LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » ENERGY SUCKING

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ENERGY SUCKING
Loribelle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6293

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think maybe we should all remember what kind of forum this is...

OT, yes, but on a lyme disease site. almost all of us here are sick, some very sick. i know - the old scroll on by thing, but for some reason it is too much for some to do.

the way the discussions have been so heated on here lately i am suggesting some lighter topics for a while. maybe it will become one of those good habits.

by now everyone knows what is going to heat up the board. frankly it wears most sick people out. i have really wondered where some of you get all the energy.

i know i am fairly new here, some of you will think i am out of line to suggest this. but it saddens me to see people drop over the bickering and ENERGY SUCKING.

hey, we all need our energy to heal. and i for one need the human interaction... i am alone way too much because of this disease.

your thoughts???

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think your out of line Loribelle. You made a very good obsevation. My energy is all sucked up tonight just from reading and not even partaking.

Yes I think we all need to look at what is happening here and see what we all can do to benifit this situation.

I know that after this last topic reaching almost a whoping 200 posts we all definantly need to do some soul searching and try to make OT a safer place myself included.

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!! Good points and wise words!! Except I don't think we should have to eliminate all politics. I don't think that is necessary myself. People should be able to restrain themselves and try to talk respectfully to each other.

But fun topics are good too.

Here are a few.. First I bought some cosmetic skin care products on ebay. Can you believe this? It was fun though and I got some incredible prices! They also had some trial ones and I could buy them and see if I like them first. I picked a few product lines I wanted to try and went looking.

I also got a few of the garden of life supplements I wanted. I am very very into this diet and supplement plan I am doing and it is helping my overall health so much. Take a look at it-called the makers diet and some of the supplements are really fantastic for people with lyme disease. If you want any help with knowing about each one, let me know. You can buy them on the net or health food store, it is not an MLM company.

Third and you have no idea what big news this is for me because I have been sick so long! I have a date tonight!! Leaving in five minutes and another one with a totally different guy on Sunday! I hope I have the energy to go through with this and make it out alive! It has been awhile! It must mean I feel better because I haven't cared about this for a long time!

I am trying also to keep my life very calm and content and not to do energy sucking things. Arguing on lymenet is certainly not on the health list nor is holding grudges.

OK, I'll be back later!! If you want another addiction, try ebay. I am glad everyone is trying to commit to no personal bashing, etc. It is more healthy and life is too short.

Lisa

Posts: 230 | From Somewhere Sunny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo-woooooo Lisa..

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats lisa! let us know how the dates went...
Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pepster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say........the first one went FANTASTIC!!! I had such a great time and just got home. A really great first date!! Really nice and interesting man!!!
Posts: 230 | From Somewhere Sunny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
( woo-wooo )

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cootiegirl
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cootiegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto to the woo woos, Lisa! Give us details - not too personal tho!

As for the ebay thing,,,,be careful. I love it for the most part, but I did get burned. Thought I bought a genuine sterling silver and gold Tiffany bracelet. The seller vouched for its authenticity, original box, pouch etc, but I had it checked over at Tiffany's in NYC and it was an excellent genuine forgery!!!! Got my $ back, but not without a struggle from the seller. I think that they must have bought it thinking it was an original! It turned up back on ebay by the seller! He never noted that it was a reproduction but marked it as a 'final sale' item!!!! I contacted ebay about that because now I felt that he was being deceptive!!!!

So that incident has soured me a bit, but otherwise have gotten some excellent buys - a Northface coat for my son at about $60 less than retail and some collectibles. I'm checking out an item now for my other son for a Christmas present.
cootiegirl

Posts: 1728 | From New York State | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fully agree. Why direct anger at each other? We only "know" each other a tiny bit. I think the key words are compassion and balance. When I was really sick I couldn't do much "off topic" posting; I needed feedback and info on medical stuff.
But as I began to feel a little better I was really happy I could go to the off topic section and talk about various kinds of things, of various degrees of "seriousness".
When there was an elrction, of course the "board" heated up with political stuff. But last time somehow we kept the "personal attack" thing out of it, though some people at some points got pretty caustic (Maddog and HaplycarlessDave were still both around..(but back then both of us were mostly posting in "medical"..)) But everyone kept their "sense of boundaries". Also, one must keep a sense of humor going. Don't let the corners of your mouth turn downward for too long (otherwise that frown might get frozen onto your face! .....
The the worlds of hell, hunger, anumality, anger, tranquillity, rapture, learning, absorption, and enlightenment are all constantly flowin g in and out our lives. We can't totally escape from any one of them. But even the fact that we're here says something- that we're trying to make all these "worlds" function in a positive way for each other.
Whenever "personal attacks" seem to be happening, let us see what we can do to learn from whatever is being said and don't let them get us down. If anything we say makes somebody feel bad, let's try to remedy it with appropriate apology, defuse it with the right touch of humor, for those who are good at that (come back for a visit, roadRunner!), or just start a new thread, if that seems like the thing to do. Debate is energy-creating, if we can keep the higher views in sight and not lose compassion. Anger is bound to get in there, but lets stay level-headed and let the anger serve a positive purpose!
Never forget the great law of "what comes around goes around".
I wish everyone the best day possible, and as fast a return to health as possible!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach4so
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach4so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all.

I usually just read in OT but had to post for Pepster.

Becareful on Ebay. I have had some wonderful deals and also got burned just 2 months ago. Read everything...and then read it again!

I shop for Christmas on Ebay too sometimes. About 2 years ago got Dominic 600.00 worth of Nentindo Game Cube stuff for only 250. excellect condition and no problems.

I don't know if ya'll have kids that are into Yu-gi-oh but 2 mths ago I brought some Egyptian God cards 3 cards for 70.00 and they were conterfit.

I did get my money back pretty easily but they have alot of conterfit stuff floating around right now AND someone tried to scam me with my Paypal account.

They sent an email saying I purchased something I really didn't for a few hundred dollars and then wanted me to confirm my purchase.

Paypal did say it was a scam and took all the info to track the scammers down.

Loribelle for a "newbie" your are a smart one. I totally agree, I don't know what I would do without lymenet.

Thanks to all of ya'll.
Starr

Posts: 698 | From Louisiana | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6524

Wow, Starr, thanks for letting me know! I hope I don't get burned because I just went on a one week shopping spree. Most of the stuff was small stuff-two supplements and some Arbonne skin care products. And then i bought-my most exciting purchase and oxygen generator so I can do home oxygen treatments. This is EXCELLENT for those with neurologic lyme especially with those with abnormal spect scans. But I emailed with the guy first and he lives in my city and is very nice and is actually delivering it here to me tomorrow. So I can make sure its ok before giving him the check.

I am glad to know. Ebay is addicting!! I couldn't believe how fun it started being and then I stopped myself.

Thanks all! Oh had a great weekend!! ZIPPITY DOO DAH!!! Date number 1 though wins definitely over date number 2, although both want to go out again. I never thought I would feel like I am 16 again, but I kind of do and its fun. Only I pulled my back out yesterday as I thought I had more energy then I really did. Shows you the power of emotions!!! And now I am paying for it. Can hardly walk or sit!

Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how are you doing by now pepster?

i saw on general support some warnings to stay away from OT if you have tender feelings so thought i'd bring this 'up', tho i think it is much better lately...

Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that kinda funny. OT has a whole thread on another section. I posted a couple of times.

I think things are alot better two. must be we have alot of new poster names popping up over here. They must think it is safe huh.

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement