LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Off Topic or Off the Wall

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Off Topic or Off the Wall
LymeOjai
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OKAY, I'M THE NEW PERSON ON THE BLOCK. I HAVE A SISTER WITH LYME AND I CURRENTLY HAVE INSOMNIA.

I'M ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY, NOT A CALLED-UP RESERVIST OR GUARD MEMBER, A BONIFIDE ACTIVE DUTY NCO.

I HAVE BEEN BRINGING MYSELF UP-TO-DATE ON THE MEDICAL SIDE OF LYME AND JUST HAPPENED OVER TO THIS SIDE.

I'VE READ SEVERAL POSTS AND I'VE EVEN ADDED MY INPUT TO ONE.

I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED, SO I'LL ASK SOME OF YOU OLD HANDS TO HELP ME.

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE CONCERNING SOME IDIOT AND HER CATS HAVE ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH IRAQ???

DID I MISS SOMETHING??

I'VE GONE BACK A FEW DAYS AND READ SEVERAL OF THE POSTS CONCERNING THE POLITICS OF SOME OF THE MEMBERS AND I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THE STUFF I'VE BEEN READING.

I GUESS I NOW KNOW HOW THE ORIGINATOR OF THE BOARD CAME UP WITH THE TITLE: OFF TOPIC. IT APPEARS OFF-THE-WALL MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN EVEN BETTER TITLE.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED I AM REFERRING TO THE POST THREAD CONCERNING
quote:
WE NEED MORE JUDGES LIKE THIS

Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME LymeOjai~!

It's refreshing to have an active military member to bring input to the land of the crazies~!

Seems like most of the posters here are gone for the holidays, its been rather quiet for a few days.

You'll find that the liberal/Dem bent of the posters will take any opportunity to inject their opinion on the war, even if it makes no sense to the post.

If they initiate a post, they'll keep reposting to that post in the same vein, even if they get no replies. [bonk] -It is what it is.

Be prepared for reams of cut and paste.

The Right just keeps on giving equal time, even though the left refuses to listen....and round and round we go.

I think you answered the post on the military's view very well~! Thanks for your input and I hope you stick around.

You must be home on Thanksgiving leave~! Happy Thanksgiving [Big Grin] If you're comfortable, could you say what branch of service you're in?

I even know where Ojai is---(exCalifornian)
Is that desert beautiful or what? I like the star gazing myself.

God Bless~!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

I have no problem telling anyone with whom I serve, I'm proud of the fact that I'm in the United States Marine Corps.

I'm an E-7 Gunnery Sergeant home on leave. My parents, as well as my sister, live in Southern California. I'm not sure I'll have the luxury of being able to keep up with this political banter, but I'm going to try.

My father retired from the USAF after 26 years of service and is a registered member of Lyme Net. He's the one that got me interested in the Off Topic section of Lyme Net.

Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean someone other than us reads here!?%

I'll have to sharpen up my debate skills...... [Wink]

SEMPER FI~!--Ojai From the wife of an ex-marine--I know, once a Marine always a Marine (Cmp Pendleton to Nam '68-'70)

Funny how the left thinks they need to SAVE the military? Most of those who post on the Right here are those ex-military or family members affiliated. Not pro-war, but proud to serve and proud of our Country and President.

No pressure, post when you like and I hope your leave is wonderful!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

Semper Fi
Loribelle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O... K....... well I should first warn you that I am the mother of a "called up Guard Member" who has been serving our country in Ramadi Iraq for the last year.

His unit is attatched to a Marine unit there; they clear the roadways of bombs and have saved a lot of Marine's a$$e$!

If I weren't so proud of, and thankful for your service, I would have to kick your Semper-Fi butt! for being disrespectful to other soldiers who serve through Reserves or National Guard. They are plenty BONAFIDE.

That said....... welcome to Lymenet Off Topic [Smile]
I'm Loribelle [hi]

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

Loribelle,

You have my deepest and most sincere apologies for my unwarranted affront to your son and all of my brothers and sisters from the Reserves and the Guard.

We old farts some times let our own self-importance get in the way of reality. As I'm positive you know, we would not be able to even think about defeating terrorism without the Reserves or Guard members.

And yes they have pulled my personal skinny *** out of more than one scrape.

Sincerely,
LymeOjai - Semper Fi

Again, I stand ashamed and apologetic.

24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, meg described it well. You've basically got a few anti-war obsessed far left extremists that like to force feed their nonsense anyway they can. I guess it makes them feel important or something, but it's really just obnoxious, rude and annoying at best.

Everyone has a right to disagree with the war. But if you distort and politicize the facts, and hopefull for failure in Iraq because of political hate.....there's nothing American about that. Some people here say they support the troups, yet they despise the mission....even see it as evil. You can't have it both ways. When you actively want your country to fail for political gain, you are encouraging the enemy and are indirectly responsible for American lives lost in Iraq. We have some of that on this board, unfortunately, and it doesn't get any more un-American than that.

Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noone here 'actively wants the War to fail for political gain'

That is an agrressive asault and deflection.
You sound like the VP.

Deamonizing legitimate questions isn't holding any water. Simply answering them may...or may not..we don;t know becuase it hasn't happened.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey gunny, did lori leave any teeth mark's on your a$$ ?..lol..

pull up a chair.. thankyou for serving.. , gary

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

Gary,

Actually she did and I deserved every tooth mark. I have apologized to her both publically and privately.

Semper Fi

Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he has apologized, very well I might add. Not bad - for a Jar head; I mean Marine.... [Wink]
Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeOjai
Unregistered

Loribelle,

I accept the term Jarhead as a term of endearment.

Thank you!

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoooeeee...

Dont'cha be messin' with the Belle of the Ball [kiss]

[Wink] Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement