LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Anybody Watch Grey's Anatomy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody Watch Grey's Anatomy?
Starphoenix
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that show. It's my favorite. Tonight, I missed almost all of the first half due to a power outage. [Mad]

Steph

--------------------
Learning to love, and loving to learn.

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch it. I always tape it because I can't stay up that late (it's on at 10:00). So, I haven't watched last night's episode yet - I will when I get home.

I especially like Dr. McDreamy!

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, 'Gramma.

I usually tape it, too. I stay up late, but my husband goes to bed early, and our livingroom butts up with the bedroom. I can hardly hear it if I watch in Sunday night. Sometimes, I've watched it twice, once when I could barely hear, and the next day when I could! I'm addicted. [Big Grin]

I like Dr. McDreamy, too. I think he'll get back with Meredith before too long.

Wait until you see the kiss scene between two of the folk at the end of the show. It gives the shivers! I'd like a kiss like that! [woohoo]

Steph

--------------------

Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 12 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously Steph..I wish someone would kiss me like that! I LOVE that show! [Smile]

Abbie

--------------------
"Walk by Faith, Not by Sight"

Posts: 149 | From New City, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Abbie: I look forward to it all week! I'm sad when it ends.

I registered on the ABC message board yesterday. I've lurked for awhile.

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SERIOUSLY - that kiss gave me goose bumps and just reading about it was like watching it all over again.

My neighbor watches so as soon as it was over, I text messaged her "OMG was that a kiss?"! She wasn't watching 'cuz she was studying so, that made her really want to stop studying and watch her tape!!! LOL

In my lifetime, I don't think I've ever been kissed [kiss] like that and truthfully, the prospects aren't looking to good for the next 40 years!!

I've been watching that show since it started and so far really like it! Kinda bummed that Dr. McDreamy went back to his wifey tho [Frown]

I like Prison Break too on Fox! My other neighbor got me watching that one and it is kinda good! Not that realistic but some of the prisoners are cute!!

Sure beats watching the "whisper vision" my hubby watches 24/7 - how many ways can you stalk and kill a deer?? There are channels w/ nothing but that - it's frightening!!!

I'd rather watch kissing than hunting any day!!

Sherry

--------------------
 -

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Sherry: I've been watching since the beginning, too. I have to get my fix! [Big Grin]

Keep the faith. I think McDreamy will get back together with Meredith. I think he and Addison will realize that they aren't a good fit. You can see the tension between them already.

I never saw Prison Break. I may have to check that out!

I'm with you on the "whisper vision." I couldn't tolerate that, either!

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steph - only 3:30 minutes until our show [spinning smile]

I'm fixing to go feed all the animals and take a shower so I'll be READY!!!!

They haven't managed to match the KISS yet but, surely they will!!! I think "George" might get lucky tonight!!!!

McDreamy has been looking good lately - huh???

You know - it is one of the rare moments that I usually LAUGH OUT LOUD - just some really "non real" pleasant time!!!

Sherry

PS - Have u watched Prison Break yet? (It may be hard to jump in the middle of the season I think - if you don't know all the history!!)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Hey, Sherry.

I have our show taping right now. At least, I hope it's taping! Since we had an issue with the livingroom VCR, I set it up on the bedroom one. I'd feel better if I knew it was taping, but I won't sneak in there because hubby goes to bed early. I don't want to bother him now.

It looked like a scorcher, based on last week's preview. I can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Yeah, McDreamy is certainly good looking!

I haven't seen Prison Break. I'm not even sure when it's on. What's the basic premise of the show, and when is it on, if you don't mind sharing?

I hope George gets lucky. He's such a sweetie.

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

OMG - Steph - u will like this one i think!!!

I laughed a bunch!!!

won't give anything away tho - ttyl

Sherry

--------------------
 -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy do I feel stupid!! I watched it last night and for the life of me I can't remember who kissed who on the "big kiss" you're talking about!! I must really be losing it!! [bonk]

So refresh my memory please!!! [shake]

I've been watching since the first show. Was impressed from the beginning.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Hey, Tutu. I didn't know you were a GA fan, too!

The big kiss was the one between Alex and Izzie, when he came into the bar, dipped her, and laid it on her!

I watched last night's show twice today. I'm so addicted.

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

tutu - I know we are all SICK biddies but how in the world could u forget THAT kiss???

U must have stepped out for some Blue Bell - huh??

Steph - I knew u'd be loving last night's episode!!

I died when what ya call it took Burke to her apartment - OMG - it looked like my house!!! I was ROLLING!!!

I know I need a life but I don't recall being this entertained by a TV show since Ally McBeal!!

[group hug] Greys Anatomy fans UNITE!!

Sherry

--------------------
 -

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Sherry: That's funny! I guess I'm more like Burke where you could do surgery at my home. Well, sort of. [Big Grin] I am quite, um, anal, about neatness.

I loved Ally, too! Sometimes, I do see a parallel.

Hey, did you notice that the guy Mer met at the bar wasn't the same one she took home? Were we not supposed to notice that?!

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

I did notice it but then thought maybe it was different day or something!

He looked purty cute to me!!

Makes me wanna lose 500 pounds, not comb my hair and go sit in a bar drinking tequila shots and pretend I'm a doctor!!!

hmmmm - must be the life!! Sure hope she is using protection tho!! [Razz]

Sherry

--------------------
 -

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

You crack me up, Sherry! [Big Grin]

Seriously about the protection! Look at what happened with so many getting Syphilis! Yikes.

Steph

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ponytail:
tutu - I know we are all SICK biddies but how in the world could u forget THAT kiss???

U must have stepped out for some Blue Bell - huh??

Oh yeah, I saw that!!! [Big Grin] I couldn't figure out who you guys were talking about....so it was hard to get a visual of "nothing!"

Yeah, it's a great show. I think they went a little heavy on the sex this last episode, but nobody seemed to mind that!!! [Big Grin] [woohoo]

Oh yeah....BLUE BELL!!! I'm headed to Texas in a few weeks. How am I going to resist the Blue Bell??? [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Okay, call me ignorant. What in blue blazes is Blue Bell?

Steph

--------------------

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Tutu - too bad u haven't been here this week! It has been so wonderful outside!! Sunny and cool w/ very little humidity!! I've been visiting the outdoors several times a day!! I keep thinking you'll pop on by someday when u r in the "hood"!!!

Steph - Blue Bell is some really GOOD ice cream made "down home in the country" and tutu is sooo not supposed to eat any at all!!! [Eek!]

[Smile]
Sherry

--------------------
 -

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Step away from the Blue Bell, Lymetoo.

What am I saying? I'd eat it. [woohoo]

Anyone wanna ship some to this Northerner?

Steph

--------------------

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am totally in love with this show. I adore Sandra Oh and everyone on the show. McDreamy....sigh....lol

Does anyone else roll their eyes and wait for Desperate Housewives to end so Grey's Anatomy will start?

I LOVE this show.

I also have been watching House, with the desperate hope that one of the mystery diseases will be Lyme. Yes, I'm sad and have no life lololol.

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starphoenix:
Step away from the Blue Bell, Lymetoo.

No way! You're mean!!! [Big Grin] I actually grew up on it. The owners are relatives of mine....sigh....no money coming THIS direction!!

You know what's really sad? We always stopped in Brenham for Blue Bell on the way to our cabin in the woods.......The place where I was Lymed as a child! [shake]

A three-dip cone was $0.15!!! I kid you not. Am I OLD or what!!? [Eek!]

--------------------

Alison....that's funny about Desperate!! I enjoy both, but always look forward to Grey coming on!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steph....Check out www.bluebell.com

See those pretty bluebonnets on the homepage?? Sigh, double sigh.

check this out

http://bluebell.com/about_country.htm

We actually can get BB here. It made it this far north about a yr after we moved here. I told my inlaws they weren't going to get their son back to Texas now that we had BB here!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Alison: I never actually saw more than the last few minutes of DH. Sometimes, I watch the end, and tease myself with "Previously on Grey's Anatomy," at which time I change the channel because I'm taping!

Lymetoo: I'm not a Meanie, Meanie, Jellybeanie! Tee hee. And I can see where this might be good for the health, especially the chocolate varieties, since chocolate is a vegetable. (It comes from a plant; that's my story, and I'm sticking with it! [Big Grin] )

I want me some of this. I see that they do ship, but it costs $89 for four containers. Yowza! Oh, well. We have Perry's Ice Cream here, and it's good. www.perrysicecream.com. (Oh! The link doesn't work.)

I turned the sound on when I opened the Blue Bell site. I thought I might hear a "Moo." [Razz]

Steph

--------------------

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steph...I think you are totally on to something here with the whole "chocolate is a vegetable" thing. I support that wholeheartedly. AND....it's an antioxidant! [Smile]

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by AlisonP:
Steph...I think you are totally on to something here with the whole "chocolate is a vegetable" thing. I support that wholeheartedly. AND....it's an antioxidant! [Smile]

Alison

I agree!!!

Hey, that $89 is a bargain....They've been charging the same $89 for years! I guess $100 for ice cream would seem a bit out of line!! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement