LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » LymeNet Decision & Budget 2005-06

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LymeNet Decision & Budget 2005-06
bstolow
Founding Member
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bstolow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To All:

As promised, the LymeNet Board met over the weekend to discuss our plans for resolving our financial crisis and the many Lyme Flash issues.

Your response to our ``Subscription Plan'' for LymeNet was overwhelming and intense. The suggestions were all good and many were well thought out. But, in reality, no one was really in love with the subscription plan.

Therefore, we have decided to put the subscription plan on the shelf and have accepted Lou Bachmann's offer to once again run the LymeNet Fund Raiser. It begins tonight and will run through the end of September. He has also graciously offered to come out of retirement and moderate the Flash Boards. In his words, `` I`ll straighten things out, train a couple of moderators (many of you volunteered to do it, we have your e-mails) and gladly go back into retirement.''

LymeNet has been and always will be a place to express your opinion and listen to those of other's. I have not been listening. For this I sincerely apologize. As for the promised upgrades and improvements, which have as yet not been implemented, our dedicated team of volunteer system engineers have told me that all of them will be completed by the end of September, with the new faster server connection in place by the end of August.

We ask for your patience and forgiveness. We ask that you consider sticking with us, supporting us, and continue to meet and learn on the LymeNet site.

Like you, we are Lyme victims. We do know the stress this disease causes. We have the same physical, emotional, and financial woes that you have. We, too, want LymeNet to be a place where people feel comfortable and safe. LymeNet and the Lyme Disease Network began fifteen years ago as our way of paying back for the help we received when Lyme changed our lives in 1989. It has always been our intention that LymeNet would serve that purpose for others. People can come, learn, get support, and then do the same for the next person.

I have placed below our budget for 2005-06, which includes an explanation of how your donations are spent and why we have set a $7,500 goal.

I wish all of you Good Health.

Bill Stolow

Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.

Operating Budget - 2005-06

Server Connection - $3,000/yr
Cable Modem LymeNet Office - $600/yr
Office Supplies - $400/yr
Gov't Fees - $100/yr
Domain Name (5) Fees - $100/yr
Donations/Ads - $500

Total Operating Budget - $4,700/yr

Capital Reserves - $2,800*

* In 2004 prior year reserves were depleted due to aging equipment replacement and shortfall of fund raising goals.

2004-05 Expenses not included in operating budget:
Equipment Replacement - $1,000 for DSL Modem replacement and onsite service call by NetCarrier.
New Server Purchase - $1,000
Software for New Server - $300

Total Funding Goal 2005-06 Campaign - $7,500*

------------------
Bill

Posts: 133 | From East Brunswick, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Close this Topic thread ... to many discussions in too many Forums ... overwhelming and almost impossible to follow.
Let's confine the discussion of the Topic: LymeNet Decision & Budget 2005-06
to the General Support Forum.

------------------
Lou B.

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement