LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Calling All Movie Critics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calling All Movie Critics
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thought a fun topic would be for those who have loved movies, past or present to tell what they were and why they had an impact, positive or negative.

It can be from any category. Comedy, Drama, Sci Fi, Horror, documentary, foreign....etc. you get the idea.

I know this will be tough, but let's limit our responses to 3 movies per person.

1) Wizard Of Oz : because it became a childhood tradition, the one movie I would look forward to seeing again & again. Plus I loved to get scared by the witch & monkeys.

2) To Kill A Mockingbird: I wanted so badly to be apart of Gregory Peck's family with Scout & her brother(can't remember his name).

Just something about that small town life, the real life characters were so incredibly real you felt you could have a converstion with them.
Again, I loved being scared by Boo Radley, only to find out he was harmless.

And can you say enough about Gregory Peck's performance?

3) okay, I have to cheat and list 2 comedies;
Raising Arizona, and Trains, Planes & Automobiles.

Oh My Lord......side splitting comedy by some of the best, John Candy & Steve Martin!

I hope to hear yours

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in!! This is fun stuff. But I can't make up my mind I have so many. I'm in torment to keeping it to 3!!

I guess my favorite movie at the moment that I could see and have seen upteen hundred times is Remember the Titans. (Love my sports) And I love Denzel. What an awesome actor.

In with you on the Planes, Trains Autombiles. That was tooo funny. Although I must admit One flew over the Coo Coo's Nest was great. Some cussing but Jack was awesome.

Drama-this one is a hard one-Really loved Schindler's List and The Patriot with Mel Gibson. Like to many in this category.

Best actress for me is Audrey Hepburn. What a true lady too bad she's gone. Of course Katherine was also awesome.

Actors-of course the best is Jimmy Stewart. I would have to add Denzel to this list as well as Robert (DeNiro)

Posts: 54 | From N. Richland Hills, Tx, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Silence of the Lambs (all aspects of the filmaking, suspense, screenplay, performances by all actors, big and small)

2. Annie Hall (what can you say about Woody?)

3. It's a Beautiful Life..(The most uplifting story celebrating life with Nazi Germany as the backdrop)
..not to be confused with Beautiful Mind, or It's a Wonderful Life, though those are two great films as well..

4. African Queen (Bogie and Kate..her strenghth and his character)

5. Terms of Endearment (wonderful emsemble and individual performances)

Mo

(sorry, I can't stick to three..this is my area..then there's Sophie's Choice, Cirpico..
When Harry Met Sally, The Graduate..too many great ones)

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 18 October 2004).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See toooo many to list. Although-no offense I'm not a Woody fan.

African Queen-great movie.

Posts: 54 | From N. Richland Hills, Tx, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a big Movie lover. My Dad used to always rent me classic musicals. He always nurished my love for music and theater.

West side Story. Great perpormance by Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer. Loved it.

One of my all time favorites. "Calamity Jane"
don't know if I spelled it right. It was a really funny movie to me when I was young. She goes from being a butchy cowgirl into a lady and lands the man of her dreams. Can't remember who he was but if someone saw it they probably would. Now I get to share them with My children.

Also love John Wayne. My old favorite is McLintock. It still makes me laugh. My favorite part is when John Wayne tells his daughter he is only giving his her and her husband a small portion of land and says how "there is nothing like the love between a man and a women with all that growing together!" or something like that. You have to see the movie. Its great.

Just thought I would name some you might not have seen.

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

Love John Wayne too. My favorite is "the Cowboys". I think that's it. Unfortunately he dies. If I'm not mistaken he has only died in two of his movies. This one and one other one he made late in his life. Now I can't remember it. I could barely remember Jimmy Stewart-now that is said. Need to take some Mag I guess-my head is about to explode!!
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mo:
[B]1. Silence of the Lambs (all aspects of the filmaking, suspense, screenplay, performances by all actors, big and small)

That was a great flick. Didn't much care for the sequals but that was an excellent picture. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

Edge of seat. I though Alien was pretty edgey. Great scary flick. Silence was great as well. Gotta get back to the game.

How exciting is that. bottom of the 8th no outs and one on.

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks you gals, OHHH! you are all so right, you've listed some of the best of the best

Oh, and Audrey Hepburn was a dream; loved loved Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Fair Lady.

SBM.... me too on the musicals, a fanatic over
Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Oklahoma.

I need a movie fix now, gonna get some popcorn & raisinets.. turn off all the lights and watch PSYCHO !!!! , BOOOOOOOO!

Just kidding, I hated that movie, Can you believe my dad took me and my brother while on vacation with him (parents divorced, spent summers with dad)
we were 6 & 7 years old. He didn't know it would be that bad until the shower scene. By then I was crying and we left the theatre. Years before I'd take a shower.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, I'm an 80's fan

Breakfast Club, St Elmo's Fire, Pretty in Pink, Can't Buy Me Love, Better Off Dead, Dream a Little Dream, Ferris Beuller, Footloose, Lost Boys, Outsiders, Some Kind of Wonderful....

Love the 'brat pack', the Cory's and Matt Dillion...

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love movies. I'm especially fond of musicals and comedy....

Favorite Musical - Singing in the Rain - just a classic grand musical with great score, choreography and costuming.

Favorite (Romantic)Comedy - Two Weeks Notice and Sweet Home Alabama - nothing fancy just simple romantic comedies.

Favorite Drama -Life is Beautiful (wow) - just an incredibly powerful movie about a father's love for his son and protecting him from the atrocities of the time,

Streetcar Named Desire (Brando and Leigh) - amazing acting, love the black and white really powerful

Tap (Gregory Hines) - a small relatively unknown film that showcases some of the finest old time tappers in the history of dance. A sentimental favorite.
cootiegirl

[This message has been edited by cootiegirl (edited 18 October 2004).]

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

I can dig with that. Like Sheen especially his new comedy series. That is so funny. Haven't seen much of Dillon. Of course then theres Demi. Haven't heard much from her either.
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Oh Jill, Your bringin back old memories. Rob Lowe was the stuff! I wasn't old enouph to see the movie when it first came out.

Grease 2 Couldn't see that one either. My mom was Fire and Brimston.

Want to hear something really funny. When I was 5 my Dad and up sat up to watch Willy Wonka's Chocolae Factory. It was dark. I was laying with him on the couch.

The part came on where the girl ate the blueberry gum and turned into a blueberry and I freaked out. I started to cry. Daddy had to turn the TV off and sleep with me the rest of the night.

Can you believe I had nightmares from Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory? lol

JillF
Member # 5553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JillF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say Annie is my all time musical favorite. Maybe the only musical I like.

I could still watch it now if it were on TV.

I had the perm, the stuffed dog, the record, the movie, the dress, the doll, the purse, the poster, etc.

Posts: 1485 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

This is too funny. Mine was the 70's thing. The Farrah hair. Oh my goodness... Did I have the hair thing going on.... Wished I looked like her back then. Of course we still have big hair here in Texas.
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love movies around here, but I warn ya all, cant pick just three~! or three to a category for that matter.....I'm sorry.

Action---Indiana Jones hands down!

Romance---Romancing the stone, When Harry met Sally

SciFi---Aliens, Terminators

Kids??---Hook

Comedy---Dumb & Dumber (bathroom humor kills me), Blazing Saddles, Monty Python

Drama---Schindlers list, Pelican Brief, Green Mile

Documentary---Blue Planet seas of Life series, gotta see it if you haven't. Everything and more about the sea that you'd EVER want to know!

TV series---(ok Im deviating here) Soap or Mash

Weeza, To Kill a Mockingbird (Peck is a heart-throb!) when in JrHi we were supposed to read the book, brought it home and parents had to have a conference and decide if they would LET me read it! Very controversial back in those days.

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Some more of my favotites more recent.

Chic Flicks- Hope Floats, Beaches, Bed of Roses, Dying Young, Sweet November

Action/Drama- Armagedan, The Last Boy Scout, Die Hard (I love Bruice)
Shaw Shank Redemption (spell?) excellent movie but you have to watch every minute of it.

Comedy- Major Paign Funniest movie I have ever seen I think! Clean enouph for the kids to watch.

Team Mom
Member # 4677

OOOOOOh I'm in on Brucie babe. Tears of the Sun.

Major Payne-too funny. Oh and what about Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with Martin and oh pooh forget his name. Although not really a children's movie. Finding Nemo my one of my favorites (Just keep swimming...) Love Lion King too. Oh and yes Toy Story-both as well as Monsters Inc.

Chic flicks-well I would have to start with Steel Magnolias. Then Terms of Endearment. Oh yes and Step Mom-love the music-Love Marvin Gaye.

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cootay..

*Singing in the Rain and *Street Car are great films!

I also too love love love *West Side Story.

How about *Barefoot in the Park? (Jane Fonda and Robert Redford) It's a better play..but I like the film, too.

Yes, the Silence sequals should have been slienced! Nothing like the first film, missing too many key components in acting and filmmakers.. (bad choice, Tony!)

I have to mention the first *Jaws..excellent..do you recognize the chubby Rob Rhiner in the beginning of that film?

You know the scene where the head comes out of the hull of the boat? Steven Spielberg did that in one of the crew's swimming pool ar the last minute..he felt that part needed to be added.

I do also like the *Terminators..I love Linda Hamilton's contrast between T1 and T2.

Isn't that when we all started working out?

*Hitchcock's Rear Window

I also forgot, *The Birds..

I did the costume for Halloween, it's actually a fun one.

Dress in a light blue suit like she wore, and put your hair in a beehive..and take wire secured round the collar bone with lots of bouncing extensions with birds on the end of it..then of course, a dab of blood on your forehead will do it..

*Dances With Wolves I love..best thing Kevin has done to date, IMO.

Fovorite TV, the Honeymooners and I Love Lucy..and The Odd Couple.

Know em all by heart. Remember the one where Ralph and Ed are handcuffed together?

Ed: "Aah..hey Ralf...ya mind if I smoke?"

Ralf: "I don't care if ya BUUUUUURN"

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph to Alice:
You're nothin, nothin!!

Alice to Ralph (in your best sarcastic tone):
Biiig Deeeeal!~~~~Boss of Nothin!!

[This message has been edited by meg (edited 19 October 2004).]

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Team Mom
Member # 4677

Oh my gosh-Jaws-wouldn't go swimming in the lake past my knees-is that stupid or what!!! I still get a little hair standing on my neck when we go to Florida (Navarre Beach).

Oh and the birds-great idea for Halloweenie. Luv Hitchcock. Rear window (the original) oh and Vertigo.

Heck we still watch I Love Lucy. Oh and the Dick Van Dyke show. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Rob... Gotta include the old westerns too-Raw Hide

Weeza has started an addiction!!!

Softballmom
Member # 6235

One a these days Alice!!

TO THE MOON!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Softballmom (edited 19 October 2004).]

Mo
Member # 2863

Baby......you're the greatest..

Good night..glad I'm back..I was gone so long!

Thanks for the fun thread!

All debating wolves and sheep can punch the timeclock on OT now, and get some shut eye..

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 19 October 2004).]

minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harvey.

"My mother said to me, Elwood, to get by in this world you need to be oh so very smart, or oh so very pleasant. For a long time I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

[This message has been edited by minoucat (edited 19 October 2004).]

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

I could cry ladies....you're all sooo sweet !!

I had the best time reminiscing (sp?) about all these beautiful movies, Wow so many that I'd forgotten about.

Team Mom, my kids gave me the nickname Weeza because of that movie. My daughter said I remind her of the Weeza in the movie. (believe me I'm not at all) Loved the movie!

Jill F. Oh, totally the 80's. Molly Ringwold is a favorite actress of mine and I loved PIP & Some kinda Wonderful with Leah Thompson.

Cootie girl & Mo, Life is Beautiful will never be forgotten......I was an emotional wreck after it.

Mo! the Halloween idea is brilliant! Will pass that on to my son who loves Halloween and goes all out.... his date could be Tippy Hedren in that get up.

A favorite tv. show way back when was Andy Griffith. Very big down South here. Ol' Barney Fife

Wish that we could all have a big slumber party, stay up all night and watch some of these classics LOL I think i'm so " high school"

Another topic if you like:

Who do you think is the most beautiful actress past and present? Probrobly should exclude Liz
Taylor cause everyone will say she was in her prime. Saw a special about her life last night and reminded me of her beauty, especially as a child actress and in her 20's...... Incredible.

I get to go first, tee hee.

1. past ) Vivian Leigh , Gone With the Wind
2. present) Nicole Kidman, looks like a porcelain doll

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

This is a post script to above:

Minoucat, wanted to tell you that your mother's quote is truly beautiful and I'll remember it.

Harvey was unforgettable with our beloved Jimmy Stewart.

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

I could cry ladies....you're all sooo sweet !!

I had the best time reminiscing (sp?) about all these beautiful movies, Wow so many that I'd forgotten about.

Team Mom, my kids gave me the nickname Weeza because of that movie. My daughter said I remind her of the Weeza in the movie. (believe me I'm not at all) Loved the movie!

Jill F. Oh, totally the 80's. Molly Ringwold is a favorite actress of mine and I loved PIP & Some kinda Wonderful with Leah Thompson.

Cootie girl & Mo, Life is Beautiful will never be forgotten......I was an emotional wreck after it.

Mo! the Halloween idea is brilliant! Will pass that on to my son who loves Halloween and goes all out.... his date could be Tippy Hedren in that get up.

A favorite tv. show way back when was Andy Griffith. Very big down South here. Ol' Barney Fife

Wish that we could all have a big slumber party, stay up all night and watch some of these classics LOL I think i'm so " high school"

Another topic if you like:

Who do you think is the most beautiful actress past and present? Probrobly should exclude Liz
Taylor cause everyone will say she was in her prime. Saw a special about her life last night and reminded me of her beauty, especially as a child actress and in her 20's...... Incredible.

I get to go first, tee hee.

1. past ) Vivian Leigh , Gone With the Wind
2. present) Nicole Kidman, looks like a porcelain doll

Team Mom
Member # 4677

Beautiful actress. There are so many. One and first would have to say Audrey Hepburn. Halle Berry (she is totally gorgeous). Then there Catherine Zeta Jones. Agree with you on Nicole Kidman-she does look like a porcelien doll. And Jacquelyn Smith (you know Charlie's Angels) always thought she was gorgeous.
Softballmom
Member # 6235

I like Sandra Bullock. Her personality her movie rolls makes her even more beautiful.

and Ava Gardner. You know she is one of our locals too. Just a hop skip and a jump from us. From Smithfield North Carolina.

Weeza you might find this interesting. Andy Griffith was my mother's High School English and Chorus teacher. I still have one of her books with his autograph. Well back then it was just his name written in it as the teacher.

Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one mentioned the best movie ever made--Casablanca. Bogie fan here.
TV adaptation or series--Thornbirds(still watch all four videos of that)
Children/young adult favorite"The Outsiders"
Drama--"Alive"
Comedy--"Bringing Down the House"

This post was a terrific idea. Thanks. Helps get mind off of self.

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoSleep2000
Member # 6368

Icon 12 posted      Profile for MoSleep2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I read this one on my lunch break at school and it got me thinking too. I have too many favorite movies, but I'll try for my top three.
1. Lord of the Rings: I count them as one, since the book is supposed to be read as one and I love Tolkien! I love the emotional value the actors bring to their characters. RotK makes me cry every single time I've seen it...and I've seen it a lot! I hear they're supposed to be making The Hobbit in 2006!!!!! I'm so geeked!

2. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: I absolutely LOVE Gene Wilder in this and any other roles...Dr. Frankentein in Young Frankenstein, and in Hear No Evil See No Evil...I adore him!

3. Amelie: It's my favorite foreign film of all time! Audrey Tautou is so beautiful and perfect as Amelie! I highly recomend it. It's in French with subtitles, so if you have a hard time with those, as my mom does, I'm sorry.

I really do have sooooo many others it's hard to limit it to 3! I love anything with Alan Rickman and Julie Andrews and so many more! Plus I love musicals! (Being a music major helps...)

Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

I posted this once but it disappeared so if it showes up again you know why.

Ava Garder is beautiful. She is from Smithfield, NC. Not far from here.

I also think Sandra Bullock is beautiful. I like her personality too.

Weeza you might find this interesting. Andy Griffith was my Mothers English and Chorus teacher in Highschool. She used to talk about him all the time. She said all the girls had a crush on him.

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Cindy, that is soo cool. I had no clue Andy G. was a teacher turned actor. Bet he was a good one too.

You're right about Ava.....vavaboom!

Thanks for the latest movie remembrances; you're right about Lord of The Rings, the characters will be so memorable!

cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot my pick for action film - the Star Wars trilogy. Not the prequels (bleck) but the original films. My oldest son is a huge star wars fan and collector. He started at the ripe old age of 3. He actually had an exhibit in the State Museum in Albany, NY showcasing his collection.

African Queen - Bogie and Hepburn - wow!
One of my all time favorite movies was "The Great Houdini" with Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis.

Gigi, On the Town, Top Hat, Royal Wedding, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kiss Me Kate
Foreign films - Like Water for Chocolate. As for Life is Beautiful I saw it both in Italian and dubbed - I liked it better in Italian with subtitles - it just added something (and I don't even know Italian!)

And anything with Harrison Ford, Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts or Hugh Grant!

I can't imagine how the American Film Institute was able to pick the top 100 films of all times!

And tv - Lucy hands down!!! Carol Burnett comes in second.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lenny777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lenny777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. ``Badlands'', ``Days of Heaven'' and ``The Thin Red Line.'' I know that's three right there but they are all by the same director, Terrence Malick. They are three of the most beautiful movies you will ever see or hear. They made me want to make movies.

2. ``Good Will Hunting.''

3. ``Office space.'' Smartest and funniest movie EVER!

Posts: 635 | From Texas | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Thanks Lenny, Haven't seen any of those and will check it out. I did hear office space was very funny.

Pepsi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best movie all time == psycho
love lady actress blonde just died
she a knockout blonde bombshell

i close to my mama too

Posts: 176 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoSleep2000
Member # 6368

Icon 12 posted      Profile for MoSleep2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock out Psycho! I saw it for the first time in '97 I think, and I was seriously afraid to take a shower for a week! Thanks Anthony Perkins for bringing Norman Bates to life!

OK, so I think Rosemary Clooney is absolutely beautiful (for past), even though she was mainly a singer. Who can forget her in White Christmas?! And today, I think Sandra Bullock as well...She's simply a gorgeous person!

As for Life is Beautiful...I saw it dubbed first and then bought it in Italian Subtitles...sooooo good! I love Roberto Begnini (sp?) in this! This is my favorite Holocust story of all time because the love is so real in it. The little boy is absolutely precious!

Posts: 12 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

quote:
Originally posted by Lenny777:
1. 3. ``Office space.'' Smartest and funniest movie EVER!

Pieces of flair: I can't go into a TGIFriday's without thinking of that

"No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Samir Na-gheen-an-a-jar. Nagheenanajar."

kitsicox
Member # 6307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitsicox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 3 fave movie-types:

1. Anything with Joaquin Phoenix
2. Anything with Matt Damon
3. Anything with Dennis Quaid

Imagine a film with all three of them??

**faints**
**thud**

Posts: 53 | From North Oaks, MN, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Oh, too funny people.....definitely will see office space, several recommendations on that one and
kitisox...... I loved Dennis is the adorable movie: the remake of the 60's movie "Parent trap".

How about him for your dad?

Softballmom
Member # 6235

OK ladies who likes Keven Costner?

Well I do. (Sexy)

OK Pepsi, If look once and turn away but look twice its lust.

SO I JUST LOOK THE WHOLE TIME!!! LOL

Wyatt Earp (also has Dennis Quaid as Doc Holliday) Loved that Movie.

Message in A Bottle (Loved the movie hated the ending!)

Bull Durham (Loved it! Susan Surandan (SP?) also one of my faveorite actresses.)

Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to rank the movie Rudy as my all time favorite. It teaches a huge lesson in never giving up.
Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JillF
Member # 5553

Say Anything is another good movie

Basically, anything with John Cusack...

"What are your plans?"

"Well, I've given this a lot of thought, and I don't wanna sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't wanna sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or...process anything sold, bought...or processed, or repair anything sold bought or processed, ya know, as a career, I don't wanna do that. So uh, my father's in the army...he wants me to join...but I can't work for that corporation. Umm, so, what I've been doing lately is kickboxing."

Softballmom
Member # 6235

I went in and tried to see them. Only saw a couple. It keeps saying I have to give a password to see the rest.
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Lisa,
I only saw a couple. I couldn't acsess all of them.
Cindy

JillF
Member # 5553

Kevin Costner was never very attactive to me

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Kurt Russel in Soldier. Something about him in that movie. Movie sucked though.

And Val Kilmer.

Seth Green. He's not very 'cute', per say, but humorous as hell. Makes him cute to me. Funny guy - even in real life.

I've always liked the guys who had more personality than looks for some reason - my friends always made fun of me. Humor lasts alot longer than looks, though.

[This message has been edited by JillF (edited 22 October 2004).]

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Great hornytoads

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

I loved Dances with Wolves too!

And Tin Cup

Alright Tree what are your favorites?

Meg
Member # 22

......ok, ok, Jeff Bridges
Yummmmmmmm

and amen to Kurt Russell too!

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 12 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just rented one lastnight that was purty good!

Hugh Jackman as Vanhelsing Lots of action

I like science fiction, and action, and ocasionally good tear jerker. Iam not your tipical big tough guy I aint afraid of crying. hahahha

Remember old yeller,
or Seargent York with Gary Cooper ?
Shane?

I like pretty much about everything.

Gone with the Wind one of my favorites.

Oh yeah I luved the old cartoons like daffy duck, sylvester the cat, bugs bunny,droopy,tom&jerry the originals before they messed with them.

Some of theold b movies or cult classics like the green slime, the blob, creature from the black lagoon.

As long as it has a great plot Iam for it.

How about The Gladiator,or sparticus with Kirk Douglas, The Robe with Victor Mature.

Thats some of them. Pretty wide variety.

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

I don't know, I think I'm way too young to remember all that old stuff~~

NOT! lol

Any of the old looney tunes are great cartoons, and I love the classic old movies.
The Way West, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, The one with John Wayne and Natalie Wood....now there's one of the most beautiful acresses!

[This message has been edited by meg (edited 22 October 2004).]

MoSleep2000
Member # 6368

Ooooh! I just saw Van Helsing for the first time yesterday and I loved it! I loved Carl, the Friar sidekick...David Wenham. He was really cute, I thought. I love action movies as well as the story holds me. Indiana Jones movies are some of my favorites of all time! And they're making a new one of those too I hear...So Good!
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Great Horny Toads

Tree, your crazy and up a tree.....you're a hoot.

Do your remember the Sci Fi. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with the alien robot Gork or Gort? Something like that.

When its laser eye took out everything in its path; now that movie really spooked me.

[This message has been edited by weeza3 (edited 22 October 2004).]

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

My pick for a hunky male actor would be #1;

Keanu Reeves ( Devils Advocate)
The Matrix

He has such soulful eyes.....AHHHHH

JillF
Member # 5553

Yup, Keanu Reeves in Matrix

Wolverine in XMen....

I've always like Andrew McCarthy.

And, I think Brendan Fraser is a HOTIE. Oh, he is cute. The Mummy. Cute and Funny.

I like the Rock, too. Don't find him attractive but I think he's funny to watch in the movies.

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Brenden Frasier is adorable Jill

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement