LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Free Harry Potter book

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free Harry Potter book
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I accidently recieved TWO of the 'Deathly Harrows'books.

They are paid for but I would like to pass one on to someone who would love to get one but is having a hard time doing so.

Soooo.

In the spirit of giving, could you please private email me and I will send it out to you. No questions asked.

It is still in the box I received it in. I will simply forward it to you.

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!
No one wants the new book for free?

I really don't need two hard covered copies of this BUT if no one wants the free one, then, I guess I can get a refund for it, somehow.

Really? [confused]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maye you ought to put it in General Support...there are some who have an aversion to Off Topic....

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, hon, but i don't have grandchildren who read and i don't either!!!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, maybe I'll go put this in 'General'.

I had really bad Bart several years ago and was an avid reader but couldn't read and comprehend much then.

The only thing I could read and get MOST of what I was reading were the 'Harry Potter' books my friend recommended (she's in her 60's!!).

I have since reread them and LOVE them!!!

Soooo, thought someone else in Lymeland might enjoy the last book, which JUST came out....

Okay.

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for offering, sizzled.

I'm still a book behind and have some trouble reading lately. [Roll Eyes]

I'd take Charlie's idea, if you haven't already, and see if someone answers from General. There sure enough folks with kids.

Even if I was caught up I'd feel really guilty depriving a child from reading. *nods*

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you most have been posting at the same time, sizzled. I didn't see your post.

I also read them and lots of children's books when it got tougher to read. I'm still kind of there. (I used to read a few books a week.)

Have you read any of the Louise Rennison books?
She has a funny series written as the diary of a 14 year old girl in England. I laughed out loud.

It was like being 14 again... only funnier. The first is 'Angus, Thongs and fullfrontal Snogging - the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson'.

If you get no takers...

I might finish the one before soon. btw, is/was it great?

[ 22. July 2007, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: trueblue ]

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks true, for the rec on another book.

Frankly, I don't think the Potter books are just for kids....Maybe kids-at-heart! [Wink]

I haven't posted in General yet.

I started to read the 'Deathly Harrows'...I think I have to go back and read the book BEFORE this one to remember everything!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

There's no brain like an old brain!!! Or is it an old brain like no brain????!!! [Big Grin]

As soon as someone wants the extra book, I'm writing the addy on it and it will get sent.

I have a tendency to start reading several books and then.... [dizzy] !!!!

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Tuesdays with Morrie', 'The Dalai Lama' and now the last Harry Potter book......yikes!

No wonder I am always confused! [lol]

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by sizzled:
I have a tendency to start reading several books and then.... [dizzy] !!!!

Oh, not me [lol]
let's see... I have only 2 in the middle that I've forgotten what was happening in them. I did just read the last Janet Evanovich the 13 one. Hahahahaha...

I want to read like before but find myself posting here or doing puzzles.

I always have read children's books, especially as an adult. I think as a kid I was reading adult books. I think I'll live backwards like Merlin or something. Crayons were 20cents in Walmart the other day! [Smile]

--------------------
more light, more love

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 10 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooohhhhh, ccccrrrayyyoonnnsss!!!

(spoken like Homer Simpson!!) [Big Grin]

SunRa
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey sizzled, that's really nice of you! I can't believe there aren't any takers yet!!

before I started the new one, I read the sparknotes for the Half-Blood Price to refresh my memory. although re-reading it would be fun, I'm impatient and wanted get right to the new one!!

in case it's helpful to you, here they are...I read the chapter by chapter summaries and it all came back to me...
SparkNotes: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Posts: 1563 | From MA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay!

I think I got a taker!!!

Waiting for a place to send it to!

I started reading the new Potter book...only on page 227.

Full of suspense and still no clue as to what is going to happen!

Thank-you, Sunra , for the link to crib notes!

It will come in handy, fer sure! [Wink]

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YIkes- is it gone?!??!? My 10 year old wants it!!

If it is gone s'okay I will buy it for her at the book store but if it is not taken yet she would LOVE it!*)*!)!

???

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

CaliforniaLyme, it was sent to the 'early bird' today! [Wink]

If you order it from Amazon.com, it might cost about 17.99 (I ordered it a few months ago).

I need to go back and read the previous books since my memory chip is no longer working!!

Did she get to see the new movie out????

2 hours and 25 minutes, but it was fun!! [Smile]

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 6 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Is your daughter TEN already!!! [Eek!]

Time flies!!!!! [spinning smile]

CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx anyay Sizzled*)*!)!

We'll get it from the local owned independent bookseller*)!*)! I either go Amazon or them, should just go them but I get impatient with waiting sometimes and I like Amazon*!)*)!! Thanks though!!!!
Yup, 10 and a HALF!!!!! Amazing how fast it all is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

p.s.s.s.s.s.

Got it at SAFEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!)

--------------------
-John Ruskin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement