LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » New School--New Competition--Whoa!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New School--New Competition--Whoa!
Kara Tyson
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did these people come from? I picked a challenging program..but geez! It is a good thing I always compete against myself...otherwise I might get a complex.

I used to always have the highest grade. In all my classes. But not any longer. Dont get me wrong, I still have an overall 96% which is perfectly acceptable but I am working for every bit of it--and then some.

In one of my classes I still have a 100%. But I am only 1 of 11 others who also have a 100%.

[dizzy]

--------------------
Kara Tyson
Lyme Disease Support Group Of Alabama--MobileChapter

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have met smarter than yourself theres always someone better at something in your life:D [Eek!]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont believe smart has anything to do with it. Smart is nothing--motivation & determination are everything.

I am listed as having a 60 iq by the education establishment since elementary school and yet I can compete with the best of them. But I have motivation. I have determination.

Some of them perhaps have more motivation and determination than I do...which I DO find incredible!

-

-

[ 24. October 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Kara Tyson ]

--------------------
Kara Tyson

Posts: 6022 | From Mobile, AL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kara,
You've heard the saying, "It's lonely at the top."

Sounds like it's getting CROWDED at the top.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Carol,

I will agree with that. Good grief!

Sometimes the true hares are in the middle (or at the bottom) because they dont think they have to go to any effort.

I remember one girl in my Advanced Anatomy class that never came to class. One the first test she made a big 50. And she was angry at the teacher! She actually complained to the head of the department about her grade.

She told me, "I never have to study. If I made a 50 something is wrong.". You bet something was wrong. I dont care how smart you are or how high your ACT/SAT is..you have to study. You have to want it.

I suppose there are some out there that dont have to work at it... but I never met one.

--------------------
Kara Tyson

lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[sleepy] SPS

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kara Tyson:
[QB] I dont believe smart has anything to do with it. Smart is nothing--motivation & determination are everything.

I am listed as having a 60 iq by the education establishment since elementary school and yet I can compete with the best of them. But I have motivation. I have determination.

Some of them perhaps have more motivation and determination than I do...which I DO find incredible!

Yes determination has a lot to do with it But being given a gift of intelligence also is something to be greatful for.

Now imagine those two together [Eek!] both the gift of determination and intelligence what this person could accomplish.

WoW

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i might be wrong kara, you have put your all into your education..you can enjoy yourself some time's..

please don't take this the wrong way.you have been running at this speed for a long time..

stop and smell the rose's..

you deserve that much. , gary

i didn't know you surf...

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Geden,

And you didnt know I only had one arm!!

--------------------
Kara Tyson

Kara Tyson
Member # 939

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kara Tyson         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my midterm grades...GPA back to 99%. Eat that Benet!!

I am so blasted tired. [spinning smile]

[ 26. October 2005, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Kara Tyson ]

--------------------
Kara Tyson

Kara Tyson
Member # 939

I heard from a friend last night. She is one semester ahead of me and taking 6 classes. In her Pharmacology class she got a 70 on a test--automatic probation. One more C and she is out.

--------------------
Kara Tyson

Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Kara. i have an IQ of 120 but my modivation and disipline is about a 5. hahahaha

I have always wondered what I could accomplish if I had more modivation and dicsipline. I am good at alot of things my my attention span runs out. I get board really easily. I have a tendency to quit things before I finish.

I am glad tht you are working so hard for what you want. I am hoping to go back to College next fall. I was actually doing great in school before the stroke in 2003, but I have not gone back yet.

Oh and even though my IQ is high I have never been able to spell! [Big Grin]

--------------------
It's not the Lyme, I just can't spell!  -

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Kara,

Take a breather....give that arm of yours a rest...I'm sure it is out of joint from back patting....geez.....

Softball, could the lack of finishing have anything to do with lyme? I think so.....

I have a twin sister and she was always resentful of me for having a ten point IQ higher than her 128.......perhaps people in general are resentful of those with hi IQ's that have the same determination and steadfastness as those who have to compete with themselves....

It's like when competitors in golf or bowling accuse me of doing something personal to them because I birdie a hole or have a run of strikes...for me it's just beating the GAME...it's never personal...yet they say things to me like...why don't you get sick or break a leg....even when I tell them it's not personal they take it as such anyway.....now this is something I have no control over........it's something they have to deal with in there own personalities....or continue to be what they are.......zman [loco]

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Tyson
Member # 939

I hope you do us all a favor and remove yourself from this world soon because you are taking air from others.

And I not surprised that you view treating people like garbage as a game. I am sure it is fun to call people names. You probably get an orgasm by tripping an elderly person.

And no, I dont believe you have Lyme. I believe you sit around all day at your computer and wont get off your *** to work.

--------------------
Kara Tyson

pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 31. October 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: pq ]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement