LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » can anybody recommend a cruise??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can anybody recommend a cruise??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i need to plan this thing. mike says he's tired of me saying i want to do things but won't plan a trip, so here goes.

i want to take a cruise. out of galveston so we can drive down and save some money.

i don't know squat about cruising but do know that they told me to "get a balcony". okkk, so balcony it is.

i don't want to go to mexico, just not interested. i'd love to go to caribbean but they don't go there.

what can you tell me about your cruise experiences? my one sister did tell me to stay away from carnival and disney, too many kids. I want OLDER people, over 50, nice and quiet!!

and plenty of good food.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cave....huh?

Randi....PM me your email addy. I have a good Texas "joke" for you. It's clean, but it's from an email and I don't think I can post it here.

I need to send it to don too....any ranchers or Texans.

Also...anyone who needs a good laugh....chuckle, chuckle!! [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi....Did you get the email?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CELEBRITY CRUISES FOR JUST ADULTS
NORWEGIAN WITH KIDS

CHECK ALL THE PLACES
HOTWIRE AND SITE59 ARE USUALLY CHEAPER.
IF MEMBER OF COSTCO OR BJS ,THEY ALSO HAVE CRUISES.

7DAY IS CHEAPER PER DAY THAN 3 DAY
CELEBRITY ALL HAVE BALCONIES BUT YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR OUTSIDE ROOM.
WORTH EVERY PENNY.

YOU MIGHT TRY A 3-4 DAY CRUISE FROM GALVATON
TO MEXICO . CANCUN,TULUM ETC.
DON'T GO UNTIL HURRICANE SEASON IS OVER

DOCDAVE

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RoadRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the balcony is nice view but if you get sea sick it isn't the best place to be the crew sleeps at the bottom of boat and it doesn't rock at all my friend is a crew member. so if you get sick move down a few decks and get a window room and you will be better off.

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

Posts: 2630 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unforunately that is artially true
the lower in the hull you go the more sea sick you get.

i have been on 10 cruises and only got sea sick
in the english channel on the qe2 with
50 mph winds.\
the whole boat got sick after leaving southhampton.

at least it didn't sink.

the higher up you go the better off you are.
most new boats have first class in the middle around deck 6 or 7
get a room above or below the most expensive
floors. these are the most stable.

these new ships have major stabilizers on them and can ride out a hurricane in semi comfort.

you have to go on a diet before you go, cause the food is flowing everwhere, all the time.
even get breakfast in bed.

if you don't like your meal get another one.

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RoadRunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on a cruise the boat doesn't rock at the bottom(unless you are in storm)
my friend works on one and that is what he says if you want to see the view go to the top.

if it is rockin you are in a storm.

My friend does this for a living and has been on 1000 or more cruises.

the higher you go is worse cant believe this it is funny ....

use a little common sense here if it is rocking at bottom or middle what is the top doing this is just logic.

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

Posts: 2630 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only place it rocks less is the middle of the ship.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoadRunner
Member # 380

I just talk to a friend who's brother is a captain on a cruise ship and he said that all you have to do is take a model boat and hit it at top and see what happens. the bottom rock less.

the bottom does move but not as much as the top.
this place is amazing

this is just commom sense....

RR

--------------------
"Beep Beep"

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when do you want to go?

for 1,500 dollars you can go on a cruise to italy for a week, every meal paid for, every on-shore tour of grand italian cities paid for, no need to schlep luggage.

its not the carribean, but it sure is swell. [Smile]

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement