearts Lord?

i know this bad to say but they act like catscratching, desparate, duncey lonely female instead of GOOD KIND TRUE WARM HEARTED CHRISTIAN LADIES ..it is a sad day Lord Jesus!!!!

help me Lord Jesus to forgive their sinning

very very sad and shows true lack of faith and humility

He blesses and forgives those who are true in their faith in real action, not empty words, and he blesses and forgives who treat all others with always real respect and kindness, not phony empty scripture and real in-life acts of disregard for feelings of others

very sad i am today, very sad before you Lord Jesus
i am in tears Lord

I will pray for these coldhearted sinners

God Bless Us All
we need it badly when ladies of faith treat
others like this
they all show no shame, no humilty, no kindness, no respect, no caring for others hurt, see only one side only no matter what

Lord I do not understand, help me to understand
Pepsi-Cola, your faithful servent Lord

was only trying to help.. no more
will help others who wont help themselves and turn from God
24 bit is the worst offender and will never be redeemed

Softballmom
Member # 6235

(from Svengalie Eyes)
Hey Mike,
I liked your song. I believe a lot of others who have clicked on the link and heard it probably also liked it but theis thread went somewhere else they probably thought it was better not too post.

Any way the song is excellent. You said this was from 1986, do you still write music? It must be wonderful to have an outlet like music. I imagine that cresting music could be very healing. I would love to learn to play the harp.

Music is a wonderful contribution to my healing process. Thanks for sharing yours.

Softballmom
Member # 6235

Weeza,

Thanks for sharing. I didn't minchen my children. I have three. My oldest daughter is 13 my son is 7 and my baby girl is 5. The first year they are all in school. Doesn't seem right. When I am out during the day I still look for my little one in the rear view mirror.

Everyone is talking about the song and I can't get it downloaded. I am going to try again.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement